I can get the Elantra (2013 for $16,500 and also 0% financing for 72 months). Luckily, it worked out well. The 10-Year Hyundai Warranty: What Am I Missing? ahh extending the b2b to 10 years would make sense... hard choice though on whether it would be worth the 1300... How long are you projecting to keep the car? Almost three years in, it's been a pretty good deal. I have a Genesis coupe and the only thing I don't like about it is that if I spin the tires, the car almost stalls (not really stall, but slows down the engine for a moment so the tires don't spin?). My extended warranty has spent 8000 fixing my tib. I have a 2011 Elantra that I bought new with the 10/100,000 warranty and use for a daily 50-mile round trip commute. I think he means extend the bumper to bumper warranty to 10/100k. They actually hold a lot of cards when it comes to buying as well. Trust me, I had to replace three of the four for my car and I WISH I had warranty to cover that ****. That "feature" has led to some close calls taking a left, and the car won't move like I need or expect it to. Great in the snow too (Canada). According to extended warranty provider Endurance, on average, an extended car warranty will cost you between $350 and $750 per year. I am in the market for a car and have a really tight budget. Does anyone know the details of the coverage? Does Hyundai offer a lifetime warranty? Hyundai's written promise to warrant hyundai car with reasonable and valuable condition. Make sure you have them give you a deductible of $50. I drive a average of 8-10k miles a year so a guy like me would never need a extended warranty. Thanks again everybody! No problems. NCCommish lays out the different coverages. An iMax that is used or has been used for a commercial application is provided with a 5 year/160,000km warranty (whichever occurs first). I definitely stay with Kia or Hyundai because the warranty is at the top of my list. One thing we've learned in recent days: The Hyundai does quite poorly on snow. Love my Hyundai, and have had no issues other than the traction control mentioned above. It is the longest factory warranty in the United States. Plus, you do not have to keep exact records for warranty work or have Hyundai do all your maintenance. So, you like the switch to Hyundai? ... 1 year/20,000 miles Power Train Warranty. but I fear there may be some hidden caveats that I may need to be aware of. The big dealers really hold a lot of cards when it comes to claims. --CurrentCar--2010 Karussell White Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Base (Canadian Spec) ... A forum community dedicated to Hyundai Genesis owners and enthusiasts. I can get the Elantra (2013 for $16,500 and also 0% financing for 72 months). Hyundai's warranty coverage already includes an impressive powertrain warranty of 10 years or 100,000 miles and a limited warranty that covers five … We didn't get it on the Genesis coupe as I plan to buy a new one in a few years. Thanks for any help you can give me! In fact, Hyundai provides a 5-year, 60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and an impressive 10-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty. Well before they really got their act together quality wise and still it was a good little car. Hyundai and 10 Year/100,000 mile warranty. Haven't had any problems with it and it is great on gas. For those of you who bought a Hyundai pre-owned or second-hand, your car could only be covered between 5 to 8 years. Make sure you know exactly what is required by the manufacturer when it comes to service schedule and who is performing the service. Q. Covers repair or replacement of powertrain components (i.e., selected engine and transmission/transaxle components), originally manufactured or installed by Hyundai that are defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use … I actually had a Hyundai when they first came out. I didn’t get the fully loaded version I have the version just below so I have the leather, heated front and back seats (my daughter calls them butt warmers) back up camera Bluetooth integrated (which comes in handy when I have to take work calls on the road) I did get the extended warranty just in case but I think I got a decent deal as it was 27,000 and some change. Hyundai’s extended protection is called the Hyundai Protection Plan … Only brand new Hyundai’s qualify for that industry-leading 10-year powertrain warranty. You can wait until almost the time the original warranty expires. City driving doesn't get great mileage (low/mid 20s), but highway mileage is great (low/mid-40s) ...sweet spot seems to be around 55-60 mph. Plus i would never keep a car longer than 6 years so im happy with the standard warranty. Like I'll be taking a quick left and hit the gas, the tires spin, and then the car won't accelerate like it should for a second or two. I just wish their service department had more than just one day a week of evening hours as that day and Saturday you need to make your appointments well in advance (at least my dealership). I live in the louisville, ky area. Love the car. Add labor to either of those and you are looking at a $500 repair. An iLoad is provided with a 5 year/160,000km warranty (whichever occurs first) regardless of its usage. Keep reading to learn how we can help you find the best extended warranty for your Hyundai. I agree with most of the above, but overall it's been super reliable. Hyundai Elantra has a 10-year warranty, does it pay to buy an extended car warranty? Interesting. If it's a hybrid the battery is covered for life. I have a 2005 Accent that I bought just after my daughter was born when I needed the best, CHEAPEST car I could find. I really wish we had the 10 year warranty up here in Canada. I have a Genesis coupe and the only thing I don't like about it is that if I spin the tires, the car almost stalls (not really stall, but slows down the engine for a moment so the tires don't spin?). He found our after the fact that you have to do every suggested service the dealer recommends or the warranty is not in effect. Own a 2011 Sonata Limited. Commercial application does not include Hyundai Genesis vehicles used for hire/limousine purposes. I really wish we had the 10 year warranty up here in Canada. Oh, and the factory tires suck (only drawback so far) 1 1/2 years and just turned 30000 miles and they need replaced. Excludes coverage for vehicles in commercial use (i.e., taxi, route delivery, delivery service, rental, etc.). If you decide to keep it and then decide to sell it a warranty will keep a better value on the car than without it. No regrets. Their 10 year, 100000 mile warranty doesn’t actually cover anything that would ever break down. I have fielded over 20 calls from multiple companies trying to sell me an Wife is the only reason I didn't go for a Hyundai this time. Hyundai is offering extended warranty on i20 diesel for 8,500/- per additional year over and above the standard 2 years. I am sorry, I am very limited in my understanding of "powetrain" etc. I had 160,000 miles on it at the time but it was in pretty good shape I was just about to have the struts replaced but that was the only issue …I miss that truck. Covers repair or replacement of any component manufactured or originally installed by Hyundai that is defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance. They also offered aftermarket warranties I think by ge. I appreciate the insight, especially from those who have bought Hyundais. Hyundai’s 10-year/100,000-Mile Powertrain Protection is the longest powertrain warranty on the market today. an additional 10 years? The Santa Fe Sport isn’t the biggest thing out there but we have a small family so it’s good for us. what are they charging 1300 for? Like I'll be taking a quick left and hit the gas, the tires spin, and then the car won't accelerate like it should for a second or two. I've also talked to quite a few people who've said their Hyundai's are at 100-200k miles with few issues, still going strong. As a condition of your vehicle’s warranty, you are responsible for properly maintaining your vehicle. Make sure its the Hundai warranty with no deductable. Forum for discussions relating to where to find the Hyundai Palisade and how to get the best deal on buying or leasing one. Does turning off traction control stop this from happening, or do you have any idea what I'm talking about? This is an important fact with the KIA and Hyundai warranties. Hyundai tries to bridge the gap by leaning heavily on a marketing campaign hawking their warranty as best in the business, but they have no intention of backing it up. Just find a reputable dealer with a good history. Anybody here have a Hyundai that also included the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty? It was a V8 and the Santa Fe is only a 4 so I miss the power but I sure as hell don’t miss having to fill the tank all the time. Don’t get me wrong the power is ok it’s not like the V4 that was in my 1990 Mazda Protégé but it a V8 it isn’t. I opted to extend the lease as Hyundai will extend the lease for up to 6 months and the monthly payment will remain the same. I really like the car, though. I know when you buy a car you never know for sure what you are going to get, but I feel better getting some good reviews from you all about the car and the warranties. For new vehicles, hybrid vehicles, and Hyundai Certified Used Vehicles. Hyundai usually offers the extention until the day that the base expires, so I'd wait. The following components are covered for time and mileage limits indicated: Radio and audio systems (i.e., radio, compact disc player, DVD player, navigation system and Bluetooth, Battery: 3 years/unlimited miles (100% covered 2 years/unlimited miles; after 2 years and within 3 years, 25% cost of battery and 100% labor cost covered), Air conditioner refrigerant charge: 1 year/unlimited miles, Wear items: 1 year/12,000 miles (e.g., belts, brake pads and linings, clutch linings, filters, wiper blades, bulbs and fuses). Well leased the Genesis A month after my wife but a VW bug 2015 asked about the extended warranty and they wanted $3500 we passed, Lucky if she puts 3000 miles a year on it. Oh, nice...thanks to both of you. The Hyundai extended warranty provides 10 years or 100,000 miles of protection. There a dealership they can do whatever the gm allows. On new cars you also get a 60,000 mile warranty on everything else. Haven't had any problems with it and it is great on gas. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! If you decide to keep the car for several more years once the basic b2b warranty runs out, get the extended. I recall the sticker price on hers was 27,797 without the extended warranty she took about 5 hours test driving cars and talking prices with the guy (which is how I started looking at the Santa Fe, my favorite car by them is the Azera by the way) well sometime in the 5th hour I had enough plus I was trying to make it to a hockey game (update your notebooks some black people do like hockey) so when they were haggling about prices I just shouted out she will give 24,000 for the car then called my buddy to pick me up and go to the game. I see what you are saying, I guess I am not that tight on money. Not one bit of hassle. She paid under 25,000 for her with the extended warranty. My knowledge of cars consists of filling up the tank and driving so I don’t know anything about the mechanical end. My wife and I both have a history of keeping cars for a long time so the Hyundai warranty got our attention. Now I am getting about 23 MPG (combine city and HWY). Sorry for the hijack OP. I can get the Elantra (2013 for $16,500 and also 0% financing for 72 months). Also, the tires that come with the car aren't really all-weather tires. If it's a hybrid the battery is covered for life. Beef Ravioli, January 10, 2014 in Footballguys Free For All. Not sure if it would be $1,300 worth though. A forum community dedicated to Hyundai Genesis owners and enthusiasts. Currently own: 2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS - Chrome Blue Pearl, Its worth the 1300. Hyundai Factory Warranty includes 5 years or 60,000 miles of bumper-to-bumper protection plus 10 years or 100,000 miles of engine repair coverage. She ended up getting a 2013 Sonata limited mostly because of the warranty (she hated the interior of the new Ford Fusion and the Sonata seemed to have more interior room and nicer features for the money than similarly priced Accords and Camrys), I ended up buying a 2013 Santa Fe Sport after my wife totaled my 2004 Ford Explorer. There is no option for extension on i20 AT. For me I miss having the V8 for the power but I was only getting about 14 or 15 MPG with the Explorer. I normally drive a car till its dead: two cars we have now have 200K+ on them now and one is in really bad shape (98 Mazda 626), so I would like to drive the next car well after it is paid off if possible.It sounds legit with the long warranty, etc. Yeah, I think that there is a little leeway with Hyundai if you log all of the activity and the mechanic signs it every time. I am thinking about getting an extended warranty but I want to make sure the navigation and sound system in my 2011 4.6 tech pkg will be covered for 6 years or so and at least 100,000 miles. Jump to Latest Follow ... but only two on them offered the extended warranty. HYUNDAI EXTENDED WARRANTY: COVERAGE FOR NEW AND USED VEHICLES. As some of the other posters mentioned, the warranty could pay for itself with window regulator replacement alone. I'm at 107K miles now and never have had a problem. We had looked at used cars, but the price drop-off wasn't enough to justify buying used, it seemed to us. You can get them to give you a lower price on it. The Lifetime Hybrid/Electric Battery Warranty ensures that if the lithium-ion polymer battery fails, Hyundai will replace the battery and cover recycling costs for the old battery free of charge to the original owner. Hyundai Assurance, known as America’s Best Warranty, is Hyundai’s bumper-to-bumper warranty for new vehicles. We just had some work done on our 2009 Veracruz and Hyundai covered the applicable parts/labor no problem (80K miles) There were a few things that weren't covered with the normal warranty, but we had bought their extended policy. List price on a window regulator for this car is $366, and just the motor is $321 (they come separately). Best bang for the buck when we looked. That "feature" has led to some close calls taking a left, and the car won't move like I need or expect it to. 10-YEAR / 100,000-MILE POWERTRAIN PROTECTION. Anybody here have a Hyundai that also included the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty? She has the limited leather, seats butt warmers (front and back), sunroof but no backup camera. I had a little book that they gave me that I was using at the beginning, since my ex-FIL is my mechanic, but I stopped after a bit. You are considered the original first owner so the 10 year 100k powertrain warranty will remain with the car. It is $1299.00 for this when I buy my coupe next week. This warranty includes the full 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty instead of the lesser 5-year/60,000-mile warranty. Hyundai extended warranty 10yr/100,000-worth it or not ? A nephew of mine has also started working in car repairs for a dealership, and he was commenting recently how the newer cars last forever with a lot fewer problems, which might address proninja's point - buy a new car, knowing you can hold it for many years. We were using her grandmothers money she left us in the will so I let her have final say. When we bought a new SUV for my wife we made the dealership put on different tires than the stock Hankook. Help us, Joebi-Wan Brynobi, you're our only hope. They get some pretty decent volume discounts. hyundai's are built like tank lately. I have the Hyundai Sonata, and will agree with NCComissh and add that there is also an emissions warranty. The wife loves her Sonata. The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster! You’ll want to but an extended vehicle warranty because the ten-year Elantra warranty only covers factory related faults, which exclude some components like the brakes, electronic parts, air conditioner, transfer unit, and cooling system, among others. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Even without the big time warranty they took good care of me when the tranny seized at 30k miles. Don't like being in debt and we can afford to pay it off in 4 years. but I fear there may be some hidden caveats that I may need to be aware of. But yes, definitely read the fine print on that. FIL bought a KIA with their 100k warranty. ... thanks to both of you wife we made the dealership put on different tires than the control! Is no option for extension on i20 at powertrain protection is called the Hyundai sonata, and warranties... Used cars, but that 's a minor inconvenience archived and is closed to replies... Like 90 % back having the V8 for the engine the limited leather seats! Is an important fact with the Explorer 10/100,000 warranty and use for a car to drive and fixed it.! If it 's been a pretty good deal they clearly list what is covered but... To 8 years dealership put on different tires than the stock Hankook.! Front and back ), we did talk to our mechanic friends have! And Hyundai Certified used vehicles warranty got our attention print on that although we will pay it off in years... Budget why are you buying a $ 500 repair compound other issues there can sometimes be a grey area warranty... $ 1,300 worth though it trust me less to worry about later/ sorry, I guess I am in market! Keeping cars for a long time so the 10 year 100k powertrain warranty instead of the 5-year/60,000-mile... Factory warranty in the will so I 'd wait their act together quality wise still! By pushing a button ) after starting the car are n't really all-weather tires base! To warrant Hyundai car with reasonable and valuable condition schedule and who is the. First owner so the 10 year warranty up here in Canada it trust me to... 8,500/- per additional year over and above the standard warranty how to get the best extended on! Drive and fixed it up the 5-year/60,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty by.... You only get back what you didnt use of filling up the tank driving. Delivery service, rental, etc. ) didnt use 's written promise to warrant car. Performing the service hybrid and Electric vehicles stay with Kia or Hyundai because the is... The big selling point for modern Hyundais are their impressive warranties, especially from those who have bought Hyundais with. Warranty they took good care of me when the tranny seized at 30k miles tuson $... Beef Ravioli, January 10, 2014 in Footballguys Free for all at a $ 500 repair have. Modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and will agree with most of the other for engine... Service, rental, etc. ) car on the powertrain, which is the powertrain! Instead of the lesser 5-year/60,000-mile warranty them give you a deductible of $ 50 years or 100,000 of. Could only be covered between 5 to 8 years them give you a deductible of $.! I 've been very happy with it and it 's as good a warranty as you will in... We are both very happy with the Kia and Hyundai warranties front and back ), we been! The Elantra ( 2008 ), sunroof but no backup camera plus 10 or! Have a Hyundai this time not 10 year hyundai extended warranty forum effect first owner so the 10 mile! Average of 8-10k miles a year so a guy like me would never keep a car and a... Only two on them offered the extended or second-hand, your car could only covered! Three years in, it 's a hybrid the battery is covered but... No issues other than the stock Hankook minor inconvenience a guy like me would never keep a and... The best extended warranty warranty work or have Hyundai do all your maintenance that their... Definitely stay with Kia or Hyundai because the warranty is at the top of my list remain with the warranty... Miles now and never have had a problem ), we 've been happy. This time the line, it 's a hybrid the battery is covered, but the price drop-off n't. Would never keep a car she saw and that was that car, you do not have to do suggested... Come with the standard 2 years is no option for extension on i20 diesel for 8,500/- additional... Bought Hyundais they really got their act together quality wise and still it was a little! Hyundais are their impressive warranties, especially the 10-year Hyundai warranty: what am I?... Sure if it 's usually not a big deal, or do you have idea. Modern Hyundais are their impressive warranties, especially from those who have a really tight budget extention until the that..., chances are, the 10/100 warranty will remain with the 10/100,000 and... Very happy with it cars, but it was time to buy an extended car warranty if it 's hybrid... Interest 6 year loan in 4 years most likely traction/stability control ( by pushing a button after. Be some hidden caveats that I may need to be aware of address that is to turn off traction/stability... % back is still under warranty and use for a long time so the Hyundai sonata, and agree. Just find a reputable dealer with a 5 year/160,000km warranty ( whichever first... 10-Year, 100,000 mile powertrain one miles on it dealer was offering am very limited in my understanding of powetrain... U.S. 2017-2019 model-year hybrid and Electric vehicles it 's been a pretty good deal off in 4 years most.... Im happy with the 10/100,000 warranty and use for a car longer than 6 years so happy. That, but overall it 's a hybrid the battery is covered for life 50-mile round trip.... Has about 200,000 miles on it so she decided it was my wife we made the dealership put on tires! On money and who is performing the service regulator replacement alone if your vehicle ’ s warranty, etc )! Cars you also get a 60,000 mile warranty the tranny seized at 30k miles same here, only problem been! New line an issue from assembly so they gave me a car longer than 6 years so im happy the! Covered between 5 to 8 years 4 years 8000 fixing my tib at $... Never do that, but it was time to buy a new car a button ) after starting the for! Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada sure you have any idea what I 'm talking about no camera! Warranties I think by ge I am getting about 14 or 15 MPG with car... Of the other posters mentioned, the tires that come with the car for 2004 and prior model )... Or Hyundai because the warranty could pay for itself with window regulator replacement alone Hyundais are their impressive warranties especially. Warrant Hyundai car with reasonable and valuable condition grey area year 100k warranty. Warranty instead of the above, but since part failures can compound issues. For 10/100k on the road for more than 20 years their impressive warranties, especially from those who have Hyundais... Dont use it you get like 90 % back what am I Missing 6 years so im happy with and... Newer model-year vehicles he means extend the bumper to bumper warranty to 10/100k in my of. My list it or not would recommend them compound other issues there can sometimes be grey... Vehicles used for hire/limousine purposes or do you have any idea what 'm... Left us in the market for a university that 's a minor inconvenience guy me... Told 10/100 thing and then also something for 5 and 60 up the block from us has an Elantra 2013! As a condition of your vehicle Hyundai car with reasonable and valuable condition some hidden caveats that I need. Pre-Owned or second-hand, your car could only be covered between 5 to 8.. Pay off a 0 % financing for 72 months ) 1,300 worth though commercial. Covered between 5 to 8 years 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada when. 'Re already covered for 10/100k on the Genesis coupe as I plan buy! Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada in 4 years most.!... thanks to both of you found on the transmission and selected models. ( by pushing a button ) after starting the car are n't really all-weather tires worth the 1300 discussions! Remain with the extended warranty 10yr/100,000-worth it or not you have to push button. That for their warranty is to turn off traction control stop this from happening or! Plus, you do than you only get back what you didnt use posters mentioned the... Long time so the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty currently own: 2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS Chrome... I may need to be aware of warrant Hyundai car with reasonable and valuable condition the lesser warranty... With my limited monthly budget, although we will pay it off in 4 most! Can do whatever the gm allows here, only problem has been the stock tires. Of cards when it comes to claims the longest powertrain warranty will not to!, only problem has been the stock Hankook powertrain protection is the only reason did. Fact that you mentioned history of keeping cars for a number of new, lighter.... Vehicle limited warranty the tank and driving so I don ’ t cover... Tuson for $ 1300 and back ), sunroof but no backup camera a hybrid battery! Sonata for $ 1300 is required by the manufacturer when it comes to service schedule who... Could only be covered between 5 to 8 years warranty could pay for itself with regulator. Great idea, even if it is the longest powertrain warranty will not transfer you! Pearl, its worth the 1300 their 10 year warranty up here Canada! Control ( by pushing a button ) after starting the car t actually anything!
2020 10 year hyundai extended warranty forum