after only one day we were back to the same issues. These codes are vital to diagnosis. This vehicle has been serviced numerous times regarding the past two recalls. In every mode it does the same, they did a software update a few months ago, but it did not help at all. I read on the NHTSA site that my exact SUV, made the same date, Hyundai had recalled, but mine for some reason is not. The recall affects 41,000 vehicles registered in the U.S. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to accelerate while driving to the dealer. Thankfully he was able to redirect him or we would have been struck. It needs them in the right quantities and intervals, or it won’t run right. Hyundai and Kia are recalling 1.5 million cars and SUVs in the U.S. and South Korea in connection to possible engine defects that could lead vehicles to stall. This does not mimic the effects of a turbo lag. Since I was driving home and the vehicle started stalling. After the 2nd gear the transmission transitions smoothly. What will it take for you to see that this vehicle is a real danger, not only to me, but to everyone on the road!?!?!?!?!. this is not normal! Bearing failure, metal debris riding on contaminated oil, piston ring defects, siezing, knocking, crying. I have submitted complaints and claims on this vehicle more than twice now and have taken it into the dealership almost 10 times! It can really help narrow down what you need to do. They simply reply that the issue was recalled and fixed in 2016 and 2017 and that "the car is performing the way it was designed to," despite the clear and apparent design flaw! While there are a variety of reasons your Hyundai Tucson won't start, the most common 3 are a dead battery, an alternator problem, or failed starter. After the intial recall and software updates on the dct problems, the vehicles still demonstrate the same poor and defective dct performance. Recently bought 2016 Hyundai Tucson limited and the car has 29,000 miles on it. It's incredibly dangerous, especially when it happens while I am in an intersection. August 1, 2016 In addition, the rear driver side door latch was inoperable. The guy saw we had stalled and ran out and started waving something down. Rather, it feels like the vehicle isn't getting a timely delivery of gas to the engine firing mechanisms (we would liken it to a dirty fuel line or a clogged carburetor on older cars), or the dual clutch system is debating whether or not to get in gear when demanded, or whatever device that interprets driver commands (pedal pushing) to engine performance isn't responding efficiently. The likelihood of getting hit. When there's on-coming traffic and I can't move, how am I suppose to stop someone from hitting me with my baby in the backseat!?!?!? The lag is substantial, it jerks constantly, I can't accelerate when already in motion or stopped in traffic, or even moving out of a parking stall. I love this vehicle's design, features, and specs. All modern torque converters “lock”. The vehicle was not yet repaired due to the part not being available for the repair. I don't feel safe pulling out unless I have enough time for the other car to stop just in case the car does stall out. I know that this is not normal and most definitely needs to be revisited as there have obviously been enough complaints and has been an issue previously. This is very dangerous and they need to fix it. Today it happened. When I press the gas, I want to go. Remember, a vehicle needs air, fuel, and spark to run. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. If there is almost no oil left at all, the engine could be on its way to locking up. Do it! This happens erratically and at least 2x per month. it's extremely unsafe and "updates" aren't permanently fixing the issues. In August 2016 I purchased a 2016 Hyundai Tucson limited. October of 2016 NHTSA had Hyundai to issue a recall and in 2017 a computer software update. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. Maybe unknowingly, but now I have to jump through hoops and find other modes of transportation just to get to work and back. There are many other sensors that can cause your Tucson to stall. ©2020, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. The vehicle may or may not accelerate effectively or at all. Let's just hope the regional office will find a solution and pay off the rest of this car. This vehicle does not want to move. A light came on and said the transmission was overheated twice as a brand new vehicle just going 3mph. A dirty throttle body can lead to stalling in your Tucson. Please also check out the From a complete stop or a slow rolling stop,the vehicles' transmissions lag, shudder, buck, hesitate, and lurches forward shifting between the first couple of gears. The service dept told me this is how the dct works. Problem Timeline. Problem is when I put my VIN in, nothing comes up for a recall. Hyundai Tucson Stalling Problem Causes Here are some of the issues that cause the Tucson to stall out. on how to clean a throttle body. This car would be fantastic if it were not for the hazardous, defective, and dysfunctional dual clutch transmission. I don't want to worry that this might the time that the transmission doesn't quite engage in time while I'm crossing traffic and something serious/fatal happens. The manufacturer and local dealer were not notified. While accelerating, the car seems to lose power and stalls. I understand there has also been law suits for the lemon law against this vehicle but, the deep pockets of Hyundai's corporate lawyers always wins out. 20. I'm unsure how there is a 5 star safety rating on this unsafe vehicle. The contact was informed that the crankshaft position sensor needed to be replaced. Since day one, while in traffic the vehicle will begin to shudder until near stall. Remember, a vehicle needs air, fuel, and spark to run. 8L90E Specs, Performance, and Identification, TH400 Transmission Specs, ID, and Common Problems, Hyundai Tucson bad fuel injector diagnosis, Hyundai Tiburon Stalling → Causes & Diagnosis, Hyundai Veloster Stalling → Causes & Diagnosis, Chevy Impala: Brake Lights Stuck On → Diagnosis. Have you experienced an engine stall in the 2010-12 Hyundai Santa Fe? Unreliable, unsafe, unreasonable for the cost, and I'm not willing to do anything else with this vehicle. Lemon law. December 2009 in Hyundai. Once engaged, it immediately jumps out to a quick, jolting and what feels like an uncontrollable start. Also, when coasting in rush-hour, accelerating after a stop sign, the car will make jerking movements. Now the service departments and Hyundai consumer affairs are no longer acknowledging the dct defect. These constant issues I've been having have been since the date of purchase on July 8, 2016. So all of the issues I've had with this brand new car include but not limited: lack of acceleration, stalling, dual clutch transmission, air-conditioning, braking, and radio/bluetooth/cd player will not always work. Upon putting in drive, the engine revved and but did not move the vehicle. An alleged stalling defect in the gasoline direct-injection (GDI) engines found in 2011-2013 Hyundai Tucson and 2012-2016 Kia Soul vehicles that could cause the cars to burst into flames is at the center of a lawsuit filed in Washington. I have a 2016 Hyundai tuscon ltd. 1. I have a 2016 Hyundai Tucson which has a 120k on it and I thought I might have needed a tune which I got performed. Judge Finalizes Settlement for 2010-2012 Santa Fe Engine Stall Lawsuit April 3, 2017; Santa Fe Owners Are Tired of Their Engines Stalling August 12, 2014 Dealers seem to know about this issue but since the computer doesn't throw up a flag they don't do anything about it. I've spoken with Hyundai national and regional offices, Hyundai service locations, and the bbb. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. This unpredictable performance is extremly dangerous and liable to cause or continue to cause accidents. Hyundai has notified owners, and dealers will inspect for an oil pan leak, replacing it if necessary, and install an updated oil pressure switch, free of charge. She has almost hit cars in front of her since there is so much hesitation in the engine and transmission. If there is anything that you would like to add, please drop a comment. The most recently reported issues are listed below. The failure mileage was 95,000. Good luck! It has been taken to a Hyundai dealership where they told me it is a dual-transmission so I just need to be more aggressive with it when taking off from stop light/stop sign. Then I saw that there was finally a recall being issued and I thought "OH yay! The contact stated that while driving the vehicle suddenly stalled and smoke was present coming from under the hood. The failure mileage was 8,000. It refs and rpm goes up but it doesn't switch gears up or down shift either. View all 192 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2016 Hyundai Tucson on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2016 Tucson. Get reliability information for the 2016 Hyundai Tucson from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. Here are some of the issues that cause the Tucson to stall out. It only had 50 miles on the vehicle at that time. This first year of the third generation currently has 214 submitted complaints. If you don’t own/want to buy a scanner, most local parts stores will run a scan for you at no cost (they want to sell you the parts). The tachometer winds out in a manner disproportionate to the speedometer reading. CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Tucson comes with a dual-clutch, 7-speed transmission. Pretty sad to be sitting in the middle of an intersection and I can't move and other people won't move for you. 6 turbo, with a dual clutch transmission (dct). We have almost been hit several times due to this defect and my wife refuses to drive the Tucson. But Hyundai forgot to tell you about one key phrase – zero-move. I looked up what had happened and saw that there was a mass recall of my exact car model, in the exact time frame of vehicle being made. In one instance my car was in park when I stopped to take something out of my vehicle. The bulk of the vehicles -- … The fire department was called to the scene and extinguished the flames. I had taken my tuscon in 3 different times for all the same issues every time (1) delayed acceleration from a complete stop while crossing oncoming traffic with my 2 yr old son in the car (2) not accelerating at all from a complete stop but the rpm's revving high before finally jerking into gear and taking off and (3) jerking when I am in traffic and I press the gas. Hyundai Tucson Start Stall and Idle Problems. Here are some of the more common causes of an engine timing problem: Your Hyundai Tucson uses a series of complex sensors to report what is going on to the ECU. CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Tucson comes with a dual-clutch, 7-speed transmission. The vehicle stalls while, from a stop, trying to merge into traffic. As you can see above, there are many different reasons that your Tucson could be stalling. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. At its worst it seems to stall then propel forward uncontrollably. Tell us about it here. It is a known problem with consumers, dealerships' service departments, and Hyundai consumer affairs. The failure mileage was 2,000. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2016 Hyundai Tucson, Engine Clicking And Tapping Noises problems, Gas Recirculation Valve (egr Valve) problems. The vehicle was not repaired. Stop giving it a band-aid "fix" and just take this car back. Espically when attempting to time and shoot a gap in the flow of traffic. When accelerating from an idle position, car struggles to shift gears automatically. Tl the contact owns a 2016 Hyundai Tucson. it's jerky and will launch you once it finally decides to accelerate and then I'm at a standstill once more. What this locking does is provide a true mechanical connection from the engine to the wheels. Take back this awfully made vehicle! Hyundai 2.4 Engine Problems- Lawsuit Settlement Back in September 2015, Hyundai recalled over 400,000 Sonata sedans from 2011 and 2012 for faulty engine components. But it turns out that the engine has compression failure on cylinders 2 and 3. 16) the vehicle choked and sputtered and almost stalled on a small rise when traffic started moving through a just-turned green light at a very busy intersection during rush hour. the acceleration still staggers and I can't move from a stop, slow down, or when I'm already in motion on the highway, on city streets, county roads, and the interstate - not my idea of a safe car when that's why I bought it in the first place! Hyundai has refused to repair my vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. Since day one, while in traffic the vehicle will begin to shudder until near stall. The vehicle was restarted and driven to Hyundai DE mayaguez, mayag�ez, 00682, puerto rico, to be diagnosed. This safety hazard comes into play when drivers are attempting to merge onto the highway or traffic. When we finished testing the new Hyundai Tucson we were quite impressed. It’ll often throw code P0740. Common Hyundai transmission problems include: difficulty shifting gears, hesitation when accelerating, loss of power and stalling. Summary of Contents for Hyundai 2016 Tucson Page 1 S S p p e e c c i i f f i i c c a a t t i i o o n n s s All information in this Owner’s Manual is current at the time of pub- lication. All 3 times, the "repair" was explained to me as a "computer update". There are hundreds of complaints and testimonies revolving around the dct problem. Lemon law. This typically happens at stop/start intersections where the car comes to a full and complete stop. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Due to the dual clutch transmission, my vehicle shakes and stalls when trying to push on the gas and accelerate. I contacted the dealer and asked them why they never divulged this information and they said the didn't know. Bought certified 2016 Hyundai Tucson turbo ltd with eco and dual clutch transmission. I am nervous as a parent so far away. I was told by the deal that the good news is the car is supposed to act like this. If I wanted to shift, I would have bought a manual. I purchased a brand new 2016 Hyundai Tucson. Also, now given all of the issues I've been having with this brand new car, the air conditioning and brakes are fading in and out. Hyundai… The most challenging part of diagnosing a stalling problem is reproducing the conditions that led to the stall in the first place. When making a turn, usually left turn, vehicle stalls and struggles to accelerate making it very dangerous. The car has been in 3 times to note it in the file, when she gets back this may we are hoping to have it bought back for something else. Car Complaints found that 2016 is the worst model year for the Hyundai Tucson. We got the car started again and were able to get home. The failure mileage was approximately 85,000. they also suggested that I try driving it in sport mode all the time or using the manual shifter to see if that would help with the hesitation and/or stalling and jerking. Or read other owner's engine complaints for the 2010, 2011 and 2012. 38% of the time it's This is very scary when I'm driving and my SUV slows down when other cars are driving fast behind me. these instances happened this week, dating 8/17/12019 - 8/19/2019 at approx 23,000 miles on the odometer. One of the most common issues your Hyundai Tucson is likely to develop is a stalling problem. I received a letter from Hyundai regarding this recall, but the service did not help my vehicle at all. If you let off of the gas coming to a stoplight and it stalls for a second or two and recovers itself, it very well could be a dirty throttle body that is causing the problem. The contact stated that while driving at unknown speeds, the vehicle stalled without any warning. To be clear, these minor odd feelings are not what the Tucson’s DCT problems are. My son was driving and I was in front seat and daughter was in back seat, I got scared, as you can't see what coming over the hill on side we stalled (oncoming traffic). Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2016 Hyundai Tucson based on all problems reported for the 2016 Tucson. Owners report that the Tucson won’t move and that the engine revs high without forward progress. Hyundai finds new engine problem, prompting another recall Hyundai issues yet another recall to fix problems that have affected more than 6 million vehicles during the past 3 ½ years. Yesterday, (07. This eliminates some driveline power loss and improves fuel mileage. Neither has fixed the (dct) issue. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. I am typically in the middle of an intersection when lagging and no acceleration occurs, and all too often I'm already in motion on the interstate and can no longer move. I get regular maintenance and take care of this vehicle, but I can't handle the stress of driving it anymore! A dirty throttle body may not trigger the check engine light. When I hit the gas it will stall to move, it's dragging very slow. When in traffic, the stalling is even worse. When in traffic and remove my foot from the brake the car with shake as it is about to stall out and then finally kick in and start moving forward normally. So far, Hyundai has only issued a Technical Service Bulletin (number 16-01-035.) every time I submit a claim on here, no one reaches out to resolve this issue. Fuel issues are one of the most common reasons that a vehicle would stall out, that includes your Hyundai Tucson. Please make this right. they finally figured out what the problem was so I can take it in this one last time and I'll be good to go!" The vehicle (1. No acceleration from a stop, rolls back when at a stop of any incline, lunges forward after a stop since the transmission is not working properly. the dct issue seems to only affect "eco" and "regular" driving modes. Please, please have your trouble codes read if there is a check engine light on at all. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The only way to avoid this issue is to drive the vehicle in "sport mode!" It has heated seats in the front and the back which is nice for all passengers. No. I submitted a lemon law complaint through the bbb and spoke with Hyundai consumer affairs. Please help. Two times almost resulted in an accident with my children in the vehicle!! My vehicle stalls to accelerate. My daughter goes to college out of state and is always very nervous about driving her car. Unfortunately, I anticipate this issue will lead to a wreck, most likely from 1) being hit from behind as the car tries to figure out whether or not to accelerate, or 2) being t-boned at an intersection because the car won't accelerate through a rush-hour yellow light, or 3) being t-boned because my car launched (literally) out into oncoming traffic (that initially was at a safe distance away) once it got past the choke/sputter/stall point. But Hyundai forgot to tell you about one key phrase – zero-move. I called the dealership to have it looked at again, and the man stated that this is a common complaint, but the Hyundai corporation is stating that this is �normal� for dual transmissions. It was an oncoming semi. BTW my 2016 Tucson has been a dog with a dangerous transmission stall that can leave you stranded in the middle of approaching traffic. Hyundai did recall 125,000 2011-2013 Tucsons in early 2019; however, the recall was issued over a possible oil leak that could cause damage to the engine and result in a high-speed stall or car fire. I HAVE A 2016 HYUNDAI TUCSON AND EXPERIENCING TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS OF SLOW START AFTER A ROLLING KIND OF STOP/GO SITUATION.IT GOT REALLY BAD AND STARTED SCREECHING WHEN IN A STOP/GO SITUATION OR FROM A STOP. Because I can't make this car move. One downside of the car is that when accelerating from a stopped position the engine feels like it stutters. My car then died, luckily I was pulled over when I noticed the light. Hyundai has announced a recall of the 2016 Hyundai Tucson to fix a software problem that could disable acceleration. 23 problems related to car stall have been reported for the 2016 Hyundai Tucson. it stalls and the rpms and everything on the odometer drops to almost zero. It seems to be a well known issue with this vehicle and the dealer told me just learn how to drive it. So, if your stalling happens when coming to a stop, and the check engine light is on, it may be worth taking a look at it. go to web (.gov) or call 888-327-4236. This is possibly my third or fourth complaint online with this heinous vehicle. jennandal Posts: 1. Strongly suggest reporting locked door issue to NHTSA, if many of us do so hyundai may be forced to cover costs as this is a Very Dangerous issue. I shouldn't be terrified every time I get into my car to drive with my baby because I know one of these times, we will get hit. you mean to tell me that every time my car starts stalling while I am crossing oncoming traffic, potentially causing an accident that could cause my son, myself or someone else serious injury, if not death, that I need to bring it in for a "computer update"?? 99%. This is a slam-dunk safety issue, and we expect a recall will be the result. Eventually, at around 30,000 miles to as high as 40,000 miles, conventional spark plugs will wear out, which could cause stalling, starting problems and engine misfires. The contact stated that while driving, the vehicle stalled with several unknown warning lights illuminated. Hyundai needs to make this recurring and substantial issue right with this unhappy customer. I will be taking the car back to the dealer the week of July 25, 2016. A fire report was taken at the scene and the vehicle towed to the home. If your Hyundai Tucson’s engine timing is off, it’s going to stall out, misfire, and altogether not run properly. However, HYUNDAI reserves the right to make changes at any time so that our policy … Our firm, Maddox, Isaacson & Cisneros, LLP, along with co-counsel, is litigating a class action lawsuit on behalf of consumers who purchased or leased any Hyundai vehicle equipped with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, including 2016 Hyundai Veloster (Turbo), 2016-2017 Hyundai Tucson (Eco, Sport, Limited), 2017 Hyundai Sonata (Eco), and 2017 Hyundai Elantra (Eco) vehicles. The recall began August 19, 2019. The 2016 redesign leapfrogged over its rather creaky predecessor. 6 turbo) has a hesitancy to engage in acceleration relative to pressing the accelerator pedal. The auto manufacturer extended the powertrain warranty from the original-owner 10-year/100,000-mile agreement, to 120,000 miles. About a month later, we started experiencing a problem with the vehicle. I don't want to put my kids back in this car. MULTIPLE VISITS TO DEALERSHIPS AND ALL THEY CAN SAY THAT THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM WITH THIS … I cannot accelerate from a stop, when I'm in motion, or from a slow speed on any highways, interstates, city streets, etc. Without them, you are in the dark. It needs them in the right quantities and intervals, or it won’t run right. Stalls can happen at any time, and it can be incredibly jarring when it does happen. Car Stall problems of the 2016 Hyundai Tucson 20 problems related to car stall have been reported for the 2016 Hyundai Tucson. Trouble codes are always a great place to start diagnosing problems on today’s modern computer controlled vehicles. To date, there has been no recall issued over the reported oil consumption issue in 2016 Hyundai Tucson vehicles. This vehicle has a mind of its own and I can't believe that a dealership would sell a defunct car to someone. If the converter doesn’t unlock, then the engine will stall much like a manual vehicle does when it doesn’t have enough speed to carry a gear. Once in our residential neighborhood, once on a very busy 4 lane highway. Then all of a sudden, the power kicks on and causes the car to jolt. The cause of the fire was not determined. The contact owns a 2016 Hyundai Tucson. Every time it has been seen and "fixed" it comes back worse than it was before. I bought it for my son and daughter to attend high school. I've had it for 5 days. The ECU then uses this information to adjust the timing, air fuel mixture, and more. The engine loses power and I'm stepping on the accelerator while my whole vehicle shakes and maybe goes forward about two feet over 20 seconds before it will actually start moving like it should, often times leaving me in an unsafe position if this happens while making a left hand turn and gaging when I can safely proceed through oncoming traffic. When one of them goes wrong, it can lead to stalling for sure. This has happened on three occasions, when sitting idle and about to accelerate to turn into traffic, my car has stalled, shook and almost stopped. The contact owns a 2016 Hyundai tuscon. The 2016 Hyundai Tucson has a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) starting at $23,595 for a base SE. In August 2016 I purchased a 2016 Hyundai Tucson limited. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred intermittently. the date below reflects the last time I was almost hit because the car started to move and then stopped. It's like it wants to accelerate when you want it to slow down and when stopped it wants to stall. In fact, in August 2016, Hyundai issued a Technical Service Bulletin for Hyundai Tucson vehicles equipped with the 7- speed DCT and a limited recall in September 2016 for certain models of the same vehicles informing its dealers that a faulty “transmission clutch application logic can result in a delayed engagement when accelerating from a stop” or fail to accelerate at all “if the accelerator pedal … The car kept acting like it was going to stall at every stop, it kept stuttering, and when you are accelerating and take your foot off the pedal the rpms keep rising, and doesn't switch gears. After opening the hood flames were discovered coming from the engine compartment. My vehicle stalls when I hit the gas. Lack of professionalism and courtesy on Hyundai's part to retract this vehicle is astounding. The contact stated that while stationary, the vehicle stalled without warning. Updating this vehicle is not what it needs. These were just some of the most common ones. The biggest problem category overall for the Hyundai Tucson is transmission problems. Our 2005 Tucson GLS 2WD started hesitating and quit on my wife about a week ago. According to the Hyundai class action lawsuit, the vehicles affected by the alleged Hyundai engine defect include certain 2015-2016 Sonata, Tucson and Santa Fe vehicles with Theta 2.0-liter and 2.4 liter gasoline direct injection (GDI) engines. The problem with the 2016 model year Tucson has carried over to this years model. Here’s a great YouTube video from EricTheCarGuy. The contact stated that while driving, the vehicle stalled with several unknown warning lights illuminated. I've tried to pull out into traffic and had the car stall for a second before going forward. The most common problem for the 2016 Tucson is that it has no acceleration from a stopped position. The recall was for the exact things that are and did happen to us. . I just dropped $24,000 5 days ago in a car loan. This vehicle needs to be replaced completely. I can't. They are often specific enough to get you all the way to the problem, or pretty darn near. It's unsafe for anyone looking to purchase!!!! Manufacturing Problems with the Theta II Engine Cause Knocking, Seizing, and Oil Sludge Buildup The Theta II is a gasoline direct injection (GDI) engine that is well known for a lot of things and none of them are good. I'm still having the same exact issues I've had before just a month after purchasing this 2016 (brand new) car last year! I am extremely unhappy with this car, I am extremely unhappy with the dealership and their passive attitude towards this ongoing issue but most of all, I feel extremely unsafe in this vehicle and no one seems to be taking that seriously. When accelerating after stopping, the gas pedal will be pushed down but car will stall and not go. Lemon law. It’s worth a look, especially if you can’t remember the last time that you checked. The oil was changed regularly so I'm not sure what happen. Has trouble switching gears. We came to a stop so we could turn left onto an onramp on highway, (have to cross over other lane to go on on ramp), and it stuttered and stalled on opposite oncoming traffic side, before we could reach the ramp. 2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited I love the inside of the car and the radio and Bluetooth technology. Do people have to become seriously injured or perhaps dead before a recall happens? The car has had one shop visit for this issue and the dealer (werner Hyundai, tallahassee) stated they 'reset the software. "
2020 2016 hyundai tucson stalling problems