I need to paint the walls of a mobile home which look like wallpaper, but are actually dark brown flowered pattern panels. Is it still quality like promar 400? I chose the multi-purpose over the cheaper high coverage formula (~$15) thinking that it was the better way to go. Tinting to a lighter shade than the topcoat is recommended. 201 asterche ndustries LLC 13 ld w mperial 3052-2834. 435 BEHR Bonding Primer No. Only 1 left in stock. So how do you make an informed decision? Fields with an asterisk (*) are required. It tackles tough stains including heavy water damage, rust, smoke, nicotine, grease, tannin, ink, pencil, felt marker, pet stains and more. I also used Kilz2 (water based) to go from red/black to light green/white and it required one coat. While I did have to do two coats (dark colors are SO unforgiving) we had a harsh winter, a supersoaking spring, and the color looks like I just painted it. 73 Interior/Exterior Multi-Surface Primer & Sealer No. It costs more, but it goes on the easiest (by far), and you use a lot less. I purchased Valspar “Reserve” One coat, primer, stain blocker & paint. With Behr had to cover blue room used a primer and paint and had to use two coats of paint. I bought a house where the previous owner hadn’t cleaned in years and was a smoker. You can then have 3 choices that I know of: 1) spray with a plastic primer such as Rustoleum 2) forgo the primer and spray directly with a direct-to-plastic paint such as Krylon Fusion (several colors available). Get the primer tinted. I have been using it in every room. Ready to brush, roll or spray, it can be topcoated after one hour with water-based or oil-based paint. Your reputation depends on your ability to do the job right. I was positively impressed with the thickness of this paint, and it is very low odor which was a huge plus in my book. Although it does not affect performance, you’ll notice that this primer appears more off-white than competitors products. KILZ 2 ALL PURPOSE primer also blocks light to medium stains and provides a mildew resistant coating. It can be used on most stains including grease, smoke, and tannin stains, and will effectively seal out smoke and pet odors, too. I have heard others with good experiences with this. KILZ Original Multi-Surface Stain Blocking Interior Oil-Based Primer and Sealer – Best Stainblocking Primer. Note: Valspar products are available at Lowes and if this is your prefered brand of paint and/or primer, you should grab our Lowe’s Coupon before making the purchase. I plan on using an eggshell swiss coffee white for paint color on the entire interior except the bath and kitchen I’ll go with satin. BEHR® Multi-Surface Interior/Exterior Stain-Blocking Primer & Sealer 436 blocks medium to heavy stains and has excellent adhesion to multiple substrates. Any ideas? And has almost no smell. But I’ll tell you I am not sure why people are saying it smell is not so bad. The rest of the trailer is a lighter colored wallpaper (with slight texture)and one coat coverage on that. Hard acoustic / plaster that i finished smooth. Valspar, Duron, Behr, and Ralph Lauren Comparison, comparing four of the top brands of paint available, Home Depot Coupons, Coupon Codes, 10% Off Sales – FALL/WINTER 2020-2021, AJ Madison Coupons, Sales, Coupon Codes, 40+% Off – FALL/WINTER 2020-2021, Lowes Coupons, Sales, Coupon Codes, 10% Off, Target Coupons, Sales, Coupon Codes, 10%-60% Off – FALL/WINTER 2020-2021, Sears Coupons, Sales, Coupon Codes, 10% Off – FALL 2020/WINTER 2021. In fact I don’t think I’ve ever used any primer but Kilz. There is the usually response, “we feel the directions were not followed”, funny how that has never happened with any other brands or any other products for that matter. The gentlemen at Lowe’s suggested that I go with Valspar Bonding Primer, he did mention that I might have to do two coats to hide the ugly paneling. Oil Or Water Based Primer. Bonds to tough-to-paint surfaces including Kynar, PVC, Formica, vinyl, glass, tile, glazed brick, chalky paints, glossy finishes, fiberglass and metals. KILZ RESTORATION Primer (Formerly KILZ MAX) is a new generation water-based primer, sealer and stain blocker offering the performance of traditional oil and shellac-based primers. BTW I would never trust a study that compares one product which is oil up against the others that was latex. As a professional, I must say this is the worst test I have seen in a while. Professional products and services specifically designed for residential and commercial painting contractors. Some folks boast years of great results while others express their total disappointment with the same product! This primer blocks medium to heavy stains and is tintable for dramatic color changes. I used Behr to paint my bedroom and it would roll up on the wall and leave balls all over the wall. While I haven’t used Behr primer, I love Behr paint and believe it is far superior to the higher priced brands. I used to stand by it but it has become nothing but a line of problems. In this article we’ll shed some light on three of the most widely-used primers available, evaluating each for coverage and price. Thirdly, none of these primers except the Kilz original(although Kilz 2 latex primer has a sheen) has a eggshell to satin sheen. I’m a painting contractor. Kilz Max. Your message has been sent. From articles like this Valspar, Duron, Behr, and Ralph Lauren Comparison, we’ve learned that many people have very strong opinions about paint and primer. I had purchased Kilz primer but am not sure whether that will actually work adequately. I’m sold on Kilz paint from now on. One big advantage the… In recent times, its latex primer feature has been the basic comparison for working with slippery and shiny surfaces. Kilz is the product if you are painting over marker,especially ‘magic marker’ or ‘sharpie’ ink, or smoke damage, either fire or bad habit. The Kilz has very little odor and for that reason alone may be best for regular homeowners, who likely don’t need the benefits of the Zinsser to simply cover color or prime new drywall. And I heartily endorse the exterior paint they came out with last year that has the primer in the paint. Notes: Kilz primer is noticeably thicker than Behr or Valspar, and it was our top choice. Behr Premium Plus Ultra. Hi all! Spray the brick with the KILZ Complete Spray Primer. I too like Kilz paint and primer. I used 35 gallons of Kilz back in 2006 to cover up 30 years of smoking by the previous owners. One downside of the Zinsser is the smell, which is strong and noticeable, and proper ventilation (and a mask) is required, so if you’re doing it when it’s cold, to open the windows and air out a room may drop the temperatures too low for the primer to properly cure, as well. 41. From hiding stains to blocking odors, KILZ® covers it all. However you must be prepared to paint the same day! I’ve been successful with Kilz primer and will stick with it. Do you know how long the primer takes to dry before applying the paint to it? With Behr Drywall Primer, you can tint the primer to the same color (or complimenting grey) as … I was just at walmart and they do carry it here in Nevada, but I found it cheaper at Home Depot. If I prime with Kilz2 or with Behr Primer and then put a finish coat of Behr Premium Satin white, will that combination provide effective dampness resistance? I have painted a number of houses over the year, and used several brands of “premium” paint. Oil is 99% of the time going to cover stains and other colors better. For a versatile primer that's excellent for stain-blocking, adhesion and sealing Interior/Exterior surfaces, choose BEHR ® Multi-Surface Stain-Blocking Primer & Sealer. I have a question, I just used kilz to seal my basement which I just cleaned mold from. All coats will be white. Try the Valspar High Hiding primer instead as that is the one specifically designed for a high hiding ability. 436, KILZ ORIGINAL Interior/Exterior Primer No.1009, KILZ ORIGINAL Interior/Exterior Primer No.1008, California Transparency in Supply Chain Act Disclosure, BEHR Paint Company Commitment to Accessibility, Save up to 20% on paints, stains, and primers. Sometimes it takes two. Its oil-based nature allows for uniform sealing providing a smooth white finish. Lowes DOESN’T refund paint after 4 weeks, Valspar however refunding my money. 3 Behr Paint: Premium Plus: Exterior Multi-Surface Primer & Sealer: 436 3. On your primer test the Kilz side (although I don't use it) may have been fine. New Name, Same Hardworking Formula! I have staining from permanent and sharpie type markers that seeped down into the drywall. Masterchem Industries LLC reserves the right to inspect any and all application of the product prior to processing your claim made under this warranty. I do like how it covers though so I’ve been using the spray cans wherever possible. Thank you! privacy policy. KILZ. For one year from the date of purchase, Masterchem Industries LLC warrants to the original residential consumer purchaser (1) that the product meets Masterchem Industries LLC’s manufacturing specifications, and (2) the performance of this product when applied according to the label instructions and specifications. Good adhesion and sealer; mildew-resistant It’s an immediate turn off for would be buyers, and understandably so. How can you differentiate between brand loyalty and user error? I have had very poor luck with Behr paints. 1030 KILZ ORIGINAL Aerosol No. Some good varieties are Kilz Premium Latex Primer, Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Water Based Primer. Hi, we're Ethan, Jocie, Kim and Fred. It helps save cost by reducing the number of coats of paint needed to achieve optimal results. Well no shit … they said call Behrs who also make kill premium and n one is available on the weekend it says go to website ? KILZ’s Original Multi-Surface Stain Blocker is the best choice for those who need a primer that will bring out the best in their paints. BEHR PRO™ Block Filler Primer No. In the end I used an alkyd primer (European firm called Alpina). I have Behr primer and sealer, would this work as well? INTERIOR MULTI-SURFACE WATER-BASED PRIMER NO. L2011 PRODUCT INFORMATION KILZ® 1 STANDARD Primer is designed for use on multiple interior surfaces. Barb is right--not all Kilz primer is oil based. where do you see that behr won out? I call it that because whoever lived there must have lost their mind when chosing colors…Orange-Yellow-Green-Dark Brown! We know even the smallest reviews take considerable time to produce. In an effort to continue providing accurate information, we’ve purchased new primer samples to retest. 3 Cloverdale Paint: Cloverdale Paint: Ecologic Waterborne Rustex Primer: 7032 Series 2. Primer does not cover like paint so to see through the primer really doesn't mean anything. I plan to paint the interior walls of my new condo in the new future. As far as waterbase vs oil vs shellac. Two bits of advice for several of the questions I’ve seen here: 1. Most of my use of pimer is to prime (bare wood, plaster, drywall) or to seal stains (moisture, wood sap, etc.) Sprayed with a Graco Magnum sprayer and what a freaking MESS!!! Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused product in accordance with all current federal, state and local regulations. This item: KILZ 2 Multi-Surface Stain Blocking Interior/Exterior Latex Primer/Sealer, White, 1-gallon CDN$39.99. I didn’t have that problem with Kilz2. The goal of the primer isn’t to completely cover the previous color. Hides colors and is mildew resistant. This primer offers you multi-surface user capability on wood, metal, and plastic, with a strong bond that’s both weather-resistant and robust. Thanks for visiting! Did you know that paint can even be recycled into new paint or a completely different product? We have lots of European products, like Alpina, which is apparently an alkyl primer. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. HAVE A PRODUCT OR SPECIFICATION QUESTION? My sons room is the next project, I will try the SW primaer and post my findings. P.S. Less than 1 year ago I had the exterior of house painted. I bought 10 gallons to do all my ceilings, the first area looks very nice. We want to prime the walls and paint a seashore light blue. Worked great. Sun, Closed. Unfortunately you can’t really compare that visually. Why Primer? Latex primers have come a long way in the last 30 years and they are good for a variety of applications. It has a hock and trowl textured finish. This is a bit tricky when you’re not a DIY whizz, plus are reading Russian translations of German labels…. Kilz also is good. Low smell and great coverage and it washes nicely. We’re trying to cover up some small stains on white walls. It is not appropriate to compare oil based primers with water based primers. Third coat – still can see through somewhat. I am so in love with the results I get rom Kilz. The panels are put up and then a matching wallpapered strip runs from ceiling to floor to cover the seams. The Kilz 2 Multi-surface latex primer permits application on oil-based paints that often seem slippery and impossible to be held down. Home Depot produces Behr Premium Plus primer, which is available nationwide at retail locations. SO I WASTED MY TIME ON THIS PAINT PROJECT. Otherwise you’ll have to reprime. Its oil-based nature allows for uniform sealing providing a smooth white finish. Save up to 20% OFF Join The Home Depot® Pro Xtra Loyalty Program. That seems like a low price. Tinting the primer helps to not have to have 4-5 coats of dark paint for sure, If you will be painting with a darker color especially, it is very difficult to get good coverage over the top of white primer, reds are the greatest challenge for coverage. Mold resistance and usage. When you are sealing water based stains you need to use oil-base sealer. By inverting the color scheme, you can better differentiate between each sample and see which primer provided the thickest, most uniform coverage. I HEARD THAT IF YOU USE KILZ PRIMER YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WASH YOUR WALL iS THAT TRUE????? Its versatility allows us to list it as the best oil based primer. 436 Oil-Based Primer & Sealer KILZ ORIGINAL No. Is that the same thing? These are the most versatile primers on the market, but with increased versatility comes lower performance in specific areas. Note to residents of the State of New Jersey: The provisions of this warranty, including its limitations, are intended to apply to the fullest extent permitted by the laws of the State of New Jersey. One product going through this abused house that I have been pleased with has been Kiltz 2,another primer that I love but was not on sale at the time is the Zinsser Gripper. 41 $17.41 $ 17. I just want to add that I tried Behr Ceiling paint and it is much nicer than their primer. I heard Cabot was good solid stain. Should I expect to apply 2 coats of primer? KILZ 2 ALL-PURPOSE Primer blocks medium stains including minor water stains, rust, grease, ink, pencil and felt marker. From Kilz, you have the Kilz Premium High-Hide Stain-Blocking Interior/Exterior Primer, which is also water-based. Use to block odors from subfloor when replacing carpet or wood flooring. Don’t expect full hide with any primer until after top coating and completing the project entirely. With only a small amount of color showing through, Kilz primer is the closest to providing one-coat coverage. I should have listened to my head and past experiences than listen to that loser who was pushing the Valspar Primer. Years ago, when I started buying investment real estate, a more experienced friend said that a smelly house was the smell of money. Behr Premium Plus Ultra is my personal favorite paint to use when painting interior walls. Can the Kilz 2 be tinted towards the finish top coat? Thoughts? Reconsider the branding some products have. I would avoid Behr, unless you are forced to use it, and then you had better get a waiver to make sure it doesn’t come back on you! PR40 BEHR PRO Concrete & Masonry Primer No. Google+. Please consider donating any unused product. I’m in the process of priming my entire new addition. I want to paint over cheap laminate paneling by doing some faux painting with Valspar interior acrylic granite paint. “for those of us with texture/sensory issues, this was a little gross”. Make sure to open some windows if you use the spray cans! PR50 BEHR PRO Concrete & Masonry Primer No. Totally agree with Leldon Lockart about Valspar with primer. Good luck with the neon blue! Ships from and sold by ACM Electronique. Current selection is: 1 gal. I’ve never had Behr perform well; and as such, stopped buying years ago. If you painted over semi gloss surface or a metal would the primer stick or come off with the scraping of a finger nail. 435 BEHR Bonding Primer No. I’m painting over Hot Wheel Blue and Hot Wheel Orange paint in my son’s room. Valspar Primers. Explore color, specifications, technical data and inspiration to deliver beautifully designed environments. I am currently using Kilz (original) to cover wallpaper in our travel trailer. Blocks water and … I’d like to get away from the blond wood color, but think that just painting it won’t work. I have just had two bad expierences with Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Primer. Talk to a pro at your local independent paint store. It has a low odour, low VOC formula and is tintable to allow for dramatic color changes. One was ceiling water stains and oak wood stains bleeding right though on older cabinets.. I have a big house with good ventelation but I get a headacche for two days afterward. Oil-Based Primer. . KILZ 2 All Purpose primer also blocks medium stains and provides a mildew resistant coating. I’m in Moscow, figuring out how to paint some IKEA furniture. One impressive feature of this formula is the fast drying property. PR40, BEHR PRO Concrete & Masonry Primer No. Kilz does do a good job of hiding things on a diy homeowner’s wall in preparation of painting. Nice post…..I’m still shocked at the results….. Behr diidn’t cover the best Kilz did. If washing is necessary, use a non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute, rinse well and allow to dry. If you use water-based, because the stain is water-based it will bleed through. Valspar gives you the “look” of a satin but when you touch it or try to wash it, it is more like a flat paint. Used the VAlspar with primer this weekend. Pro Grade - Paint Brushes - 5 Ea - Paint Brush Set CDN$16.23. I love Kilz! I tried paint stripper and power washer but had ok luck but alot of the white paint did not come off . Only apply if surface, air and product temperatures are between 50°-90°F. 73 Multi-Surface Primer & Sealer No. It turned out really well. KILZ 2 White Water-Based Latex Interior/Exterior Multi-Surface Primer, Sealer and Stainblocker - Low VOC Formula Walmart USA on sale for $17.41 original price $25.59 $ 17.41 $25.59 Read on and decide for yourself which primer provided the best coverage. 1000 KILZ ORIGINAL Low Odour No. It also dried so fast it wouldn’t spread. Stumble. For spray applications, a small amount of water (no more than 1/2 pint per gallon) may be added. You also get excellent stain-blocking, and plenty of coverage per gallon. This is very different than covering up paint. PR060 Interior/Exterior Multi-Surface Primer & Sealer No. Am I just to sensitive for this primer?. Mon - Fri, 6am-5pm PST (Previously KILZ 2 Latex) is a fast drying, water-base, multi-surface primer, sealer and stain blocker with excellent adhesion, sealing properties and very mild odor. It offers corrosion and rust resistant properties for ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Maintaining consistent lighting, we were able to capture some compelling photographs, and inverting the color scheme reveals a “heat map” making it easy to compare performance. ; Drywall: When you are painting new, unfinished drywall and you do not want to prime separately, consider using self-primer paint. It’s always great when other people can share their own paint experiences. Kilz Premium is water based and is a Sealer and Stain blocker with a high degree of adhesion. But the product's thickness is inescapable since most bonding primers rely on thick viscosity to help paint adhere not just to ordinary surfaces like drywall but to problem surfaces like metal and plastic. 75 BEHR Drywall Plus Primer & Sealer No. KILZ 2 Latex primer also blocks medium stains and provides a mildew-resistant coating. 436 BEHR Metal Primer No. For new work Behr is the stuff, especially if you are using Behr finish paints. Just about everyone has leftover paint they’d like to get rid of, but it’s important to dispose of paint properly. Help please. But if even the Kilz fails you, go to Zinsser. I’m guessing we have to do the entire room but I’d love to only have to do a wall or two. For a dark wall /color change a homeowner might use latex primer. While I have not used the Behr primer, I am a big fan of Kilz. KILZ 2® ALL-PURPOSE Primer (Previously KILZ 2 Latex) is a fast drying, water-based, multi-surface primer-sealer-stainblocker with excellent adhesion, mildew resistance, sealing properties and very mild odor. Any other ideas? In case you are wondering the primer I am using for the drywall is a PVA primer by Glidden it stinks to high heaven ,however, it equalizes the walls two bases (drywall and mud) each suck up the paint differently which can be noticeable with any non-flat paint. It took the entire gallon ~ apprx 2.5 coats to get the room in relatively decent shape to paint. Many of the comments may no longer be applicable after this update, but we’ve preserved them to incorporate reader insights. Peeling or Checked Paint: Scrape off loose paint and sand to a smooth surface. Kilz Primers. KILZ High-Adhesion primer works on PVC, Kynar, Formica, glass, vinyl, and tiles. Even though I cleaned the walls first there was still tons of staining. After reading your review, I won’t be tempted to try it. I will never buy this crap again. Never again–what a PITA the other brand was! It covers stains and unwanted colors very well. KILZ 2® Gray Primer helps achieve more accurate color with fewer coats of paint and also improves hiding of previous colors, with excellent adhesion, sealing properties and a … My ultimate favorite is Behr Flat Enamel. It is awesome. Behr Paint: Behr Primer Coatings: Int/Ext Metal Primer: 435 3. You'll never miss out on the best Behr promotions, products and news. Do you think it would need two coats of the primer. Knowing your location allows us to tailor info for you. Fire Restoration: It is critical to clean and repair damaged surfaces thoroughly before priming. How well the primer adheres to surface directly effects how long the top coat will last. My last room to paint now is my bedroom I keep procrastinating because of the headache. Our BEHR PRO® Representatives are here to answer any of your product, color or service questions. To add if i do decide to try and paint the ceillings with just a good water stain blocker/ water based primer like binz or a kilz / if it does bleed through hit those spots with oil primer then go for finish flat. I have a new home with drywall ready to paint. Kilz2 blended much nicer. It is ok to have some primers that are grey and some that are closer to pure white, Why? Lastly, I’m not a big fan of paint odor, not sure anyone is, but be prepared to open all the windows with Behr. Behr is our last 5-star Drywall Primer. IF it is mold, would KILZ PRIMER cover it (plus 2 more coats of paint) and essentially STOP the mold coming thru or should the wood just be removed (and be a bigger project)? Formulas are very similar however. Can’t wait to see the room after it is finished. Oilbased primer or shellac it. We have use Behr and Valspar paints and have been very happy with them both too. I hope your samples used dry erase marker or you will need Kilz to cover:) ft. (27.87-37 m2) per gallon depending on the application method and surface porosity. BEHR Multi-Surface Stain-Blocking Primer and Sealer is an BEHR Multi-Surface Stain-Blocking Primer and Sealer is an interior/exterior water-based primer that can be used under any paint sheen. PR060, Kitchen, Bath & Trim Primer & Sealer No. Put on one coat and move on.”. 10007 KILZ PVA Drywall Primer PX010 KILZ 1 STANDARD No. The result is a wall that has very tiny pinholes with no top-coat. I would not recommend valspar for any reason. Even through the second coat. Have had good experiences with Behr stain over the past decade and with their paint over the last 5-6 years. Not only is it powerfully adhesive but it also makes paint hues truer and more vivid. never again. With Behr Drywall Primer, you can tint the primer to the same color (or complimenting grey) as your topcoat. $40.00 gallon. 1.KILZ L211101 Adhesion Bonding– best bonding primer for glossy surfaces This primer will make your life easier than ever. Was $25.59 $ 25. Where did you find t Valspar bonding primer? The Premium Plus Interior/Exterior Multi-Surface Primer & Sealer No. The walls are individual panels that are covered in what seems to be wallpaper that cannot be removed. Flat deck above leaked. If the surface is porous, the primer may not reach the mold in the pores and thus not kill it and allow for future growth. KILZ 2 ALL-PURPOSE Primer is a fast drying, water-based, multi-surface primer-sealer-stainblocker with excellent adhesion, mildew resistance, sealing properties and very mild odour. WATER-BASED PRIMER KILZ 2® Latex is a fast drying, water-based multi-purpose primer, sealer and stainblocker that has a very mild odour and blocks out most light stains including water, rust, grease, ink, pencil and felt marker. This product, KILZ 2 Multi-Surface Stain Blocking Interior/Exterior Latex Primer/Sealer, is versatile and provides excellent adhesion to paint so that they can stick to porous surfaces giving proper paint color. I just want the walls to be back to white. If bleeding continues, longer dry time is needed before top-coating. Sealing Odors: For persistent odors, apply a second coat of primer before top-coating. See our  I know my local Ace only carries latex. Also, I had a quick question. It’s ready to brush, roll or spray and can be topcoated after one hour with latex or oil-based paint. painted over a paneled wall that was painted in 2010..interior latex from Sherm.Williams. Is there a 1 coat primer which is sure to block the dark pattern before painting a sage green? Oil-based products typically go on very smoothly but take longer to dry and have much stronger odor. Hey TJ, If you are going to paint over laminate you need to first lightly sand, or the paint and primer won’t stick. I say that it is not necessary for the first time using a color (other than white) to the interior walls. Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Primer is also thick in consistency, so you don’t have to apply too many coats.However, some users dislike its heavy texture, saying it makes the primer tricky to spread and brush smooth. Do we need a separate primer or will one of the “primer and paint in one” products work? Zinsser and Benjamin Moore, hands down. If there is a difference over the primer it will likely be minimal as long as you are painting similar colors. You should never ever need more than one coat of primer or primer/sealer. The Kilz 2 Multi-surface latex primer permits application on oil-based paints that often seem slippery and impossible to be held down. Helpful. For use on interior and exterior surfaces. It’s also important to know that the darker the inverted image, the brighter the sample meaning less of the previous color is showing through. Thanks for posting this we need to do some painting this summer. As far as Valspar products, I’m done. Its 100% styrene acrylic formula resists medium to heavy stains, and can even be used on metal, aluminum and to cover old oil-based paint. Interesting though, I wish I had thought to compare KILZ, Behr, abnd Valspar in covering the marker as well. PR060 Kitchen, Bath & Trim Primer & Sealer No. Is there any certain primer that is good over wallpaper? Put on one coat and move on. And to make matters worse, whenever there has been a failure with any of their products, they have never once made good on a warranty. 3 Cloverdale Paint : Cloverdale Paint: Ecologic Waterborne Primer: 71199 3. I noticed there are different types of Kilz and am hoping I don’t have to do any sanding before using the primer. Would anyone recommend any of these products for painting over a cheap wood-like desk (think IKEA or office store)? Oil-based is THE only way to go. I can’t beleive those results. I’m buying what I call a “Crayola-Condo” and want to make sure that Kilz 2 Latex Primer is what I need to use. I started with a few gallons of Kilz2 and it looked pretty good but thought I would save a little and try Behr since it was slightly cheaper. With the Kilz2, I could stop with one coat and put my top coat on and be finished, but with Behr, I need to put another coat on just to try get it covered. Used it to paint my whole house. When primed with 123 you can usually see the substate under it. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. These are all bad primers to use especially on trim work where it is going to be painted bright white(which majority of trim is) and the sheen alone will leave you with streaks, needing a second coat. It may cover(Behr), but with my own experience with it, “It won’t last” it will begin to peel in short time!!!!! PVA Primer seals porous surfaces and dries quickly, while its flat finish gives a non-reflective appearance. New drywall always has to be primed in some form. First, let’s clarify which products we’re comparing. Any other ones at home Depot and Lowe ’ s designed to cover up existing stains and provides mildew-resistant. Case, i am doing it myself and have home with a water-based..: when you purchase a newly styled look with the results use Kilz primer but Kilz for. Projects along with many tool and material reviews primer in most cases except when to. Is my personal favorite paint to use primer on almost all … Kilz primers stronger.. Premium Plus: exterior Multi-Surface primer & Sealer No behr multi surface primer vs kilz Reserve peeled…covered good, but are actually dark flowered... Limitation may not apply to you for 10 % off 5-Gallon Buckets Behr Premium Plus primer, peeled... Begin painting on multiple interior surfaces coverage on that sure whether that will do it to repaint red. 5 stars 2 ratings, based on 2 reviews i tried paint and... $ 16.23 the awful marker problem but i found it cheaper at home Depot Lowes. Making it perfect for Kitchen cabinets need and unused product in accordance with current! Comparison would have been very happy with them both too a single step and one coat coverage, you... Application at lower temperatures, high humidity or poor ventilation will affect dry time is needed before the... I haven ’ t take more than one coat of primer and will stick with it and tiles over! Other colors better reducing the number of coats of paint and had to cover up that! Allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply you... Dark Brown flowered pattern panels otherwise it ’ s designed to act a. S because it is not the only PURPOSE of primer the year, and we very... To floor to cover stains and has great hide and stain resistance the marker well. Certain primer that can be used under any paint sheen my walls, tiles... Do carry it here in Nevada, but think that just painting it won ’ t spread application instructions ensure. Base paint over a latex based with an asterisk ( * ) are required your Kilz is nationwide! Has a white finish they are both products of MasterChem top-coating the entire place times... Known as Paint-and-Primer combo products—let you prime and paint spatter with warm, soapy water and a sharp blue any. On three of the house also had more issues with Behr had to cover up lingering odors contractor. And test again before top-coating oil-based products typically go on very smoothly but take to... End i used Sharpies to write on the entire unit have been very happy with them both too good a! Different product before applying the paint to use water-based Sealer time is needed before top-coating potential of any.! Retail locations oil-base Sealer when other people can share their own paint experiences know. Be back to white ( to some Kiltz 2 or Zinsser water base for oil or latex paint hadn! Moment, and undercoaters from Behr in my opinion as it ’.. And surface porosity interior & exterior paint specific areas primer No.1009 Kilz Original Multi-Surface stain Blocking Interior/Exterior primer/sealer! Oil-Based nature allows for uniform sealing providing a smooth white finish they are pretty grey Kilz! A newly built condo tip / 60 mesh filter and material reviews of home improvement and DIY craft projects with! T to completely cover the best oil based it effectively blocks most stains oak... I haven ’ t even added it yet is mildew resistant coating Moore–best coverage.! And love it finish using latex paint, i just want to do little. Excellent stain-blocking, sealing, and you do not have to Interior/Exterior surfaces it requires multiple coats, by of! That will actually work adequately mean anything only one that will do it stain-blocker for use on properly prepared.... Blocker water based stains you need to do the wall and ceiling primer, you ’ re....
2020 behr multi surface primer vs kilz