Also known as dwarf morning glory, the blue daze plant (Evolvulus glomeratus) is a perennial native to Brazil. Sign up for a free trial and get access to ALL our regional content, plus the rest This heat-tolerant beauty makes a stunning addition to containers beds alike, and it’s so polite that it doesn’t even need deadheading. One of our favorite blooms for cool season gardens! Of the 280,000 flowering plants on earth, only 10 percent of them are blue. You must be a magazine subscriber to access this feature. Here we have a dwarf herbaceous perennial which flowers its head off. Deadheading not necessary. It grows at a fast rate, and tends to be biennial, meaning that it puts on vegetative growth the first year, flowers the second, and then dies.This plant does best in full sun to partial shade. It’s a great plant to grow in both containers and gardens. Here we have a dwarf herbaceous perennial which flowers its head off. The flowers are a brighter blue and blooms longer. Home > Plants > Perennials > Blue My Mind. You get the idea. It is somewhat tolerant of urban pollution. of the member-only content library. Delicate, petite blue flowers cover these grey-foliage plants for months on end. These small blue flowers appear in late summer and contrast beautifully against the silver-grey spikes which form the body of the plant. The silvery green foliage compliments the deep blue flowers well. It does prefer good drainage, but doesn't need fertile soil. RHS Plant Finder 2019. This award-winner is extremely heat tolerant and does not require deadheading. However, Evolvulus glomeratus "Blue Daze" is aptly named: The low-growing, herbaceous perennial features true-blue flowers that stand out against the attractive, olive-green leaves. Good for pot or landscape. Because of its spreading habit of growth, it is ideally suited for use as a 'spiller' in the 'spiller-thriller-filler' container combination; plant it near the edges where it can spill gracefully over the pot. Its attractive oval leaves emerge silver in spring, turning grayish green in color throughout the season. This product is currently out of stock and unavailable. They’re best in full sun and well-drained soil. Blue My Mind evolvulus This is an evergreen herbaceous perennial in the warmest parts of our region. In my mind, the plant went from this little twiggy thing to this incredibly, well-branched puff-ball bristling with blue to purple blossoms. Blue My Mind can be used as a container, groundcover and for landscape. Paint your garden beds or containers with the lovely blue blooms of evolvulus. Full sun Once established, water occasionally; more in extreme heat or containers.Dimensions: 24"W x 10"H * Delivery available in Orange County, CA only. If you want ‘True’ blue flowers than gentian is a perfect choice for you. Noteworthy CharacteristicsHeat-tolerant, no deadheading required. The bright blue of the Evolvulus flowers make a statement in frost free gardens around the world growing in warmer parts of Mediterranean gardens through the sub-tropics and tropical regions. Plant Width: 1 to 3 … Made from the highest quality Ingredients. The bright blue of the Evolvulus flowers make a statement in frost free gardens around the world growing in warmer parts of Mediterranean gardens through the sub-tropics and tropical regions. Blue My Mind Morning Glory will grow to be about 12 inches tall at maturity, with a spread of 24 inches. Please contact your local store for product availability.Find a garden center near you. Where it is not reliably perennial, it serves well as a summer annual that produces large numbers of true blue flowers throughout the growing season. These 12 suggested perennial plants will help transform your shaded spot from a problem area to a location you are proud of. Its foliage tends to remain dense right to the ground, not requiring facer plants in front. 'Blue My Mind' Blue Daze is an improved variety of Blue Daze. It will perform best in full sun and needs to be protected from even light frost. Celebrate the Holidays with Décor from Calloway's and Cornelius Nursery. I know it only seemed like it happened overnight, but it looked great really fast and stayed that way all summer. Blue My Mind from Proven Winners has true blue flowers and fuzzy, silvery-green foliage. BLUE MY MIND® is a great annual for containers or landscape use. Its foliage tends to remain dense right to the ground, not requiring facer plants in front. As an annual in containers, it is often hung over the edge of baskets; as a perennial groundcover, it spreads over stone walls or flower beds.
2020 blue my mind plant perennial