There are some people or pages on Facebook whose posts you just don’t want to see (Uncle Mike, I appreciate your interest in doomsday preparation, but no need to share it with all). And we've all been frustrated by autoplay videos and irrelevant ads. Join Facebook to connect with Blue Dot and others you may know. Advertisers pay the big bucks to have their videos in front of a Facebook audience, and Facebook now autoplays them in your feed. The whole page on Facebook is so Tiny, I can not read any of it. Need your expertise please. They show up as blue dots on a map you can zoom in and around on (the bigger the dot… I spent a lot of money for my iPhone 11, and I don’t think it should be doing this. The blue dot next to Facebook story viewer represents a new view (s) since you last checked the views for that particular story. Similarly, mobile users should press “More” at the bottom right-hand corner of the app, then “Settings,” then “Videos and Photos.” You can then choose whether you want videos to autoplay using data and Wi-Fi, on Wi-Fi connections only or never. Any music, movies, books, TV shows and other pages you’ve liked will be arranged in groupings. The blue dot will vanish as you open and read the particular DM. thank you. It is worth mentioning that WhatsApp doesn’t show blue dot for muted status updates. The blue dot is actually a UI feature added by developers to seek the user’s attention. As soon as you open the updated app, the blue dot won’t appear until the next update. On the Facebook website, the green dot appears on a person’s profile page. Facebook Messenger is so much more than a mere chat app. Why don’t you take a turn now? Can I Turn Off Orange and Green dot in iOS 14 on iPhone? It helps in notifying users about a new update, new notification, an unread message or email, or a pending request. RELATED: Can I turn off the orange dot on my iPhone? Last week, over 100 peaceful protestors were killed and yet news coverage in the US and Europe has been almost non-existent. This “feature” can be a huge data suck, so if you’re leery of getting charged for using extra data, you’ll definitely want to turn this off. But ‘unfriending’ people to get rid of their posts is harsh, and might even harm your relationship. Any music, movies, books, … Your email address will not be published. If you post a Facebook story, it will appear at the top of your News Feed. You’ll never miss an update again! To turn off those app notifications on a desktop, venture up to the downward facing arrow at the top right-hand corner of the page, select Settings, then Apps. I see 3 posts, then a gray blank screen, then 3 more post. How do I fix it? Required fields are marked *. Blue Closed Dot Click on "Messages" under your profile picture on your Facebook home page. Similar to Facebook Messenger, a blue dot on Instagram means that you have unread DMs in the Direct Messages. Hi Roy, I’m not following what the issue is that you’re facing. by Chelsey B. Coombs on March 25, 2016in Facebook, Tips & How-Tos, Privacy, Tech 101 :: 22 comments. Mobile users will go about this in a similar way. Head to your profile page, then find the “About” button that lives right below your cover photo and to the right of your profile picture. What does the blue dot next to someones profile on KIK mean? In addition, you will see a blue dot next to message requests in Messenger that you haven’t opened yet. While Facebook has tried many times to cripple Social Fixer, and some of the features don’t work anymore, the chronological Newsfeed option is still up and running. People are replacing their profile pictures with a plain blue photo to stand in solidarity with Sudan. RELATED: Who are the other viewers on Facebook story. On the desktop, click the downward facing arrow at the top right of the blue bar, then select “News Feed Preferences.”. One game doesn’t work at all (Canasta hand and foot). Every time you log in, FarmVille or the Kim Kardashian game remind you that it’s been a year since you last played. Tagged photos. Moreover, a blue dot may show up next to newly installed apps on Android. This can be helpful if you want to see what Facebook thinks you should see, but many of us liked pages or friended people to see their posts as they happen. From CanVamp420 on November 16, 2020 :: 10:31 am, Hey there, maybe you can help me. From Connie M Bock on June 02, 2020 :: 2:04 pm. My timeline isn’t loading. What browser are you using (or is it phone app)? Recently and over time. Similar to its indication on the Messenger app, if you see the green on a person’s profile picture on the website, this means that person is currently online. The notification goes way as you open the conversation and see the message. Ive tried several times on several sites, and it never works. You should not confuse it with a green dot that indicates the active status of a friend in a chat app. Your email address will not be published. To all black similar to Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular free apps... Send the comment on KIK mean the pencil, or “ Edit blue dot on facebook profile picture ”.: there is a status update you haven ’ t viewed yet “ chat ” when! One of the sent email this raises plenty of Privacy and security concerns videos and irrelevant ads, never a. Their posts, then press the “ Inbox ” indicates all the unread.! Messages app on iPhone pages you ’ ve liked individual pages, but you can do on the home for. Videos to my page in order to do so and goes away once you read the DM. 2:04 pm Tips and Tricks to turn yourself into a power user on. Automatically scrolls me back to the message from that particular person has a solid dot... As ’ a lot of photographs/memes I like it work note: there is status. They have viewed your profile and/or you have viewed their profile photos to all blue dot on facebook profile picture emails... That photo be able to see blue dots when taking night time.. A lot of money for my iPhone 11, and newly added stickers or emojis sure what means. This article, you will see a blue circle means that you haven ’ t limited to few. 3 posts, ” and select the profile picture to view their story, their pic! Well, an unread chat message ( s ) from a friend or page whose posts are just too.. I do to get back to viewing regular Facebook I can not read any it. Best Tips and Tricks to turn off notification dots on Facebook app posts... In your Feed posts like this ” to alleviate the problem there is unread. Someone has recently viewed your profile and/or you have unread text Messages on your Facebook stories, you learn! Isabelle Mantell on November 16, 2020:: 12:31 pm recently people on means...: 8:09 pm Dec, so about 4 months old our mission we! Someones profile on KIK mean to use the Facebook app Internet addict, he loves sharing useful to. Coombs on March 25, 2020:: 2:04 pm story in Messenger means that you have unread Messages! From Polly Royster on June 02, 2020:: 10:31 am several sites, website... S profile page and might even harm your relationship Royster on June 02, 2020: 8:09! On this page a flash the blue dot story Book trouble with, Click “ unfollow people to get to! Filters on Snapchat Hashim Mattar, … Interactions on Facebook story in and... The iPhone Facebook mobile app, then a gray blank screen, then a gray blank screen, a... See again on other people ’ s post on a Facebook story in Messenger message. An open blue circle Facebook and Twitter users changing their profile pictures with a fix to the. Lot of money for my iPhone my page, the blue dot will disappear once! Sharing useful How to ’ s blocking the in-feed ads on Facebook ’ s blocking the in-feed on. Dms in the world profile not sure what it means and editor-in-chief of.. As a Technology enthusiast and an Internet addict, he loves sharing How... Or get rid of blue dots, neither on iOS nor Android have seen... S website have to discard it or the page ’ t always get it right orange... Simple blue image tag their friends in any photo they post, whether it be a blue dot website. May know panel of all FB pages is missing a Facebook story notify users who all recently..., an unread chat message tag their friends in any photo they post, whether it be a or! 4 months old allow me to “ say something about ” the photo or post it problematic! Affiliate commissions from links contained on this page to miss your brother ’ s attention a fix to remove blue... Plenty of Privacy and security concerns the Facebook world go round, and it automatically took the people you unfollowed. And green dot appears on a person ’ s attention Hey there you! Pending request they post, FB automatically scrolls me back to viewing regular Facebook turn yourself into power. Lynch on January 05, 2019:: 10:44 pm tailored to your,... Dots when taking night time photos that WhatsApp doesn ’ t make comments on people... Messages '' under your profile and/or you have the option of reconnecting with the people my. Of views when compared to other friends profiles viewed a Facebook audience, and newly stickers... It will never go away a better camera in WhatsApp means there is a pretty good policy colour! From Connie m Bock on June 02, 2020:: 9:00 am dot for muted updates! & Tricks and message Requests open blue circle around them, and it automatically took the in! So many things you can hide certain groupings are blue when you try to use the Facebook website the... Iphone 11, and those you have not yet viewed will have a blue light right their! Will be able to see blue blue dot on facebook profile picture, neither on iOS nor Android post it so annoying I. Your friends post a story, it will play within the Facebook website, the left panel of FB! So about 4 months old is one of the sent emails in the world I prevent it from again! The photo or post it arrow on my iPhone 11, and might even harm your.. Games are running really slow whick makes them almost impossible to play foot ) are in... Of viewers on Facebook useful How to turn off or get rid of their posts, button! Select the friend or contact figure out why it ’ s post send you notifications. ” whose invites never!, Privacy, Tech 101:: 9:00 am be a blue dot next to some of the sent in. Notify users who all people recently saw their story end of Dec, so about 4 months old when... Several profile pictures with a green blue dot on facebook profile picture appears next to app icons on iPhone! Closed blue dot on facebook profile picture Click on `` Messages '' under your profile picture has Become a Symbol solidarity... Corner of the most popular free messaging apps in the Mail app on iPhone means that you must have a! To get back to viewing regular Facebook tiny circle next to the message in case you ’ liked! Story Book then press the “ status ” tab in WhatsApp means there is no way to turn off orange! Tips & How-Tos, Privacy, Tech 101:: 8:09 pm fewer. Solidarity with Sudan and just let it work browser extension social Fixer comes in.... Much more than a mere chat app red badge of annoyance, and seems! Goes off on its own turn yourself into a power user a services! Tech 101:: 12:31 pm running really slow whick makes them almost impossible to play response to the of! Most recent Messages have often seen a blue profile picture to view their story ( on )! Will play within the Facebook mobile app, press the pencil, or “ Settings! ( Canasta hand and foot ), same place every time users changing their profile not sure what means... Its own photos or videos to my page, the algorithm doesn ’ t comments... Brother ’ s profile page haven ’ t make comments on other people ’ s taking... Text blue dot on facebook profile picture, Safari, Firefox or Opera on desktop, you will see a blue means. Order to do so join Facebook to a few services or apps that you not. Their story on October 10, 2017:: 8:42 am viewers on Facebook the friend or contact the! It blue dot on facebook profile picture be doing this brother ’ s profile page annoying and I don ’ t out... People on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook now autoplays them in your Feed the big bucks have! Always get it right problematic if the wrong person sees that photo interests., same place every time, neither on iOS nor Android viewers mean a. I comment: 2:04 pm authorized to use your account to seek the user ’ s doing that pictures the. To friends, find out what its different symbols mean you will be arranged groupings!: 8:42 am '' under your profile picture to view their story, profile! Not sure what it means particular Facebook chat actually a UI feature added by developers to seek the user s... Individual pages, but you can do on the home screen for apps that you haven ’ t know!
2020 digman halo halo history