A Great Breakfast Stop on a Rainy Saturday. They are … Personally I tried the blueberry pancakes and the strawberry milkshake. I strongly recommend stopping if you have the chance. Little Caesars. This diner was on the same street as our hotel but walking here took 20 minutes instead of 12 as per Google map. Although I did not have the yogurt breakfast parfait, it looked great. So much poutine and food included. One of us ordered homemade mac and cheese, it was overcooked, bland and soggy. That's why we provide parking spaces on site. Order food delivery and take out online from Elgin Street Diner (374 Elgin Street). Best of. Although I did not have the yogurt breakfast parfait, it looked great. Waffle with fruit also very good. Staying up the street at the Lord Elgin so it was nice and close. Cindy’s Elgin Street Diner – Menu The Sydenham Current is an online newspaper serving the communities of Wallaceburg, Dresden, Walpole Island, Mitchell's Bay, Chatham-Kent & St. Clair Township. We chose a regular breakfast special (2 eggs, 1 meat, potatoes, baked beans and toast) plus an eggs Benedict. Reviews of vegan-friendly restaurant Elgin Street Diner in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada 'Admittedly I was surprised to see this restaurant listed, as it really is a traditional diner, not somewhere any of us would seek out. Well … The Big Breakfast was decent, potatoes had no flavour. Perfect! Despite the steady rain, the walk was part of the plan, including a three year old. Slowly built by hand, using recycled and second hand where possible. Very clean, and friendly. Browse their menu and store hours. My husband said his cheeseburger was alright. Delivery & Pickup Options - 198 reviews of Elgin Street Diner "The Elgin Street Diner is an absolute institution in the National Capital area. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? Very disappointing and I won't be back. Will return, again we enjoyed it. Elgin Street Diner Pictures, Elgin Street Diner Photos. Article content. Elgin Street Diner - Ottawa - phone number, website, address & opening hours - ON - American Restaurants, Restaurants, Burger Restaurants. Whether for breakfast, casual lunch and dinner, or late-night dining, the Diner has become THE place in Ottawa. Sushi Korean Vegetarian Asian Fusion. Reviews for Elgin Street Diner. Again, their service was awesome, vibe was completely positive...food just didn't meet our expectations.More, Went here for brunch and got the eggs benedict. Why give someone such a huge portion which will go to waste? I guess the point of this review is to let people know that sometimes things are not what you hoped they would be. Known for A variety of poutines. 374, Elgin St. Golden Triangle Centretown/Downtown Elgin Street. Known for A variety of poutines. Open 24/7, this place is busy all times of the day and night and is popular amongst all sorts of different crowds. Elgin Street Diner, Schwartzs Deli, Mrs. Riches Restaurant. Explore reviews, photos & menus and find the perfect spot for any occasion. One of us ordered homemade mac and cheese, it was overcooked, bland and soggy. Our coffee was refilled a couple times during our breakfast stop. But ordering what they are known for and feeling let down just didn't sit right with me. Photos of Elgin Street Diner, Centretown, Ottawa. Reviews (613) 237-9700 Website. I learned how to be a fast, effective worker, while dealing with hungover/drunk consumers and large family groups all at the same time. This is a great place for a family style diner meal, we loved it!More, Let me start by saying customer service was great and the restaurant had a great vibe, was clean and super comfy. Maybe I should have ordered the salad instead of the fries but the meal was already a bit pricey. Bring your whole brood to this restaurant, where families can dig in to tasty and kid-friendly fare together.You can call it in, then carry it out.At Elgin Street Diner, service is a priority. The food was really great, the servers were fast and efficient, the coffee was nice and hot. It was a bit pricy but for the amount and quality of the food that can be expected. You will be offered delicious wine, liqueur or beer. We have listened to the building and in one sense 5th Street already existed, our job … My bacon club was adequate. I enjoyed my meal here and would love to return to try more the next time I am in Ottawa.More, I visited the diner to get a takeout dinner and ordered the Southwest Burger. Nom nom nom! Recent Locations; The Elgin Street Diner became an Ottawa institution upon first opening its doors more than 22 years ago. Had the Eggs Bene with pesto hollandaise sauce -- very tasty. Your best bet is to shoot them an email; Tripadvisor doesn't allow email addresses in this answer box but it is listed on their website. Presented by. 11/10/2020 - MenuPix User. You will leave full and happy and not a care in the world about parking. Open 24/7. Tripadvisor gives a Travelers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor. I had to buy one as a souvenir ($15). Everyone tried something different, and everyone enjoyed their meal. Ok. May want to try something else instead. Elgin Street Diner 374 Elgin St Ottawa ON K2P 1N1. Stop by Elgin Street Diner if you’re looking for something fast, easy and delicious. The food on offer is outlined in a menu, and...also on chalk boards on the wall. Two of us ordered the smoked meat hash with eggs and toast and of course Hollandaise sauce. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. 5th Street is a bespoke restaurant. 361, Elgin St. Golden Triangle Elgin Street Centretown/Downtown. 07/26/2020 - MenuPix User. Parking is hard to find, but not too much of an issue after...all it is right in the city.More. Lots of good seating. Again, their service was awesome, vibe was completely positive...food just didn't meet our expectations. Brunch: love the breakfast! WE RECOMMEND. SHARE OTTAWA -- With Canadians staying home and ordering in during the COVID-19 pandemic, apps like … It comes with home fries, but their idea of home fries is actually mashed potatoes. The Elgin Street Diner is a 24/7 restaurant located right in downtown Ottawa and it is pretty much always busy. VIEW BLOG. 374 Elgin Street. 12/27/2017 - Ron Absolutely disgusting. Quaint little place on Elgin St. The place was busy on a Sunday morning. Cost CA$40 for two people (approx.) The Elgin is a bar and restaurant serving upscale tavern fare situated just south of Rockefeller Center and steps from Broadway shows and Times Square. My bacon club was adequate. Elgin Street Diner. ! Elgin Street is one of Ottawa's most frequented. We were immediately seated and four adults quickly received very hot coffee in distinctive Elgin Street Diner mugs as well as ice water. Cost CA$40 for two … Never have been super flavourful/special but last time we went, the “homefries” at breakfast were just a square of mashed potatoes.... very disappointing. Whether it be by foot, car, bike or bus, Elgin is usually busy. The staff wear Elgin diner t-shirts that have funny sayings the owner coined. This is a vibrant and popular all-night eatery, with a big selection of breakfasts. Sorry! Sponsored . Sorry! was recommended...it was alright and we have had better. Page 1 of 1. The newspaper is owned by Glassroots Media. They weren't good either, so that was disappointing. Reasonable prices and friendly staff. Delivery now available! Serves Diner. Two of us ordered the smoked meat hash with eggs and toast and of course Hollandaise sauce. Open 24 hours, it's famous for its chilli laden poutine and humongous Hangover Blue Plate Special. Parcourez leur menu et leurs heures d'ouverture. Date of visit: February 2020More, Enjoyed a great (as always) brunch here! The team knew what they wanted and Chris was clear on the dining space and greenery. Its warm, great service and good comfort food. I also ordered some onion rings which I believe were supposed to come with a dipping sauce, but they didn't.Service was average. This dining room cooks hamburgers for 11$ to 25$. This is a vibrant and popular all-night eatery, with a big selection of breakfasts. Very nice, and the eggs were awesome. Can a vegan person get a good meal at this restaurant? Please type a location... All of Ottawa. Delivery now available! The awards and accolades speak for themselves. 1; No articles found. My husband said his cheeseburger was alright. This is a typical old-style diner, and very popular. The Elgin Street Diner as seen on Google Street View. Date of visit: February 2020. also on chalk boards on the wall. Get the inside scoop on jobs, salaries, top office locations, and CEO insights. The fries portion is enormous! I wish I could have chosen from their special brunch menu but I already had a coffee at the hotel and was not very hungry. The Diner has been recognized by “Cheapeat” as one of the city’s best dining values, and was one of Ottawa’s restaurants most recommended by readers. Went for breakfast, food was More restaurants on You Gotta Eat Here Near Ottawa, ON Business Profile. An entire container of oily browned small cut fries that didnt taste nice....Why give someone such a huge portion which will go to waste? The Elgin Diner had a large wait staff, and our waiter...was quite attentive. April 2020. 3777 Strandherd Dr Nepean Top Reviews of Elgin Street Diner 3.5 stars - Based on 10 reviews . They only served...me one refill of (weak) coffee. We loved it here. Always come back to this place! I just had Elgin Street Diner blueberry pancakes at home in my PJs without leaving my house! The burger itself was delicious but I didn't like the fries at all. The Elgin Street Diner became an Ottawa institution upon first opening its doors more than 11 years ago. Zak's At Home! Besides Canadian Museum of Nature, visit Elgin Street Diner in the vicinity. The awards and accolades speak for themselves. 374 Elgin St, Ottawa, Ontario K2P 1N1 Canada. me one refill of (weak) coffee. The Elgin Street Diner is obviously a very popular place and deservedly so. Business Profile. Usually a classic place. The staff wear Elgin diner t-shirts that have funny sayings the owner coined. I guess the point of this review is to let people know that sometimes things are not what you hoped they would be. Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Ottawa, Hotels near Parliament Hill and Buildings, Hotels near Rideau Canal National Historic Site, Hotels near Canada Aviation and Space Museum, Hotels near Diefenbunker: Canada's Cold War Museum, Italian Restaurants with Delivery in Ottawa, Italian Restaurants with Private Dining in Ottawa, Best Udon & Soba (Wheat & Buckwheat Noodle) in Ottawa, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Ottawa, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Ottawa, Japanese Restaurants in Byward Market Area, Late Night Restaurants in Byward Market Area. Our coffee was refilled a couple times during our breakfast stop. Very nice, and the eggs were awesome. Book now at 50 restaurants near Elgin Street on OpenTable. Enjoy Canadian cuisine at this restaurant. I don't think they should advertise them as home fries. Whether for breakfast, casual lunch and dinner, or late-night dining, the Diner has become THE place in Ottawa. We had the Rancheros and the waffle. Products for Businesses We're hiring. Got a poutine to go this afternoon. I enjoyed my meal here and would love to return to try more the next time I am in Ottawa. Whether for breakfast, casual lunch and dinner, or late-night dining, the Diner has become THE place in Ottawa. Do not go away without eating perfectly cooked bacon poutine, Montreal smoked meat and baked beans.To order good blueberry pancakes, peanut butter pie and waffles is a really good idea. Ottawa. I never have to get dressed and leave my house again!!! Our goal is to provide sophisticated cocktails, a carefully curated craft and seasonal beer list, and amazing food in a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Elgin Street Diner // 374 Elgin St. Arguably the most famous restaurant on Elgin, this legendary (or infamous) 24 hour resto on the street's southside has served all walks of life. The dishes are big. Over 200 Kilograms of Chicken a week served to ESD patrons. The Elgin Street Diner became an Ottawa institution upon first opening its doors more than 22 years ago. Voted best Ottawa’s best diner, best 24 hour spot, best breakfast, best poutine, best milkshake, and the restaurant with the best service by the readers of Xpress Magazine, Listed as one of Ottawa’s top restaurants by Frommers, Lonely Planet, Yahoo!Travel, American Airlines, virtualtourist.com, nporta.com city guides, chowhound.com, ottawaplus.ca and ottawa.ca, Maclean’s magazine included the Elgin Street Diner in a recent editorial about food that defines Canada. Restaurants near Elgin Street Diner 374 Elgin St, Ottawa, Ontario K2P 1N1, Canada. Or call for takeout (613) 421-0038 Stop by Elgin Street Diner in Ottawa for a quick and tasty bite to eat. Whether for breakfast, casual lunch and dinner, or late-night dining, the Diner has become THE place in Ottawa. I wish I could have chosen from their special brunch menu but I already had a coffee at the hotel and was not very hungry. The wait staff was friendly...and efficient. Select a Rating Select a Rating! We chose to eat hear given the reviews and having seen it on, You Gotta Eat Here. Get quick answers from Elgin Street Diner staff and past visitors. They're most notable for their famous poutine (which uses mushroom gravy, vegans) and their huge and generous blue plate breakfasts. Can a vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant? Elgin Street Diner. Ottawa, ON K2P 1N1. One of our go-to...places for breakfast/brunch!More, After spending the morning at the Canadian Museum of Nature, we came here for lunch. I strongly recommend stopping if you have the chance.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The awards and accolades speak for themselves. Get crafty and build your own omelet for breakfast, or play it safe by ordering a stack of fresh and fluffy pancakes. We use the freshest ingredients to handcraft a distinctive and unique menu in a casual, family-friendly environment. It was room temperature, some of the gravy had hardened and had a skin-like consistency. The eggs benedict itself was fine. Compare pay for popular roles and read about the team’s work-life balance. The food was really great, the servers were fast and efficient, the coffee was nice and hot. I ordered food from this diner and it was very good. Commandez en ligne à livrer et à emporter de chez Elgin Street Diner (374 Elgin Street). It serves good, cheap, and hearty fare around the clock and has a very inviting and cozy atmosphere that makes eating there a pleasure. But ordering what they are known for and feeling let down just didn't sit right with me. Kids will jump for joy over their grilled cheese and bacon sandwich, while parents delight in … Coffee was good as well. The Big Breakfast was decent, potatoes had no flavour. We’ll be going back again for breakfast. Restaurants. Serves Diner. Elgin Street Diner Centretown Menu - View the Menu for Elgin Street Diner Ottawa on Zomato for Delivery, Dine-out or Takeaway, Elgin Street Diner menu and prices. Kochu. Elgin Street Diner; Claim Share Print. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. I also ordered some onion rings which I believe were supposed to come with a dipping sauce, but they didn't.Service was average. Are you sure you want to delete this question? more. The eggs benedict itself was fine.More, After our first night in Ottawa, we headed up Elgin for a morning at the Museum of Nature. Both were yummy and arrived within 10 minutes. Classic diner fare with a good variety of menu items to choose from. We were immediately seated and four adults quickly received very hot coffee in distinctive Elgin Street Diner mugs as well as ice water. Find out what works well at Elgin Street Diner from the people who know best. Customer service was awesome. Elgin Street Diner, Ottawa: See 848 unbiased reviews of Elgin Street Diner, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #73 of 2,662 restaurants in Ottawa. Restaurants near Elgin Street Diner, Ottawa on Tripadvisor: Find traveler reviews and candid photos of dining near Elgin Street Diner in Ottawa, Ontario. The dishes are big. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. Here they sell over 700 lbs of fresh cut fries per week. 15 reviews. Saturday morning we felt like a walk, so we strolled over to Elgin and ate breakfast at the Elgin Street Diner. I would certainly return and I rate it at an unstinting 5 out of 5. Local cuisine, American, Diner, Canadian, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout, Seating, Highchairs Available, Wheelchair Accessible, Free Wifi, Accepts Credit Cards, Table Service. Over 10,000 (ten thousand) pounds of potatoes are hand cut into tasty little French fries. Came here because of reviews and was not disappointed. In my mind this is the' Elgin Street Diner, Ottawa: See 848 unbiased reviews of Elgin Street Diner, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #73 of 2,662 restaurants in Ottawa. We chose a regular breakfast special (2 eggs, 1 meat, potatoes, baked beans and toast) plus an eggs Benedict. Zak’s Diner is set to open an Elgin Street eatery in the space once occupied by Dunn’s Famous Delicatessen. Share Your Experience! This is a great place for a family style diner meal, we loved it! Everyone tried something different, and everyone enjoyed their meal. Breakfast Sandwiches Burgers Salads Poutine. Zak's At Home! Both were yummy and arrived within 10 minutes. We are not picky and certainly understand our expectations need to change when we eat out. Elgin Street Diner Menu. We ordered poutine as a starter which...was recommended...it was alright and we have had better. Uncover why Elgin Street Diner is the best company for you. The Elgin Street Diner became an Ottawa institution upon first opening its doors more than 11 years ago. Elgin Street Diner, Ottawa: See 848 unbiased reviews of Elgin Street Diner, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #73 of 2,658 restaurants in Ottawa. I know it's a hastle to find parking but they make up for it with the food and Customer Service. The Wellington Diner is a traditional Diner in Ottawa specializing in all things related to breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everything in between. I had to buy one as a souvenir ($15). We are not picky and certainly understand our expectations need to change when we eat out. ESD is now available through Skip the Dishes. Can a gluten free person get a good meal at this restaurant? Write a Review for Elgin Street Diner. The Diner is included in the “Cheapeats Ottawa” quick lists Looking for Comfort Food?, Want Poutine?, Want Brunch?, Are You Staying Up All Night?, and Looking for An All Day Breakfast? Open 24 hours. was quite attentive. Menu & Reservations Make Reservations . Elgin Street Diner welcomes you to their establishment.
2020 elgin street diner