Email Address * … 1 Universal Edition Samples, Intervals In Action Sample 1 – Practice Strategies, Intervals In Action Sample 2 – Major 6th, System for Creating Diminished Scales on V7b9 Chords, Theme & Variation – Singles, Doubles & Triples, Road Tips – Location of Notes within Maj7 Chords – Part 1 of 3, Hearing the Location of the Root, 3rd, 5th and 7th in Chords, Transforming a Maj7 Chord into a Diminished (maj7) Chord, Six Melodic Variations on a Descending Minor 7th Chord, Road Tips – Location of Notes within Maj7 Chords – Part 2 of 3, Hip Lick #157 Tutorial – Working with Moving 7ths, Road Tips – Location of Notes within Maj7 Chords – Part 3 of 3, Hearing Intervals from the Roots of the “Big 5” Chords, Adding Lower Neighboring Tones to the Descending Major Scale, Hip Lick #4 (aka The Honeysuckle Rose Lick), The Fork in the Road (Perpetual Cycle Pattern), Dressing up a Dominant 7th Arpeggio with enclosure around the 3rd, JAZZ PIANO FOR SAXOPHONISTS -Diatonic 7th Chords, Chromatic Bebop Scales With Alternating Starting Points, Locrian Mode – A new system for learning the scale, Walking and Thinking in Regulated Time – Scales & Fitness, Dominant 7th Chords – Piano Accompaniment, Diminished 7th Chords – Piano Accompaniment Video, Minor 7b5 Chords – Piano Accompaniment Video, Application of the Diminished Scale over a II-7/V7/Imaj7, Major 7th Intervals as 3rds & 7ths on V7 Chords, Dorian Mode – New System Focuses Ear on Chord Extensions, The Domino Theory (Chromatic Scale Exercise), Diminished Scale in 3rds over a V7b9 Chord, Tape Measure Scales Introduction – 1 and 2 Note Version, Nailing a II / V / I progression with a Descending Major Scale, LISTENING RECOMMENDATIONS – Nancy Wilson / Cannonball Adderley, Four Contours of 3rds Over a ii / V / I Progression, Modes of Modes_How to use Locrian over a V7 Chord, Adding a Pedal Note to Scales for High Melodic Mileage, Using Everyday Sounds to Locate Notes on Your Instrument, Applying Lower and Upper Neighboring tones to a mi7 Chord, Coltrane Device – Scales in 3rds with Lower Neighboring Tones, Transforming Diatonic 7ths into a Swingin’ Phrase, There is No Greater Love – Part 1 – Mind Transcription, There is No Greater Love – Part 2 – Mind Transcription, Minor 3rds Video Lesson – Intervals in Action, Listening Recommendation: Gene Ammons – Boss Tenor, Major 2nd Video Lesson – Intervals in Action, Listening Recommendation: Paul Desmond & Gerry Mulligan – Two of A Mind, 6 Essential Elements – The Six of Diamonds, Getting more impact from your short notes, Listening Recommendation: Stan Getz – Jazz Samba, Listening Recommendation: Dexter Gordon – Go, Listening Recommendation: Sonny Stitt – Personal Appearance, Listening Recommendation: Dave Brubeck – Time Out, Listening Recommendation: Kenny Burrell & John Coltrane, Double-time Passage from Ravenswood Avenue, Confirmation Changes – Hyde Park Blvd w-Aebersold, Lifting Weights – The Importance of Daily Practice, Listening Recommendation: Wes Montgomery – Tequila, Stan Getz Minor 2nd Interval placement as the 3rd and 9th over a mi7 chord, How to Mix a Minor Triad with a Diminished 7th Chord, Listening Recommendation: Charlie Parker with Strings, Basic Voiceleading for a ii – V – I – PART 1 of 2, Basic Voiceleading for a ii – V – I – PART 2 of 2, Listening Recommendation: Marcos Valle – Samba 68, Listening Recommendation: Sonny Rollins Plus 4, Ogden Avenue – Take the A Train – Melodic Embellishment, Cake, Frosting & Sprinkles – Part 1 of 3, Cake, Frosting & Sprinkles – Part 2 of 3, Cake, Frosting & Sprinkles – Part 3 of 3, Listening Recommendation: Count Basie – E=MC2, Listening Recommendation: Antonio Carlos Jobim – Wave, Chicago Ave (Satin Doll) – Melodic Embellishment, Listening Recommendations: The Hi Lo’s: And All That Jazz, Four Directions – Thinking Locally and Globally, Finding the hidden Diminished and Augmented Chords in the Chromatic Scale, Listening Recommendation: Clifford Brown • Max Roach, Listening Recommendation: Stan Getz – Focus, Fixing the Break: How to play smoothly from C to D. Greg’s Philosophy of Music: It’s Bigger than You and Me. Title: Charlier - 36 Etudes for Trumpet Author: Super Dad Created Date: 10/4/2008 9:03:02 PM On the spot! Jazz Phrasing for Saxophone Vol . I can remember putting on the Charlie Parker record and reading through the tunes quite easily but when it came to improvising I didn't have a clue really. Through this I heard about the trumpet player and teacher Paul Eshelby. Jazz Etudes and Duets contains ten exciting and advanced etudes based mostly on jazz standards, specifically focused on fast jazz soloing. Store Paris (+) Réf : 81263 -28%. So that's what I did! JAZZ ETUDES for IMPROVISATION. These jazz etudes, originally written for saxophone, are lyrical, fun to play, and will help trumpet players understand voice-leading and jazz phrasing. The etudes are very melodic with limited tricky passages and no high sustained passages. 25.00. I hope you’ll enjoy playing these etudes as much as I enjoyed recording them. They contain demonstrations of the etudes played by Bob, and also rhythm section accompaniment for each of the etudes at three different tempos for practice. SKU: BMJSZ008 Categories: Books, Jazz Study Zone. Jazz Etudes. A few of the more advanced studies are things that I’ve been practicing lately. He didn't really mention the word vocabulary or teach me any 'licks' but he did state the importance of being able to play in ALL keys (I now knew why I struggled trying to improvise in the Charlie Parker middle 8's, I couldn't really 'play' in those tricky keys). Jazz Etudes (20), w/CD Category: Trumpet Studies & Etudes Item: 028590 Grade: Price: $22.00 Availability: Ships in 20 to 30 Days Qty: View Shopping Cart; Nuten, Piet Studies (6) Category: Trumpet Studies & Etudes Item: 121296 Grade: Price: $13.00 Availability: Ships in 10 to 15 Days Qty: View Shopping Cart ; O'Neill, John Jazz Method w/CD Category: Trumpet Studies & Etudes Item: 024815 … YTR-3335 S. trompette d'étude sib étude . Whole Tone Scales. For my final dissertation I gave a lecture recital on Louis Armstrong and his influence on 20th century music! My next encounter with great jazz came when a colleague in the Royal Marines Band Service (I served for around 7 years) lent me some of his records, he was a jazz nut! Well as I'm sure you can imagine, it was not pretty! Once these lines feel comfortable, smooth and swinging, you’ll most likely find the typical jazz or big band trumpet literature much more fun and interesting. We also need to understand why licks work, we want the ability to be creating our own licks! It was sometime later that I left the Royal Marines and went to the City of Leeds College of music. Around this time I started working professionally as a commercial trumpet player and so learning more about improvising was a bit on the back burner.
2020 jazz etudes trumpet