Panasonic G95 Review - Click for Table of Contents The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G80 (also known as the Panasonic G85) is a new Micro Four Thirds compact system camera that features 5-Axis Dual Image Stabilisation and a splash/dust proof magnesium body. Personally, I find it to be a great feature since it lets the photographer easily capture the perfect moment. Anyone else experienced this or is ours faulty? Photokina has announced via a press release that after 70 years of shows in Cologne, Germany, it will be indefinitely suspended due to 'decreases in the imaging market’ that have ‘force[d] a hard cut.’. It's a non issue for the "noise". Even while working around the 1/5 mark, a steady hand was able to capture the images easily without any noticeable blurring. For instance, in the USA, it's called the G85, in the UK it's the G80. Solved with FW 1.22. IBIS is not smooth in video - it sticks and jumps. As for the overexposure, I don't know--on my G7 it's spot on. Using the mic port doesn't stop the screen being tilted. I just tested it and fired my Yongnuo YN560IV and it works fine. All things considered, the Panasonic LUMIX G85 is a great camera for its price. That's a good question, but I'd ask the guy who posted the original tip. The Primoplan 75mm F1.9 II is a redesign of the original Primoplan 75mm F1.9 designed in 1936. Panasonic G85 Review - G85 Field Test. really considering it though along with the GX80/85 for casual video particularly for 5-axis stabilization and continuos focusing (is it good? I know, right? I've only had the sticking issue at extreme telephoto (350mm equivalent) or on a tripod doing pans. Yongnuo, makers of lenses, cameras and other photo accessories, has filed a patent for a modular mirrorless camera system. And then you have keen indie film and document makers, vblogers and the list goes on I guess :). Hi, I am hesitating between buying Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX80 + 14-42 mm + 45-150mm and a sony a6000 16-50mm + 55-210mm. Lens, 16 Megapixel Mirrorless Camera, 5 Axis In-Body Dual Image Stabilization, 3-Inch Tilt and Touch LCD, DMC-G85MK (Black) at Amazon.com. It basically works by capturing a short 4K clip (in a choice of aspect ratios) and allowing users to extract ~8MP stills. I think you'll find that the Olympus OM-D EM-5 mk II will do what you need for flash, but won't swear. Also, unless you want to photograph moving subjects in the dark the G85 IBIS gives 4-5 stops of stabilisation. Enter the Ulanzi ST-09, an adjustable mount that allows you to turn an Apple Watch into a live viewfinder on the rear of your iPhone. This could be very useful info for those of us thinking of maybe ordering it from them. AF is not "average". Sep 20, 2016 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85 sample gallery. @dpreview. A firmware update should be available as soon as next week. Panasonic G85 Review - Click for Table of Contents c. Haven't dug into this, so can't answer on it yet. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G80 (also known as the Panasonic G85) is a new Micro Four Thirds compact system camera that features 5-Axis Dual Image Stabilisation and a splash/dust proof magnesium body. I love my g85 for video...I sold my a6300s for a G7 + G85 setup, but the image quality can't touch my Fujis. In mirrorless the battery life this gets is a bit better than average actually. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Panasonic LUMIX G85 4K Digital Camera, 12-60mm Power O.I.S. @Dpreview : Am i seeing this correct, my GM1 (same as GM5 sensor) is having better RAW than G80 ? Newly developed in-body gyro sensor adds class-leading 5-axis body stabilization that when mated to LUMIX 2-axis optically stabilized lenses for a “Dual IS” effect, is worth nearly 5 f-stops in video and still capture. The GX85 comes with a 12-32mm kit lens. Here are some of our favorites. Just note that there is a slight crop factor (you can see an example of it on the Video & Features page of the review). All content, design, and layout are Copyright © 1998 - 2020 Digital Photography Review All Rights Reserved. The review camera turned in a sterling performance with the Lumix G-Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. From the G85 manual (ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/camera/om/dmc-g85_en_adv_om.pdf), it's not clear to me that the E-Stabilization is ever active on its own. Considering its price point and the design language, the LUMIX G85 is easily one of the best mid-range mirrorless cameras for amateur as well as aspiring professionals. ... Panasonic Lumix G85 targets outdoor photographers. +1....i have the G7 and whilst this is great will wait for the 20 and newer chip, Panasonic just released an official statement on the issue: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMjZ-2-BEEo/, "Less than a week ago, Panasonic became aware of some reports that the G85's image stabilization wasn't delivering the same level of smooth performance that the GX85 is while slow panning in video mode. With a 1.8x squeeze, the lens produces a more pronounced anamorphic effect than the 1.33x lenses offered by Sirui, albeit at a much higher cost. These capable cameras should be solid and well-built, have both speed and focus for capturing fast action and offer professional-level image quality. Find out how it performs in our in-depth review. G95 is also sold as Lumix DMC-G90 in some of the countries. Panasonic LUMIX G85 Shooting Experience. The Lumix G80 picks up where the G7 left off, shunning its low-pass filter and arriving with a better protected, weather-resistant body. While DSLR cameras might still be found in the hands of every photographer out there, the preference towards mirrorless cameras is slowly growing strong. Very strange. The 65mm T2 completes Vazen's set of anamorphic lenses for the Micro Four Thirds system. ISO 6400 exhibits quite visible noise and loss of fine detail, and the faster setting of ISO 12,800 is even noisier but still usable for small prints and web use. Thanks to its lightweight, the camera can be used for both photographers and vloggers, and can even bear rough conditions. G85 is also sold as Lumix DMC-G80 in some of the countries. Think of it as iPhone’s Live Photos or Google’s Motion Photos. Panasonic Lumix GX80 – At a glance: 16 … View our sample gallery to see how a bit of shift can change a photo or introduce creative effects. As we’ve seen, with mid-range cameras, manufacturers usually like to showcase a smart engine into the camera to make the end-user experience all the more easier. G85 is also sold as Lumix DMC-G80 in some of the countries. Senior Editor Barney Britton's Gear of the Year part two details how he ended up with a Reflex-Nikkor 1000mm F11, and despite its quirks, why it was ideal for a creative project in the COVID-era. All those multi-names are so a sales person or distributor can instantly know where you bought the camera in his region and so tell you that it is/isn't under warranty. It features 4K video capture, 2nd-generation 5-axis image stabilization and a 16MP Four Thirds sensor with no optical low pass filter. When we first reported on the alleged ransomware attack back in August, Canon said it was 'investigating the situation.' That's great news! Less bulky than a DSLR, the LUMIX G85 is the compact 4K video-enabled Micro Four Thirds Mirrorless (DSLM) camera with true-to-life photo image quality. It's available in Canon EF, Fuji X, Leica M, M42, MFT, Nikon F, Pentax K and Sony E mounts and the first units are expected to ship in January 2021. If the E-Stabilization plus the body and lens stabilizers (what Panasonic calls the "5-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer") does not exhibit the problem, that might be a useful workaround until the issue is fixed. As for low-light photography, the camera manages to keep the noise as minimum as it can. Thanks. Do you mean that it is not an issue when using E-stabilization *only*, or when using it in combination with the body and lens stabilization? Thanks RussellG and FirworksYT. In markets outside of North America the GX85 is sold as the GX80; in Japan it is sold as the GX7 Mark II. With the new Pro Display XDR Calibrator and accompanying firmware update, users can now recalibrate their Pro Display XDR monitors. Considering the video performance, the LUMIX G85 manages to record videos at a 4K resolution with 30 frames per second. I do think that some considering the E-M1 II will consider the G85 though especially if they want some up to date features but aren't going to push the limits of the autofocus system. Image quality is great, with colors mostly accurate, and an added RAW format for the more advanced minds. It’s the Lumix G80 / G85!) It produces noise-free images at ISO 100 to 1600, with limited noise starting to appear at ISO 3200. Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85 Camera Body Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH Power OIS Lens DMW-BLC12 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1200mAh) Amazon packing combined with UPS shipping was pretty horrendous. Readonly, do you think your reply is intelligent? Laowa 15mm F4.5 Shift Lens Review: What is a shift lens, and when is it useful? That's great to hear! With a 16 megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensor with no optical low pass filter, new dual 5-axis image stabilization, built-in electronic viewfinder, 3 inch tilting LCD touchscreen, 4K video and photo modes, and integrated wi-fi connectivity, can the Panasonic GX80 live up to its early promise? This is due to its inclusion of weather-sealing, an updated Dual IS system and upgraded electronic viewfinder. Panasonic is working to solve the issue with a firmware update as soon as we can. In this comprehensive Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85 review, we will cover the most important aspects of company's newest Compact System Camera, including key features, body and handling, performance and image quality. That being said, if the above images weren’t enough for you, make sure to check out our entire gallery of images captured by the LUMIX G85: At a price point of $844.95, the Panasonic LUMIX G85 is one of the best mid-range mirror-less options on the market. The Canon RF 800mm F11's unique combination of telephoto reach, affordability and light weight will likely enable even more people to do the same. BTW, trolling some other manufacture’s camera didn’t makes you “feel” your NX gear is getting better…. Similar to this:- https://youtu.be/y3eqvClYV-o?t=3m2s The footage is unusable and the camera cannot be used handheld as we intended. Price as reviewed: £599.00 (with 12-32mm lens) Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX80 review. With the new LUMIX G85, Panasonic has showcased how much they’ve improved in the image stabilization department. This is Dual IS 2.0 versus Dual IS 1.0 on the GX85 right? Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85 Review. 2 support] Thanks for the review and those nasal remarks. For now, the app is in beta and limited to a handful of Samsung Galaxy smartphones, but as development continues, it's safe to assume support for other Android devices is on the way. I've been in touch with Panasonic USA and they've conveyed your/our concerns to the factory. So in 2018, what would be newer iterations/s from Panasonic now? this will give you more motion blur and will disguise a bit the jittering. Miscellaneous- Will the Lumix G85 5-axis IBIS work well with all Olympus MFT -lenses (still and video)?- Will autofocus also work with all Olympus MFT -lenses (still and video)?- How do i find the shutter count info, is it in the normal menu (If buy used camera)? The video is very good, it has a top notch evf, and offers ibis with 4k video and no overheating (with no time limit on the american model). The 16-million-pixel GX80 sits below the GX8 in Panasonic’s range. Shares. Both cameras have Four Thirds sensors but Panasonic G85 has a 16.0 MP and Panasonic GX8 has a 20.0 MP resolution. But, I downloaded the "Standard" and "E-shutter" RAWs and looked at them in LR with Detail adjustments turned off, and I can't see a difference. Panasonic Lumix G7 review: A 4K-capable compact system camera that won't drain your bank account dry. Read review All in all, the G85 is a very easy camera to operate. Nearly every Panasonic Lens with IS will feature Dual IS on the G85, but currently only the P14-140mm and the P12-60mm support Dual IS2. 2.0, 16 Megapixels, 3 Inch Touch LCD at Amazon.com. I have never had any jittering in my panasonic shot video. Don't use internal mic/ so no idea.4. Pros: Amazing video quality -- it just stomps on Olympus in this area, including the OM-D E-M1 Mark IIThe menu systems are sooooo much simpler than my OM-D E-M1Weather sealingQuiet and soft shutter mechanism...you almost don't realize it's taking a photoFully articulating touch screen, Cons: Burst rate and autofocus for serious sports or wildlife shooting. DJI's second-generation Pocket camera includes a long list of useful upgrades including a wider, faster lens, a larger sensor, more resolution, improved audio and an optional handle that significantly improves control and supports live streaming. Stabilizer is amazing coming from a G7 and I cannot believe how quiet the shutter is. The new DJI Mavic Mini 2 includes several notable improvements over the original Mavic Mini, including 4K video, Raw photo capability, and DJI's robust OcuSync 2.0 transmission system. In reality you rarely need to move from ISO 200 with the G85, therefore giving it a potentially better image quality than the X-T2. Many photographer hobbyists like to take occasional 'better then smartphone' video here and there with they cameras so there is no need to carry two devices with most of recent mirrorless cameras like G85 which, helped by Panasoonic's efficient DUAL IS, allows you to leave the tripod at home for stationary shots. Less bulky than a DSLR, the LUMIX G85 is the compact 4K video-enabled Micro Four Thirds Mirrorless (DSLM) camera with true-to-life photo image quality. Before we get started with the review, let us get the specs out of the way: The Panasonic LUMIX G85 comes with a lot of accessories, that should be more than enough for the average user. can you help me understand the difference between IS and IS2 please? Panasonic Lumix GX85 review – Lens. Now, as the year winds down, we're highlighting some of our standout products of the year. But at a price of $844.95 (Rs. The G85 is the second G-series camera to use an electromagnetic shutter drive and, although it’s similar to the drive in the GX85 (the first G-series camera to use this technology) the G85’s is a smaller mechanism that supports electronic first-curtain flash synchronisation, a new addition. The camera has been critically acclaimed for being a star performer and is the number one choice for many photographers and videographers alike. The shock caused by movement of the shutter diaphragm is dramatically reduced and the shutter sound is significantly minimized. The G85 does seem better optimised for video - particularly with IBIS stabilising all lenses. Click through for a refresher on the standout models, and for your chance to vote on which was best. Can you please tell us if Amazon packed it poorly for shipment? 24/25p video can look jittery also when played on a monitor that doesn't support native 24p or 25p playback. The body design largely follows the G85. What’s the best camera for less than $1000? I am leaning towards panasonic because of the better video and the in-body stabilization but on the other hand I know sony is meant to have slightly better image quality. Written and Tested by Brendan Nystedt. Ironically though, Full HD footage is a little softer by comparison, so it’s best to record 4K footage if storage space is not a concern. To me, sounds really childish. Panasonic’s Lumix G80 / G85 is a highly compelling entry into the competitive mid-range market. The GX85 comes with a 12-32mm kit lens. That being said, Panasonic has now introduced a refined version of the G7. and I still don't understand why almost all new camera must comes with 4K video, if I were a videographer I would go for something more like a real video camera, such as the Canon XC-10, it handles much better for video shooting than any other capable still cameras and it takes still as well. Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85 reviews, pros and cons, Amazon price history. I agree about the Fuji X-A1. The best cameras for under $1000 should have good ergonomics and controls, great image quality and be capture high-quality video. Akutagawa would love it. Market differentiation. You can also find the additional questions and answers concerning some particular features of the G85. Hi Ryan. In a nutshell, the performance offered by the Panasonic LUMIX G85 is absolutely great and offers a lot more than what you’d expect from a camera at this price range. Finally, you can access the memory card quickly without having to open the battery door [2016-10-5 This review was originally based on a Panasonic Lumix G85 … The camera was still in perfect shape as Panasonic designed the packaging well. Like the Panasonic GX85, the G85 uses a 16MP chip with no anti-aliasing filter. Panasonic Lumix GX80 / GX85 final verdict. However, moving upwards the ISO 2,500 mark does allow the noise to start creep in, and then the hole just keeps getting bigger as you move to a higher mark. Re: using Auto ISO in Manual mode, there's actually a way to do it on the G7 that I assume also works on the G85. At first glance the Lumix GX80 / GX85 may look like a repackaging of Panasonic’s camera technologies in a flat-topped body at a mid-range price, but it offers a number of compelling upgrades over previous models.
2020 lumix g85 review