Makita XDT15ZB 18V Lithium Ion Sub Compact Brushless Cordless IMPACT Driver: Condition: New. However, it only weighs 2.9 pounds. Maybe that says something. Reviewed in the United States on June 9, 2018. Besides the tool itself, a belt clip and a plastic storage case are included in the package. Find out why! The drill weighs in at just 2.04 pounds bare and 2.88 pounds with the compact battery installed. We can do so much with this to test the impact driver such as see how many screws it will drive before the battery dies, we can find out the largest lag it will sink, but that’s not what I am looking at for this tool. It’s can deliver the most power and is equipped not only with four different speed settings, but also advanced technologies like “Assist Mode” and “Quick-Shift Mode.”. Before that, though, here’s a quick overview of the top three picks. Reviewed in the United States on November 19, 2020. Order online or call 760-201-8800. While it’s also among the priciest, if it’s within your budget, it’s well worth getting. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue; Ideal for working in tight spaces; Variable speed (0-1,300/0-3,000 RPM and 0-1,600/0-3,900 IPM) for a … We tried this and wow! I love it. Its maximum torque is 1,062 inch-pounds. All of the products except for the budget-friendly option and the corded option are equipped with a brushless motor. I’ll also tell you how I arrived at those choices and what the alternatives that I considered were. Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying This Product: It’s quite expensive compared to some of the other models. The bit came out. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Makita LS1019L Review: A Miter Saw Worth Getting? If you have the budget, then – by all means – go for the top pick, Makita XDT12Z. Since all of the Makita tools are of excellent quality, your choice should really be mainly affected by your budget and by whether or not you need some of the advanced functions like “Assist Mode” or “Quick-Shift Mode.”. Things I Like About This Product: It’s quite light and very affordable. It came out with the pulling help of the vice grips. Everything worked well for the first year. At 3.3 pounds including a battery, it’s not the lightest model, but it’s still fairly light considering the features it comes with. It includes two tools – the XDT11Z impact driver that I reviewed above and XFD10Z, a 1/2″ cordless drill. Why The Makita XDT16? Required fields are marked *. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. 13 product ratings. This product requires an 18-volt battery, and works with the Makita Lithium-Ion 18-volt series, but this is not included. item 2 Makita XDT15ZB 18V Lithium Ion Sub Compact Brushless Impact Driver Tool Only 2 - Makita XDT15ZB 18V Lithium Ion Sub Compact Brushless Impact Driver Tool Only. It features an L.E.D. The slower one tops at 1,300 RPM and 1,600 IPM. Husky vs. Craftsman: Which of the Two Brands Is Better? Its maximum torque is 1,460 inch-pounds. Both Makita 18V LXT Sub-Compact Drill-Driver and Impact Driver have dual LED worklights, rubberized soft grip handles, and Makita’s BL brushless motors. The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Quick-Shift Mode™ 3-Speed Impact Driver (model XDT14Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately) is a best-in-class fastening solution for users who want more torque, longer run-time, and precision fastening features. The tool has a no-load speed of up to 3,200 RPM and can deliver up to 3,100 impacts per minute. It’s powered by Makita’s 18V LXT batteries, and it can deliver up to 3,600 RPM and 3,800 IPM. I have almost the full line up of Makita cordless tools and this is the one I use the most often by far. That should save you some money compared to buying those things separately. 1x Makita XDT16T 18V LXT Li-Ion 5.0Ah Cordless Brushless Quick-Shift 4-Speed Impact Driver 2x Makita BL1850B 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Cordless Tool Batteries 1x Makita DC18RC 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Cordless Tool Battery Charger While its price is comparable with some of the cheaper 18-volt drivers, it’s equipped with some of the advanced functionality of the top pick and runner-up. I am just an occasional home user. The latter is usually more expensive, but it is also much better at converting electrical power into rotational force. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. How to Cut Crown Molding with a Miter Saw. If you only need to assemble some furniture every now and then or similar, you should be able to get by with a 12-volt impact driver. However, its great for anything that requires finesse. Ended: Nov 02, 2020. You, of course, cannot use a 12-volt battery in an 18-volt tool and vice-versa even if they are both made by Makita. While those usually come at a price premium, they can be worth it if you have the budget. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. So speaking of leading, let’s check out the Makita XDT16Z Review and see if this puts them out front. This tool offers two speed settings and comes equipped with “Assist Mode.”. If you are looking for a good set of screwdriver bits, make sure to check this article. Tips for maintaining maximum battery life 1. I also considered how important each of those criteria is to the specific category. The 18V Makita batteries I already have slid right in and this think just came to life in my hands. Be the first to write a review. the screws went in super fast. In that case, consider the Makita DT04Z 12V Max CXT. I set right away to making some patio chairs using a great you tube video I found, and cannot believe the speed and ease of this tool. Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying This Product: It’s a bit more of a hassle to use it, especially on “remote” worksites, than cordless impact drivers. Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying This Product: It doesn’t feature a brushless motor. Dime… If you don’t use an impact driver too often and are on a budget, then I recommend getting the Makita XDT11Z. If you have any other questions, feel free to get in touch and I’ll try to answer them. BUT, I had to pull the chuck out to insert a bit - a two hand operation. As such, for all of the categories other than the “best corded” one, I chose cordless tools. At 9 inches long, it’s larger than many of the other products on this list. The specifications of this unit are perfect for quick screw driving. I would still recommend going with the XDT12Z if you have the budget. Though small, it apparently has plenty of power. It also comes with a tool bag. If you’re looking for the best Makita impact driver, I highly recommend checking the XDT12Z 18V LXT first. RPM, IPM, and torque: When it comes to impact drivers, the maximum no-load speed denoted in RPM, impacts per minute, and torque are the three basic metrics of performance. As such, if you are looking for your first cordless power tool or already own other Makita tools, I can only recommend getting one of those mentioned above. The reason for that is that based on my experience, all Makita tools are built very well and last very long. lights illuminate the work area. I can put in a bit even with heavy gloves on. Last week we were driving structural screws into 200+ yr old oak beams. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. At 2.6 pounds, it’s one of the lightest Makita impact drivers on the market. As such, all bits designed to fit this type of shank will work with the tools reviewed above, regardless of their brand. 5.0 out of 5 stars based on 13 product ratings. It’s a quality impact driver that can deliver up to 3,600 RPM and 3,800 IPM. Makita XDT15ZB 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless Impact Driver (Tool Only) - Compare Prices in Real-time, Set a Price Alert, and see the Price History Graph to find the cheapest price with GoSale - America's Largest Price Comparison Website! If you are not sure whether you should be getting an impact driver or an impact wrench, check this article. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. There’s no doubt that Makita is one of the best power tool makers in the world. Top subscription boxes – right to your door. This page works best with JavaScript. I have almost the full line up of Makita cordless tools and this is the one I use the most often by far. Both of them are equiped with brushless motors and the latter comes with “Quick-Shift Mode” and three speed settings. With a perfect balance of compact size, loaded features and a ton of power, the Makita XDT16 is going to be one of the toughest Impact Drivers to beat. I do a lot of metal framing and the soft start makes a huge difference in terms of the screws slipping. Makita XDT11Z 18V LXT. Like Makita, DeWalt is a hugely popular brand on building sites, where you can’t miss its vivid yellow and black branding. Surprisingly capable - very light / compact, Reviewed in the United States on April 23, 2018, More than adequately suits the needs of an occasional DIY type like me. | See original listing. While, at 2.8 pounds including battery, it’s lighter than the top pick, it doesn’t come with any of the advanced features like Quick-Shift, Assist Mode, and Tightening Mode. The 1/2-inch drill-driver is 6-3/8-inch long, boasts a mechanical variable 2-speed transmission of 0-500 and 0-1,700 RPM, and weights 2.8 pounds including the 18V battery. It’s equipped with a standard brushed motor that can deliver up to 2,900 RPM and 3,500 IPM. You could get the lower-end models like the DT01ZW, but in that case, you might just as well get one of the similarly priced entry-level 18-volt tools. I decided I needed more power so I upgraded to the 18V version. The top pick stood out in this regards the most with four different speed settings in addition to special modes. Gives you four different operational speed settings, which makes this model great for a variety of jobs. Having been using its impact drivers as well as other corded and cordless power tools for years, I don’t have many bad things to say about them. A basic model equipped with a brushed motor. Reviewed in the United States on May 31, 2020. ... Ratings and Reviews. Makita is a brand that I can only recommend. Keep an eye on the Tool Review Impact Driver round ups this year because this is my bet for the best impact driver for 2019. Otherwise, either go with the runner-up or the budget-friendly option both of which are considerably cheaper. Things I Like About This Product: It’s equipped with advanced technologies that will help you drive screws with ease. It worked well. I didn't expect this quality for Makita. The first was a 14V version which I thought was the hottest thing since sliced bread. In a hurry? It was the TD148. The torque rating gives you sufficient power for handling small lag screws, so you will have to decide just how far into the realm of the impact wrench world you expect th… lights illuminate the work area. It’s also a matter of fact that cordless impact drivers are more than sufficient for most situations. Speed settings: More or less all impact drivers are equipped with a variable-speed trigger. I bought a pair of vice grips and pulled a number of times. I am slower acquiring the 18V Makita tools and they are all great.... really want the jigsaw next! It’s one of the few corded impacts with a standard 1/4″ hex shank. And a big story it is. So, for example, you could use an 18-volt LXT battery that you got with a jobsite radio or a jobsite fan with an 18V LXT Makita impact driver. Can deliver up to 2,900 RPM. It comes with a charger and batteries. If you are trying to save money, I’d go with the XDT15Z or the budget pick, XDT11Z. I have the White colored Makita 18V drill set with the impact and hammer drill and have used it for about 3 years now with no issues. 18-Volt 1/4-Inch Sub-compact Impact Driver - XDT15ZB; Compact and Ergonomic Design at only 5-5/16; Weighs only 2.6 lbs. Its maximum torque is 480 inch-pounds. The faster one tops at 3,000 RPM and 3,900 IPM. CAUTION: Only use genuine Makita batteries. Today's Lowest Price: $64.50 On paper, the XDT13Z impact driver is a bare tool unit that looks solid. I'm sure it will be a great tool but will miss that one feature which I have used often with the last tool. 5. Combo Kit, XRH06ZB, XDT15ZB, XRJ07ZB, bag (5.0Ah) (2.0Ah) Write a Review Impact drivers are relatively new when compared to a drill. However, you should also take a look at XDT13Z and XDT14Z which are somewhere between the top-of-the-line model and the budget-friendly pick. However, its great for anything that requires finesse. Makita is known for their large 18V tool line up and other tools, but they have been one of the leaders in the cordless Impact Driver category. Initially, we were using the previous model that isn't brushless. It will also void the Makita warranty for the Makita tool and charger. Motor type: There are two types of motors: brushed and brushless. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on April 19, 2017. Compare tech specs and prices.⭐ Video reviews. Very nice tool. The Makita 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion sub-compact Brushless cordless impact driver is an ultra-compact fastening solution with significantly less weight. It did this a number of times. I reviewed this product in more detail here. Here, we will dive deep into a product from Makita that how it would be beneficial. See all details for Makita XDT15ZB 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. My impact driver just arrived in a very small box. If you don’t want to worry about charging batteries, then you should be looking at getting the Makita 6952 corded impact driver. The innovative Assist Mode (A-mode) helps eliminate screw cam-out and cross threading by driving at low speed until tightening begins and is ideal for driving longer fasteners. setting and let the drill decide (basically starts slower and speeds up with each use). I tried and tried to pull it out, but it just wouldn't come. This driver has two speed settings. Makita XSL02Z Review: A Miter Saw Worth Getting? Excellent impact driver that offers the versatility to help you accomplish most tasks successfully. I ran an 18V system for framing and general tasks, but used a compact 12V drill and driver for punch list work and cabinet installs. This is the 3rd Makita impact tool I've owned. Things I Like About This Product: It’s fairly affordable, yet equipped with “Assist Mode.” It’s very light. Makita continues to be a leader in impact drivers. ⏩ Milwaukee 2467-20 VS Makita XDT15ZB drills and drivers. Makita cx200rb review. I'm having second thoughts about using my Milwaukee now. Depending on your needs, you can choose between four different speed settings or “T-mode” (Tightening Mode) which just like some of this driver’s other features is designed to minimize the chance of stripping screws. I'll keep both. All of the impact drivers featured above are equipped with a standard 1/4″ hex shank. I reinserted the bit and pulled it out. Buy Makita XDT15ZB Other tools in Makita Cordless Impact Wrench & Driver category at lowest online prices - Find Makita XDT15ZB tool diagram / schematic with complete list of replacement parts at ToolpartsPro.com. The 18V Sub-Compact Impact Driver is part of a new class of compact, with the size and weight of lower voltage tools but with the performance, power and compatibility of 18V. The DIY enthusiasts, tradesmen all over the globe particularly like Makita for being their friend since the early seventies. As such, chances are you do not need both. The impact driver is even lighter at 1.82 pounds bare and 2.66 pounds. I hadn't expected that. It’s that good. Details about Makita XDT15ZB 18V Lithium Ion Sub Compact Brushless Cordless IMPACT Driver. Its a little smaller and just slightly less powerful than the blue version. If you have any other questions, feel free to get in touch and I’ll try to answer them. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Then the bit became stuck in the chuck. Makita Sub-Compact gives users 12V handling with 18V run time and compatibility with the world’s largest 18V lithium-ion cordless tool system. As far as corded impact drivers are concerned, Makita only has one model in its line-up right no. It was apparent that the machine was struggling to drive the screws. Makita XDT12Z is the maker’s top-of-the-line cordless impact driver. Special features: Some of the more advanced models are equipped with technologies like “Assist Mode” and “Tightening Mode” to make driving screws easier. It lacks speed-control features. light, though. The XDT15ZB has an efficient brushless motor with two speed settings and dual L.E.D. Unlike all of the tools above, this kit also comes with a pair of 2.0 Ah batteries and a charger. Makita XDT16Z Review Overview. However, I took it into account relative to how the products performed on the other criteria. Provided you’re are in search of an affordable and reliable impact driver. As such, it’s suitable for heavy use. But eventually it became very difficult to remove a bit holder because the mechanism holding it was clearly worn out. Your email address will not be published. BUDGET-FRIENDLY OPTION Price: Of course, I considered price as one of the ranking factors. While, at 3,000 RPM, it is not as fast as the one above, it is still more than sufficient for most common applications. Things I Like About This Product: It offers a chance to get both an impact driver and a cordless drill at a good price. In fact, it stripped the heads a bit (perhaps because I was not using the best bit for the job). :), Reviewed in the United States on November 10, 2019. However, some models are also equipped with the ability to switch the maximum speed for better control of power and torque. Makita is one of the best power tool makers in the world. In other words, it wastes much less energy as heat. Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying This Product: It delivers lower RPM and torque compared to some of the other models. There are not that many options for 12-volt Makita impacts either. Features advanced speed control technologies. Smaller...faster...better! Been trying to get along with just the hammer drill, but really missed the impact driver with its smaller size, lighter weight, and quick bit changes...so I found this little beauty and ordered it. Arrived yesterday and am shocked at how much smaller and lighter weight it is compared to what I thought was small an light weight with my other makita impact. Reviewed in the United States on April 3, 2017. Write Reivew for Makita CX303TRB 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless 3 Pc. As for the drill, it weighs 3.3 pounds and can deliver up to 1,900 RPM on its higher speed setting. That way, you should be – in most cases – able to share the batteries and chargers. In other words, they go faster when their trigger is depressed deeper. HANDYMAN’S WORLD TOP PICK At only 2.1 pounds including a battery and 5-5/16″ long, the DT04Z is the lightest and smallest impact driver on this list. Its brushless motor delivers up to 3,600 RPM. It is lightweight in hand, makes plenty of torque due to brushless motor and has a very good transmission. Your email address will not be published. The 18V sub-compact impact driver is part of a new class of compact, with the size and weight of lower voltage tools but with the performance, power and compatibility of 18-Volt. As mentioned above, most power tools are supplied without a … Below, I try to answer some of the questions and concerns I hear about Makita impact drivers often. It’s also equipped with “Assist Mode” which makes the driver drive at an increasingly higher speed – all while having the trigger fully pressed. We noticed the same performance while drilling the oak and chestnut for electric lines. Even better then my last 18V Makita Impact! Makita has led the charge to smaller and more comfortable impact drivers. Black rather than “Makita green.” It’s equipped with “Assist Mode” and can deliver up to 3,000 RPM. The settings on it are really nice and do make a difference. Things I Like About This Product: It’s very light and compact, but it can deliver enough power for most general purpose applications. Accessories: Generally, cordless power tools are sold either by themselves or in a kit with a battery. Very nice tool. Since I already wrote about the impact driver above, just refer to that. It’s equipped with some of the advanced features that the top-of-the-line 18-volt model comes with. Spins the screw at just the right speed until it starts to grab in the metal, then it ramps up to full speed to drive it home. That’s the reason I featured the slightly more expensive DT04Z which is equipped with advanced speed control technologies. The expansive breadth-of-line of the Makita 18-Volt LXT® Series means an 18-Volt battery from any LXT® tool will power the 18-Volt Sub-Compact Impact Driver. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. I'm a bit bummed out. Really great purchase. My first impression was that it was a merely another subcompact drill; but when you use it, it is indeed an impact driver and plenty sufficient for wood screws. Makita batteries are interchangeable as long as they’re the same type. The settings on it are really nice and do make a difference. The maximum torque that this tool can deliver is 1,200 inch-pounds. The tool is built very sturdily. 0 reviews | 0 Q&A|Item # mpn4712546363 View Similar Products View All New Arrivals. In all three of these metrics, the top pick, Makita XDT12Z, delivers the best performance. Now I get this tool and it's reverted back to the two handed chuck. $64.90. To my delight it has a push-in chuck. Also, you should consider getting a kit with a battery and a charger if you don’t already own them. The Makita 18-Volt LXT® Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless Impact Driver (model XDT15ZB, tool only, battery sold separately) is a fastening solution with significantly less weight. Makita XDT12Z 18V LXT. If by this point you are still undecided about which Makita impact driver to get, these criteria should also provide you with a good framework on which to base your decision. I also chose the more powerful, 18-volt, tools in most cases since their price is comparable with 12-volt ones in most cases. It’s oftentimes sold for (less than) half the price of the two models above yet performs very well. It only has two speed settings. Very nice tool. The innovative Assist Mode (A-mode) helps eliminate "screw cam-out" and "cross threading" by driving at low speed until tightening begins, and is ideal for driving longer fasteners. Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying This Product: In many cases, an impact driver and a cordless drill are interchangeable. Use of non-genuine Makita batteries, or batteries that have been altered, may result in the battery bursting causing fires, personal injury and damage. You should also consider buying a Makita impact driver if you are already using other tools made by the brand. 5.0. Which is better? Power source: Generally speaking, there are corded and cordless impact drivers. I also think it would be great for electricians when changing outlets and making tight connections.
2020 makita xdt15zb review