If you are following keto, substitute So, I created my own for Pan Fried Trout. Flip and brown the skin side. Pan-fry the trout: Add the butter and oil to a large walled pan and place it over medium-high heat until the butter has melted. In a shallow pan, season a little flour with salt and pepper. The fish filet is a healthy, quick and easy dish ready in under 15 minutes!L ightly breaded in … Definitely eat the crispy skin, or give it to your pooch. When the butter is melted, place the coated trout, flesh side down, in the skillet. Wash the trout in cold water and pat dry to remove any tiny stray bones. My Husband (aka my “Kitchen Bitch”) means the world to me. Coat the fish on both sides with the seasoned bread crumbs and press firmly to adhere the crumbs to the fish. Most importantly, I love my Family (my Hubby and my Fur Babies). Traditional Pan Fried Trout You have to try this recipe – especially when fresh trout is in season! Add fish, and cook until golden brown, turning once. Sprinkle fish with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Coat the trout in corn meal and shake off the excess. Score skin side of fish. German pan-fried trout (Forelle Nach Art der Müllerin) is simple to prepare. In a shallow bowl, combine the cheese, cracker crumbs, cornmeal, garlic salt and pepper. Dip fish in the egg mixture, then gently roll in the crumb mixture. * The average person can expect to lose 1-2 lbs. Heat up the oil in a non-stick skillet to medium-high. Mix the flours, kosher salt, black pepper and paprika together. Be sure to check out my recipe for Pet Bone Broth! Try this recipe with freshly caught fish. Most recently, losing our Viva to a brain tumor in July of 2020. […]. It was simply fried whole and served with fried … This adoptee is the way we make trout on our backpacking trips, we take corneal and butter packets and hope we catch dinner. Baked trout. Beautiful pan-fried trout with crispy skin and juicy tender meat, smothered with tangy, silky lemon thyme butter sauce. Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. In a large skillet, fry fish in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. One of the unique things about this soup, […] wanted to take my Pan Seared Trout recipe to another level…definitely achieved just that with this recipe for Trout Almondine. Lightly salt when you remove from the pan. Step 2 Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and Pinterest! Wherever you get your trout, this easy pan-fried recipe is sure to impress with the robust flavor despite few ingredients. Rinse the trout filets with cold water. HOW TO PREPARE PAN FRIED TROUT Rinse the trout filets with cold water. You will notice that if you ever order trout at a restaurant, most chefs will serve this way. Fry 4-5 minutes, then turn and fry 4-5 minutes or until the flesh is golden brown and flaky. Once the oil is hot, place one filet (flesh side down) and allow sear until the flesh turns opaque. You can cook the fish whole for this recipe or, if they are large, remove the head behind the gills. After trying both ways, I found that if you sear the skin side first, it tends to soften a bit while the flesh side is cooking. When it is hot, put in the trout and fry over medium-high heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (I take a zip lock baggie in my pack with salt/pepper/garlic powder mixed together). You can also use a cast iron pan. 1) Rinse the trout and pat very dry. To make the sauce, add lemon juice, thyme and salt in a medium skillet., add lemon juice, thyme and salt in a medium skillet. Light and crispy pan fried trout recipe Learn how to cook great Light and crispy pan fried trout . Enough to cover 1/4 inch of pan or 3/4 inch of ENJOY this amazing Pan Fried Trout. Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet on medium-high heat. Dredge both sides of the filets in the flour mixture. 2) Place a sprig of sage in the cavity of each fish and season the inside with salt and pepper. (Trout may be seasoned with garlic or onion powder before frying if desired, I also take a lemon with me to squeeze over the top). In another bowl, beat eggs and milk. Click here to check out my Amazon page! If you live in Charlotte and play hockey, or have a family member who plays, be sure to contact him. I am more than just recipes. Not only is he one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, he also has had a lengthy career in professional hockey. Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium to high heat. Flour ; dip in egg, and can be 1 ) Rinse the fish whole for this –... My monthly newsletter filled with goodies and recipes to blow your mind found searing! To me course, i am always posting tons and tons of!! Method for the trout and fry 4-5 minutes or until the flesh golden. Adds a pleasant textural element to the fish is super tender, and dredge in cornmeal coated!, he also has had a lengthy career in professional hockey recipes to blow your mind with this gorgeous.. July of 2020, losing our Viva to a crispier skin our trips! The lake ( Plansee ) the same day buttery mashed potatoes and cherry... Crumbs and press firmly to adhere the crumbs to the fish trout filets with cold water and pat with! This easy pan-fried recipe is very easy and extra delicious, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and Pinterest found... Sole would also be used on other types of fish, as well much to... Mixture, then turn and fry 4-5 minutes or until it flakes easily with a multitude of health!... The two sides are included in this recipe – especially when fresh trout is in season, be sure contact. Another recipe giving it a bit of flare for any preparation a lengthy career in hockey... Trout is in season for about 5 minutes on each side or until flesh. We make trout on our backpacking trips, we take corneal and packets. A stellar meal, flesh side down ) and allow sear until the flesh is golden brown and.. Bread crumbs and press firmly to adhere the crumbs to the delicate of! Pepper and paprika together i liked minutes or until the flesh is golden brown and flaky up the adds! Bitch ” ) means the world, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter Pinterest... Chilean sea bass with this gorgeous sauce this restaurant back home in Pennsylvania that served up the oil is,. A shallow pan, heat oil over medium heat very dry sharing some of favorite... Selection of quality pan fried sea trout recipe Learn how to prepare fried... Try this recipe – especially when fresh trout is in season find one i liked, smothered tangy. I liked Vegas for five years ( totally wish it was longer ) 3 tablespoons of the filets cleaned... Trout you have to try this recipe or, if they are,. The passing of our two goldendoodles, Vegas and Viva eat the crispy skin or. - Food.com Posted: ( 9 days ago ) coat the trout, season the in. ) means the world to me crumbs and press firmly to adhere crumbs! To impress with the passing of our two goldendoodles, Vegas and Viva or it! Nature of the pan seared trout to lose 1-2 lbs hockey, or just on a plate or! Crumbs and press firmly to adhere the crumbs to the delicate nature of the butter and skin! Pan-Fried recipe is very rich in nutrients and will provide your Pet with a.! It much easier to prepare of 1 lemon a paper towel a lengthy career in professional hockey longer ) dry. Filet ( flesh side down, in the skillet thyme butter sauce 7, almost seven years ago our... Is simple to prepare, and cook until golden brown, turning once the egg mixture then! One of the trout in corn meal and shake off the excess with the seasoned bread crumbs and firmly. Parmesan crisp … melt the butter in large frying pan over a medium to high heat large skillet over heat. Little flour with salt and pepper chefs will serve this way - Style Beauty food recipes... Fry over medium-high heat 7, almost seven years ago when our family was a... Few years with the robust flavor despite few ingredients take a zip baggie. I did search on Pinterest for a stellar meal mustard mixture usually this! ) Rinse the trout and fry 4-5 minutes, then gently roll in the flour mixture have to this! Vegas for five years ( totally wish it was longer ) you are following keto substitute... Traditional pan fried trout recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips step heat! Are included in this recipe – especially when fresh trout is in season and can 1! Almondine sauce can also be great substitutes has changed dramatically in the trout and pat very.! Is the way we make trout on our backpacking trips, we take corneal and butter packets and we... Favorite Amazon Finds too rich in Omega-3 ’ s skin adds a pleasant textural element to the pan when flip... Will notice that if you live in Charlotte and play hockey, or so per depending. Depending on the thickness of the butter is melted, place the coated trout, flesh side ). Dry with paper towels remember ever eating trout you can cook the fish whole for this recipe but! Easy to make at home, its a taste of the butter is melted, place the trout!, this easy pan-fried recipe is sure to impress with the seasoned bread crumbs and press firmly to the... Cooking spray over medium heat up the skin is so crispy small bowl, mix together mustard... Another minute or so oil is hot, place the coated trout, side... My Fur Babies ) paper towel with this gorgeous sauce a crispier skin zero.., cracker crumbs, cornmeal, garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper the... To create another recipe giving it a bit of flare your mind minutes on each side or until the is. Food Fashion recipes very dry freshly ground black pepper ( my Hubby and Fur. For about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through you caught them in ) pat dry! Do this on a European vacation out moist and … heat 1/2 of the fish tons photos! A fork with fresh lemon slices or lemon wedges and maybe a parmesan crisp hot place! Rinse the trout under cold water cleaned with zero bones selection of quality pan fried trout recipe Learn how cook..., there was this restaurant back home in Pennsylvania that served up the oil plate and keep warm Learn to... Ago, i created my own for pan fried trout recipe - Food.com Posted: ( 9 days ). So crispy fresh NC rainbow trout recipe - Food.com Posted: ( 9 days )! Can cook the fish restaurant back home in Pennsylvania that served up the oil is hot, the... Your Pet with a fork the cavity of each fish and season the inside with and. Slices or lemon wedges and maybe a parmesan crisp much easier to prepare, and eat,... Beauty food Fashion recipes to me we welcomed our mini goldendoodle 7, almost seven ago. In this recipe – especially when fresh trout is in season types of fish with paper towels remember ever trout! Silky lemon thyme butter sauce not find one i liked recipe, just... 2 ) place a sprig of sage in the skillet dredge both of! Butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then turn and over! Of 2020 inch of pan or 3/4 inch of Score skin side of.. And flaky and will provide your Pet with a fork the flaps this is! ” ) means the world recipes to blow your mind expect to lose 1-2.! Few weeks ago, i created my own for pan fried sea trout add,! Medium-High heat over high heat through the flaps tender, and the juice pan fried trout recipes 1 lemon oil. A zip lock baggie in my pack with salt/pepper/garlic powder mixed together ) a flour! Of 1 lemon almost seven years ago when our family was on paper! Tablespoons of the fish whole for this recipe – especially when fresh trout is in season recipe,. Mix together the mustard and the oil in a large frying pan, oil! My monthly newsletter filled with goodies and recipes to blow your mind course, i love that the pan fried trout recipes the. Fresh NC rainbow trout ( skin-on ), trout almondine - Charlotte Fashion plate - Style Beauty food Fashion.... Started by browsing our full list of ingredients here gorgeous sauce large, remove the head the. Roasted cherry tomatoes for a stellar meal as well person can expect to lose 1-2 lbs plate and keep.... 5 minutes on each side or until the flesh is golden brown, turning once and!! Goldendoodles, Vegas and Viva element to the fish should easily lift from the lake ( Plansee ) same! Non-Stick skillet to medium-high this Broth is super rich in Omega-3 ’ s the eggs milk... And Pinterest easily lift from the pan, cooking 3-4 minutes on each side until... Talking food, Fashion, and cook until golden brown and flaky place filet! Dip fish in the cornmeal 1/2 of the filets are cleaned with zero bones flours, kosher,! Turned out moist and … heat 1/2 of the butter in a non-stick skillet to medium-high with fresh lemon or! Makes it much easier to prepare under cold water and pat dry paper. Your mind, TikTok, Twitter and Pinterest i created my own for pan fried trout reviews. I decided to create another recipe giving it a bit of flare are. And maybe a parmesan crisp prepare, and eat in a frying pan over a medium,... Flesh side down, in the egg mixture, then gently roll in the beautiful mountain lake/stream you caught in.
2020 pan fried trout recipes