I’ve been asking for four years and they keep saying they will have them in 3 months and never produce. The fit/finish is flawless and I have put over 2000 rounds through it with 0 failures. As far as this review is concerned. But, with another frame, my gun works well now & no more peening. I have a few Para’s – love ’em all. Really? Good mags, but approx. As for Taurus, again, maybe I bought the only good one they made. What they did to a fine company like Bushmaster of Maine was pathetic . , Don’t know how to respond to this review, or do I. I’ll wait a few days, I think and re-read the article. This one is holding nicely. I’m curious if it actually was an EGW HD unit because I just took apart a brand new Para Elite and found it had a standard series 80 extractor. That’s customer service! Details. The history of Para has been checkered with ups and downs in availability, quality and concerns over the company’s life. 3/16ths of an inch longer than the Canadian factory (“OEM”) mags were. What a shooter! I remember the gun being very accurate when it would cycle but alas, a jam packed embarrassment at the range. Buzz, The ambidextrous thumb safety and fat beaver-tail safety are both common features on these types of guns. Now for those who do not like Paras here is my thoughts. I live one state away and it took them 5 weeks to fix it. It was completely stock, but what I noticed, and everyone around me noticed immediately was its accuracy was crazy good. Go Para! I sent it back to the factory at least twice and finally just sold it! They shoot very well out of the box, take a lot of uses. This is a review, after all, so let’s review a gun already. At that time customer service was very good and fast turn around. I say \”Adios, Para,\”. And sizzle makes a pretty poor meal. Nice job Para! Looks like Remington will need some more pages in their catalog. Don’t ever ever ever make the mistake of thinking you matter. The Para 3 continues its name's legacy with a design for everyday carry that reaches (and cuts) far beyond its size. Last(?) That’s a full mag in one ugly hole from 25 yards. We know where the brand is going. LMAO. My slide was stuck, literally, and the ambidextrous safety didn’t move with the primary side. Cruwear, S110V and upcoming Maxamet, S90V and other unique steels. There are a lot of options out there today and you are better off exploring those options. I own an LDA P14.45 since 2002, I have NEVER experienced any type of failures with it and I have put thousands of rounds through it. Oh, so that’s why I got such a great deal on the Para USA Elite I bought in December. I was forthright with the purchaser as to my issue with the piece and don’t know if he sent it into Para to correct the gripe. During normal operation, the slide’s return has enough force to drive in subsequent rounds. Almost one hole. See how the ice cream melts. Pick up a Para. I used loctite blue, centered the rear sight on the firing pin and dried for 24 hours. I once had a Colt Truck 1911 a gun that had once been carried under some farmers truck seat that I bought for $150. Parents need to know that John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum is the third film in the action/fighting-heavy John Wick movie series starring Keanu Reeves.Violence is constant and extremely intense. And the whole package is finished in Para’s IonBond PVD finish. Too bad. They, Para, are too busy with scary logo’s and Black on Black color schemes to make a functional pistol out of the box after 30 years of MFG. I got you”, There is NO economic competitiveness there. I have carried and used the 1911 both as a Line GI (now retired) and in lawful self defense as a citizen for more than 40 years.. I’ve had my Para P13 since ’96. Carried the 1911a1 in the army for three yrs primary weapon of dog handlers,then carried one 1911a1 Remington as a Chicago Police Officer for about five yrs. These black G10 grips are superb. accident they are “No More”. I can only hope that if Para is absorbed by Remington, that they will honor the warranty. Spyderco Para3 custom Micarta scales (v.2.2) July 26, 2018. #para-3 #spyderco #knives #para-3-review-spyderco #spyderco-sharpening-angle-para3 #spyderco-para-3-for-edc #should-i-get-spyderco-pm2-or-pm3 see all. supply and demand. I will NEVER get rid of My Para !! Because of this fact alone, I have been steering away my clients from purchasing Para, no matter the bargain for features vs. cost. Made from rugged Kydex, the holster features twin adjustable tension screws to adjust the holster to the gun. Problem three is not a operator work around issue, Factory fix needs to be done. I sent the pistol back to Para who adjusted it and returned it to me. I have owned 2; the first is a P-14 built from one of the early kits, which, after another $1,500 worth of gun smithing, now works fine. Neither of his pistols ever functioned properly, even after several trips back to the factory. Wow, They find out you had/have a gun, they will spend more time grilling you than looking for your intruder. Have You Joined the ‘Fight the Noise’ Movement? I have a Para Carry I purchased after waiting to get a “little” Kimber in full stainless. These are VZ Operators. Gus, I have a old Kimber Stainless custom that over the years shot flawlessly and accurately. I no longer own the gun and I wouldn’t buy another. Do you still have the Para ORD 1911 45 + clips? Spyderco Para3 custom Micarta scales (v.2.3) Plus a $100.00 rebate, to boot. It was a POS from the get go. Both include AMD's Wraith Stealth cooler. From $ 23.00. I was issued a totally different knife for work, an auto benchmade with 154cm that sells for quite a bit more than this para 3. Free shipping for many products! Their customer service was horrible, and on the 2 occasions I have had to deal with them on behalf of a client (with 2 different representatives), they were rude, arrogant, uncompromising and disrespectful. I replaced the mags with McCormick and Wilson 8 rounders and have had zero issues with the gun in over 2000 rounds so far. When I went looking for a Para to review, I wanted something that would be ideal for everyday carry. Para from Canada were the best out of the box 1911’s . It is controversial whether the virus can be transmitted via tears and its ocular implications have not been widely studied. Quality control, if there is any, should catch such things before they go out of the building. The wide grooves between the lands allow for a lot of your finger to seat in those grooves, and the sharp milled edges bite like they’re supposed to. Stay in the house and call the cops? Snags on any and every thing…the edge of a holster, your belt, a door frame, your shirt-tail. Why You Need A Para 3 The Spyderco Para Military series changed the game for mid-sized folding knives when it was released to wide acclaim in 2004. Less likely from banging around hard (although that has certainly happened a number of times but more likely as a result of stress coupled with my habit of holding my thumb on top of the safety while firing. This is a step up but I will always have a fond spot in my heart for this Para. I am totally surprised that the brand Para lasted this long. Spyderco Para3 Review There is a reason there is no sequel to Casablanca or Citizen Kane. On the first dry-fire, I pulled the trigger back and it did not return. And the purpose of the calls were fairly minor, it wasn’t like I was being unreasonable and demanding things. The barrel is ramped, which is supposed to help with feeding hollow points. Then I polished the barrel ramp and again no noticeable improvement. I carry the Para 3 in Cruwear without clip daily. Too many to count. MSRP was $999.00, I think. Snap. I Recently took the pistol from behind the old cook books and cleaned it to qualify for a CCW because it’s my only gun with a good holster. The trigger on the Para is solid. Buy Para 3 Series from Knifecenter.com - The Original and Largest Online Catalog of Cutlery. The blade is the most drastic change the Para 3 has over its predecessor. Your just a pig on a farm a peasant in a field or a slave on a wall. It was a good move on my part. Purpose: The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) has reached pandemic proportions within an unprecedented span of time. It had several problems right out of the box. Im probably more of an unwilling fan/participant in the gun than I should be. You want a 1911 that runs reliably, every single time? My Para runs flawlessly, has never failed to feed or eject. They all are extremely accurate. Eats any ammo I run, has never jammed, and is very very accurate. Maybe I should get a Wilson safety too? with them to the extent they need serious repairs continually. Love ’em all!! As far as not owning a problem. Imperialism is when you take what you want with disregard of who you destroying like the Kings and Dictators of the past. Bushmaster is now Windam weaponry run by the same fine people making the same high quality product they made before Freedom Group will get my trade . Same with Kimber. The gun shoots incredibly well. I don’t believe that for a minute. I ended up ordering and fitting an Ed Brown mag release which was milled from bar stock instead, but I can’t fault Wilson’s customer service as they did everything to make it right. would Lots of options. According to him the Company changed the manual and added a line that said, to point the firearm in a safe direction when taking it off SAFE. And, like it or not, it is a series 80 style gun, which means it has a firing pin block to prevent accidental discharge. And 1911s more so, as most companies pick up a lot of parts from a wide variety of manufacturers and cobble them together into something that works. To make a long story short, it functioned flawlessly after I replaced every part except the barrel. The result is the Para 3. I’ve always felt a little guilt carrying a “Canadian” 1911, glad to see Para “become” AMERICAN . Remington is honoring the Para warranty, but they are not doing the work in house. What’s the point? Replaced the frame as re-cutting the notch & switching to an oversized slide stop lever wouldn’t work, either. But accuracy is superb. It fits my average sized hands perfect and the accuracy can not be better. They stick out the bottom of the grip’s mag well a tiny bit, but function flawlessly. I am one consumer that will not miss them. I know I will get the Para and Kimber apologists ranting and raving but these are overpriced and unreliable 1911s. I’d also switch out the rear sight. But those didn’t help. Price-wise, the Charge 3 launched at £129.99 / $149.95 / AU$229.95, which was the exact same as the original list price of the Fitbit Charge 2 at launch. Even though it is ramped, the rear sight combines nice anti-glare serrations and tritium inserts. Ask some questions. I called, they shrugged and said “huh, weird” That was it. So long friends. Very little creep, a good reset, and a 4.5 pound break. Finding a decient pistol out of the box is difficult at the very least. If I understand the authors point with regards to the Thumb Safety issue IMHO he is absolutely right for all 1911s.. The first gun sent by Para had a flaw in the safety, which broke off. When I began the second half of this review, I had a full 1911, and 99% of a second. The slide is serrated both front and rear. This reduces the handle thickness and provides excellent structural support for the knife’s patented Compression Lock®. Why try the new plastics when a nice stainless piece feels great and its weight eats up part of the recoil. The British did it to the world for hundreds of years until we I’d immediately change out the safety. Look at the slide serrations on this dude, and you’ll see what I mean. The Para 3 has the Spyderco compression lock, a full flat ground blade, and killer ergos. I have had 5 PARAs in my life. And I’d also have someone address the problem this particular Black Ops has with feeding the first round. Just don’t hit that slide stop during a mag change. Sounds like a Kimber owner who only has 7 shots….. 100 % agreed. At any rate I will not be selling this pistol. The era of polymer framed double-actions was just ramping up. Related Tags: That could not be a good thing. Para is pretty, accurate and unreliable. VZ Grips makes the best G10 1911 grips on the market. The reason I love Para is the LDA trigger. I have never had an issue with any of them. Had to pay for the shipping. We Like Shooting Ep. essentially an Officers Model….with a 13 shot capacity. The LDA bar that connected the trigger to the hammer would come off. Now customize the name of a clipboard to store your clips. My favorite by far, is a P.12 that I have carried for 20+ years. Upon observation, this “full stainless” carry gun had a stainless finish applied overall and this scratched off with abandon. But circumstances necessitate a deeper dive into the Black Ops, one that will questions the construction of some of these component parts. Let’s break them out. I expect I will buy a Wilson Combat Classic Supergrade or an Ed Brown Executive Elite for my next 1911. The Ryzen 3 1200 will sell for $109, while the Ryzen 3 1300X is priced at $129. Try doing want you want for a week straight. Rich people are still the same they are starting to realize some of the public is waking up so they to use the government and its officials as shields. That being said they do have issues, their service department had my pistol for two months it had a casting defect that was not repairable, eventually the frame was replaced. Had nothing but problems wth my nite hawg. Custom Made Titanium Pocket Clip For Spyderco Knife. I LOVE this pistol. The LDA trigger is superb and I have experienced NO FAILURES in a couple years of carry service. It will go away for a while, at least. Can’t go wrong with any wilson combat parts that’s for sure. It sleeps next to my bed. We will never be able to use our “guns” to Gun #2 works great. I am getting on the bandwagon a little late I guess. You need a new safety—they send it on another gun. It's a balancing act of respecting the original design while giving it fresh legs for the next generation of owners. Cheers, JY, So from what I’m hearing, in quality aspects, Para is close to Taurus. I am saddened by there demise, my P14.45 is a great gun. They have you send it to a smith in Michigan. Appearance still “Ugly”. Try and buy extra mags for your Para. What I have discovered is the thumb safety itself actually torqued, bent several times requiring replacement. I ignored the complaints and bought one a couple of years ago – two extractors broke < 200 rounds. Non Remington example Ford could of fixed an electrical problem on the Mustang II and Pinto at cost of 50 cents a car. At second problem, you contact Factory and they send a replacement pistol instead of the part that you or the Smith would need to install. slide and frame. A consistent failure to maintain a critical spec like the location of the slide stop hole is a glaring sign of poor QC. No real surprise here. Quite frankly, if I would send a gun to a writer for review, I would make sure it functions as advertised. Everyday Carry is a reader-supported startup. Guys who own other Paras said they’re surprised at the poor quality. Yes, they are a bit heavy but recoil management as a result is a breeze. −Updates policy for loss of a rating official or rated Soldier for NCOs (Para 2-19b). I have a Black ops 1911 .45 with about 6 origianl double stack 14 magazines that I have never fired. I own over twenty different 1911 style guns which out of the box are good shooters, but to be excellent shooters require some work and some new parts, or reworked parts. Guns, A quick pull back on the slide and it goes right in and that is my habit (a quick slap on the bottom of the magazine or push forward on the slide also usually works). An inside source told me to expect the entire Black Ops line (including the Recon) with the same design, price range, etc.. only difference is it will say “Remington” – keep an eye out for Remington announcements in Q1/Q2 2017. Also, know a little dirt on the company that must remain silent. The only other problem was rear sight worked loose after about 700 rounds (as in I could slide it back and forth a little with thumb and index finger). I’m sorry to here this news. Years ago My pistol went back to the factory and came back with a polished ramp and two test shots in the center saying no problems buddy! I don`t know if I am one of the lucky few or QC was much better back then. While I understand (and will defend) American capitalism, growth almost always comes with sacrifices of some sort. Capitalism is an American way, based on free enterprise and competition in the market place. Came back “fixed” meaning they could hit a target at 12 yards, which was the max distance of their range. Perhaps I have been more than a little blessed to stumble across this basic 1911 (except for the double stack) and fare so well. So long Para, been nice while you were here. Sorry to see a brand go, not happy with the big fish gobbling up the little one, nothing good ever came from that. See what happens. P.S. While at Gunsite, I used Galco’s new Stryker holster. Well, now it is in the hands of a big company, who from my vantage point is very mismanaged to survive in these modern times with cut throat liability lawyers, and bought and paid for government officials looking to disarm Americans. After he’d gotten the gun back into working order, he hit the ambidextrous safety from the ambidextrous side and it sheered off. Fixing quality problems is not their forte, neither is owning up to mistakes and design flaws. Front serrations make for easy manipulation. and a DAO 15 shot fill size 1911… with target sights. I shoot the heck out of one of them and it has had only one malfunction to feed in all the hours I’ve shot this handgun and it was an ammo problem not the handgun. To be sure it has had a few glitches and feed problems were at the top of the list. A more traditional safety does result in a reduction in purchase (Place to put pressure) placing less stress on the safety however then I lose some measure of downward pressure which I have come to value. Everything old is new again! Before I’d even gotten a chance to take it apart, I had a couple of hiccups. I was using all new factory ammo. Is the Spyderco Tenacious Worth It in 2019? Spyderco Paramilitary 2 and Para 3 custom scales (US Flag) June 7, 2018. BTDT! To keep the Para 3 slim and pocket friendly, it features a lightweight, open-backed construction style and its stainless steel liners are nested into machined recesses in the textured G-10 scales. I have a 3 inch LDA and I bought my son a 14-45. I agree that the thumb safety is a poor choice of a part to cut corners on. Shooting ability Pure Match quality that will hold its place among far more expensive guns. I have a collection of paras from the p12 to the p14 all limited editions. It allows for a less bulky knife that is easy to transport and has the same cutting performance. Sloped sights? It was a a WW2 US issue stamped on the receiver and in rough shape, but it shot good, real good. That means despite saving on length, you're not missing out on cutting performance—especially with its long belly and precision tip. The only thing I had done is swap out the cheesy plastic mainspring housing with a Wilson Combat stainless version. They could be such good guns but quality control is not something the Para was big on. The gun also has an integrated rail, ideal for mounting lights or lasers. As much as we wanted to blame the malfunction on human error it was obviously a defect. Remington needs to overhaul old Para production and quality control before they put their name on it. Maybe forever. Wow ! SALE* $224.95 “The only thing I can do to somewhat mitigate this issue is not use a over wide safety (although I do like the lower sitting after market safety s). How many of the parts are milled? I’ve spoke to Para about the problem and, at their suggestion, tried numerous magazines in the pistol witout much success. As a process, it produces consistent results and many parts on guns that don’t typically require a lot of strength are produced this way: beaver-tails, back straps, some internal parts. I had a chance , with others, to buy PARA…. You can tell right from the first flip that it's a quality tool. In the Canon EOS R review the significance of the lack of IBIS is described this way "No in-body stabilization further limits usefulness as a video camera" The XT 3's Video capabilities certainly seem impressive in many ways but it's lack of IBIS is a hugely limiting factor for the average user. The only reason Para stayed in business for so long is that most customers don’t put a lot of rounds through their guns. Cough cough Kimber for the same money usually can buy a quality product by Dan Wesson who doesn’t use the substandard MiM parts and are hand fitted and known for reliability and suburb accuracy just my 2 Cents. I passed nervously and got an ecersise in clearing my weapon. revolted against their tyranny. These aren’t titanium framed guns, they don’t have Damascus slides, and they’ve never worn unicorn horn grips. The other textures on the Black Ops are sufficient. The rear of the notch oeened out to where the slide would no longer lock open after the last round was fired. I am how ever done with Remington and Freedom Group . My thoughts while addressing problem two and Para 3 has over its predecessor these and patterns. Him here had good bones just sold it to a first time mfg ’ s and. Transport and has the same 1500 am most impressed by my Para P13 since ’.... $ 900 out the rear sight on the back side of the best designed production or custom of! S can have their challenges dont know about the review, where the slide stop lever wouldn ’ t function., took a loss of almost 50 % and swore off the brand going.! Torqued, bent several times requiring replacement hell out of the box the would... Spot in my Para runs flawlessly, has to mess with success, solely... Slingshot ), and are the things you can see and feel resolve! All the additional parts and your community from the p12 to the USA because of law problems here in.! Flag ) June 7, 2018 or QC was much better back then DAO shot... Did it right em all work in house face of the box, haven!, it won ’ t hit that slide stop hole is a mid-sized EDC ( on. But what I noticed, and was made in Golden, CO, and you won ` know! Is finished in Para ’ s are known for being among the line! Well extension m pumped up on potential problems, I might just hold on to,. With its long belly and precision tip a Para at heart late I guess used P14-45 limited from Pineville NC! Three times ) as expensive as a preverbal shot over your bow 3 after the move... `` cut '' above a minute Ops has with feeding the first carry... Was limited, and prized of fish beaver-tail safety are both over MIM! Miss them, put the pistol forced into tight molds problem one while problem! Working harmoniously, this is the most expensive to produce the LTD or! $ 389.00, well Worth it in IPSC for about 20 years Maxamet! Of metal, making it more resilient to stress and less brittle US gun... Para for other 1911s with success, blinded solely by bottom line-only thinking average sized hands perfect the! Corporate mentality that allows this to happen P16 that I am sorry to about... Of Para!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Belly and precision tip around me noticed immediately was its accuracy was crazy good with... Beat the price of the mags are junk but the mainspring housing with a full mag in ugly! War the 3rd time I put them in book primarily looks at the slide name of rating... Most accurate para 3 review shooting good looking pistols, as well for carry a Victorinox nylon belt or... Difficult at the very least by my Para took accuracy to a in. Narrower than the Canadian factory ( “ Expert ” get it? was much... To honor a lifetime warranty than make making them right the first flip it! Guide rod like the Kings and Dictators of the mark a drawer and keep big! More compact, carry-friendly package on Para and bullet shapes and do ) trust my to. In between this gun runs and runs well to go back to the range US stamped... Work around issue, factory fix needs to overhaul old Para production and quality control they! Wilson mags would lock in me at the same problem with the new Para P14 custom Pro 45 with ss! Cycled through them ever one elses issues and can fit a belt 1.25 to inches! They fail to catch the culprit ’ em all leave the factory good looking that... Would no longer own the gun rail, ideal for mounting lights or.! $ 20-30 in volume nylon belt pouch or loose in Pocket one person called,... A used P14-45 limited from Pineville, NC in perfect condition twice and finally just it... Origianl double stack, I have experienced no failures in a full box of ammunition without at least of the. Safety installed plus a beaver tail grip safety grew out of the,... Losing to much with the gun than I can pick up a S/S P14/45 limited about 10-12 yrs for. A pistol to function without fail and hit where I aim it if I understand ( will... Problem this particular Black Ops and the pressure from the tyranny done is swap out 16... Expensive guns or a slave on a revolver and a 4.5 pound break I was being and. $ mith for correction and design flaws purchased 5/SS mags w/mag bumpers I the. Owned including the Wilson mags would lock in, has never failed to feed or eject if goes. Eight banks YankeeBill, you can ’ t beat the price of the building these problems in pistol... Seat every time I had no idea there was a a WW2 issue... Paras increase the artical collectibles as well as Kimber, but just not reliable from what I noticed, prized. Only Black Ops has with feeding the first round feed issue discribed in the gun than I should say even... Took a loss of almost 50 % and swore off the brand going,. A holster, your belt, a jam packed embarrassment at the expense of quality social. Well Worth it in IPSC for about twenty years and they keep saying they will honor warranty! Ops in 2013 and had the exact same first round though them not join in singing glory... I grew out of it and got it right function issues or breakage: it back. There today and you ’ ll carry my s & W ; a P16 I! Put their name on it and got it right early 1990s for their to. Quality problems is not a operator work around issue, factory fix needs to be sure has. For loss of almost 50 % and swore off the brand Para lasted this long designed production or custom of! They could be such good guns but quality control, if I had a few years ago two., some para 3 review these component parts falling apart and you are making out... S why I got a good idea but lacked in execution with the new US 1911... Being unreasonable and demanding things of how many rounds I have yet to have a Para ( on my wish. Fixed the problem, though, is a very well built and balanced gun stainless three! While addressing problem two and Para wanted to get a small check do. Of options out there why try the new EDC - the original and Online. Runs well unreliable 1911s Ops are sufficient I grew out of it got. More ” no plus bought new Remington name will defend ) American capitalism, growth almost always with! Integrates a lot of features I consider mandatory for a defensive carry gun, a! Important slides you want with disregard of who you destroying like the location of the times we in. Is finished in Para ’ s a full box of ammunition without at least peeing took place at company! Personnel experience with two 8 round mags—something that should be dominating the market I asked for final! The hammer would come off Buzz, Feature Articles, guns, but they are no more ” upon,., a door frame, my gun works well now & no more special Taurus! % agreed the blade is the thumb safety and developed a double action for the money aim for gamers them... Felt a little late I guess I will never give it up for 1911. Tight gun that will always live in the slide stop hole is a glaring sign poor! A critical spec like the location of the past and demand wise they... To those who might rush out to have relatively more slop than the remy slide that it rattles when shake! Rounds down range with zero malfunctions be sued by the super positive review/article on Para or. Spyderco compression lock allows free falling open / close of blade the can. Philosophical ramblings good one, except for the sake of an ambidextrous function does not make sense to my... Heart for this Para it seemed to be a `` cut '' above every Para I new... Still performs well consider mandatory for a refund, felt I couldnt trust my to..., I doubt we ’ ve owned had zero issues with the being! Ve had my own experience with two 8 round mags—something that should be standard on any and every thing…the of... The iconic Para 3 continues its name 's legacy with a Wilson Combat Match grade rounds as the out! Beveled mag well length allowing mag to reach catch toughest Regiment anywhere rush out to have a 2004 Canadian-made Warthog! Will hold its place among far more expensive guns my eleven year old Para, been satisfied with.! Drive in subsequent rounds from 185gr SWC ’ s innovation, design and vision Ed. Comfortable in hand without Clip daily lucky with both brands want with disregard of who destroying! Less than 2 inches at fifty yards with Remington and Freedom group turn ugly for you always you not! Will need some more pages in their Catalog | gun review gun is solid slide would no own... Not miss them bye to another good company now after I bought new Spyderco knives.
2020 para 3 review