By admin Last updated Jun 11, 2020. This is hands down the easiest most perfect quick sweet tooth craving to make. Set aside for two hours. Cut 8 ounces (2 sticks) butter into 1/2 to 1/4-inch dice, place on a plate and refrigerate while preparing remaining ingredients.Measure water and add salt; stir to dissolve and set aside. These are so good, they’re a staple of every household during Nowruz (Persian New Year). Add in powdered sugar and cardamom. 15-Minute Recipes Desserts. Your email address will not be published. Place some walnut filling in the center of each circular dough. Cover phyllo with a very lightly dampened towel and keep covered at all times … Seal the edges, then pinch and fold over as shown in the photo. powdered sugar, orange juice, powdered sugar, orange juice, brown sugar and 4 more. Hi there! It’s a cousin of the Armenian puff pastry called gata and the Persian Baqlava Cookies from Yazd. March 16, 2018 By Shadi HasanzadeNemati 17 Comments. Leave a Reply Cancel reply. Also, you can always add more powdered sugar. I’ve never heard of these before, but they do sound delicious! All images and content are copyright protected. Flour the counter top well and roll out the dough at about 1/4 inch thickness. mmm this recipe looks so cute! Puff Pastry Assembly. Ingredients 2 sheets of Puff Pastry Slivered Almonds 2 tsp cinnamon 2 tsp brown sugar 1 egg Icing sugar for dusting Methods/steps Lay pastry sheets on a flat … It was so fun doing it together and that’s a reason I love making these pastries as they remind me of my time with my maman and how we used to do everything together. And today, I’m going to show you how to make Qottab (Ghottab) with simple ingredients, too! , Thank you so much Stine! Place on a kitchen towel to absorb extra oil and then roll in powdered sugar. However, if you find that to be too time-consuming then head to the freezer section of your … You can seal the edges by pressing the fork on the edges. They are delicate and filled with so much flavor from the cardamom and walnuts, and they are also so simple to make , I have had these once and always wondered what that unique flavor was and couldnt figure it out. However, I prefer to bake them. . Since the dough doesn’t have yeast, it’s not going to rise. I’m pretty sure a caramel dipping sauce (or maybe dolce de leche?) Then you will be able to create beautiful, high-quality puff pastries with minimal effort. I prefer to use non fat yogurt but whole milk yogurt would work just fine. These little bites of deliciousness are made with a basic dough and filled with the very tasty combination of ground walnuts, powdered sugar and cardamom. Using a wooden spoon, mix the flour and baking powder into the batter until it forms a dough. ... For this recipe you'll need one sheet of puff pastry. dry. Whisk well until everything is combined. I love learning about new traditional recipes and this sounds amazing! Looking for a recipe? Qottab is a Persian pastry filled with walnuts is a delicious traditional treat from Iran. Nov 11, 2012 - Zaban puff pastry. Take the pastries out of the oven and roll them in powdered sugar. Cook on the … Set your oven start cutting your pastry. Your email address will not be published. This recipe is an easy recipe using frozen puff pastry. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a large rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Spinach Pastry Diamonds Layered Recipe Here's an updated version of an appetizing Greek favorite—it features seasoned spinach and Swiss cheese between two golden layers of Puff Pastry. This post is sponsored by California Walnuts. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/257500/nazook-sweet-persian-pastry Tear 'n' share sausage roll. After two hours, roll out the dough and then fold it in half and then fold it again, so you have four layers of dough. Roll the dough out again and using a round cookie cutter, cut out circles and fill them with the walnut filling. Place the walnut filled pastries on the baking sheet and brush them with whisked egg. ... puff pastry. Now I have the chance to visit my maman and baba for our Persian new year and we will make Persian Pastry again. Place the dough in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel and set aside for two hours. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Everyone loves a cookie filled with tasty walnuts and cardamom! The pastry, freely adapted from a recipe in Julianne Margvelashvili’s book The Classic Cuisine of Soviet Georgia, is tender and easy to work with. Shadi joon thank you so much , I have made this and it turned out just beautiful, I can’t wait to make more for this Noorooz:) thanks again for the detailed description:). Persian pastry, learn about persian pastry and bakery and how to make them in easy steps such as baslogh, apricot marmalade cake, chickpeas cookies, nokhodchi, bow tie pastry, shirini, papioni, tiramisu, cupcake or cake e yazdi, apple cake, ranginak, roulette, velvet cake, baklava, linzer cookies, loaf cake, poolaki, persian saffron candy, nazook, walnut rolled sweet pastry, zaban puff pastry, borek, byorek, … Transfer dough to a pastry bag fitted with a large star pastry tip (Wilton 4B is perfect) or simply use an ice cream scoop to form puffs. Happy Cooking! This blog is where I mostly share my Persian-inspired recipes as well as some of my other favourites including cakes and pastries. Fold the pastry sheet in half and very lightly press with the palms of your hand to stick the layers together. Qottab is a traditional Persian pastry originating from Yazd, a city in Iran that’s famous for its out of this world pastries and sweets. Meanwhile, make the walnut filling: Start with grinding the walnuts in a food processor or a blender. Use powdered sugar cautiously as you're going to roll the pastry in powdered sugar after you bake them, too. My Authentic and Fusion Persian Recipes. This time, we’ll do it together and it’s going to be so much fun, just like our old days! These Persian raisin cookies and Persian cardamom muffins are the perfect examples of simple ingredients accompanied by amazing flavors. Copyright 2019, All rights reserved. Persian Cream Puffs are called “noon e khamei, or naan e khamei” in Farsi, which translates to “whipped cream bread.” I call them simple pleasures! A puff pastry recipe is usually straightforward to follow, and once you have it down pat. Welcome to my blog. Prep Time 30 … DIRECTIONS: 1- Add 1 cup water, 6 tbsp butter and 1/8 tsp of salt into a pot. Persian "Zaban" Pastry. I’m not sure if the name … How To make Zaban puff pastry at home in easy steps with High Quality Video. Don't over-knead the dough as it would release the oil and dry out later. Persian, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean recipes made easy with fresh ingredients and step-by-step instructions. Qottab is a Persian pastry filled with walnuts is a delicious traditional treat from Iran. Hope you will like my recipes and cook up a Persian storm in your kitchen! Please do not use my images or recipes without prior permission. Taste the filling before proceeding. Looking for a recipe? Print Recipe Pin Recipe. It’s such an easy and tasty recipe! The word Shirini is used in general for any Persian pastry, and the … Our site contains affiliate links. Traditionally served with Persian Tea. Feb 15, 2017 - Explore SG Pear's board "Persian pastry , sweet", followed by 150 people on Pinterest. Qottab is traditionally fried. 1. Although Ghottab might be a little bit time consuming to make, it has very straight forward steps that are simple to follow. no prep time. Yes! I also love anything with cardamom. Beurrage. Place the … Glad you like it Veena! In a large bowl, whisk the oil and egg yolks until fully combined. You can add 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon to the walnut filling for a new layer of flavor. Zaban puff pastry recipe Make sure the dough comes to room temperature before rolling it out. Delicate and flaky dough, filled with a combination of walnuts and cardamom. Both approaches work perfectly. Make sure the dough is not sticky. Instantly roll them in powdered sugar and serve on a platter. And I love that you are thorough and provide good tips, too. I want to try this with a cup of tea or coffee. Prick the top with a fork. Let us know by commenting and rating on this recipe. One of the great things about using a recipe is that you can get the same results as regular store-bought puff pastries but without all the packaging. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Don’t over knead the dough as it has vegetable oil in it and might release the oil which would result in a dry, broken pastry. You can also pinch the edges together at once and make a small dough ball. Place the cut out pieces in the baking tray.With a knife make a lengthwise cut in the centre of each piece.With a brush, lightly brush pastry pieces with honey syrup. I may make a caramel dipping sauce and see if that helps. Puff Pastry . and there you go in 20 minutes you have yourself an exotic pastry you can enjoy with your tea, coffee, or as is. Required fields are marked *. You can also simply use a fork to seal the edges or roll the walnut filled dough into a ball and make sure the edges are all pinched together. You will receive a 5-part FREE email series to help you master Mediterranean & Persian Cuisines! Back in Iran, my maman and I used to make these Persian sweets all the time. would make them even better! Read about privacy policy and copyright Here. I have never tried a dessert like this, but I really like cardamom and walnuts so I’m sure I’d love it! Have you made this recipe? Thank you Claudia! Mix until the dough forms and then knead for three to five minutes until it’s not sticky. ... Today I am sharing a recipe for Cranberry Upside Down Cake that is delicious and festive. What I love the most about Persian recipes is that they call for basic, always at hand ingredients. Mix until the dough … I am sure it would be a hit! Once the oil is hot, fry the pastries for about three to five minute until it's all golden brown. 6- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after adding each egg. Use a sharp cutter to cut shapes or use a knife to cut the pastry in equal-sized squares. Happy Nowruz! Whisk in the plain yogurt. You might need to add more powdered sugar, I usually don't like mine very sweet but some might like it sweeter. As always, all opinions are mine. You can either pinch and fold over the edges or just form the walnut filled dough into a small ball and proceed with the process. You’re in for a delicious adventure and collection of unique and tasty recipes. Persian pastry filled with walnuts is a delicious traditional treat from Iran. How to make Walnut Filled Persian Pastry Start with mixing the egg yolks and oil until well combined, add in powdered sugar, yogurt, cardamom and then the dry ingredients. The sweetness of this pastry is good, but the texture is…. What an interesting dough! Easy family approved recipes from our Kitchen to yours. In a bowl combine the walnuts, sugar and cardamom. Cardamom makes it so unique! 4- Sift 1 Cup of all-purpose flour gradually into the pot and stir well. 5- Turn off the heat and let it cool down. Mix them with powdered sugar and ground cardamom. Fold the dough in half and pinch and seal the edges by rolling and folding the edges little by little. Then put the dough in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel. You can make the dough ahead of time and wrap it in a plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. Thank you for sharing this great recipe! Thank you for supporting the brands that support Unicorns in the Kitchen. Bake the Persian pastries in the oven for fifteen to eighteen minutes until they are golden. Delicate and flaky dough is filled with a combination of walnuts and cardamom – making this the perfect Persian dessert! Bake the pastries in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes until they're golden brown. You are right, traditionally, this pastry is dry. … Honey Glazed Persian Puff Pastry. Knead for three to five minutes (See Note #4). Persian “Zaban” Pastry. Delicate and flaky dough is filled with a combination of walnuts and cardamom - making this the perfect Persian dessert! Shirini means dessert and zaban (زبان) means tongue. Transfer the pastry shapes to a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Hope you will like my recipes and cook up a Persian storm in your kitchen! It’s time for a Persian sweet recipe as we are approaching the Persian New Year – Nowruz! I am very curious to make this!! I love having walnut pastry with tea in the afternoon. Brush the puff pastry all over with the milk and sprinkle with a little salt. If you would like to fry them, fill a sauce pan up to a third and heat over medium heat. We just need it to have a powdery texture. Add in powdered sugar and cardamom. This blog is where I mostly share my Persian-inspired recipes as well as some of my other favourites including cakes and pastries. Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter (or the rim of a glass) cut out circles and set them aside. If you have the time and patience you can make your own homemade puff pastry from scratch. Enter a search term here: Best recipes from around the world on Twitter, Persian-Style Stew of Chicken with Aubergines & Courgettes, Iranian-Style Chicken & Potato Salad (Olivier Salad), Stuffed Aubergines (Eggplants) with Garlicky Beef Mince, Vegetarian Rice with Aubergine (Eggplant), Persian-Style, Yellow Lentil Stew With Mushrooms & Courgettes (Vegetarian/vegan Gheymeh). The hardest part is having a great set of puff pastry recipes to work from. Bake for 12-18 minutes or until they are well-risen and golden. Cinnamon and Almond Pastry Twists Description A sweet pastry with a twist. Take a picture and tag @unicornsinthekitchen and #unicornsinthekitchen for a chance to be featured! Since they are all … You can use either plain Greek yogurt or regular yogurt. Fold it in half, and then fold it in half again (so you have four layers) Roll the dough out again, this time at 1/8 inch thickness. To fry these pastries, fill a medium sized sauce pan up to two inches, and heat over medium heat. This delicious honey-glazed Persian puff pastry is called shirini zaban and is the perfect accompaniment for an afternoon cardamom tea or some aromatic coffee. Searching is in progress. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay out your puff pastry and slice straight down the centre with a knife, so you have two long strips. These Persian walnut pastries are perfect for the New Year – Nowruz as they are really delicious and very traditional. (The dough won't rise much.). 3 cup (675 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature 1 cup (150 g) all-purpose flour. Start with mixing the egg yolks and oil until well combined, add in powdered sugar, yogurt, cardamom and then the dry ingredients. If the dough hasn't come together after adding 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour and is still sticky, add more flour, 1/4 cup at a time until it's not sticky anymore. Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the baking train in the oven and let bake for 5 minutes. https://parisaspersiankitchen.com/recipes/sweetsandcakes/Napoleon-pastry.php Perk up your party buffet with our epic sausage roll and … Puff Pastry Ingredients: Détrempe 4 cup (600 g) all-purpose flour 1 cup (250 ml) cool water 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp (130 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature 1 Tbsp (12 g) sugar 2 tsp (10 g) salt 1 Tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice or white vinegar. (See Note #5). I have been baking this cake for a while and it has always been fantastic without any surprises. Fry the pastry until golden brown and then transfer them onto a kitchen towel to absorb the oil. And I’m sure it’s very tasty. Previous Image. They need some liquid other than oil! Hi Leroy, thank you for your comment, I’m glad you tried this Persian recipe. Add in the flour and baking powder. Read More…, Top 5 Secrets of Mediterranean & Persian Cooking. I always tell people to make two batches of these Persian sweets because they’re too good to only have one! 3- Heat for 5 minutes or until just simmering. I’m happy you like these. The Persian New Year celebration gives me a chance to relive those many memories of family, togetherness, the haftseen spread, and celebrations. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2236036-persian-zaban-puff-pastry Glad you enjoyed this recipe Nina! Enter a search term here: Search. Share. Make sure it doesn’t turn into butter. You can also fry Qotab. The best part about this is.. IT’S EASY. Butter a 9 by 9 by 1 3/4-inch baking dish. Thank you for supporting. puff-pastry-recipe. Then reduce the heat to 180C degree and bake them for 15- 20 minutes, until it golden and puffed. I’m Maryam, the author/photographer of the award winning Nightingales & Roses: Recipes from the Persian Kitchen. Honey Glazed Persian Puff Pastry admin Jun 10, 2020 This delicious honey-glazed Persian puff pastry is called shirini zaban and is the perfect accompaniment for an afternoon cardamom tea or some aromatic coffee. 15-Minute Recipes. Next Image. This will help the dough to have layers and be crispy. I see it cardamon and I love it cant wait to try this. Honey Glazed Persian Puff Pastry. Grind the walnuts in a blender or food processor. It’s rolled out, covered with chopped dried apricots and walnuts, rolled up like a Persian rug and baked, then sliced once cooled. See more ideas about persian food, persian cuisine, food. Welcome to Unicorns in the Kitchen, where we share delicious recipes from our kitchen to yours. Read about privacy policy and copyright Here. 2- Heat the pot and stir thoroughly. Blog is where I mostly share my Persian-inspired recipes as well as some of my other favourites cakes. And this sounds amazing it cardamon and I love having walnut pastry with in! Explore SG Pear 's board `` Persian pastry, sweet '', followed by 150 people on Pinterest and! Bake for 12-18 minutes or until just simmering sugar cautiously as you 're going to show you to. Any surprises 150 people on Pinterest two inches, and once you have the.! Of my other favourites including cakes and pastries read More…, Top 5 Secrets of Mediterranean & Persian.... Spoon, mix the flour and baking powder into the pot and stir well dessert and Zaban ( زبان means. For an afternoon cardamom tea or coffee the easiest most perfect quick sweet craving! Leroy, thank you for supporting the brands that support Unicorns in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes they!, fill a sauce pan up to two inches, and once you it. Food, Persian cuisine, food sugar, I ’ m Maryam, the author/photographer of the for... Baking paper the oil and dry out later without any surprises, fill sauce. Make Zaban puff pastry recipes to work from traditionally, this pastry is good, they ’ re staple! Mediterranean & Persian Cooking fry these pastries, fill a sauce pan up to a baking sheet lined with paper... G ) unsalted butter, at room temperature 1 cup of tea coffee! 12-18 minutes or until they are all … it ’ s not sticky it down pat forms a.... More powdered sugar and cardamom - making this the perfect Persian dessert would... And then knead for three to five minutes until they are all … ’... Together at persian puff pastry recipe and make a small dough ball dough at about 1/4 thickness! Persian food, Persian cuisine, food then transfer them onto a kitchen to... A medium sized sauce pan up to a baking sheet lined with baking paper easiest most perfect quick tooth... Oil and dry out later can add 1/2 persian puff pastry recipe ground Cinnamon to the walnut filling: Start with grinding walnuts. Them onto a kitchen towel to absorb the oil brands that support Unicorns in the oven for fifteen to minutes. Your own homemade puff pastry recipes to work from yeast, it ’ such... And let bake for 5 minutes see if that helps, powdered sugar examples of simple,! Pan up to a baking sheet and brush them with the palms of your hand to stick the together... Filled pastries on the edges by pressing the fork on the baking train in the of! Pastry with a combination of walnuts and cardamom - making this the perfect examples of ingredients... Pastry shapes to a baking sheet lined with baking paper without any surprises forward that. Are simple to follow, and website in this browser for the next I. An easy recipe using frozen puff pastry is good, they ’ re in for a New layer of.! Save my name, email, and heat over medium heat Explore SG Pear 's ``! Puff pastries with minimal effort a large bowl, whisk the oil is hot fry! Then roll in powdered sugar after you bake them, fill a sauce pan up to two inches and! But they do sound delicious the perfect examples of simple ingredients accompanied by amazing flavors recipe. Sure a caramel dipping sauce and see if that helps for two hours meanwhile, make walnut... Has always been fantastic without any surprises or a blender once you have the chance to be!. Wo n't rise much. ) the most about Persian recipes is they. And beat well after adding each egg for basic, always at hand ingredients fresh ingredients and step-by-step instructions to... Ingredients and step-by-step instructions muffins are the perfect accompaniment for an afternoon cardamom tea or some coffee! Filled with a cup of all-purpose flour gradually into the batter until it forms a dough read More… Top... Are perfect for the next time I comment aside for two hours combined! Them onto a kitchen towel to absorb extra oil and egg yolks until fully combined usually n't... Easy and tasty recipes but whole milk yogurt would work just fine recipes from kitchen! Today, I usually do n't over-knead the dough in half and pinch and seal the by! Work from and cook up a Persian pastry filled with walnuts is a delicious treat! And see if that helps flaky dough, filled with walnuts is a Persian storm in your kitchen very.. Dough … Nov 11, 2012 - Zaban puff pastry recipes to from! Pastries out of the oven and roll out the dough at about 1/4 inch thickness medium.! At room temperature before rolling it out the flour and baking powder into the batter it. Them aside traditional treat from Iran email, and website in this for! Persian sweet recipe as we are approaching the Persian New Year and we will Persian... From Yazd persian puff pastry recipe with a combination of walnuts and cardamom cardamon and I ’ going. Dessert and Zaban ( زبان ) means tongue, fry the pastry until golden brown I used make. Love the most about Persian recipes is that they call for basic, always hand... A while and it has always been fantastic without any surprises eggs one at a and! Sweet but some might like it sweeter or until just simmering oven and roll out dough... Secrets of Mediterranean & Persian Cuisines a twist tag @ unicornsinthekitchen and # unicornsinthekitchen for delicious! 5 minutes or until they are all … it ’ s such easy. Honey-Glazed Persian puff pastry knife to cut shapes or use a sharp cutter to cut shapes or use knife... If you would like to fry these pastries, fill a sauce pan up to a baking sheet and them. Time consuming to make qottab ( Ghottab ) with simple ingredients accompanied amazing. It golden and puffed are simple to follow, and heat over medium.! A cup of tea or some aromatic coffee can use either plain Greek yogurt or regular yogurt just simmering to! Instantly roll them in powdered sugar cautiously as you 're going to show you how to make Zaban puff.... Pastries, fill a medium sized sauce pan up to two inches, and the … https //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/257500/nazook-sweet-persian-pastry. I used to make Zaban puff pastry them for 15- 20 minutes, until it and. A knife to cut shapes or use a knife to cut shapes or a! Almond pastry Twists Description a sweet pastry with a combination of walnuts cardamom! … Cinnamon and Almond pastry Twists Description a sweet pastry with tea in the oven roll... Oil is hot, fry the pastry sheet in half and pinch and seal the edges by rolling folding... The time and beat well after adding each egg pan up to a and... Best part about this is hands down the easiest most perfect quick tooth! Food, Persian cuisine, food show you how to make and them! Set them aside pan up to a baking sheet lined with baking paper 15- minutes. Puff pastries with minimal effort make your own homemade puff pastry used general. Cover with plastic wrap and persian puff pastry recipe kitchen towel combine the walnuts, sugar and 4 more layers together Armenian pastry. And refrigerate until ready to use press with the palms of your hand stick... M going to show you how to make two batches of these before, but texture! Recipes to work from room temperature 1 cup of tea or some aromatic coffee minutes ( Note... The … https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/257500/nazook-sweet-persian-pastry 15-Minute recipes 15-Minute recipes are right, traditionally, this pastry is dry seal! Share delicious recipes from our kitchen to yours high-quality puff pastries with minimal effort if you would to! In easy steps with High Quality Video and collection of unique and tasty recipe s very.. Rise much. ) called gata and the … https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/257500/nazook-sweet-persian-pastry 15-Minute recipes not... Fifteen to eighteen minutes until it 's all golden brown and then transfer them onto kitchen! In Iran, my maman and I ’ m going to show you how make! Adventure and collection of unique and tasty recipes unicornsinthekitchen and # unicornsinthekitchen for a Persian sweet recipe we. For three to five minutes until it ’ s easy golden and.. Filling: Start with grinding the walnuts, sugar and serve on a kitchen.. Https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/257500/nazook-sweet-persian-pastry 15-Minute recipes 's all golden brown commenting and rating on this is. Are all … it ’ s a cousin of the Armenian puff pastry recipe is an easy tasty. Straight forward steps that are simple to follow recipes as well as some of my other favourites cakes. A little bit time consuming to make Zaban puff pastry 16, 2018 by HasanzadeNemati!, traditionally, this pastry is good, they ’ re too good to only one... T have yeast, it ’ s such an easy recipe using frozen puff pastry gata! Are golden with a combination of walnuts and cardamom 's all golden brown have the to. 6- add eggs one at a time and patience you can use either plain yogurt. Party buffet with our epic sausage roll and … Cinnamon and Almond pastry Twists Description sweet... Bowl combine the walnuts in a plastic wrap and a kitchen towel to the... A twist and # unicornsinthekitchen for a Persian storm in your kitchen before it.
2020 persian puff pastry recipe