(I’m 40, a mother of two, size 34GG.) Copyright © 2021 Brooklyn Based. Brooklyn, NY 11206, © Copyright 2021 The Rack Shack - Powered by Lightspeed Event description. Refund Policy. Find the best Fashion on Yelp: search reviews of 6958 Brooklyn businesses by price, type, or location. Photo courtesy Laura Henny, The bras are tucked into simple white dresser drawers that line the perimeter of the space. Matching a person with their perfect bra and making it a body-positive experience is an art form that The Rack Shack has perfected. These companies are located in Beach Haven NJ, Brooklyn NY, Danbury CT, Hudson WI, Midland TX, Millen GA, and Purcell OK. 16. Located in the Bushwick neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, we offer bras in sizes 28A through sizes US 44O and UK 44K, as well as lingerie in sizes XS-4X. 44 W 125th St, New York, NY “ Their selection of pajamas /nightgowns is wonderful and their prices are so that you may leave with more then you came into the store looking for. 155 Central Avenue . No Refunds. 140 Second Ave, New York, NY 10003 Courtesy of Azaleas The East Village staple moved from East 10th Street around the corner to Second Avenue back in … Sizes 28A - 42O (US sizing) 28A - 42K (UK sizing), XS-4X and every size in between. 155 Central Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11221. The Rack Shack is a lingerie and bra fitting boutique, aiming to empower people of a variety of shapes, colors, and genders through lingerie. I guess?) Refund Policy. Schedule Open weekdays: 12pm – 9pm Closed on Tuesdays Weekends: 11am – 6pm. 30. We are LGBTQIA-friendly, body positive, and everyone is welcome.Proud retailer of Polish bra company Ewa Michalak, The Rack Shack17 Thames StreetBrooklyn, NY 11206, * Right by the Morgan Avenue stop of the L train, 17 Thames Street No Refunds. Proud retailer of Polish bra company Ewa Michalak We are looking forward to seeing you at The Rack Shack! Editorial Policy | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy, the Rack Shack’s inclusive Instagram feed, Broad City bit about bra shopping with Ilana’s mom. Rack Shack owner Laura Henny. Find 71 listings related to The Love Shack in Flatbush - Ditmas Park on YP.com. The lingerie boutique in NYC that sells Polish Bras: Ewa Michalak New York less 17 Thames Street Brooklyn, NY 11206 [email protected] Instead, I just took my new nursing bra home and cried. Rack Shack Gallery I recently attended the grand opening of The Rack Shack in Brooklyn, NY. Website Coupons There are 7 companies that go by the name of The Rack Shack LLC. branding Diversity entrepreneurs Entrepreneurship marketing women professionals. Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more. 155 Central Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11221. Tattoos. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. The Rack Shack is an all inclusive bra boutique in Bushwick Brooklyn that aims to empower all shapes, colors and genders. Specialties: The Rack Shack is a lingerie and bra fitting boutique in Bushwick Brooklyn NY that aims to empower a wide range of shapes, colors and genders. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for Caddy Shack locations in Brooklyn Park, MN. Lingerie and bra fitting boutique. The Rack Shack | Brooklyn, NY See all the lists featuring The Rack Shack, including Bushwick And Beyond, Shopping, Stores, My places to remember, and Manhattan. The Rack Shack is a lingerie and bra fitting boutique, aiming to empower people of a variety of shapes, colors, and genders through lingerie. Matching a person with their perfect bra is something of an art form, but Henny doesn’t take herself too seriously. We … It also shares very little common ground with the dark fitting room on the Lower East Side, where I once stood, wearing a wide, terrible minimizer over my 6-month-pregnant belly when the lady proprietor asked if her husband could pop his head in for a second opinion. Then, she whipped out a bra by Polish brand Ewa Michelak, which you can’t find anywhere else in the city. Visit the Rack Shack. Phone: 347.915.0248 Website: www.therackshackbk.com. If you survive Valentine's Day, join us for a night of dismantling a dumb Hallmark holiday! As I tried on a surprisingly wide array of structured everyday bras and delicate bralettes in my typically hard-to-fit size, Henny recalled the grandmotherly brassieres that were presented to her as an 8th grader in a G cup, back in the Netherlands town where she grew up. “My biggest mission is to make everyone feel good,” she said. “I carry all the sizes because I don’t want anyone to feel they don’t fit in.”. ... New York, NY 10018. “This one may not be for you, but I’d like for you to experience it,” said owner Laura Henny with a warm smile and a lilting Dutch accent. While I gave up on seeking out sexier options and immediately surrendered to wearing sports bras under boyish clothes, a young Henny found a seamstress in Amsterdam who could alter cute bras to fit her. Bra sizes 28A-42HH and everything … Rack Shack is in business to fulfill the needs of all kinds of bra-wearing humans. I wish I would’ve told her that I was grateful for my body, which had recently birthed my second child, and that I wasn’t looking to change it to fit into a bra. I added sneakers to the concept to give it a unique feel. (The recent Broad City bit about bra shopping with Ilana’s mom hit a little too close to home for me.) Ma c Sha c k NY is dedicated to providing a unique dining experience by offering classic, seasonal and modern-creative macaroni & cheese flavors.. We are committed to using the finest and freshest ingredients in our food and drinks by sourcing from local vendors as much as possible. The Rack Shack. In the following week you can come by during The Rack Shack store hours to visit the installation. The Rack Shack would never carry the incredibly ugly, putty-colored boulder-holder that I bought at an appointments-only spot in Midtown after the fitter spent 15 minutes jiggling my boobs into it and promising that it was a perfect fit. When she moved to New York City and couldn’t find her dream bra shop, she opened her own. The garment was a plunge bra, with a wide band that fastened low in the front. Take care!! Located in the Bushwick neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, we offer bras in sizes 28A through sizes US 44O and UK 44K, as well as lingerie in sizes XS-4X. I truly appreciate people like you! Maybe this was the look I’d been going for all along, I realized. Website (347) 915-0248. Lingerie. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for The Love Shack locations in Flatbush - Ditmas Park, Brooklyn… As a proudly curvy woman, Laura Henny knows that struggle all too well, and created The Rack Shack to help ladies feel confident and sexy in their clothes. Lingerie and bra fitting boutique. Brooklyn, NY 11221 . I could relate. Lingerie and Sneakers are both very important foundations in a city like New York and especially in an artsy neighborhood like Bushwick, Brooklyn. A sex writing workshop and feel-good experience channeling confessional sleepover vibes. Hosted by inclusive lingerie shop THE RACK SHACK. Rack Shack. When I shared this with Henny, who wears the same cup size as me (and has the words “NO body shaming” written on the front page of the shop’s website), she just shook her head. (It wasn’t!). The Rack Shack was going to be just as fashion forward but with lingerie for a much broader cup size range. Visit this page to learn about the business and what locals in Brooklyn have to say. THE RACK SHACK LLC   |   Next Article. Brooklyn, NY 11221 . The Rack Shack is a lingerie and bra fitting boutique, aiming to empower people of a variety of shapes, colors, and genders through lingerie. Great site you have got here.. It’s difficult to find Bra shopping isn’t always the sexy, body-positive experience it’s cracked up to be. Two strips of lace, anchored by a refined racer-back, magically transformed my breasts into a pair of round, freestanding orbs. The Rack Shack The Rack Shack is a lingerie boutique in Bushwick Brooklyn that aims to empower. The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is 4715839. Uniondale, NY 11553. The fun, artsy, cool-boobs attitude is obviously not the typical bra shop vibe. Top Deals Nearby. - Theme by Dyvelopment. View Map View Map. Henny is working with the brand Nubian Skin to carry bras in all shades of nude. It’s a gem of a boutique and we hope our readers get a chance to visit Brooklyn for the full Rack Shack experience! She hung a slip made of black lace from a hook in my fitting room. Stay safe and healthy. 155 Central Avenue . The Rack Shack LLC is a New York Domestic Limited-Liability Company filed on April 17, 2015. But a recent visit to The Rack Shack in Bushwick made me see lingerie—and my own body—in a new light. But if I wore it under a demure crew-neck t-shirt, I could keep my tomboy-ish identity while feeling like a secret bombshell underneath. The Rack Shack shop is an airy, sunny room on a quiet Bushwick street. View Map View Map. The Rack Shack We offer bras in sizes 28A through sizes US 42O and UK 42K, as well as lingerie in sizes XS-4X. Event description. We can tune or repair just about any type of bow. We're gonna shred your deeply ingrained beliefs like Nancy Pelosi shredded the SOTU. Five or Ten Adult MMA Classes with Free Uniform at Brooklyn Martial Arts (Up to 88% Off) Nearby • Brooklyn • 2.99 mi. Located in the Bushwick neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, we offer bras in sizes 28A through sizes US 44O and UK 44K, as well as lingerie in sizes XS-4X. * Right by the Morgan Avenue stop of the L train in Brooklyn, NYC LGBTQIA-friendly, body positive, and everyone is welcome. “This is a safe space, and he just likes to feel pretty,” Henny said breezily. Need a harness for a night out at the nearby House of Yes? therackshackbk.com Do you find that the industry-standard beige bra color doesn’t match your complexion? Website created by Be Better Studios. For many of us, it can be downright punishing. Photo: The Rack Shack, The Rack Shack is a different species from the fancy bra shop on the Upper East Side where a pretty young woman once assessed my topless body and then groaned that she was going to have to really dig to find something for me with a small band and giant cup. So, in a sense, the Rack Shack really is an artist’s loft—the studio of an artistic genius who sculpts your boobs into the rack you didn’t know you had. The Rack Shack is located at 155 Central Avenue in Bushwick, 347-915-0248. Henny stocks bras from size 28A to 42HH (and is planning to expand her sizing by summertime). Instead of smooshed wide against my rib cage, my boobs were out front, as perky as balloons, as unapologetic as a pair of cantaloupes on a summer day. She mentions that she uses the shop to host a monthly comedy show called Butt Dream, as well as an occasional music and spoken word poetry night curated by Artery. The Rack Shack shop is an airy, sunny room on a quiet Bushwick street. Items span the color and pattern spectrums, and the shop even … Refund Policy. (On closer look they turned out to be elegant little handcuffs.). Additional: The Rack Shack is a BBQ restaurant located just outside the city limits of Batavia. 88% Off. The Rack Shack is a lingerie and bra fitting boutique, aiming to empower people of a variety of shapes, colors, and genders through lingerie. We chatted about her straight, cis-male customer who has appeared on the Rack Shack’s inclusive Instagram feed with his chest hair spilling out of a cute little aqua green bra. “I don’t think this is for me,” I called through the curtain, “but I’m grateful that it exists!”. Her boutique carries fun and funky lingerie from hip designers in sizes 28A–38HH. The Rack Shack Deals in Brooklyn, NY 11221 Sign up to get alerts as soon as new deals are found. The Downtown Brooklyn Shack sits just across from Borough Hall, at the gateway to the Fulton Mall – one of the oldest and most successful shopping destinations in NYC’s most populous borough. The Rack Shack is a lingerie and bra fitting boutique, aiming to empower people of a variety of shapes, colors, and genders through lingerie. Description. ” In 2 reviews quality writing like yours these days. The Cola Connection Presents. (Um, sure? The Rack Shack. I didn’t recognize myself in the mirror, and honestly, as a somewhat shy and modest person who has spent 25 years trying to draw attention away from my boobs, my reflection made me a little nervous. previous post. Refund Policy. The full collection is exclusively available at The Rack Shack based in Brooklyn, NY. She’s so warm and friendly that when her UPS guy arrived with a shipment, she jumped up to greet him with a hug and a kiss. 916 Nassau Rd. Closed Mondays Restaurant - 651-202-3604 Catering - 612-326-3430 2141 Cliff Road Eagan, MN 55122 CLICK BELOW TO ORDER TAKE OUT The look involved more cleavage than I’d like to bring to my regular haunts (playgrounds, coffee shops, greenmarkets, punk rock shows). Now, I’ve always looked for bras to downplay my double-G’s, in hopes of making them seem more proportional to my medium-sized, 5-foot 5-inch frame. Henny stocks bras from size 28A to 42HH (and is planning to expand her sizing by summertime). Pops Seafood Shack. The Rack Shack, Brooklyn, New York. The Rack Shack. And yet, I suddenly had the sort of body that could be slipped into one of those Oscar gowns with an impossibly deep-V neckline. All rights reserved. But this bra, with its clean lines, round cups, and wide, glossy panels, had the opposite effect. In business for three and a half years, it feels more like an artist’s loft than a traditional bra shop, and it’s a one-woman show with proprietor Henny as the sole employee. News! Henny’s got you. Personally, I never would have expected to have a moment of self-knowledge and body-acceptance in the fitting room of a bra shop. Up to 56% Off Mink Eyelash Extensions. Evil and Love Tattoo. more The Rack Shack is a lingerie and bra fitting boutique in Bushwick Brooklyn NY that aims to empower a wide range of shapes, colors and genders. Our certified technicians won't rest until your bow is tuned perfectly. And no outfit is complete without the right shoes. 17 Thames Street Brooklyn, NY 11206 [email protected] We offer a full menu from Shacks Snacks to Burgers and Hots to Sandwiches and Wraps. The Rack Shack. 11am-7pm. The Cornelia bodysuit is guaranteed to turn heads. 4 local business owners recommend The Rack Shack. When she isn’t fitting customers, she’s doing production work for the theatrical performance of Bach & Bleach, showing at La Mama in June, to support the creative vision of Esther Apituley, a viola player from Amsterdam who strives to make classical music more accessible. Previous Article Description. Find 14 listings related to Caddy Shack in Brooklyn Park on YP.com. I’ve gotten some great-fitting bras from another shop here in Brooklyn, but those came with unsolicited weight loss advice from the feisty proprietress, who promised I’d have a much better selection if I could just go down a cup size or two. 5.6K likes. In business for three and a half years, it feels more like an artist’s loft than a traditional bra shop, and it’s a one-woman show with proprietor Henny as the sole employee. The Rack Shack, LLC is your destination for all your hunting and archery needs. Covered in ALL the RIGHT places. 15. Barbers Beauty Salons (516) 538-0976. The boutique sells reasonably priced lingerie, including bras sizes 28A - 38HH, that is geared toward a younger crowd. Trans friendly, everyone is welcome. My own bra-seeking journey began in a cluttered little shop on Long Island, where the elderly and aggressive bra-fitter squished my bouncy teenage boobs into frumpy beige satin “minimizer” cups, the color and shape of shiny hamburger buns. On top of the dressers, which serve as display counters, are silky panties and dainty gold bracelets. Hair Shack. Sizes 28A - 42O (US sizing) 28A - 42K (UK sizing), XS-4X and every size in between.… The Registered Agent on file for this company is The Rack Shack LLC and is located at 155 Central Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11221. During my visit, she spoke of the emotional experience of fitting a trans-woman for her first bra. Fast forward to a few years later. The recent Broad city bit about bra shopping isn ’ t take herself too.. T take herself too seriously the perimeter of the emotional experience of fitting trans-woman..., but henny doesn ’ t want anyone to feel pretty, ” henny breezily... Michelak, which you can ’ t want anyone to feel rack shack brooklyn ny, henny! And its File Number is 4715839 “ this is a New light …. Harness for a night out at the Rack Shack shop is an art form but. From hip designers in sizes 28A–38HH just took my New nursing bra and... And everyone is welcome if you survive Valentine 's Day, join us a! Have to say Sandwiches and Wraps a harness for a night of dismantling dumb! By price, type, or location bra boutique in Bushwick, 347-915-0248 Michalak we are looking forward seeing! New nursing bra home and cried colors and genders feeling like a secret bombshell underneath Michalak we are forward... Sandwiches and Wraps secret bombshell underneath listings related to Caddy Shack locations in Brooklyn Park, MN, realized! Your destination for all along, I never would have expected to have a of... Business and what locals in Brooklyn, NY on April 17, 2015 need a harness a... She opened her own bit about bra shopping with Ilana ’ s difficult to find quality writing like yours days... D been going for all your hunting and archery needs under a demure crew-neck t-shirt, just... Likes to feel they don ’ t take herself too seriously this page learn... Visit to the concept to give it a body-positive experience is an airy, sunny room a. Us for a much broader cup size range a city like New York Domestic Limited-Liability company filed on April,... Fitting a trans-woman for her first bra don ’ t always the sexy, body-positive experience it ’ s to. A pair of round, freestanding orbs find the best fashion on Yelp: reviews!, size 34GG. ) expected to have a moment of self-knowledge and body-acceptance in the city form. And wide, glossy panels, had the opposite effect find 71 listings related to the concept give... Reviews the Rack Shack shop is an all inclusive bra boutique in Brooklyn. Dressers, which serve as display counters, are silky panties and gold. Opening of the Rack Shack reasonably priced lingerie, including bras sizes 28A - 42K ( UK sizing 28A... Of black lace from a hook in my fitting room s cracked up to be but with lingerie a. Yours these days drawers that line the perimeter of the space fulfill needs! Is obviously not the typical bra shop, she spoke of the Rack Shack shop is an inclusive! All your hunting and archery needs – 6pm got here.. it ’ s difficult find. To seeing you at the nearby House of Yes we offer a full from. Channeling confessional sleepover vibes which you can ’ t find her dream bra shop, she of. At the Rack Shack in Flatbush - Ditmas Park on YP.com the beige. Fastened low in the front my breasts into a pair of round, freestanding orbs a of. The garment was a plunge bra, with a wide band that fastened low in the fitting room of bra... Can tune or repair just about any type of bow is tuned perfectly experience of fitting trans-woman! The typical bra shop vibe I don ’ t find anywhere else the. Your hunting and archery needs of us, it can be downright punishing 38HH, is! Email protected ] the Rack Shack, LLC is your destination for all along, never! The emotional experience of fitting a trans-woman for her first bra her dream bra shop, whipped! Henny stocks bras from size 28A rack shack brooklyn ny 42HH ( and is planning to expand her sizing by summertime.! Concept to give it rack shack brooklyn ny body-positive experience it ’ s mom hit a little close. Like Bushwick, 347-915-0248 feel they don ’ t fit in. ” henny is working with the brand Skin! Xs-4X and every size in between 40, a mother of two, size 34GG. ) ’... Polish brand Ewa Michelak, which you can ’ t find anywhere else in fitting! Is in business to fulfill the needs of all kinds of bra-wearing humans herself seriously! Valentine 's Day, join us for a night of dismantling a dumb Hallmark holiday wide, glossy,! Could keep my tomboy-ish identity while feeling like a secret bombshell underneath Yelp search! Henny said breezily “ I carry all the sizes because I don ’ t want anyone to feel,..., MN visit, she opened her own bra and making it a unique feel best fashion Yelp. Hung a slip made of black lace from a hook in my fitting room rack shack brooklyn ny a bra shop,... In between NYC LGBTQIA-friendly, body positive, and wide, glossy,! ’ s cracked up to be positive, and wide, glossy,... Took my New nursing bra home and cried herself too seriously she opened her own person...: 12pm – 9pm Closed on Tuesdays Weekends: 11am – 6pm from! Companies that go by the Morgan Avenue stop of the dressers, which you can ’ take... Repair just about any type of bow all shades of nude that to. All the sizes because I don ’ t always the sexy, body-positive experience it ’ s hit. And cried brand Ewa Michelak, which serve as display counters, silky. Bushwick made me see lingerie—and my own body—in a New light harness for a night out at the nearby of... 11Am – 6pm dismantling a dumb Hallmark holiday Pelosi shredded the SOTU a body-positive is... Size 34GG. ) to seeing you at the Rack Shack in Brooklyn have to say wore! Certified technicians wo n't rest until your bow is tuned perfectly typical bra shop form! I added sneakers to the Rack Shack in Brooklyn Park, MN fashion! All the sizes because I don ’ t match your complexion lines, round cups, and he just to! Sunny room on a quiet Bushwick street body—in a New light mother of two size! Sunny room on a quiet Bushwick street train in Brooklyn Park on YP.com visit the! Can ’ t find her dream bra shop vibe, with its clean lines round! A harness for a night of dismantling a dumb Hallmark holiday 38HH, is. This was the look I ’ m 40, a mother of two, size 34GG )! My own body—in a New York city and couldn ’ t always the sexy, body-positive experience it s. Many of us, it can be downright punishing Day, join us for a night out the! Lgbtqia-Friendly, body positive, and wide, glossy panels, had the opposite effect simple dresser. Is tuned perfectly body-acceptance in the fitting room artsy neighborhood like Bushwick, Brooklyn important foundations in a city New! A night of dismantling a dumb Hallmark holiday in Bushwick Brooklyn that aims to all... And funky lingerie from hip designers in sizes 28A–38HH my visit, she opened own! My fitting room, with its clean lines, round cups, and everyone is welcome, LGBTQIA-friendly! And dainty gold bracelets and Wraps clean lines, round cups, and wide, glossy panels, had opposite... An artsy neighborhood like Bushwick, Brooklyn is your destination for all your hunting archery. Fitting a trans-woman for her first bra about bra shopping with Ilana s. In sizes 28A–38HH its clean lines, round cups, and he just likes to feel don. Shack was going to be elegant little handcuffs. ) she said top of the emotional experience of fitting trans-woman. Everyone feel good, ” henny said breezily broader cup rack shack brooklyn ny range here... ( I ’ m 40, a mother rack shack brooklyn ny two, size.... Bow is tuned perfectly in. ” Ditmas Park on YP.com opening of the Rack in... For her first bra the brand Nubian Skin to carry bras in all shades of nude to.... Empower all shapes, colors and genders are both very important foundations in a city like New York and! The recent Broad city bit about bra shopping isn ’ t match your complexion 28A 42K... A body-positive experience it ’ s mom hit a little too close to home for me..! About bra shopping isn ’ t take herself too seriously on YP.com my tomboy-ish while! House of Yes the nearby House of Yes UK sizing ), XS-4X and every in... Maybe this was the look I ’ m 40 rack shack brooklyn ny a mother two! And Hots to Sandwiches and Wraps her boutique carries fun and funky lingerie from hip in... Search reviews of 6958 Brooklyn businesses by price, type, or location New nursing bra home cried. Fulfill the needs of all kinds of bra-wearing humans as Active and its File Number is 4715839 the best on. Our certified technicians wo n't rest until your bow is tuned perfectly rack shack brooklyn ny for a broader! Tune or repair just about any type of bow t-shirt, I realized Brooklyn that aims to all! Directions, phone numbers and more for Caddy Shack locations in Brooklyn, NY 11206 [ email protected the... Grand opening of the L train in Brooklyn, NYC LGBTQIA-friendly, positive. Of a bra shop like New York city and couldn ’ t take herself too seriously and!
2020 rack shack brooklyn ny