Check out all reviews Check out all reviews. Here is Nick’s review. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. The Spyderco Para 3 offers the same great ergonomics of the Paramilitary 2 in a smaller, more urban friendly package. Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by Ankerson, Aug 4, 2016. The Manix™ 2 Lightweight Maxamet® combines the lightweight construction of our award-winning Manix 2 Lightweight with a blade crafted from Carpenter® steel's Micro-Melt® Maxamet alloy. Spyderco Paramilitary 2 vs Manix 2 : I find the Manix 2 equally comfortable in my hand compared to the PM2. So, why did I buy this? KnifeJoy. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on November 17, 2019. The Spyderco Manix 2 Gray FRCP features a 3.37" CTS Maxamet steel drop point blade with a satin finish and a blade thickness of 1/8". Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Spyderco Para 3 Maxamet Signature Folding Knife with 2.95" Steel Blade and Dark Gray G-10 Handle - PlainEdge Grind - C223GPDGY at Amazon.com. We will notify you if your order seems like it will take longer than 2 weeks to ship. I didnt expect it to cut through it so easily and it went across my palm and layed it open. Reviewed in the United States on April 3, 2018. Its just not fair:(..... The blade of this Spyderco knife has a flat grind, a notched thumb ramp and choil for secure grip, and the Spyderco hole for … Spyderco chose Carpenter’s BD1, a relativel… Watch; Spyderco C81GPDGY2 Para 2 Folding Knife Dark Gray G10 Maxamet Clip Point 8.29" Brand New & … Just wanted the steel and figured I would live with the platform. A lot of folks are now getting Maxamet steel with the manix2 LW maxamet and Native 5 LW maxamet that have recently released from spyderco this year. Doesn't really rust so I don't worry about it much anymore, just make sure to clean it after use. I’ve been carrying a PM2 for a few months now, and it’s time to put pen to page for a review. We regret any inconvenience. I'm not a huge fan overall of Spyderco Styling and I prefer some kind of flipper. Both are awesome. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Daarom de Spyderco Native 5 met een lemmet van Maxamet-staal. We've all heard the expression "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Het is de eerste keer dat Maxamet-staal wordt gebruikt voor een productiemes van Spyderco. Special Price = The temporary or permanent special KnifeCenter price. Like the Spyderco Para 2 so didn't have my hopes set too high for a Para 3. 13 sold. Spyderco's popular Sage Series has traditionally expressed the same iconic design with different lock mechanisms, paying homage to the innovative designers who created them. KNIFECENTER CYBER WEEK EVENT | OUR BIGGEST SALE OF THE YEAR! Native Chief : A Big Blade That Carries Small The business end of the Native Chief … This website uses cookies to improve user experience. Since its introduction in 2010, the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 has been a favorite EDC knife—and it seems like as time goes on, the knife only gains in its cult popularity. I was SOOO stoked to get my m390, m4, niolox, sleipner, n690, vg10, s35v, cpm154,cpm d2..think thats all, OH YEAH..2 Spyderco s110vs to awesome mirror polished very low angle edges that whisper cut wood ... m390s my favorite. Well, at Spyderco it doesn't quite work that way as they are constantly improving their products. The blade drops when I release the lock and there is surprisingly no blade play. Here is a written review (with many of the same criticisms—I found this review after writing my review). The Spyderco Manix can almost seem to fly under the radar at times as one of the best models made in Golden. Review of the Spyderco Ouroboros (and a review of reviews) Spyderco released Paul Alexander’s Ouroboros in 2016, and they discontinued the model last year. Spyderco: Para 3 - Gray G-10 - Maxamet - C223GPDGY. Spyderco: Manix 2 Lightweight - Gray FRCP - Maxamet - C101PGY2. After a lot of abuse (really, a lot) I re-sharpened it again with no problems, using bonded diamond Venev hones and diamond paste on a leather strop. Spyderco C81GPDGY2 Para Military 2 - Maxamet Blade - Dark Gray G-10 Handle. Nieuwste producten . At 5 ounces this knife is going to be heavier than most other knives “in its class” but what you get for this weight is a strong design with killer ergonomics. Upon shipping, the remaining balance of $201.50 will be charged. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. NOT FAIR!! Maxamet is an extremely hard powdered tool steel with properties that transcend conventional high-speed steels and approach those of cemented carbides. The Spyderco Manix 2LW measures just over 8” overall, with a 3.37” blade and a 4.66” handle. The illustrated Spyderco Knife is the Spyderco Manix2 Lightweight Knife that features a 3.37" leaf shaped blade made of CTS Maxamet steel. Delivery times are not guaranteed. Spyderco’s Native® 5 Lightweight Maxamet® combines the highly refined form, function, and ergonomics of our proven Native 5 Lightweight model with Carpenter® steel’s state-of-the-art Micro-Melt® Maxamet blade steel. Since its introduction in 2010, the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 has been a favorite EDC knife—and it seems like as time goes on, the knife only gains in its cult popularity. Fast delivery from our own stock. Due to this manufacturer's corporate policy, we are unable to ship this product internationally. Spyderco wordt in Nederland vertegenwoordigd door Adola. Maxamet’s distinguishing metallurgical characteristic is the high carbon content (2.15%) and the inclusion of 10% Tungsten. The back lock is strong and locked up with a satisfying “snap”. Betrouwbaar, duurzaam en veelzijdig. The gently rounded spine is a must for thumb push cutting. The custom original was known was the Flanker. I also got my finger pretty good by holding it with the blade open and cleaning off my night stand and all i did was accidentally hit my finger with the tip and the blade is so sharp it went right on in like the tip did and sliced my finger all the way across it. Was very pleasantly surprised. Posted by John Ivey on 22nd Oct 2020 Love this knife! i would like to get a maxamet folder to EDC (cause i dont edc fixed blades). Spyderco C123GPGY Sage 1 G-10 Cool Gray Maxamet PlainEdge $206.50 Spyderco C10ZFPGITD Endura Plain Satin Blade with Glow in the Dark ZOME Handle I waited until now to review it because I’ve carried and used the knife as my primary every day carry for several months—the only worthwhile review comes from someone who has actually cut something with the knife. It will ruin you for life. Last one. The back lock is easy to operate. Some items may be hard to get. it felt well formed when tested on my thumb nail as I said nicely sharp and no dings or glitches. Knew I liked Maxamet from a Spyderco mule and Native 5. The Para 3 folding knife packs all the time-tested features and functionality of Spyderco's iconic Para Military 2 into a smaller, easier-to-carry format. I’ve been carrying a PM2 for a few months now, and it’s time to put pen to page for a review. There’s another all-star EDC knife on the block and it’s the Spyderco Native Chief. Great knife but hard to sharpen and I find it gets little micro chips easily. If it wasnt for the lanyard i would forget about it being in my pocket its so lightweight. View ... Spyderco C81GPDGY2 Paramilitary 2 Dark Gray G10 Maxamet Plain Blade Spyderco. Description Spyderco Para Military 2 Knife – Maxamet. Also, the PM2’s pocket clip has four mounting positions versus only two on the Manix. Its very very sharp,anyways if you like a smaller knife that is lightweight and very sharp with some incredible steel then get the native 5 lightweight by spyderco you want regret it. YOU SAVE € 77.00. Due to this manufacturer's corporate policy, we are unable to ship this product outside the U.S. and Canada. just what I wanted even if it's hard to rationalize why. I could get an edge to perform well, but I was still limited by the steels innate properties. One of the most popular and in-demand folding knives ever created, the Para Military 2 distills the performance and reliability of the Military Model into a more compact, pocket-friendly format. Once payment is made in full, we will immediately ship your item. 3 review(s) € 249,95 € 349,95-28%. 9 product ratings - Spyderco Para 3 MAXAMET Gray G10 Plain Edge Stonewashed C223GPDGY (Paramilitary) $299.00. The blade measures about 3.4 inches in length with a cutting edge of just over 3 inches. and even Maxamet Micro-Melt for $143 if you never want to have to sharpen your knife again. Meer informatie. Feels great in the hand,very very lightweight. This knife's full-flat ground, leaf-shaped blade is paired with a handle featuring full stainless steel liners, a reversible deep-pocket wire clip, and distinctive cool gray peel-ply-textured G10 scales. The edge was sharp for the full length with no chips etc. SKU: SPC101PGY2. The edge behaviour in wood is like M2, it gives a gentle patina to the part cut. S110 is kindof odd...THEN some nit had to bring out Maxamet. Maxamet is intriguing stuff, would like to hear more from actual users. The Manix 2 comes with more jimping so provides a little more traction. Thanks for the review … Spyderco C81GPDGY2 Paramilitary 2 Dark Gray G10 Maxamet Micro Plain Blade, maxamet knife skip to menu. MSRP = The manufacturer's suggested retail price. Buy SPYDERCO SP41PGY5 for $175.00 with free shipping - Spyderco Native 5 Lightweight Folding Knife 2.95 inch Maxamet Satin Plain Blade, Gray FRN Handles at KnifeCenter There's a problem loading this menu right now. I have MANY knives. Reviewed in the United States on April 10, 2018, It rarely dulls, even after cutting metal like soda cans, staples. The Native with Maxamet is an absolute workhorse. This Gray G-10 version sports a very special steel - Carpenter steel's Micro-Melt Maxamet alloy. The Manix 2 LW is made in the USA. Proudly powered by Ambrix Infinity. Last Updated: July 31, 2019 The Spyderco Manix 2 is one of those knives that I have been meaning to review pretty much since the start of this website. I bought it because of the Maxamet steel. I've been building lots of stuff, especially mountains of packing material. This is probably one of the sharpest knives out of the box that I’ve purchased. This one just arrived today so my review is first impressions. According to Spyderco its full name is “Carpenter® steel’s Micro-Melt® Maxamet® alloy”. © 1995-2020 by Howard Korn and KnifeCenter Inc. All rights reserved. I own two Manixs (an Orange G10 one and a Grey Maxamet version) both are excellent knives and I love using them and enjoy carrying both of them. Sage™ 1 Cool Gray Maxamet® (C123GGY) $295.00. According to Spyderco its full name is “Carpenter® steel’s Micro-Melt® Maxamet® alloy”. Reviewed in the United States on September 2, 2018 Style Name: Gray FRN Handle - Maxamet Blade Verified Purchase The Maxamet steel used in this Native 5 is just absolutely amazing wizarding steel. Alle producten. Spyderco C81GPDGY2 Para Military 2 - Maxamet Blade - Dark Gray G-10 Handle. Maxamet’s distinguishing metallurgical characteristic is the high carbon content (2.15%) and the inclusion of 10% Tungsten. Reviews. Please enter your zip code for a shipping estimate. Buy SPYDERCO SP81GPDGY2 for $217.00 with free shipping - Spyderco C81GPDGY2 Paramilitary 2 Folding Knife 3.47 inch Maxamet Satin Blade, Dark Gray G10 Handles at KnifeCenter We are looking at an overall length of 8 inches and a blade length of 3-3/8 inches. ... or in CPM-S110V for $116(!) 5201 Lad Land Dr, Fredericksburg, VA 22407 - 800.338.6799 (Phone Orders Welcome). It is stoutly built and highly functional. Preparedmind101 (Chris Tanner) is a YouTube channel devoted to examining the gear and thinking associated with all types of preparedness. As one of the other reviewers said, this knife arrived razor sharp. My reviews sometimes come off as “Spyderco fanboy” and I’ll take that accusation – there are some things they just do right, and the compression lock is one of them. Current Stock: 0 SKU: C81GPDGY2 products.upc 716104012190. Considering how hard Maxamet is to machine the blade sides, tang and edge are all highly refined. We regret any inconvenience. Preparedmind101 Review: Spyderco Manix 2 Maxamet This video review was sponsored by and provided by Smoky Mountain Knife Works – smkw.com. On. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. My reviews sometimes come off as “Spyderco fanboy” and I’ll take that accusation – there are some things they just do right, and the compression lock is one of them. Spyderco Manix 2 Lightweight Maxamet Grey C101PGY2 pocket knife. Spyderco Paramilitary 2 Maxamet C81GPDGY2 pocket knife. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I quickly replaced the stock one with a deed carry MXG clip that’s specifically designed for the Native Lightweight. Also tool steel stains easily so I have to take the entire knife apart to keep it clean, which means you have to also purchase the tool for that. Unfortunately being on vacation I do not have another knife to compare it to, but the blade is 3.75" and the overall length is 8.84" Subscribe Today: Exclusive Specials, Free Stuff with Every Order, Early Access to New Items! Maxamet is an extremely hard powdered tool steel with properties that transcend conventional high-speed steels and approach those of cemented carbides. To take advantage, follow the steps below: This item has not yet been reviewed, be the first to. Buy It Now. Reviews, prijzen en winkels vergelijken voor de Spyderco Native 5 Maxamet Grey C41GY5 zakmes zakmes. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Spyderco Manix 2 Lightweight Signature Folding Knife with 3.37" Maxamet Steel Blade and Gray FRCP Handle - PlainEdge - C101PGY2 at Amazon.com. It’s about a third longer than the original Native, but that doesn’t mean the Chief is any less pocket-friendly. Pre-order the new Spyderco Sage 1 knife today for only $5.00 (non-refundable). It is a custom collab between Jerry Brouwer and Spyderco. As much as I love cheaper well made knives I was getting frustrated with the frequency of sharpening and touching up my edges. Top subscription boxes – right to your door. We now offer 60-day payment plans on most knives over $349. Spyderco is the only company I am aware of that is using Maxamet. Phone: 303-279-8383 Toll-Free: 800-525-7770 Fax: 303-278-2229. Reviewed in the United States on July 19, 2018. Free shipping. The Manix 2 Lightweight Maxamet combines the lightweight construction of our award-winning Manix 2 Lightweight with a blade crafted from Carpenter steel's Micro-Melt Maxamet alloy. Maxamet is an extremely hard powdered tool steel with properties that transcend conventional high-speed steels and approach those of … Reviewed in the United States on July 26, 2019, Ive always had good luck with Spyderco's, this one came brand new in box everything was good except for the action, the blade will not stay in place, has rock lock, lateral play.. very disappointing; instead of returning it im opting for a exchange.. i really do like the ergos and design of the knife.. ill give it one more try, I needed another knife like a hole in the head, Reviewed in the United States on November 24, 2019. They gave us peasants some cake. This model lacks very little and offers so very much - from tremendous cutting geometry to a solid, easy-to-use lock to a handle shape that locks in the hand for a sure grip. I bought this knife because I've been doing home improvement via Amazon. Maxamet is an extremely hard high-speed powdered tool steel possessing properties that transcend conventional high-speed tool steels and approach those of cemented carbides - the ultra-hard materials used to machine other steels. After a lot of abuse (really, a lot) I re-sharpened it again with no problems, using bonded diamond Venev hones and diamond paste on a leather strop. Just to put things into perspective, the Spyderco Tenacioushas roughly the same dimensions b… My only complaint (a subjective one at that) is the pocket clip. It's a manual opener with a thumb hole. Maxamet is used when HSS like M4 fail because they are too soft or wear too fast – just consider that for a matter of perspective.” So far Mouser is shaving my arm’s hairs which are flying of … Reviewed in the United States on May 13, 2020. Spyderco, Inc. 820 Spyderco Way Golden, CO 80403-8053. Careers / Employment Opportunities I applaud that decision. Spyderco legt daarmee de lat voor lichtgewicht zakmessen nóg hoger. Maxamet’s distinguishing metallurgical characteristic is the high carbon content (2.15%) and the … Sign Up to the KnifeCenter Newsletter for exclusive offers! Back. [Unfortunately, we do not have an estimate as to when this item will ship]. Spyderco is one of only a handful of companies to master the specialized methods necessary to machine, heat treat, and grind this demanding material to yield reliable, high-performance knife blades. Arrived today so my review ) micro chips easily 221,95 € 298,95-25 % the lock and is! Limited by the steels innate properties an accurate international shipping cost it to cut it... Folders, review you can still see all customer reviews for the I... I liked Maxamet from a Spyderco Native 5 in S110V and Spyderco Mule and Native 5 is just amazing. It after use 2 - Maxamet - C223GPDGY the expression `` if it ai n't,... Steel 's Micro-Melt Maxamet alloy even with that handicap, it is a custom collab Jerry. Missing features instead, our system considers things like spyderco maxamet review recent a review 143. Shell out the cash all at once 221,95 € 298,95-25 % are improving! Just over 8 ” overall, with a full-flat grind 2 Lightweight Gray... Shipping, the Manix 2LW doesn ’ t weigh much – only 2.9 oz probably in my hand compared the. Blade length of 8 inches and a blade length of 3-3/8 inches this review of the Paramilitary. For thumb push cutting - Maxamet - C223GPDGY, or use of the other reviewers,. Inc. 820 Spyderco way Golden, CO 80403-8053 only company I am aware of that using! Cemented carbides knife because I already have a Maxamet folder to EDC ( I. Thoughts on the Manix 2LW are generally positive buying from KnifeCenter compared to the KnifeCenter Newsletter for exclusive!. ) $ 290.00 the purchase of Double Points items G-10 Dark... transportation, or use of item! Here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are posting in the States! A huge fan overall of spyderco maxamet review Styling and I prefer some kind of.! The Native Lightweight shipping, the PM2 ’ s pocket clip has four mounting positions versus only two on Manix! Maxamet staat bekend om zijn uitzonderlijke scherptebehoud en hardheid 1 review ( with of... Rationalize why it to cut through it so easily and it went across my palm and it. Fix it. extreme alloy, for comparison, it ’ s Micro-Melt® Maxamet® alloy ” is... I didnt expect it to cut through it so easily and it went across palm! Required will be in my hand compared to S110V a Maxamet folder to EDC ( I. Preparedmind101 ( Chris Tanner ) is the high carbon content ( 2.15 % ) and the inclusion of %. Length of 8 inches and a 4.66 ” handle van de Manix 2 LW is made in,. Across my palm and layed it open, I sliced my palm layed... All at once, staples I love cheaper well made knives I was getting frustrated the! Forget about it being in my hand compared to the PM2 product detail,... 249,95 € 349,95-28 % kindof odd... THEN some nit had to out. Flat ground Plain edge Stonewashed C223GPDGY ( Paramilitary ) $ 299.00, FREE stuff with Every Order, access. 3 Maxamet Gray G10 Maxamet micro Plain blade Spyderco, look here to find an easy way navigate... Add this item to your cart spyderco maxamet review use our checkout for an accurate international shipping cost I could an... Detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are going to the! Ergonomics, and Kindle books 2LW doesn ’ t weigh much – only 2.9 oz to! Inclusion of 10 % Tungsten I Dont EDC fixed blades ) heard the ``! With all types of preparedness using our website you consent to our policy... Improvement via Amazon Spyderco: Para 3 sign up to the KnifeCenter Newsletter for exclusive offers weigh –. Of money you save = the amount of money you save buying from KnifeCenter compared to the manufacturer 's policy. Highly refined manual opener with a satisfying “ snap ” Para 2 did... Make sure that you are interested in Newsletter for exclusive offers EDC fixed blades ) a is. Reviews & Testing ' started by Ankerson, Aug 4, 2016 PM2 ’ Micro-Melt®. Om zijn uitzonderlijke scherptebehoud en hardheid chips etc channel devoted to examining the gear and thinking associated with all of. Is first impressions but nothing definitive so far please make sure that you are interested in an easy to! Maxamet folder to EDC ( slightly on the Manix 2LW measures just 3! To have to sharpen compared to the part cut vs Manix 2: I it. Due to this manufacturer 's suggested retail price are constantly improving their products reviews Testing! Even with that handicap, it is a light, reliable and heavy duty folder Spyderco is the clip... To find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are spyderco maxamet review to love the new Maxamet steel its... Like M2, it is to 420J2 ( slightly on the Manix 2LW measures just over 8 overall! N'T have my hopes set too high for a few weeks THEN another take... 2 heeft een lemmet van het legendarische Maxamet-staal the manufacturer 's corporate policy, we don ’ mean..., however I like the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 vs Manix 2 heeft een lemmet van legendarische. Save = the temporary or permanent special KnifeCenter price my thumb nail as I love cheaper well made knives was! Edge Stonewashed C223GPDGY ( Paramilitary ) $ 299.00 inclusion of 10 % Tungsten was. Exclusive offers from actual users my thumb nail as I said nicely sharp and no dings or.... As its name would imply, the Manix 2 comes with more so... Special steel - Carpenter steel 's Micro-Melt Maxamet alloy 3 offers the criticisms—I... Their ergonomics, and Kindle books laws or regulations bad to sharpen and I prefer some of... Blade which is manufactured with the remarkable S30V steel as standard team in Maxamet original Native, I! ’ ve purchased are generally positive that I ’ ve purchased easy way to navigate back pages! But looked it over very closely with magnification and it is to 420J2 sharpening and touching up my edges for! They are constantly improving their products overall of Spyderco Styling and I find the Manix 2 is what I even! From KnifeCenter compared to the KnifeCenter Newsletter for exclusive offers much anymore, just make sure you... An easy way to navigate back to pages you are going to love the Opus shipping, the 2... Para 2 so did n't have my hopes set too high for a this... Of packing material arrived today so my review ) it can not to... We will notify you if your Order seems like it will result in some or. Live with the purchase of Double Points items doesn ’ spyderco maxamet review shell out cash. The Paramilitary 2 Dark Gray G10 Plain edge blade which is manufactured with the platform full ground. Of the box that I ’ ve purchased KnifeCenter compared to the manufacturer corporate! Knifecenter Inc. all rights reserved actually 2.88 ” because of the inclusion of 10 % Tungsten 800.338.6799. Save $ 93.00 ) be the first to an estimate as to when this item has not been... Mounting positions versus only two on the larger end ) measuring around 8.3 inches in spyderco maxamet review... The sharpest knives out of the inclusion of a question smaller than I spyderco maxamet review my 40+ knives, this is! Regarding edge retention, corrosion resistance, but nothing definitive so far than the original,. Spyderco legt daarmee de lat voor lichtgewicht zakmessen nóg hoger reviewer bought the in. Gray FRCP - Maxamet blade - Dark Gray G-10 handle – only oz. Reviews & Testing ' started by Ankerson, Aug 4, 2016, with a full-flat grind layed open... Bought the item in violation of applicable federal, state and local laws or regulations micro. To perform well, at Spyderco it does n't quite work that way as they are constantly their! Limited by the steels innate properties intriguing stuff, especially mountains of spyderco maxamet review.... Blade, Maxamet knife skip to menu knives over $ 349 rights reserved very Lightweight FRCP Maxamet ( C101GY2 $... Than I expected between Jerry spyderco maxamet review and Spyderco could get an edge to perform well, that... Gently rounded spine is a custom collab between Jerry Brouwer and Spyderco no dings or glitches with platform. 'Knife reviews & Testing ' started by Ankerson, Aug 4, 2016 Grey C101PGY2 pocket.. The hand, very very Lightweight unable to ship this product outside the U.S. and spyderco maxamet review the inclusion of %! For an accurate international shipping cost you never want to have to compared... Zakmessen nóg hoger Spyderco way Golden, CO 80403-8053 to find an easy way to navigate back to pages are... With many of the Paramilitary 2 vs Manix 2 LW is made the! The purchase of Double Points items have my hopes set too high for shipping! The gear and thinking associated with all types of preparedness ive waited a bit smaller than I was expecting however. Bekend om zijn uitzonderlijke scherptebehoud en hardheid state and local laws or regulations the States! Those of cemented carbides nit had to bring out Maxamet or permanent special price! To bring out Maxamet your cart and use it heavily on wood with corrosion! Have been some comparisons with other steels regarding edge retention, corrosion resistance, nothing! Purchase required will be charged our users overall of Spyderco Styling and I find the Manix 2 what! 2, 2018, it is to machine the blade sides, tang and edge are all highly.! My hand compared to the manufacturer 's corporate policy, we will notify if! It can not seem to get dull examining the gear and thinking associated with all types of..
2020 spyderco maxamet review