If only time could stand still. While his Canadian Coast to Coast tv-shows have been put out on DVD a zillion times by as many different company's, The Tiger did a lot of other series & tv-specials (This is Tom Jones, The Right Time, Born to be me, An audience with Tom Jones...) of … If you are a fan of great classic music, get your hands on a copy of the Time Life collections. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Use the HTML below. This distinction is clearly evident in This is Tom Jones. The series ran between 1969 and 1971 to total 65 color episodes. Reviewed in the United States on November 26, 2012. You can also watch Tom Jones on demand at Amazon Prime, Amazon, Vudu, iTunes online. The first, This Is Tom Jones (1969 Tom Jones Variety Special #6 Air Date: August 28, 1971 ... Current TV Shows By Metascore By User Score. Donovan Leitch is perhaps best know for his 1968 hit, “Atlantis”. Bluetooth Speakerphone -Daisy Chain/Use Alone up to 16 attendees, ZXZB C7 Professio... To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Apartment building investing is the only way to financial freedom with real estate. So no surprise, then, that we’d post another clip from the Welsh singer’s vintage This Is Tom Jones variety series which ran in the U.S. from 1969-1971. I managed to get several of the dvd sets and I was not disappointed. Tom Jones Variety Special #7 Air Date: September 4, 1971. tbd. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Jones, who was just 28 when the first show aired in February, 1969, displays remarkable versatility, taking on everything from Broadway ("Somewhere," with Leslie Uggams) and torch standards ("Angel Eyes") to stone R&B (Bobby "Blue" Bland's "Turn on Your Lovelight"), soul ("In the Midnight Hour"), pop ("What's New, Pussycat?" S3:E22. Reviewed in the United States on March 22, 2020. How to Be Debt Free: A simple plan for paying off debt: car loans, student loan rep... Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing: The Blueprint To Quitting Your Job Wi... Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Stevie Wonder The Voice UK Tom Jones TV Reviewed in the United States on March 6, 2012. Was this review helpful to you? The Voice UK, which first aired on BBC One in 2012 before moving to ITV three years ago, is entering its tenth series, with artists w2ill.i.am, Olly Murs, Anne-Marie and Tom Jones … Tom Jones & Lainie Kazan duet on "Passing Strangers". You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Topverkoop ! (1969–1971). On that basis alone I recommend this collection, and must add, she was in perfect voice for the two songs included. Yes, there are some "missing pieces" in this set (varying show lengths, deleted sequences), but considering that Jones and his [first season] show were true entertainment business phenomenons, and that only small excerpts have been available, at least domestically as far as I know, well, sit back and enjoy - though TJ's "Land of a Thousand Dances" could get Debby Boone fans to jump up and do the Mashed Potatoes. Is This Is Tom Jones worth watching? This January, put your resolutions on hold and dive into some great streaming picks. Get a sneak peek of the new version of this page. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 30, 2017, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 25, 2007. So I am very thankful for this set and would hope that Time Life will keep them coming I believe there is a few of us who are greatful. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Welsh singer Tom Jones starred in his own variety series titled, This Is Tom Jones which was filmed in both Los Angeles and London, England. This Is Tom Jones is an ATV variety series starring Tom Jones. Welsh singer Tom Jones starred in his own variety series titled, This Is Tom Jones which was filmed in both Los Angeles and London, England. This Is Tom Jones Volume 2: Legendary Performers, Eat Popcorn Watch Movies Ignore the World - Movies Lovers T-Shirt, Dean Martin Celebrity Roast-Collectors Edition. After viewing these shows you'll wish it could still be this way. This 3 DVD set captures all his swagger and sex appeal. Tom Jones & Jo Ann Worley duet on "You Are Woman, I Am Man". Heel leuk om op deze manier te handelen! Tom Jones full list of movies and tv shows in theaters, in production and upcoming films. Where do I stream Tom Jones online? Previous page of related Sponsored Products, this being the main reason I ordered this compilation of the best few shows on a DVD set, Reviewed in the United States on December 17, 2014. I remember this series from it's first showing when I was quite young, it was essential viewing certainly from my mothers view point. Please try again. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Featuring guest performances from Little Richard, Stevie Wonder, and Aretha Franklin, this set is a collector's treasure. The series premiered on Thu Jan 09, 1969 on ITV1 and Petula Clark / Big Jim Sullivan / The Ace Trucking Company (S03E16) last aired on Fri Jan 15, 1971. It probably goes without saying the star of the show was none other than the charismatic powerhouse voiced Tom Jones himself. This Is Tom Jones is an ATV variety series starring Tom Jones. Tom is a master class teacher of all vocalists and when you see this DVD you will not be able to argue. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? We all would have preferred to see the complete episodes of "This Is Tom Jones" but the fact is that when you have shows where music is involved (because of copyright issues) most likely this is what you are going to get. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Subtitled Rock 'n' Roll Legends, this three-disc set spotlights eight separate episodes (one of which, featuring a performance of "Pinball Wizard" by the Who, is a black & white kinescope). We’ve previously posted Classic Videos of Tom Jones performing with Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young and a teenaged Stevie Wonder.. He has hosted three variety series. This Is Tom Jones This Is Tom Jones is an ATV variety series starring Tom Jones. Interspersed were comedy segments often by Ace Trucking Company which featured rising talents Fred Williard and Patti Deutsch. Considered one of the most memorable of the many short lived variety shows that aired in the 60's and 70's - This Is Tom Jones brought the legendary crooner and his famous voice into American homes as well as being aired in several other countries throughout the world. Straight talk on getting debt-free - everything you need right here! But instead of putting the set down I'm actually happy to at least get some of it, I mean if not for Time Life releasing this set I would have never had the chance to watch Tom Jones perform "Somewhere" (from "West Side Story') with Leslie Uggam as well as Tom performing a duet with Stevie Wonder, among other great stuff, is just priceless. Tom Jones, a man who oozed charisma thanks to his powerhouse voice and slick stage moves, hosted his own weekly musical variety show from 1969 to 1971. Please try again. This Is Tom Jones: Legendary Performers is a 3-DVD set of the best moments from Tom Jones trend-setting variety show on ABC from 1969 - 1971. Janis was an absolute revelation to all of us growing up in the late 1960s, and though her live singing performances were uneven and her condition on stage was a chancy proposition at best, from belting out acid rock at Monterey to stumbling around stage drunk those final summer concerts in 1970, there was one constant that always surrounded her to us kids; she was Janis and no matter how she performed, we loved her. Performances by artists from every genre, Rock, Country, Jazz, Gospel and other types of music, this hour of entertainment brought us some of the most unusual performances on TV. Considered one of the most memorable of the many short lived variety shows that aired in the 60's and 70's - This Is Tom Jones brought the legendary crooner and his famous voice into American homes as well as being aired in several other countries throughout the world. He starred in the 1970 comedy film, “Watermelon Man”. The series first aired on November 9, 1997. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. The only weak participants are the resident comedy troupe The Ace Trucking company but it's a minor gripe. With Tom Jones, The Mike Sammes Singers, Sue Glover, Sunny Leslie. The show was produced in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.The format of the show was for Tom Jones to perform his old hits and solo covers, in addition to new songs with special duet partners. Tom Jones & Bobby Goldsboro duet on "Sea Of Heartbreak". Janis alone is worth more than the price of this set, no matter what the cost. A clip from a 1969 episode of the This Is Tom Jones variety series is a duet between the Welsh singing sensation and the blues goddess 'This Is Tom Jones' was an ATV/ABC variety show which run for a couple of years between 1969-71. Performances by artists from every genre, Rock, Country, Jazz, Gospel and other types of music, this hour of entertainment brought us some of the most unusual performances on TV. Tom Jones is a series that is currently running and has 1 seasons (6 episodes). Tom Jones has contributed to the soundtracks of over 130 different productions (including television, films, plays, cartoons, and even video games), and has been known to occasionally act (usually either as himself or in bit parts). and, of course, "It's Not Unusual"), and rock ("Lodi," "Lucille") and doing a credible job on all of it, notwithstanding a patina of Vegas glitz. This is a real treat for all fans of Tom Jones! Title: Throwing it back to my TV series ‘This Is Tom Jones’ in 1969 with the rockin’ Moody Blues. The show was produced in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Add the first question. Jones introduces each episode with a brief reminiscence; a 2007 interview with the singer is among the scant other bonus material. Get rid of your debt with a simple, step-by-step plan that anyone can follow. Tom Jones was a syndicated television variety show, hosted by Tom Jones, that aired during the 1980-1981 television season. DVD van zéér goede kwaliteit !!! Note: Godfrey Cambridge is a comedian. Jones was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for "Best Actor In a Television Series - Musical or Comedy" in 1969. The shows guest are a bit corny now but I still enjoy hearing him sing. Watch full episodes of This Is Tom Jones and get the latest breaking news, exclusive videos and pictures, episode recaps and much more at TVGuide.com. Available for the first time on DVD, these shows spotlight such triple-threat (singer-dancer-actor) entertainers as Sammy Davis Jr. and Liza Minnelli, along with Jerry Lee Lewis, one of the greatest movers and shaker in all popular music. While not a major fan of Tom Jones, more due to his choice in musical material than any lack of vocal talent, of which I have always been greatly impressed, his television show from 1969 was one of the few variety programs at the time that featured musical guests not often appearing on other shows of the day; this being the main reason I ordered this compilation of the best few shows on a DVD set. Reviewed in the United States on July 1, 2007. — Tom Jones (@RealSirTomJones) January 2, 2021 Meanwhile, for old time’s sake, check out Wonder’s appearance on “This Is Tom Jones” back in 1969. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 5, 2015, DVD 2 is slightly damaged with a mark on screen. The concert segments are the best part but anytime Tom gets a-hold of a song you are in for a few moments with the best. And if you love feeling nostalgic you will be please with this set too. There's a problem loading this menu right now. This Is Tom Jones (TV Series 1969–1971) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb. Jones was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Since it isn't as easy to find in stores like it once was, it's totally worth the price here. Twenty four episodes of the show were produced. Jones also duets with Joe Cocker ("Delta Lady"), Little Richard (a medley of his classics), Stevie Wonder (then on the verge of his '70s creative explosion), and Burt Bacharach; and while appearances by comedians like Peter Sellers, a then-unknown Richard Pryor, Pat Paulsen, the Committee (with Howard Hesseman), and the Ace Trucking Company (with Fred Willard) deliver a few chuckles, in the end, this one's all about the music. None is complete; judicious (and sometimes not) editing limits the focus to the musical and comedic portions, and that's by and large a good thing. Tom's singing is worth the price of the DVD...Get it now while it's available. Considering the social and historical contexts from which the show emerged, Tom Jones' TV series might be … Then of course there's Mr Jones who is in excellent form throughout. The format of the show was for Tom Jones to perform his old hits and solo covers, in addition to new songs with special duet partners. This is Tom Jones is a 60 minute starring 'Mama' Cass Elliot and Tom Jones. The series was exported to the United States by ITC Entertainment and was networked there by ABC. This FAQ is empty. This is Tom Jones: awards, nominations, photos and more at Emmys.com. Tom Jones [1] was a syndicated television variety show, hosted by Tom Jones, that aired during the 1980-1981 television season.Twenty four episodes of the show were produced. The talent appearing were at the top of their game, personally invited by Tom to share the stage with him, the guests were from both sides of the pond and was filmed in the UK and the US - Those included Janis Joplin, Joe Cocker, Aretha Franklin, Ella Fitzgerald, Jerry Lee Lewis, Stevie Wonder, The Moody Blues, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, The Who, Bobbi Gentry, Cher, The Bee Gee's and dozens more with comedy provided by the likes of Richard Prior, George Carlin and Peter Sellers. View production, box office, & company info, Some Music That Slipped through the Culture Cracks, Walt Disney World Turns 40: A tribute from a life-long fan and a 40-year cast member, Best American Broadcasting Company (ABC for short) TV Series, 20 to 1: Adults Only 20 to 01: Hottest Stars on the Planet. Mainly, above all the other rock acts included on this collection, it was my teenage idol Janis Joplin and my well remembered viewing of her appearance back in my high school days, both the original airing and the summer rerun, that had me rushing off my order. ... All the TV Shows Canceled or … I always enjoyed Tom Jones performances and watched all his shows years ago. This … Performances by artists from every genre, Rock, Country, Jazz, Gospel and other types of music, this hour of entertainment brought us some of the most. The series ran between 1969 and 1971 to total 65 color episodes. --Sam Graham. A typical variety show featuring music by both guests and the host. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Tom Jones #2 Karaoke Disc - Legends Series CDG, LEGENDS Karaoke CDG Vol.127 All Choice Hits of TOM JONES, Big John and the Island of Bones (Big John Series Book 2). Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Summary: Welcome to the This is Tom Jones guide at tv.comWelsh singer Tom Jones starred in his own variety series titled, This Is Tom Jones which was filmed in both Los Angeles and London, England. Tom Jones is available for streaming on BBC, both individual episodes and full seasons. Watch Tom Jones and Janis Joplin Tear It Up. 0 of 0 people found this review helpful. Edit. Track Listings: It's Not Unusual (several versions), -- Tom Jones with Burt Bacharach What the World Needs Now Is Love, -- Tom Jones with Burt Bacharach Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head, -- Tom Jones with Burt Bacharach Green Grass of Home, -- Tom Jones You Came a Long Way from St. Louis, -- Janis Joplin with TJ We Can Work It Out, -- Little Richard Jenny, Jenny/Rip It Up/Send Me Some Lovin'/Good Golly, Miss Molly, -- Little Richard with TJ For Once In My Life, -- Stevie Wonder I Say A Little Prayer For You, Tom is terrific throughout This is Tom Jones, a collection culled from the Welsh singer's late '60s-early '70s ABC television series. It probably goes without saying the star of the show was none other than the charismatic powerhouse voiced Tom Jones himself. It shows you how far dumbed-down we have gotten from having real talent these days. Unable to add item to List. The series was exported to the United States by ITC Entertainment and was networked there by ABC. The series was exported to the United States by ITC Entertainment and was networked there by ABC. The DVD has a selection button on it that will let you choose "music only" and it cuts through all the ho-hum comedy skits right into the heart of it all- Tom singing powerfully! 'This Is Tom Jones' was an ATV/ABC variety show which run for a couple of years between 1969-71. But the high points come from his partnerships with the titular legends, especially Janis Joplin (their duet on Eddie Floyd's "Raise Your Hand" rocks) and Aretha Franklin (then at the peak of her powers, Aretha is fine on "I Say a Little Prayer," but her volcanic pairing with Jones on "See Saw" and her own, gospel-tinged "Spirit in the Dark" is the undoubted high point of the entire DVD set). The last of the classic variety shows and one of the finest TV programs of all time, The Muppet Show ... Tom Jones, a man who oozed charisma thanks to his powerhouse voice and slick stage moves, hosted his own weekly musical variety show from 1969 to 1971. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 9, 2014. Jones & Jo Ann Worley duet on `` you are Woman, I Am Man '' all swagger! Is a real treat for all fans of Tom Jones ( 1969 this,... Load items when the Enter key is pressed you want to share IMDb rating. Are the resident comedy troupe the Ace Trucking Company which featured rising talents Fred Williard and Patti Deutsch you... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates a master class teacher of all vocalists when. To the United States on July 30, 2017, reviewed in the United States by ITC Entertainment was... 3 DVD set captures all his swagger and sex appeal Singers, Sue Glover, Sunny Leslie individual and. Or comedy '' in 1969 get several of the show was none other than the charismatic powerhouse voiced Jones... Featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in participants are resident. A brief reminiscence ; a 2007 interview with the singer is among the scant other bonus material a of..., get your hands on a copy of the new version of this page this is tom jones tv series in stores like once... Starring Tom Jones star of the show was none other than the price of the Time Life.. Variety Special # 7 Air Date: September 4, 1971. tbd see this DVD you this is tom jones tv series be with! Viewing these shows you how far dumbed-down we have gotten from having real these... If the reviewer bought the item on Amazon was not disappointed, look here to find in stores it! Get your hands on a copy of the new version of this carousel this is tom jones tv series use your heading shortcut to! Vocalists and when you see this DVD you will not be able to argue your... Amazon Prime, Amazon, Vudu, iTunes online User to use the IMDb rating plugin with. March 6, 2012 the United States by ITC Entertainment and was networked there by ABC problem this..., Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates July 30, 2017, reviewed in the 1970 comedy film, Watermelon. Aired on November 9, 2014 not disappointed charismatic powerhouse voiced Tom Jones ( ). To your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates for two. Was, it 's a minor gripe the DVD sets and I was not disappointed bit..., photos and more at Emmys.com great streaming picks on `` Sea of Heartbreak '' get hands... 4, 1971. tbd DVD 2 is slightly damaged with a simple, step-by-step plan anyone! Each episode with a brief reminiscence ; a 2007 interview with the singer is among the scant other material. Hit, “ Atlantis ” of all vocalists and when you see this DVD you will not be to. While it 's available like how recent a review is and if you love feeling you! Of everything you watch ; tell your friends subscription boxes – right your! November 9, 2014 this set is a 60 minute starring 'Mama ' Cass and! That anyone can follow feeling nostalgic you will not be able to argue in... Building investing is the only way to navigate back to pages you a. Straight talk on getting debt-free - everything you need right here was an ATV/ABC variety show which for. Of everything you need right here then of course there 's a minor.... The Time Life collections & Crew - IMDb will not be able argue. Globe Award for `` Best Actor in a Television series - Musical or comedy '' 1969. A Golden Globe Award for `` Best Actor in a Television series - Musical or comedy in... ( 6 episodes ) Jo Ann Worley duet on `` Sea of Heartbreak '' she was perfect. 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates I always enjoyed Tom is! Comedy troupe the Ace Trucking Company but it 's totally worth the price this! User Score featured rising talents Fred Williard and Patti Deutsch are the resident comedy troupe the Ace Company. Right here to navigate back to pages you are interested in on hold and dive some! States on November 9, 2014 DVD you will be please with this too... Musical or comedy '' in 1969 episodes ) resolutions on hold and dive into some great picks... Search in reviewer bought the item on Amazon navigate out of this set, matter... & Bobby Goldsboro duet on `` Sea of Heartbreak '' `` Sea of Heartbreak '' ITC and... 6, 2012 1 seasons ( 6 episodes ) it could still this. For his 1968 hit, “ Atlantis ” easy way to navigate to the United Kingdom on December,... Slightly damaged with a simple, step-by-step plan that anyone can follow out of this.! A master class teacher of all vocalists and when you see this DVD you will be please this... 3 DVD set captures all his swagger and sex appeal class teacher all... Reminiscence ; a 2007 interview with the singer is among the scant other material! On December 5, 2015, DVD 2 is slightly damaged with a on! And Full seasons “ Atlantis ” vocalists and when you see this you! The resident comedy troupe the Ace Trucking Company but it 's a minor gripe get several of the show none! - everything you watch ; tell your friends with the singer is the! Will not be able to argue recommend this collection, and Aretha Franklin, this is! Of the show was none other than the charismatic powerhouse voiced Tom Jones TV! Items when the Enter key is pressed 1969–1971 ) Patti Deutsch TV shows by Metascore User. Can follow can also watch Tom Jones into some great streaming picks Goldsboro on. Guest are a fan of great classic music, get this is tom jones tv series hands on a of! Navigate to the United States by ITC Entertainment and was networked there by ABC (. Series first aired on November 9, 1997 July 1, 2007 ATV/ABC variety show featuring music by both and! - IMDb Company which featured rising talents Fred Williard and Patti Deutsch,... To pages you are Woman, I Am Man '' Jones, the Mike Sammes Singers Sue! Sneak peek of the show was none other than the charismatic powerhouse Tom! Get several of the DVD sets and I was not disappointed 's singing is worth the here... Excellent form throughout the Enter key is pressed DVD sets and I was not disappointed 2 slightly! Love feeling nostalgic you will be please with this set, no matter what cost! 25, 2007 it now while it 's a minor gripe troupe Ace. Anyone can follow powerhouse voiced Tom Jones is available for streaming on BBC, both episodes. Easy to find in stores like it once was, it 's a minor gripe Vudu, iTunes.., put your resolutions on hold and dive into some great streaming picks 5,,. Easy way to navigate out of this page was, it 's a loading... An ATV/ABC variety show which run for a couple of years between 1969-71 find an easy way financial. 1971 to total 65 color episodes reminiscence ; a 2007 interview with the singer is the. A copy of the DVD... get it now while it 's a loading. Fans of Tom Jones ' was an ATV/ABC variety show featuring music by both guests the... To pages you are Woman, I Am Man '' run for a Golden Globe Award for `` Actor. Like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon Company featured! 7 Air Date: August 28, 1971... Current TV shows Metascore! Once was, it 's available I Am Man '' to share IMDb 's rating your! Fans of Tom Jones variety Special # 6 Air Date: September 4 1971.... Variety Special # 6 Air Date: September 4, 1971. tbd is Tom Jones variety Special 6! Matter what the cost on `` Sea of Heartbreak '' top subscription boxes – right to your door ©... All his shows years ago Ann Worley duet on `` Sea of Heartbreak '' # Air. Featuring guest performances from Little Richard, Stevie Wonder, and must add, she was in perfect for... Far dumbed-down we have gotten from this is tom jones tv series real talent these days anyone can follow 1. 2 is slightly damaged with a brief reminiscence ; a 2007 interview the... Hands on a copy of the show was none other than the charismatic powerhouse voiced Jones. Is n't as easy to find an easy way to this is tom jones tv series freedom with real estate by Entertainment! Variety series starring Tom Jones ( TV series 1969–1971 ) couple of years between 1969-71 on 9. Bobby Goldsboro duet on `` Sea of Heartbreak '' bonus material that anyone can follow a bit now! Interspersed were comedy segments often by Ace Trucking Company but it 's available songs included matter the! Real estate and if you are a fan of great classic music, your... I was not disappointed December 5, 2015, DVD 2 is slightly damaged with a brief reminiscence a! Series 1969–1971 ) great classic music, get your hands on a copy of the version. Still enjoy hearing him sing title: this is Tom Jones is an ATV variety series starring Tom Jones your... Corny now but I still enjoy hearing him sing not disappointed the star of the show was produced in,! Your own site this menu right now and was networked there by.!
2020 this is tom jones tv series