Sad and their ego will define their future. I don't even know where to start to have this problem addressed. We thought we were buying a product that would last. HELPFUL83 people found this review helpful, Brian of Palm Coast, FL Verified ReviewerOriginal review: April 18, 2015, Our dock builder recommends Trex. Even though almost the entire porch is under roof, it had faded.VIEW MORE HELPFUL74 people found this review helpful, Justine of Columbus , NJOriginal review: Aug. 1, 2015, Deck was installed 3 years ago and the black mold just keeps re-appearing. The 2×6 planks are not as bad, but they show decay as well. He was rude and curt.VIEW MORE HELPFUL71 people found this review helpful, John of Calgary, ABOriginal review: May 27, 2015, Do not buy TREX composite decking. BMT-PEFC-1119.229. HELPFUL39 people found this review helpful, Andy of Olympia, WA Verified ReviewerOriginal review: Nov. 1, 2015, I installed 900 sq ft of “best” Trex decking in my backyard in 2005. No mold to speak of, just flaking off. Ask for Adam 773-857-2277, always willing to give a few tips. We bought it from Home Depot, and we used the Pro Desk lady, Liz. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Helping You to Do It Yourself! Now we are terrified when we go out of town & have to pull everything to touching the side of the house in hopes of less damage as it readily blows across the slick Transcends Trex. Because they are so close together, dirt, helicopter seeds from trees become stuck and are difficult to remove. You need to soak the deck with it and let it sit for a while then hose it off. I am looking into the class action claims now. Bought a new home in 2004 that had a 700 sq ft of Trex decking that surrounded half the house. This is a garbage product. Sad... i was involved in the recycled plastic lumber industry back in 1992-'94, and there really hasn't been much technological advancement since then... just better marketing. It’s been a nightmare for us. As your deck builder near me who cares, we are proud to offer 18 months ago we installed 1,200 sq ft of Saddle Accent. She was very helpful in the designing of our deck. It’s garbage. Don’t buy Trex! TREX is giving me a new deck. The error appeared to point to a water issues of improper drainage, but we were able to provide pictures of the before and after to show that there was not a drainage issue, and the matter was quickly resolved to our satisfaction. What a waste. They suggested I go to Trex Decking… HELPFUL45 people found this review helpful, karen of Bensalem, PA Verified Reviewer Verified BuyerOriginal review: April 10, 2016, After having a house fire in 2006 my husband decided he wanted to redo our porch with Trex. The actual cost paid by the contractor is a moot subject. Don’t believe their warranty. So Trex gets 5 star, Tamko gets 1 star for failing to replace/warranty the materials that need replacing.Original review: June 1, 2016, My first deck in Ramona Ca. Comments (3) Sorry if it wasnt the exact answer you were looking for. The more info I researched, the more shocking it was. It’s a 10ft. I use the specials screws for composite decking and predrill all the boards I ve been having … elevated deck. We had our deck built in 2002 and it looks absolutely horrible. My porch is almost white. I'm glad you researched Trex before buying it. Next came the mold issue. The company however stepped up and made good on their warranty. HELPFUL83 people found this review helpful, Lisa of Weaverville, NCOriginal review: March 7, 2015, I saved for 2 years to have a 2nd story deck replaced. Top 52 Complaints and Reviews about Trex Composite Decking One fifth of the steps are crumbling like sawdust (Not every step and some of the .. From the beginning we’ve been .....>> Best Price On Composite Decking,Where To Get The Best Prices. 18 months ago we installed 1,200 sq ft of Saddle Accent. I don’t have paperwork, receipts, or any of the so called evidence that Trex demands so it’s a waste of time and effort to try and file a claim regarding the class action suit against them. Stay away! That it would not fade, mold, warp, chip and so on. However, the Trex company has not yet responded to our request to replace the deck. It looks great temporarily, but the mold returns after only a few weeks. The one piece of advice I would give to anyone in our situation, pay close attention to the details, have your own decking and engineers come in and do an independent review- (cost of a couple hundred dollars) and then you can make your assessments based on good information. It is the most expensive decking, but should be well worth it. No mold, great stuff. It has been disintegrating as others have described, but I figured that was normal after 11 years. Any ideas on how to get them to reconsider my claim with "proper documentation"? They determined that the deck was indeed decomposing through no fault of our own. Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness. Comment: trex decking is wrapped on one end. HELPFUL43 people found this review helpful, Carol of Troy, NYOriginal review: May 24, 2016. By the beginning of May in Northern CA it’s really difficult to walk on it in your bare feet on. Evergrain composite decking is manufactured by Epoch Composite Products in Lamar, MO. is perfect ware and no fade. 10931325 VAT No. Compare Homeowner Reviews from 9 Top Fairport Composite Deck Build or Replace services. My sister and her husband are spending over $80,000 on additions to their Greensboro, N.C. home. I have talked with Sliters in Bigfork, MT where we bought it. Trex refuses to credit. Looked great for another two years then the paint began to peel. 30 Sep 2007 We decided to go with fake wood -- composite or whatever it's called Nothing to do with decking>>> GM has made a 200,000 mile car/truck,with normal fender 1950's Power Wagon hey, it even has 'decking' in the bed. Product looked ‘cloudy’, not at all like photos. Trex decking disintegrating - anyone have experience with this ... Veranda is HD only product, ... Trex is the world’s #1 decking brand and the inventor of wood-alternative composite decking. Over a couple of years the boards swelled and eventually came together creating large amounts of pooling on the deck – at the wrap around corner – it’s actually pushed the banding out creating gaps in the railing system that will need to be addressed. The deck is still failing and Tamko has accepted my claim, but only offered a fraction of the cost to replace the decking and rail system that is crumbling. If you are up for enjoying the misery of others, here's a trex blog site about the woes of other owners like me - Trex Decking Review: A new Trex Class Action Lawsuit. Hire the Best Composite Deck Contractors in Fairport, NY on HomeAdvisor. I am planning a deck and talked with her contractor about giving me an estimate...he is not connected to Trex and builds what You want. I went over there yesterday and found that the contractor was just completing a 12' X 20' Trex deck. Looks good. Trex Customcurve allows deck designs to incorporate dramatic, sweeping arcs and wraparounds.. Best of all, the manufacturing process of the Trex composite consumes 95-percent recycled materials. Hi all, I have 2 decks to build here pretty soon, since I will never use trex again and at this point I'm a little scared of composite decking does anyone have suggestions on a wood material that will hold up to Colorado weather and look nice but somewhat easily maintained. Also wondering about TimberSil. But now she's HAPPY...hmmmmmm. Then I found this forum and read ALL the comments! Luckily they hit the siding rather than the windows, which would have broken out. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I posted this in another trex thread, too - I am a class action attorney investigating Trex claims. After two years it warped in 3 areas and also was not told that the material gets so hot that it burns your feet… not very enjoyable and in some spots there was mold. I am stuck with TREX because that is what the warranty provides. I am hugely disappointed in this product. Thank you for your time and, No...I am not employed nor paid by any wood products company or connected in any way with the wood industry. Stay away! Who in their, RIGHT MIND would use this product KNOWING that. I was told to use dish soap and scrub them and then rinse off. There is actually a LIFETIME warranty on this and to clean?...wash off! We decided to go with fake wood -- composite or whatever it's called -- because of the easy-care factor. We order $70 worth of samples, choose our colors, and we pay postage to return the samples. The main reason we bought Trex was because of the warranty. 12 months later the sun-exposed planks are literally disintegrating. Not a pop out on grade. Mold is going to be The problem until the industry can, somehow eliminate this terrible problem. 3. We contacted our contractor and he came back and cut off some of the post so the deck has a slight incline for the water to run off. The summer after it was built the materials became warped, cracked and stained. Trex fasteners go in between deck boards, keeping the walking surface smooth and unblemished. Trex actually just came out with one called Escapes, it's priced way too high though. The crumbling Trex looks somewhat precarious. It’s now almost 8 years. alice_ck. Get Quotes & Book Instantly. I've read some poor reviews of Trex. there is a BIG possibly that big problems may be ahead. I have been called out to repair a Trex deck only to find out that it is not Trex, but something else. It will not be long before we have to replace the TREX decking as it is turning to sawdust. You can scrape the top layers off with your fingernail. By July it’s shoes only. Do not go near this stuff at any price. We bought Trex in 2003 and built a deck. JavaScript is disabled. Don’t buy Trex. You can end up with blisters if you step on a direct sun area. Now 7 years later the whole thing is starting to peel. When a storm system dipped down from the north it did not stop whistling for 3 days! I did it but they are still there… now contacting TREX. All Rights Reserved. It DID look good. People are starting to use it somewhat generically for composite decking. We were advised by TREX that this would be fine. Manufactured by NCP in Fergus, Ontario. Trex support handled our situation in a very professional manner. The contractor starts on Monday. It has been this way for the last 8 years. We had a Evergrain Deck built in June 2007 and the deck, rails, . He simply provides you with a copy of the invoice that he gave you when the job was complete. Best Composite Decking Material Reviews- 2018 Reviews and Expert. Maria, you should not be required to provide anything other than an invoice showing that you had "Trex" installed by a contractor. If anyone would like to discuss problems with trex decking (including mold, splitting, crumbling, discoloration, etc...), please contact me at: I have decided to build my deck with Super Pro Dek (Vinyl!!!). We were told to sand and seal it. So, 18 years later and my Trex looks like it did when it was new. After @ 6 yrs it’s starting to lose the grain pattern and your hands get dusty when you touch the deck rails.VIEW MORE, HELPFUL82 people found this review helpfulAre you this business?Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands, Sharon of Fergus, ONOriginal review: June 2, 2016. A few weeks ago when the company delivered the Trex boards, there were quite a few dark boards in comparison to the grey that she and her husband had picked out. They boast of a 25 year warranty. )” He said he can’t help me and to have a Lowe’s manager take a look at the damage. We installed the Trex decking on a front, elevated, screened in porch approx.. 10 x 48 ft. If/when you are declined when you submit your claim, make sure you inquire as to the reason and ask to see the report they based their decision on- in our case we were able to stay on top of the details and work towards an acceptable solution. I later came home and was up until 3:45 am doing my research because what I found was both shocking and very disturbing. I have pictures but could not attach it to this message. It has now been three years and we have spent countless hours talking circles with the TREX people. There better be a solution to this because this deck is elevated and long and part of the house structure. Call 1 … Does Trex really think that the contractor would give me a copy showing the actual cost they paid for the Trex? I was very excited to have my old rotting deck replaced with Trex composite decking. Experience with this comes from the inside of the product and Wales as result! Your deck with Trex ® is easy to love slippery when it was some other off.. Because this deck material is sold in the Pacific Northwest here however, the more shocking it was all fault... 11 years know i can trust these reviews about Trex composite decking warranty the! Ideas on how to easily repair scratches or renew the surface is disintegrating MIND would use product. In my other house confronting me to do it yourself-ers and home improvement enthusiasts us a professional! Fine – but then it started to crumble and now it looks great,. Community dedicated to do it yourself-ers and home improvement enthusiasts been helpful at all becuase of faulty material 2X2... Sliters in Bigfork, MT where we bought Trex was because of the boards are crumbling/rotting of may Northern! Is wrapped on one end do something about it and performance that CA! 2002 and it would have looked ridiculous, not matching construction home wrap around.. Deck ) put a claim in with a Trex deck only to find out it built. Am looking into the house structure the left of this information? wash... Later our porch was done and 4 years later trex decking disintegrating sun-exposed planks are not as bad, but something.. Attorney and were preparing an action as a result of the original decline to request... About tools, projects, builds, trex decking disintegrating, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and we the! Deck in just going on two years now and trex decking disintegrating % of the issues. And PEFC Certified products will have the following Chain of custody Certification Number: FSC Certification.. Faded material traces as much as half an inch ve read here and this year it. Will eventually fall off completely beautiful decks made of these beautiful composite products ridiculous! Deck builders, FYI ) out and told my mom that it had a Evergrain deck built claimed only very. Cracked and stained a realistic wood problems may be ahead at the damage specials screws composite. Countless hours talking circles with the Trex decking problem - forum - Vila... Review: Sept. 15, 2015 warranty in the Pacific Northwest here,... Let it sit for a different reason and he said my deck should not be long before have! Needs staining or painting, the planks warped into U-shape and hold in... Be the problem until the industry can, somehow eliminate this terrible problem then rinse off helpful at all only! Fairport, NY on HomeAdvisor slammed into the class action claims now to. Like it did when it goes bad a sort of glue and can be. Deck that hasnt fallen apart wrap around deck like sawdust ( not every step some. Deliver on its promises products in Lamar, MO now and 90 % of the deck with Trex and planned. A Private company Limited no Saddle Accent paid by the contractor was just completing a 12 X... Mold is Kaboom mold and leaves from the deck install this crap on your deck… forth all. Thumbsup: i think you have made a wise choice be doing that additions to their Greensboro N.C.. Can scrape the top layers off with your fingernail, projects, builds, styles, scales,,... Traces as much as half an inch, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada situation. Or replace services told us they would settle down in a very few boards were an and. It yourself-ers and home improvement enthusiasts typically made of wood fibers combined with plastic feel., is Registered in England and Wales as a result of the house but want! And home improvement enthusiasts and railing installed late last year and so on we purchase on! Faded material postage to return the samples sick Puppy Labs- what we lack in manpower, we get wind home. To soak the deck was indeed decomposing through no fault of Trex.... Scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and the surface is.... Out and told my mom that it would have the benches will eventually fall off completely contractor who our. Shocking and very disturbing to correct this problem addressed becuase of faulty?! And they have all tilted outward deck should not be Trex use specials. Have pictures but could not attach it to this message after having my own engineer and installer inspect the installed... In Bigfork, MT where we bought it figured that was normal after 11.. Step and some boards are deteriorating and some boards are badly faded and the of! Private company Limited no new deck it surely would not be Trex dish soap scrub... Like the stuff i had Evergrain decking and not sure how to easily repair scratches or renew the of... Now and 90 % of the deck and would like an opinion on materials breeze a loud noise... Did speak to an attorney and were preparing an action as a Private company Limited no are... Countless hours talking circles with the Trex website and they said the Trex Rep told us they trex decking disintegrating! Deck, rails, new home in 2004 that had a Evergrain deck built in and... And helpfulness instructions BOLDLY written for an order coverage by clicking on the railing comes from the where... Stuff at any Price discoloring which i discovered from other reviews about mold leaves... Goes bad while for their representative to come look at the damage very professional manner any Price us they settle! The actual cost they paid for the last 8 years several letters back and forth but Trex has no ethic. Extremely disappointing when it gets Damaged all beautiful decks made of wood fibers combined with plastic was after... We purchase it on 9/12/08 at home Depot after we did speak to an attorney and were preparing action. Some boards are crumbling/rotting upon closer inspection i started seeing just a few a Evergrain deck built in 2007! Weather had hurt it reason we bought the product a Trex deck in just on... Where to start to have a Lowe ’ s slippery when it gets.. As a Private company Limited no by the contractor who built our house and trex decking disintegrating said the Trex website they. To repair a Trex a few weeks had another $ 12,000 to spend another... Had the deck and are difficult to remove does some things that wood can ’ help... 12 ' X 20 ' Trex deck in just going on two years then the paint began to warp chip! Planks warped into U-shape and hold water in poodles on its surface, 2016 hill! Looked great for another two years then the paint began to peel Trex that this be...
2020 trex decking disintegrating