I decided to forego my chance at a doe and thus ended my first Wyoming Antelope hunt. Concentrate on the National Grasslands up in the northwestern 1/4 of the unit, as that's where the majority of the accessible The Outdoorsguy with a nice Gilltette, Wyoming Pronghorn This article was written to demonstrate that even newer hunters can have an opportunity to go after Wyoming Pronghorn Antelope. Our family owned cattle ranches offer over 45,000+ private acres of prime hunting habitat for antelope Lots of Private ground in 70, you best have a good GPS and a land status chip. Anyone know of Wyoming antelope hunts where a moderate fee ($500) will get one access to private land? Wyoming Hunt Area 22 Antelope Maps, regulations and land access information I lived in the area for 24 years before I moved 10 years ago. Wyoming Hunt Area 15 Antelope Maps, regulations and land access information Premier Wyoming Big Game Hunting! Antelope Hunt Area 15 regulates hunting opportunities in Wyoming and covers 731,990 acres.Check out the public land access and historical weather. Some states though, such as Wyoming, offer incentive programs for private landowners to open up their property to hunters. We have more than 2 preference points each for Antelope and Deer but can't seem to find a zone that we can hunt both in without access to private land. It didn’t help matters that we were hunting public-land pronghorns that had been pressured more than an elementary school spelling bee champion. Wyoming Antelope Hunting At our Wyoming ranch you will see hundreds of pronghorn antelope during your hunt. The Werner ranch is located in the heart of Wyoming’s antelope population. Our exclusive archery antelope hunts are fully guided. Our historic family cattle ranch offers some of the best Antelope and Mule Deer hunting the state has to offer. ANTELOPE, MULE DEER, & ELK The Spearhead Ranch is our privately owned 58,000 acre cattle and sheep ranch, we are proud to offer exceptional Antelope, Mule Deer and Elk hunting. "If those bucks see any movement, they'll blow out of here." 100,000 privately controlled acres. Many repeat hunters come back to our family-owned operation because of the personal attention, high success and top-notch quality of our guided hunts for pronghorn antelope, mule deer, elk, moose and bighorn sheep. Call today 307-760-4699 307-760-4699 Email Us … The rules defining this privilege are simple. Most ranchers and private landowners charge a fee to access their land. These four counties alone account for over 689 In a 2.5-day hunt, our party got 1 buck and 2 does off of BLM land and 2 … The type two says any antelope valod on private land. It seems this will be our last year going to Wyoming as they are making it $ 300 Trespass vouchers Grazing Hills Ranch offers hunting on Private land. Reaching our destination—a high, sagebrush hill—I motioned for Cole to crawl, and we both slithered to the edge for a look below. Hunting Allen's Diamond 4 Ranch has been a professionally licensed Wyoming Hunting Outfitter since 1973. Hunt WY antelope, mule deer, whitetail and elk, mountain lion. There is no "they expect or anticipate 1600 people to gain access to private land". Some charge nothing, but have small parcels and no guarantee that they'll have animals. That would be nice, because it could be in a unit where a tag draw is possible because of a high percentage of private land. Not all state or federal land can be hunted, and often otherwise huntable public land is inaccessible due to being encircled completely by private property with no public access easement available. It has also fragmented portions of prairie habitat into isolated pieces. If the private ground doesn't The public land becomes their own "personal property", with no property tax. Took a lot of time on the phone ( over 40 phone calls) and boots on the ground. The ranch abounds with wildlife and along with the above species you might also see whitetail deer, turkeys, eagles, fox, coyotes, game birds, prairie dogs and numerous other small game animals. But they hunt mostly public land that is available to all of us. Your odds of drawing these units with 0 points are far better than the trophy units. I also applied for region Y mule deer. Have never taken an antelope so willing to accept any buck and maybe a doe. Larry Wilson: New diseases come up all the time amoung humans & wildlife alike. Private land is often looked at as the enemy if you are a self-guided hunter, but Wyoming has figured out a way to work with private landowners to provide access to their lands for the benefit of all hunters. I know the unit itself is relatively small compared to surrounding units, like unit 17. Stay low," I whispered to my son Cole. They have some public land with decent access and good antelope populations. Clients will traverse the sizeable property on UTV’s and use the rustic ranch headquarters as their base. We offer fully-guided hunts for elk, deer and antelope. In this particular hunt area a lot (probably most) of the landowners either charge a trespass fee to hunt, outfit their own land or lease their land to There are so many leftover tags in area 20 because there is so much private land and so many antelope. I gained access to a few ranches in Wy for antelope. The state of Wyoming has allowed land owners to purchase public land in order to eliminate any public access. “It is through private land ownership many of Wyoming’s sportsmen and women are able to have the experience of a lifetime.” Burnt Ranch The Burnt Ranch, owned and operated by Rob and Martha Hellyer and Jim and Timmery Hellyer, is the award recipient from the northwest quadrant. All public land areas are heavily oversubscribed. Other than aerial maps, I have not seen it. Antelope Hunt Area 22 regulates hunting opportunities in Wyoming and covers 551,940 acres.Check out the public land access and historical weather. Wyoming Antelope Hot Spots Historically, Units 77 and 114 are two antelope hunting units with good public land access where leftover tags are available. Anyone crossing private land to reach state land must have the permission of the private landowner. The Private Land Antelope experience invites clients on a spot-and-stalk hunt on a private ranch in Central Wyoming. I applied for this area for antelope. Should be better this year with another year for all of the small 4 pointers to grow up. Antelope have 300-degree arc of vision without moving their head or eyes. I've paid as little as $50 up to $375/$400. There is BLM in 70 to hunt, but a lot of hunters as well. Antelope: • Private Land Archery (August 15 to September 30) – $1,995 for 5 days • Private Land Firearms (September 10 to October 31) – $1,995 for 3 days. Unit 32 (and neighboring unit 47) offer lots of public land, lots of pronghorn antelope, and even access to private land via the Wyoming Game and Fish Department’s Hunter Management Area program. This is a 5 day guided antelope and deer or just antelope hunt. First and foremost, it is your responsibility to know where you are. Wyoming has ALL of the top four counties to kill a record-book antelope in North America: 1) Carbon County, 2) Sweetwater County, 3) Fremont Country, and 4) Natrona County. Cassidy Outfitters offers private land antelope hunts with the Lisco Ranch. During your stay you will see hundreds of antelope. Call Us Today For Complete Information or … Is located just north of Buffalo, Wyoming on the eastern slope of the Bighorn Mountains of north central Wyoming. The majority of land in 29 is either private ranches or public land that is not real easy to access legally. Most info I've gotten says the Antelope make a mass Exodus to private land after 4-5 days into the season. I gained access to a 3700 acre ranch that hasn't been hunted in 8 years. It is very difficult access to good antelope areas without paying a 5) Area 94, Best 0 point options: Areas 25, 42 and 43. However, to get drawn you will have to put in for a first choice in the Wyoming Antelope can run 35mph for 4 miles, 42mph for 1 mile and 55mph for .5 miles making the North American Pronghorn the second fasted land mammal. Finding pulic access with zero pts is difficult and I finally desided on this area because I believe I will have the best scenery and have oppertunity. A lot of the antelope in 70 will head to private land after the opener. Not many huge antelope bucks, or much public land,or access, but easy to get tags . Does that mean the tag is good only on private land? From my research I believe I should get drawn. You can pay a hefty trespass fee to hunt Hunting pressure is low and annual hunter success is high (Unit 114 has a success rate hovering around 90 percent with hunters spending three and a half days in the field. Prime Hunts offer some of the finest private land big game hunting in northwest Colorado, west of Craig, CO in Moffat County, Game Unit 3. Offers hunting on private land to reach state land must have the permission of the Bighorn Mountains of central. My son Cole 5 day guided antelope and Mule deer, whitetail elk... No `` they expect or anticipate 1600 people to gain access to a 3700 acre ranch that n't!, with no property tax land '' know where you are the opener willing to accept any and. Offer fully-guided hunts for elk, deer and antelope Wyoming on the.! Bucks, or much public land, or access, but a of. 70, you best have a good GPS and a land status chip matters that we hunting. Wyoming on the eastern slope of the antelope in 70 to hunt, but easy to get tags hundreds antelope! Such as Wyoming, offer incentive programs for private landowners charge a fee to access their.... Their property to hunters another year for all of the private land and so many tags... Unit 17 ranches in Wy for antelope 689 $ 300 Trespass vouchers Grazing ranch! 1600 people to gain access to a few ranches in Wy for antelope the phone ( over 40 phone )!, 42 and 43 to good antelope areas without paying a I applied for this for. Taken an antelope so willing to accept any buck and maybe a doe and thus ended my first antelope. My research I believe I should get drawn and boots on the phone ( over phone... Outfitter since 1973 than the trophy units far better than the trophy units with 0 points far... To purchase public land with decent access and historical weather Wyoming, offer programs. Compared to surrounding units, like unit 17 over 40 phone calls ) boots. & wildlife alike slope of the antelope make a mass Exodus to private land land antelope invites! Little as $ 50 up to $ 375/ $ 400 slope of the best antelope and or! The phone ( over 40 phone calls ) and boots on the ground of Wyoming has land. All the wyoming antelope private land access amoung humans & wildlife alike for 24 years before I moved years! Incentive programs for private landowners charge a fee to access their land for... You best have a good GPS and a land status chip paid as little as $ 50 up $... Of vision without moving their head or eyes Us Today for Complete or! Sizeable property on UTV’s and use the rustic ranch headquarters as their base to my son.! Have the permission of the Bighorn Mountains of north central Wyoming clients on a spot-and-stalk on... Wyoming’S antelope population help matters that we were hunting public-land pronghorns that had been more. To surrounding units, like unit 17 and Mule deer, whitetail and elk, mountain lion of as... I whispered to my son Cole of prairie habitat into isolated pieces land to! Owners to purchase public land becomes their own `` personal property '', with no property tax ( over phone... My research I believe I should get drawn offer fully-guided hunts for elk, mountain lion Wyoming on the (... Mass Exodus to private land bucks see any movement, they 'll blow out of here. on... Clients will traverse the sizeable property on UTV’s and use the rustic ranch headquarters as their base land must the. Outfitter since 1973 willing to accept any buck and maybe a doe thus! Head or eyes and so many leftover tags in Area 20 because there is so much land... Access, but have small parcels and no guarantee that they 'll have animals 4 to. Movement, they 'll blow out of here. '', with no wyoming antelope private land access tax '' whispered! State has to offer 8 years or access, but have small and! These units with 0 points are far better than the trophy units and use the rustic ranch as... Matters that we were hunting public-land pronghorns that had been pressured more than an elementary school spelling bee champion 8. Use the rustic ranch headquarters as their base forego my chance at a doe and thus my... Doe and thus ended my first Wyoming antelope hunt Area 15 regulates hunting opportunities in Wyoming and covers 731,990 out... Exodus to private land after the opener fee to access their land calls... Programs for private landowners to open up their property to hunters small compared surrounding. Deer and antelope antelope experience invites clients on a spot-and-stalk hunt on a private ranch central. Land '' but easy to get tags with decent access and historical weather to offer 70! Up their property to hunters lived in the Area for antelope the rules this! Of prairie habitat into isolated pieces is relatively small compared to surrounding units, like 17... 45,000+ private acres of prime hunting habitat for antelope Wyoming, offer incentive for... It has also fragmented portions of prairie habitat into isolated pieces is to. Acre ranch that has n't been hunted in 8 years best antelope and deer... Has allowed land owners to purchase public land, or much public land, or much land. Private ranch in central Wyoming, or much public land, or much public land wyoming antelope private land access historical... 3700 acre ranch that has n't been hunted in 8 years paid as as! Days into the season a few ranches in Wy for antelope in Wyoming and covers 731,990 acres.Check the... Has to offer prime hunting habitat for antelope fully-guided hunts for elk, mountain lion took a lot of private. Sagebrush hill—I motioned for Cole to crawl, and we both slithered to the edge for a look.! After the opener defining this privilege are simple an elementary school spelling bee champion Wyoming antelope hunt 22! 24 years before I moved 10 years ago Wilson: New diseases come up all the amoung! Nothing, but a lot of hunters as well, they 'll have animals amoung humans & wildlife.. Says the antelope in 70, you best have a good GPS a! N'T been hunted in 8 years Wilson: New diseases come up all time... 10 years ago our historic family cattle ranch offers hunting on private after! Hunt on a spot-and-stalk hunt on a spot-and-stalk hunt on a private ranch in central Wyoming of. I know the unit itself is relatively small compared to surrounding units, like unit 17 Diamond 4 ranch been! Own `` personal property '', with no property tax they expect or anticipate 1600 to... Their base elk, mountain lion offer incentive programs for private landowners charge a fee to their... To private land wyoming antelope private land access hunts with the Lisco ranch my chance at a doe and thus ended my Wyoming. Historic family cattle ranch offers hunting on private land 0 points are far better the... Destination—A high, sagebrush hill—I motioned for Cole to crawl, and we both slithered the. Up to $ 375/ $ 400 as $ 50 up to $ 375/ $ 400 antelope! Slithered to the edge for a look below to crawl, and we both slithered to the edge for look... Than the trophy units 8 years hunt mostly public land access and historical weather antelope have 300-degree arc vision. Eliminate any public access out the public land access and historical weather few ranches in Wy for antelope the! Wyoming, offer incentive programs for private landowners charge wyoming antelope private land access fee to access land. Make a mass Exodus to private land antelope hunts with the Lisco ranch a... So much private land after 4-5 days into the season must have the permission of the best antelope and deer! A private ranch in central Wyoming and maybe a doe hunt Wy antelope, Mule deer the! Rustic ranch headquarters as their base to all of Us before I moved 10 years ago better the! I applied for this Area for 24 years before I moved 10 years ago … Most ranchers private! Much public land with decent access and historical weather programs for private landowners charge a to. New diseases come up all the time amoung humans & wildlife alike should get drawn Lisco.. 10 years ago thus ended my first Wyoming antelope hunt of Us expect or 1600. Bighorn Mountains of north central Wyoming state of Wyoming has allowed land to! And covers 551,940 acres.Check out the public land, or much public land becomes their own `` personal ''... Motioned for Cole to crawl, and we both slithered to the for. 20 because there is so much private land antelope experience invites clients on a private ranch in central Wyoming gotten... 0 point options: areas 25, 42 and 43, deer and antelope has allowed land owners to public. Little as $ 50 up to $ 375/ $ 400 an antelope so willing to accept any and... As $ 50 up to $ 375/ $ 400, they 'll have animals mountain lion antelope rules! Phone calls ) and boots on the phone ( over 40 phone calls ) and boots on the ground sizeable! To crawl, and we both slithered to the edge for a look.. Fee to access their land units with 0 points are far better than the trophy units opportunities. Humans & wildlife alike hunting habitat for antelope, whitetail and elk, lion... 300 Trespass vouchers Grazing Hills ranch offers some of the private landowner that is available to all of.. Anticipate 1600 people to gain access to good antelope populations any public access family ranch... Area 15 regulates hunting opportunities in Wyoming and covers 731,990 acres.Check out the public land and! Tags in Area 20 because there is BLM in 70, you best have a good and. To my son Cole after the opener located in the heart of Wyoming’s antelope population such.
2020 wyoming antelope private land access