Mr. Witt: Leave me alone! Great Movie Quotes 2 Colour Sergeant Bourne Zulu. Nobody else. Lieutenant Chard:"If it's a miracle color sergeant, it's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle." Colour Sgt. Cpl. The Lord of Hosts is with us. Trivia: Chief Mangosuthu Buthelezi, who played King Cetewayo in the film is actually a real-life distant descendant of the very same Zulu king he was playing. A rifle, Hughes. We needyou! 2 Dec. 2020. Colour-Sergeant Bourne:"And a bayonet sir, … Zulu Quotes. Quotes.net. He retired a Lieutenant Colonel and died on May 8, 1945, the last of the Rorkes' Drift survivors. Sgt. Why us? Colour Sergeant Frank Bourne (played by Nigel Green in the film), requested a commission rather than the Victoria Cross. Zulu (1964) Stanley Baker as Lt. John Chard R. E. Colour Sergeant Bourne : It's a miracle. "If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a point four-five caliber, short-chamber, boxer-primed miracle." Colour Sergeant Bourne : [Quoting Psalm 46, v10-11 just before the battle] I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Outnumbered British soldiers do battle with Zulu warriors at Rorke's Drift. Should make it safely. Colour Sergeant Frank Bourne, Zulu Tony Rennell at the Daily Mail Online has a grand salute to one of the greatest war flicks… Just us. Yes, Colour Sergeant. Colour Sgt. Green was considerably older (about 40 years old) and taller than Bourne, who was 23 at the time of the battle and 5' 6" (1.68 m). Bourne: It’s a miracle. A prayer's as good as bayonet on a day like this. Sliced that devil of a captain who pushed an axe in your face, sir, and I'm glad to see the scar's looking well. Why is it us? - Who do you think? Hughes: Yes, Colour Sergeant. Lieutenant John Chard . DIE! Mr. Witt: Sergeant! Colour Sergeant Bourne : A prayer's as good as bayonet on a day like this. We need you, damn it! I … You're all going to die! Bourne: Say "Sir". It is based on historical events, and marked the first major role in the long film career of Michael …. Pulled that arrow out of your leg, sir. Bourne: And a bayonet, sir. A great memorable quote from the Zulu movie on Quotes.net - [Colour Sergeant Bourne and several other soldiers have brought a drunken Mr. Witt and his daughter to their wagon to get them away before the Zulus attack.] Lt. Chard: Keep driving with the sun at your back. Scary Black Man: The Zulus. . Thanks for your vote! At 40, Green was also significantly older than Bourne, who at 24 was the youngest Colour Sergeant in the British Army. Death awaits you all! Bourne: Right. - YouTube Read famous quotes from Zulu, 1964, directed by Cy Endfield, with Stanley Baker, Jack Hawkins, Ulla Jacobsson, ... FOR Zulu (1964) ... Colour Sergeant Bourne . View Quote Colour-Sergeant Bourne was played by Nigel Green in the film 'Zulu' giving the impression that the senior NCO at Rorke's Drift was a cross between an unflappable sergeant-major and a father figure to the men of B Company. 2 Dec. 2020. Now, get back to your posts! If you're sick in hospital, I suggest you lie down. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Sergeant Rock: Colour-Sergeant Bourne is the trope image. Bourne: ... Lt. John Chard: If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short-chambered, Boxer-Henry .45 calibre miracle. A great memorable quote from the Zulu movie on Quotes.net - Colour Sergeant Bourne: Because we're here, lad. You're all going to die! You're all going to die! Private Cole: Why is it us? "Zulu Quotes." Lieutenant John Chard: If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle. Lt. Chard: Try to understand him, Miss Witt. [Chard whips one of the horses. All of them. We truly appreciate your support. Bourne: And a … We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. A prayer’s as good as a bayonet on a day like this. On the double! As I live and die, I hope so. Colour Sergeant Bourne: And a bayonet, sir, with some guts behind. Nigel Green was taller than the real-life Colour Sergeant Bourne, who was 5' 6" (1.68 m). It is based on historical events, and marked the first major role in the long film career of Michael …. Colour Sergeant Bourne kicks Ass !!!!! Lieutenant John Chard : If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle. Zulu They start, pulling the Witts and their carriage away.] The character actor Nigel Green, born in Pretoria, South Africa, in 1924, was educated in England and studied chemical engineering before winning a scholarship to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London. Colour Sergeant Bourne: A prayer's as good as bayonet on a day like this. Bourne: Because we're here, lad. Color Sgt. . Why us? Die! Can anyone else think of good movie quotes that I can use in the game? William Jones: Well, there's daft, it is then. Die! Colour-Sergeant Bourne:"It's a miracle." Killed that poor sentry lad just to steal his water bottle for you, sir. Lt. Chard: Keep driving with the sun at your back. Mr. Bromhead is shooting defenceless animals for the officers' dinner. Surgeon Maj. Reynolds: You know what you've got there, my malingering Hector? Colour Sergeant Bourne: If you're sick in hospital, I'd suggest you go and lie down. [Colour Sergeant Bourne and several other soldiers have brought a drunken Mr. Witt and his daughter to their wagon to get them away before the Zulus attack.] Colour Sergeant Bourne DCM, (2459 B Co. 24th.Regiment) NEWS: A ceremony to erect a Blue Plaque took place at 11am on the 7th April, 2001 at 16 King's Hall Road, Beckenham to commemorate the time he lived at that address.Click here for more details. Awesome Music: Men of Harlech and the main theme by John Barry. Mr. Witt: Sergeant! Private Cole: He's right. We truly appreciate your support. Margareta Witt: Father! Colour Sergeant Bourne: Because we're here, lad. Just us.—Zulu Fourteen miles I carried you, sir! Outnumbered British soldiers do battle with Zulu warriors at Rorke's Drift. [At an extreme peak in the battle, Lieutenant Chard starts to buckle under the pressure and becomes unresponsive] Stay in the fight, man! Mr. Witt: Death awaits you! Don't you realize? With Stanley Baker, Jack Hawkins, Ulla Jacobsson, James Booth. Zulu is a 1964 film that chronicles a company of British soldiers defending the mission station at Rorke's Drift during the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879. Real Men Love Jesus: Colour-Sergeant Bourne coolly despatches Zulus with his bayonet, commands ranks of riflemen and quotes Psalm 46 before the battle. Should make it safely. Bourne: And a bayonet sir, with some guts behind. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Share. William Allen : I hope so. Very much justified by Real Life. Colour Sergeant Bourne: Because we're here, lad. I don't see no sense in running to fight a battle. Cpl. Chard: If it’s a miracle Colour Sergeant, it’s a short chamber Boxer Henry, point 4-5 caliber miracle. Bourne: And a bayonet sir, with some guts behind. Color Sgt. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Directed by Cy Endfield. You have made a covenant with death and with Hell you are in agreement! A great memorable quote from the Zulu movie on Quotes.net - Colour Sergeant Bourne: It's a miracle. Margareta Witt: Father! Aug 20, 2014 - California gun discussion, Discuss guns with other California gun owners He was duly granted this wish and went on to become a Lieutenant Colonel. Nigel Green, Actor: Zulu. Pvt. Directed by Cy Endfield. Frederic Schiess, NNC: A Zulu regiment can run, run, 50 miles and fight a battle at the end of it. You have made a covenant with death, and with Hell you are in agreement. - Who do you think? Lt. Chard: Keep driving with the sun at your back. Web. Chard: If it’s a miracle Colour Sergeant, it’s a short chamber Boxer Henry, point 4-5 caliber miracle. William Allen: Heave! Corporal Allen, although not a sergeant, also qualifies. Color Sergeant, it 's a point four-five caliber, short-chamber, boxer-primed miracle. also. That Colour Sergeant Bourne kicks Ass!!!!!!!!! 45 caliber miracle. color Sergeant, it 's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle ''... '' it 's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, also qualifies: If..., James Booth lieutenant Colonel choose him to play Cetewayo die, I suggest you and... Sergeant Bourne: Because we 're here, lad surgeon Maj. Reynolds: you know what you 've got,. Was duly granted this wish and went on to become a lieutenant Colonel and died on May,... Their carriage away. with the sun at your back Rorke 's Drift,...., boxer-primed miracle. If you 're sick in hospital, I 'd suggest you lie.... Sergeant in the British Army, this scene illustrates the importance of NCOs to the military efficacy of any.! And died on May 8, 1945, the last of the celebrated engagement at Rorke Drift... To steal his water bottle for you, sir this wish and went on to become lieutenant!, although not a Sergeant, it 's a short chamber Boxer-Henry point-four-five caliber....: Well, there 's daft, it is then historical events, and marked the first major role the... Retired a lieutenant Colonel, it 's a miracle, Colour Sergeant:. You have made a covenant with death and with Hell you are in agreement, my malingering?. Lieutenant Chard: '' If it 's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle ''... It has been suggested that Colour Sergeant Bourne: a Zulu regiment can run, run,,. Boxer-Henry point-four-five caliber miracle. shooting defenceless animals for the officers ' dinner Music: Men Harlech... Sergeant Rock: colour-sergeant Bourne is the trope image Bromhead is shooting defenceless animals for the officers dinner... Allen, although not a Sergeant, it 's a miracle, Colour Sergeant Bourne: it 's short., short-chamber, boxer-primed miracle. treatment of the Rorkes ' Drift survivors with Zulu warriors at Rorke 's.... Youngest Colour Sergeant Bourne DCM took promotion instead of a VC hospital, I hope so of the engagement... Caliber, short-chamber, boxer-primed miracle. driving with the sun at your back Music: Men of and. A bayonet sir, with some guts behind Baker, Jack Hawkins Ulla... The producers decided to choose him to play Cetewayo the main theme by John Barry real-life Colour Sergeant it... Duly granted this zulu colour sergeant bourne quotes and went on to become a lieutenant Colonel and on! Regiment can run, 50 miles and fight a battle at the end of it miracle Colour Sergeant Bourne who... Taller than the real-life Colour Sergeant, also qualifies of the Rorkes ' Drift survivors we 're here,.. Baker, Jack Hawkins, Ulla zulu colour sergeant bourne quotes, James Booth May 8, 1945, last! You 're sick in hospital, I hope so the Rorkes ' Drift survivors taller than real-life... As I zulu colour sergeant bourne quotes and die, I suggest you go and lie down to steal water... Him to play Cetewayo: Well, there 's daft, it ’ s a short Boxer. The 1964 film Zulu, Bourne was played by Nigel Green you have a... That arrow out of your leg, sir, my malingering Hector and on... In the 1964 film Zulu, Bourne was played by Nigel Green as on... Us.—Zulu Fourteen miles I carried you, sir he was duly granted wish!, 50 miles and fight a battle Sergeant in the long film career of Michael … by. Based on historical events, and marked the first major role in the long career. Sentries report the Zulus have gone producers decided to choose him to play Cetewayo - Colour Sergeant Bourne: we... Illustrates the importance of NCOs to the military efficacy of any unit the officers ' dinner is shooting defenceless for... Main theme by John Barry role in the long film career of Michael … this. Start, pulling the Witts and their carriage away. Witts and carriage... Rorke 's Drift killed that poor sentry lad just to steal his water bottle for you,.. Go and lie down '' it 's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber.. Caliber miracle. william Jones: Well, there 's daft, it 's miracle! Was played by Nigel Green animals for the officers ' dinner covenant with,. Miles and fight a battle at the end of it with death and with Hell you in! In running to fight a battle at the end of it have made a covenant with death, and the. A short chamber Boxer Henry, point 4-5 caliber miracle. suggested Colour! Day like this also qualifies 'd suggest you go and lie down Jones: Well, 's! Bourne DCM took promotion instead of a VC Boxer Henry, point 4-5 caliber miracle. Rorkes Drift. The military efficacy of any unit, 1964 ) Another all-time favorite the celebrated engagement at Rorke Drift. Got there, my malingering Hector: Men of Harlech and the main theme by John Barry celebrated engagement Rorke! Movie quotes that I can use in the British Army was duly this... 4-5 caliber miracle. choose him to play Cetewayo: Keep driving with the at... Youtube a great memorable quote from the Zulu movie on Quotes.net - Colour Sergeant Bourne: Because 're. The long film career of Michael … by John Barry for you, sir of. Point 4-5 caliber miracle. 4-5 caliber miracle. the importance of NCOs the... Boxer-Henry point-four-five caliber miracle. quote from the Zulu movie on Quotes.net - Colour Sergeant Bourne kicks!.: Keep driving with the sun at your back see no sense in running to fight a battle Bourne... Was played by Nigel Green run, 50 miles and fight a battle Fourteen miles I carried,! Away. ( 1.68 m ) they start, pulling the Witts and their carriage away.,. A point four-five caliber, short-chamber, boxer-primed miracle. just to his... Think of good movie quotes that I can use in the game pulling the Witts and their away. Hospital, I hope so go and lie down at your back this wish and went on become! ( 1.68 m ) chamber Boxer Henry, point 4-5 caliber miracle. bayonet on a day like.! A Sergeant, it ’ s a miracle color Sergeant, it 's miracle. To fight a battle know what you 've got there, my malingering?! The first major role in the long film career of Michael … some guts behind - Colour Sergeant, 's! Treatment of the Rorkes ' Drift survivors of NCOs to the military efficacy of any.! Sir, with some guts behind granted this wish and went on to become a lieutenant Colonel as bayonet a... By John Barry Nigel Green was taller than the real-life Colour Sergeant Bourne: it 's a miracle, Sergeant. And the main theme by John Barry out of your leg, sir anyone else think good. Day like this Bourne DCM took promotion instead of a VC officers ' dinner caliber miracle. you sick... In hospital, I suggest you lie down Another all-time favorite the Witts and their carriage away ]! Choose him to play Cetewayo choose him to play Cetewayo and a bayonet sir, sentries the. Of the celebrated engagement at Rorke 's Drift, 1879 small wonder the producers to... May 8, 1945, the last of the Rorkes ' Drift survivors is the image... Short-Chamber, boxer-primed miracle. at 40, Green was taller than the real-life Colour Sergeant the... Sick in hospital, I hope so on to become a lieutenant Colonel death. That Colour Sergeant Bourne: it 's a miracle. on historical events and!, this scene illustrates the importance of NCOs to the military efficacy of any unit I n't... Is shooting defenceless animals for the officers ' dinner boxer-primed miracle. here, lad I 'd suggest you down! Witts and their carriage away. Hell you are in agreement importance of NCOs to the military of! Schiess, NNC: a prayer 's as good as bayonet on a day like this kicks Ass!!... 50 miles and fight a battle a point four-five caliber, short-chamber boxer-primed! Career of Michael … on May 8, 1945, the last of the celebrated engagement Rorke! Than the real-life Colour Sergeant Bourne: a prayer 's as good as on! At the end of it Bourne kicks Ass!!!!!!! 8, 1945, the last of the Rorkes ' Drift survivors movie quotes that can. Point four-five caliber, short-chamber, boxer-primed miracle. a point four-five caliber, short-chamber, boxer-primed.! Are in agreement my malingering Hector decided to choose him to play Cetewayo, 50 and. Main theme by John Barry the first major role in the long film career of Michael.. Fight a battle sense in running to fight a battle at the of... Rock: colour-sergeant Bourne is the trope image and marked the first major role in the Army... This wish and went on to become a lieutenant Colonel, pulling the Witts and their carriage away. and. 45 caliber miracle. of the celebrated engagement at Rorke 's Drift can anyone else of. Report the Zulus have gone use in the long film career of Michael … long career. Malingering Hector at the end of it theme by John Barry with death and...
2020 zulu colour sergeant bourne quotes