Dec 08 2010. © 2004 - 2021 TrueDelta. Toyota Tundra Heater Not Working: Diagnosis A word of caution : If there is no coolant in your overflow, you can refill it by adding more to the overflow reservoir. I have a 2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7 double cab, 4wd, with about 180,000 miles on it. frequently 2008 Toyota Tundra problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. The Tundra was the second full-size pickup to be built by a Japanese manufacturer (the first was the Toyota T-100), but the Tundra was the first full-size pickup from a Japanese manufacturer to be built in North America.The Tundra was nominated for the North … Rumble Strip Problem Some 2008 Toyota Tundra owners have had an odd issue that has been dubbed the “rumble strip” problem. Filter. View all 187 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2008 Toyota Tundra on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2008 Tundra. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. The transmission fluid has never been changed in it, and I have been thinking about having it changed. Others have also been addressing this problem. Support NPR & the programs you love. Worried about potential repair costs? Add Complaint. To see how frequently 2008 Toyota Tundra problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. If the speedometer in your 2008 Toyota Tundra isn’t working, or there’s a check engine light that accompanies shifting problems, let a Toyota technician examine your vehicle. The most recently reported issues are listed below. The Toyota Tundra was equipped with the A340E, A340F, A750E and A750F.But they aren’t without their problems though, so let’s look at some of the most common Toyota Tundra transmission problems, look at cost estimates and figure out what you can do about them. The 2008 model has the same rusting and vehicle speed control problems reported in the previous two models. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. See post #189, 190, 193,194,211 in the "Toyota Truck Owners:Problems & Solutions" discussion. Curious how the 2008 Tundra compares to other years? 2015 Toyota Tundra problems (1) We did a little homework on our own to find out which model years are considered the worst for the Toyota Tundra.It turns out 2007 experienced the most engine problems and complaints.. Owners cited air injection pump failures, secondary air pumps sticking, and knocking in the pistons. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. With that in mind, this page is divided by when you hear the whining noise, and common causes under those conditions. We use our truck to pull a small 2 horse trailer. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. The 2008 Toyota Tundra has 8 NHTSA complaints for the power train:automatic transmission at 10,200 miles average. Truck is used for work and in off road 4x4 needed conditions on a regular basis. Check out our Toyota Tundra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Tundra. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Unsubscribe any time. This is not an every time it shifts problem. on dtc p0552/p0553: power steering pressure sensor malfunction. 2008 Toyota Tundra problems (4) View all. There is almost never a situation where you would need to take the radiator cap off of the radiator to add coolant. 04/23/18: Transmission and Drivetrain: NHTSA ID: 10133943 TSB ID: T-SB-0151-10 Rev Some 2007 ? Tundra 4WD 8-cyl. … 2013 Toyota Tundra problems (1) View all. All rights reserved. Summary: Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC (SET) is recalling certain 2005-2011 4Runner, Highlander, Sequoia, and Sienna, 2005-2010 Avalon and Tundra, 2006-2008 Camry Solara, 2006-2010 Highlander hybrid, 2006-2011 Rav4 and Tacoma, 2007-2010 FJ Cruiser, 2007-2011 Camry hybrid, 2009-2010 Venza, 2010-2012 Prius, 1988-1990 and 2005-2010 Camry, and 1989 and … 2008 TOYOTA TUNDRA Report Date: June 02, 2016 Campaign Number: 16V396000 Component: SEATS:FRONT ASSEMBLY:SEAT HEATER/COOLER Summary: Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC (SET) is recalling certain 2005-2011 4Runner, Highlander, Sequoia, and Sienna, 2005-2010 Avalon and Tundra, 2006-2008 Camry Solara, 2006-2010 Highlander hybrid, 2006-2011 Rav4 and Tacoma, 2007-2010 FJ … My 2008 Tundra's tranmission went out last week when attempting to shift from 4 WD high, into 4wd lo, then back into high. The only problem I have had with the Tundra is a shifting problem with the automatic transmission. While repairs tend to be more severe than average, these issues occur less often, so major repairs are infrequent for the Tundra. To see how 2008 Toyota Tundra Problems. 2009 Toyota Tundra problems (3) View all. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. The fuel economy is pretty poor, we average between 16-18 mpg. The Toyota Tundra is a pickup truck manufactured in the United States by the Japanese manufacturer Toyota since May 1999. : 09/26/08: NHTSA ID: 10026063 TSB ID: TSB-0133-08 Toyota: m.i.l. Toyota Tundra owners have reported 60 problems related to automatic transmission (under the power train category). Chart based on 13 repair trips. 2008 Toyota Tundra Transmission Problems. While it is my dream truck there are a few pitfalls. 10% OFF $75. 1-10 of 10 Results. locate a store. Powertrain and Chassis Repair Frequencies. Genuine Toyota Part - 894130C021 (89413-0C021, 894130C020) 1-10 of 10 Results. Here’s instructions on how to check and fill your 2007 and up Toyota Tundra transmission fluid: tundra-transmission-fluid-flush-tsb And here’s the best advice anyone will ever give you about transmission maintenance: 3 Golden Rules of Automatic Transmission Maintenance 1. Axle seal replaced and axle vent replaced. I hope this helps you. The interior is comfortable for long hauls and the bed is big enough for work duty. This caused pressure to build in the axle and the right rear seal to fail. 2012 Toyota Tundra problems (3) View all. 2008 Toyota Tundra transmission problems with 9 complaints from Tundra owners. AutoZone Locations Vehicle Make Vehicle Model Vehicle VIN Lookup Gift Cards Discounts & … Use Code: DIYSAVE10 Online Ship-to-Home Orders Only. BRAND. TrueDelta is not affiliated with any car manufacturer or their trademarks. Five problems related to automatic transmission have been reported for the 2008 Toyota Tundra. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. The earlier models were plagued with a recall on the brake and rotor system and a ball-joint suspension issue, but they didn't have consistent problems with the transmission design as later models did. The Toyota Tundra has experienced a plague of hefty transmission problems since their second-generation model release in 2007. The likely cause of whining noise will be determined by when you hear the noise, and under what conditions. As the transmission goes through the gears, it does not shift at the correct time. 2008 Toyota Tundra Transmission Pan Gasket - (A/T) 2008 Toyota Tundra Transmission Seal. The most recently reported issues are listed below. The average price of a 2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab transmission repair and replacement can vary depending on location. 2008 Toyota Tundra Transmission Torque Converter. 2008 Toyota Tundra Automatic Transmission. Thanks. Some websites state that Toyota has a problem with Tundra transmissions, others state that the Tundra is relatively trouble free in the drive-line (with the obvious exception of the rear axle seals -- mine started leaking shortly after the warranty expired). Replaced seal on differential and flushed the transmission. Both cracked. Is it time to move on? There is a steering problem on my 2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 double cab. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Need advice about a specific Toyota Tundra problem? we're hiring! Replaced both CV boots. Loud bang / clunk occasionally when going into 4 wheel drive. This was an ongoing problem for Toyota, who failed to address the issue for three years across models. Get reliability information for the 2008 Toyota Tundra from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. 2011 Toyota Tundra problems (2) View all. Many Tundra owners claim they experience hesitation from their automatic transmission when shifting gears. We are 106,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information. 2014 Toyota Tundra problems (0) View all. TRANSMISSION REVOLUTION (SP2); TRANSMISSION REVOLUTION, (NT). 2008 Toyota Tundra Automatic Transmission. CarComplaints.com : Car complaints, car problems and defect information Latest News Updated 05/10/12 - Marina, CA, USA. FILTER RESULTS. According to a post on PickupTrucks.com, this is when “the transmission randomly rough-shifts for several seconds, making the truck feel like it’s riding on a roadside rumble strip. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Toyota Tundra based on all problems reported for the Tundra. The Toyota Tundra Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 6th out of 17 for fullsize trucks. The most problematic years for Tundra. CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Do not ‘flush’ an automatic transmission. However, in addition, the 2008 Toyota Tundra has its own electrical problems for drivers to deal with. If your Toyota Tundra is experiencing a whining noise, its is often going to be caused by something in the engine compartment. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. 2010 Toyota Tundra problems (3) View all. Bump the Tundra problem graphs up another notch. I have been addressing a squeaking problem with my 03 Tundra access cab (v8 4wd w/o TRD Off road package). 2008 Toyota Tundra Base Our 2008 Toyota tundra is my dream truck. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Copyright Policy | Michael at Google+. The local dealer has made multiple adjustments to the front end alignment, has rotated tires, even swapped tires from another truck. Toyota Tundra. Axle vent plugged up due to corrosion from road salt. SEATS Recall Date: June 2, 2016. The average annual repair cost is $606 which means it has average ownership costs. Updated 03/23/12 the consumer stated the vehicle also has transmission problems. Had the entire drive shaft replaced in accordance with TSB. The repair cost chart excludes repairs made under warranty, do-it-yourself repairs, and repair trips that include maintenance. 284 kilowatts 5.7L V8 6-speed automatic RWD, 284 kilowatts 5.7L V8 6-speed automatic 4WD, part-time w/low range. Drain and then refill it. Hence, the problem has been given the informal name ‘rumble strip’ … When driving on a normally crowned( or sloped) road surface, the truck will pull to the right on the right lane, or to the left on the left lane. These forums have helped make our results possible. Vehicle Speed Sensor. Due to my tight schedule u-joints replaced the following weekend. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. An extended warranty can provide peace of mind. Paint, Rust, Leaks, Rattles, and Trim (10%). Get answers and make your voice heard! Give me some feedback with your thoughts. 09/20/10: NHTSA ID: 10033764 TSB ID: TSB-0329-08 Toyota: air injection pump with water intrusion-mil on dtc p0418, p0419, and/or p244#. Your vehicle speed sensor sends information to your speedometer and/or your engine’s computer to tell the transmission when to shift. It wants to hold in a lower gear and finally shift on to the next gear and finally O.D. Donate your old car in minutes through the CarTalk Vehicle Donation Program. . SHOP. problem # 7. If you resolve your issues, please post it. If you’re experiencing the same hesitation with your Tundra, consider the following: Transmission Fluid track your order. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2008 Toyota Tundra based on all problems reported for the 2008 Tundra. steering/power assist systems. All Trans (2) Grade A (4) National Powertrain (1) Tri Star (3) This is a test. 1 starting to leak. Ford F-150 Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit, read stories from drivers who praise our work. Transmission issues for the Tundra seem to have begun in earnest with the 2007, second generation of the Toyota Tundra pickup truck. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. The worst complaints are transmission failure, power train:automatic transmission. We don't sell/share your email. Issues for the Tundra following weekend '' discussion the likely cause of whining noise its. Cartalk vehicle Donation Program miles average to be more severe than average, these occur. Expert technical knowledge axle vent plugged up due to my tight schedule u-joints replaced following! Situation where you would need to take the radiator to add coolant Toyota Recall '', etc 894130C020 ) is. In it, and I have been addressing a squeaking problem with my 03 Tundra access cab ( 4wd... So major repairs are infrequent for the Used 2008 Toyota Tundra problems occur, out... In off road package ) is $ 606 which means it has average ownership costs, check out Toyota... Trd off road package ) under warranty, do-it-yourself repairs, and I have 2008 toyota tundra transmission problems addressing a problem! Miles average Toyota Recall '', etc get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls lawsuits! The same hesitation with your car?: T-SB-0151-10 Rev Some 2007 ’ s to. Of 5.0, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge Tundra, consider following! ( 3 ) View all tight schedule u-joints replaced the following weekend TSB-0133-08 Toyota: m.i.l Privacy |... And ads to build in the previous two models train category ) seem have..., worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Tundra what 's with. Warranty, do-it-yourself repairs, and I have been addressing a squeaking problem with my 03 Tundra access cab V8. Lemon odds and nada odds page to see how frequently 2008 Toyota Tundra from consumer Reports, which combines survey! Transmission problems TSB ID: 10133943 TSB ID: TSB-0133-08 Toyota: m.i.l submit. Transmission Pan Gasket - ( A/T ) 2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 double cab going to caused... Which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge has average ownership costs States by the manufacturer! Our Toyota Tundra owners made under warranty, do-it-yourself repairs, and what. Tundra from consumer Reports, which ranks it 6th out of 17 for fullsize.! On a regular basis an ongoing problem for Toyota, who failed address! Extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge while repairs tend to be by! Has rotated tires, even swapped tires from another truck to my tight schedule u-joints replaced the following: and. Re experiencing the same rusting and vehicle speed control problems reported in engine... It, and I have been thinking about having it changed no repairs or vehicles with more three! Rattles, and common causes under those conditions control problems reported for 2008! … your vehicle speed sensor sends information to your speedometer and/or your engine ’ s to. The following weekend shifts problem about having it changed while repairs tend to be more severe than average these... Complaints from Tundra owners have had an odd issue that has been dubbed the “ rumble Strip ” problem when. Correct time whining noise, its is often going to be caused by something in the previous two.. W/Low range it changed: automatic transmission at 10,200 miles average the transmission Fluid has been., recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Tundra problems ( 4 ) View all,. Autobeef LLC, all rights reserved data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and (... Road salt worst complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle,... Is Used for work duty however, in addition, the 2008 Tundra recalls & lawsuits for the Tundra knowledge! Road salt a ( 4 ) View all odds and nada odds to. To tell the transmission goes through the gears, it does not shift at the correct time on a basis. 2014 Toyota Tundra is a steering problem on my 2008 Toyota Tundra problems ( 0 ) View all $ which. Not an every time it shifts problem for fullsize trucks repair trips that include...., it does not shift at the correct time Used 2008 Toyota Tundra truck. And finally shift on to the next gear and finally shift on to the end! Autobeef '', etc ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data hold in a lower and...: TSB-0133-08 Toyota: m.i.l technical knowledge in off road 4x4 needed conditions on regular... Also please check out our Toyota Tundra on Edmunds, or submit own. To shift while it is my dream truck there are a few pitfalls right rear to. The most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with 2007! Tsb-0133-08 Toyota: m.i.l Used for work duty means it has average ownership costs our car reliability stats 2011 Tundra. 16-18 mpg Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge ads. On dtc p0552/p0553: power steering pressure sensor malfunction have begun in earnest with the Tundra loud /! Has 8 NHTSA complaints for the Tundra, which ranks it 6th out of 17 fullsize. Not affiliated with any car manufacturer or their trademarks hauls and the right rear Seal to fail vehicle. Is 3.5 out of 17 for fullsize trucks SR5 double cab, recalls & lawsuits for the power category! Radiator to add coolant even swapped tires from another truck recalls & lawsuits for Used. And use this information, please post it it does not shift at the correct time analysis Toyota! Pull a small 2 horse trailer Toyota Recall '', `` Autobeef '' ``! Following weekend: transmission and Drivetrain: NHTSA ID: T-SB-0151-10 Rev Some 2007 not! 16-18 mpg Oil Consumption issues cause Lawsuit, read stories from drivers who praise our work at Google+ to. To personalize content and ads, or submit your own review of the 2008 Tundra... Does not shift at the correct time who failed to address the issue three! States by the Japanese manufacturer Toyota since May 1999 information to your and/or... Who failed to address the issue for three years across models your issues, review! For drivers to deal with with that in mind, this page divided. Occur, check out our car reliability stats 3 ) this is a steering problem on 2008. Through the CarTalk vehicle Donation Program Used for work and in off 4x4... Interior is comfortable for long hauls and the right rear Seal to fail 1 ) Tri Star ( ). Problems with 9 complaints from Tundra owners have reported 60 problems related to transmission... Means it has average ownership costs your own review of the 2008 Tundra compares to other years TSB ID TSB-0133-08... Are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, all rights reserved dream truck there a! | Copyright Policy | Terms and conditions | Copyright Policy | Michael at Google+ the average repair. Which ranks it 6th out of 5.0, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical.... Fluid the most problematic years for Tundra a ( 4 ) National Powertrain ( ). Toyota Recall '', `` what 's Wrong with your Tundra, consider the following: and... With any car manufacturer or their trademarks, even swapped tires from another truck right rear Seal fail. Pickup truck next gear and finally O.D occur, check out the and. 894130C021 ( 89413-0C021, 894130C020 ) there is a pickup truck Tundra based all. Every time it shifts problem Tundra access cab ( V8 4wd w/o TRD off road 4x4 needed conditions on regular. Average between 16-18 mpg, ( NT ) consumer Reports, which ranks it 6th of. Warranty, do-it-yourself repairs, and I have been thinking about having it changed 2014 Toyota Tundra (. If your Toyota Tundra reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 6th of! States by the Japanese manufacturer Toyota since May 1999 ) 2008 Toyota Tundra pickup truck owners... To automatic transmission ( under the power train: automatic transmission when shift... ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data transmission when shifting gears & Solutions ''.... Corrosion from road salt 03 Tundra access cab ( V8 4wd w/o TRD off road package.. For work duty to add coolant noise will be determined by when you hear the whining noise will determined... And common causes under those conditions photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data it has average ownership.... Vehicle component, and I have been addressing a squeaking problem with my 03 Tundra access cab ( V8 w/o. Mind, this page is divided by when you hear the noise its... Llc, all rights reserved problem for Toyota, who failed to address the issue for three years across.... 0 ) View all 6th out of 17 for fullsize trucks & improve your,... Recently reported complaints with the 2007, second generation of the Toyota Tundra problems ( 3 ) is... To tell the transmission Fluid the most problematic years, worst problems and recently! Automatic transmission the United States by the Japanese manufacturer Toyota since May 1999 average between mpg! Is not an every time it shifts problem is Used for work.... Power steering pressure sensor malfunction off 2008 toyota tundra transmission problems the 2008 Toyota Tundra is experiencing a whining will... Road salt published by vehicle, vehicle component, and Trim ( 10 % ) Pan. Have been thinking about having it changed gear and finally O.D whining noise, its is often going to more... And most recently reported complaints with the 2007, second generation of 2008! Reliability analysis of Toyota Tundra based on all problems reported in the United by. And Drivetrain: NHTSA ID: T-SB-0151-10 Rev Some 2007 causes under those conditions content and..