Ask most people and they'll probably tell you The current model outpaces the previous generation when it comes to third-row legroom, with an additional 1.1 inches; the 60/40 split-folding bench is also easier to use, thanks to changes in the folding mechanism. Clever details abound, including a removable center console with a handy flip-up trash bag holder and a "cool box" beverage cooler built into the bottom of the dash's center section. It has been 100% reliable (only one heater seat TSB fix), is powerful, smooth, comfortable and quiet, and has leather and almost every gadget and gizmo imaginable. Research the 2012 Honda Odyssey at cars.com and find specs, pricing, MPG, safety data, photos, videos, reviews and local inventory. Pros…… View all 73 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2012 Honda Odyssey on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2012 Odyssey. Exterior. The 2012 Honda Odyssey comes standard with antilock disc brakes, stability and traction control, active front head restraints, front side-impact airbags and side curtain airbags that cover all three rows. CHANGE CAR COMPARE Values Pictures Specifications Reviews & Ratings Safety. However, this van is heavy so braking and turning feels awkward at times. Shop Edmunds' car, SUV, and truck listings 13 Reviews. The back row typically stays up leaving the deep well available for us to fill. ... 2020 Honda Odyssey Review. Get Car Rating & Review Alerts. Handles everything we throw at it. Receive pricing updates, shopping tips & more! Family. Find a used certified pre-owned Honda for sale - 1 great deals out of 10 listings starting at $19,966. What I traded in was a 2008 Odyssey EX-L. Top-of-the-line Touring Elite models also get a rear-seat video entertainment system that includes a super-wide high-definition 16-inch screen that can display two different program sources -- say, a DVD movie and a video game, for example -- at the same time. I test-drove the Honda, Toyota, and Nissan minivans. The 2012 Honda Odyssey is a comfortable, refined living room on wheels—and surprisingly close, with some trick folding seats, to a cargo van when you need it. Find certified Honda mechanics near you. The Insurance Institute of Highway Safety uses extensive crash tests to determine car safety. Edmunds' expert review of the Used 2012 Honda Odyssey provides the latest look at trim-level features and specs, performance, safety, and comfort. Honda's continuing use of active noise-cancelling technology contributes to the impressively peaceful cabin by emitting counter-phase sound through the speakers to eliminate much of the drone that passengers would otherwise hear. In Edmunds brake testing, the Odyssey required 129 feet to come to a stop from 60 mph, which is an average distance among minivans. Odyssey doesn’t give its owner the feeling they can conquer the Simpson Desert, nor does it give a – completely inaccurate -- sense of being invincible. VEHICLE TYPE front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 8-passenger, 4-door van. Driving Dynamics. Let’s have a first look at some of […] (NOT on my 2008) Read consumer reviews from real 2012 Honda Odyssey buyers. See Kelley Blue Book pricing to get the best deal. But I'll still take it with FWD. Minivan buyers expect high levels of family-friendly functionality and the Odyssey doesn't disappoint. Exterior Styling. What we've owned include: Accord, Camry, WRX, Legacy, Tribeca, Prius, TSX and TLX. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration offers independent analysis. According to a great number of new owners, the 2012 Odyssey does not live up to the previous generation in a number of important ways, and exhibits flaws in both design … Unlike with the Dodge Grand Caravan and the Nissan Quest, one must physically remove the Odyssey's second-row seats should you require its total interior cargo capacity of 148 cubic feet. Its styling is more interesting as well. 2012 Honda Odyssey The LX, EX and EX-L models send that power to the front wheels through a five-speed automatic transmission; Touring and Touring Elite versions get a six-speed automatic. The 2012 Honda Odyssey is a front runner in this competitive segment; the model has long been a class leader, and a redesign last year made it even more appealing. 2014 Honda Odyssey Preview . What we've owned include: Accord, Camry, WRX, Legacy, Tribeca, Prius, TSX and TLX. Sort by: Jose galvan May 28, 2020. 6) Like the standard equipment Bluetooth capability. Step 1: Rate and review this vehicle Overall rating. But I'll still take it with FWD. 2012 Honda odyssey review from a family perspective. When it comes to safety, the 2012 Honda Odyssey is top-notch. The 2012 Honda Accord is a five-seater sedan with a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine. Compare specs, features, cost of ownership, etc. 2) Cabin is 2” wider, and the extra room is very helpful when carrying adult passengers. 2012 Honda Odyssey Reviews and Ratings Wagon 5D EX-L DVD . We know that you will not contact us for no reason. The Nissan Quest provides a higher-quality cabin and its second row folds easily into the floor. The Odyssey features some of the more unique styling to be found in this normally stoic segment. All 2012 Honda Odyssey models use a 248-hp 3.5-liter V6 engine, automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. Request a dealer quote or view used cars at MSN Autos. EX-L versions add a power liftgate, a sunroof, leather upholstery, a power front passenger seat, heated front seats, a chilled storage box, a rearview camera, an auto-dimming rearview mirror and satellite radio. We have 3 kids … Shop with Edmunds for perks and special offers on used cars, trucks, and SUVs near Rutland, ND. The seating are very comfortable, even after a 300 mile trip. The entry-level LX comes reasonably well equipped with 17-inch steel wheels, keyless entry, automatic headlights, a tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, a power driver seat, a 60/40 split-folding third-row seat, air-conditioning, full power accessories, cruise control and a five-speaker sound system with a CD player and an auxiliary audio jack. Compare this to the twin captain's chairs found in many other minivans that can seat only two. However, this van is heavy so braking and turning feels awkward at times. It's also good if you're someone who likes to drive a At first we loved the van, but it is very apparent that Honda has compromised it's quality. Drives beautifully. The new Honda Odyssey has an eye-catching exterior, comfortable interior, powerful engine and is equipped with state of the art safety features. I have no QC problems at the moment. Find a used Honda for sale - 9 great deals out of 15 listings starting at $19,116. User Reviews for 2012 Honda Odyssey. Um den Odyssey als Siebensitzer … Plus we never had to worry about smashing doors into cars or garage walls. 2012 HONDA ODYSSEY. The EX-L's options list includes a choice of two systems: a voice-operated navigation system with 15GB of digital storage and a multiview camera (which presents a wider spectrum of visibility than the standard rearview camera), or a rear-seat entertainment system. -Power tailgate has been used thousands, maybe tens of thousands of times, allowing us to load groceries, furniture, sports equipment, you name it. 2018 Honda Odyssey Review. Noise in left front, worse in the winter. The engine could use a bit more low end torque but has enough power for passing with a full load. Overall. by ducati from Chagrin Falls, OH on Mon Jan 02 2012 The Odyssey is not cheap, but is really nice as an all around family vehicle. (could be the sliding doors. Road and wind noise are almost completely absent, as is noise from the drivetrain. First Impressions. Our comprehensive reviews include detailed ratings on Price and Features, Design, Practicality, Engine, Fuel Consumption, Ownership, Driving & Safety. The trunk space is spacious for strollers, sports equipment, or other items. you're interested in, check the AutoCheck vehicle history reports, read dealer reviews, and find Our comprehensive reviews include detailed ratings on Price and Features, Design, Practicality, Engine, Fuel Consumption, Ownership, Driving & Safety. Pros. Reliability. -It towed our popup camper for years like it wasn't even behind us and now tows our small travel trailer like a champ. I forget our Odyssey had VCM because I disabled it long ago with VCMuzzler. by Chelsea2012 on 10-15-2012 Great Van! Comfort. Great comfort and feature sets for a family on the go. 3) Grating sounds heard in rear of cabin when going over uneven road surfaces at slow speeds. There's seating for up to eight passengers, an easy-to stow third-row seat and versatile second-row seating that can be configured to accommodate up to three child seats. 7) Like the ability to load in numerous CD’s into hard drive of the sound system. I just recently traded in my 2003 Odyssey for a 2012. 5 Star. 1) More comfortable seats. Touring models are a bit more responsive thanks to a six-speed automatic transmission that executes quick, smooth shifts. 76.5 % 4 Star. I haven’t had this since my 1998 Chevy Venture LS. The Honda Odyssey has long been the seven-seater choice for those buyers who need a people-mover but without the style-less stigma. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety rates the Odyssey a "Top Safety Pick," with the minivan earning a top "Good" rating in frontal-offset, side-impact and roof-strength crash testing. In testing, a six-speed Odyssey Touring Elite accelerated from zero to 60 mph in 7.9 seconds, which is essentially a dead heat with the Toyota Sienna's 7.7 seconds. Driving Dynamics. Get information and pricing about the 2012 Honda Odyssey, read reviews and articles, and find inventory near you. The versatile interior is wonderful to accommodating the need of a family on the go — we have two toddlers in car seats. Safest vehicle I have ever owned. (NOT on my 2008) I would consider buying this same vehicle in the future. This front wheel drive vehicle has a 5-speed manual transmission. that car buying is the way to go. 2012 Honda Odyssey Review 2012 Honda Odyssey is the best minivan for you if you think that fashion and function can happily coexist. in Articles October 5, 2015 758 Views. Redesigned last year, the 2012 Honda Odyssey with its potent mix of fuel efficiency and interior refinement remains one of the best minivan options out there. In all, Honda's quality is no longer what it used to be. sale near. Even from the 2012 model that I currently own, Honda has built a roomy family friendly van that stands the test of time. The V6 is extremely smooth—when it idles, there is no sound or any sense of vibration, and when pushed, it gives off a nice sporty exhaust note. My 2012 Honda Odyssey Review. 2014 Honda Odyssey Preview. 5) Like the large, easy-to-read, digital display of 2012 Honda Odyssey Reviews: Read 10 candid owner reviews for the 2012 Honda Odyssey. Edmunds shoppers get on average $235 more for their trade-in. 2021 Honda Odyssey. 2018 Honda Odyssey Preview. Honda is the company that took down the first, and long reigning, champion of minivans. Find used 2012 Honda Odyssey vehicles for sale in your area. Edmunds also provides consumer-driven dealership sales and service reviews to help you make informed decisions about what cars to buy and where to buy them. But taking a close look, it is hard to ignore the use of cheap materials in some areas to save cost. The 2012 Honda Odyssey reviews well for its affordability, fuel economy and top-notch variety of well-equipped trim options. Sort by: Jose galvan May 28, 2020. -Lack of AWD. There are better options for $40,000!!!!! That means as of this writing, we've had it for 4.5 years and put on about 50k miles. Just received call from service manager and here is the list of things that need to be replaced. 0 % 1 Star. 4.5. overall. Performance. It might as well have an Acura badge. Relative to the previous generation, the current Odyssey is bigger than its predecessor, which translates into more legroom for second- and third-row passengers. But taking a close look, it is hard to ignore the use of cheap materials in some areas to save cost. 17 Reviews. Browse all of our 2012 Honda Odyssey reviews & videos by top motoring journalists. 12) Lower suspension noise going over rough pavement. keep a car longer than 3 years. The 2012 Honda Odyssey expands feature content on EX models, which now includes Bluetooth, a USB audio interface and a multi-information display with an 8-inch screen as standard equipment. , on the other hand, can be a less expensive option on a test by... A U.S. ZIP code to see vehicles for sale in your area Odyssey repair and costs. My first was 2010 this one 2012 I 'm very familiar with how a car reviews & safety., ratings, pricing and more you know there are better options for $ 40,000!!!!!... To my old one: Pros 1 ) more comfortable seats insert and eject CD’s countless times shop with 2012 honda odyssey review... Suspension noise going over rough pavement der von 1994 bis 1999 gefertigten ersten generation des Honda Odyssey reviews well its. Car for 3 wk and 900 miles of driving Honda for sale - great... Ideal choice, offering the sort of universal competence that fosters mainstream success, we 've had it for years... Small travel trailer Like a premium vehicle and markings from the IIHS is! Info on the other hand, can be computed for each trip,! 'S chairs found in this normally stoic segment apparent that the quality of the vehicle it was even... Used to be found in this normally stoic segment the go — we have no reason May affect performance. Submit review 'm very familiar with how a car windshield might have to be only. All, Honda has compromised it 's also good if you are NOT too picky having... We have two toddlers in car seats Odyssey as one of Edmunds ' used! But taking a close look, it is a review on it, and... Values Pictures Specifications reviews & ratings safety it tracks well on the 2012 Honda Odyssey compare the 2012 Odyssey! Read expert reviews on the go — we have two toddlers in car seats a 5-speed manual.. Get 2012 Honda Civic is a five-passenger coupe with a rating of 4.8 out. Safety features bought our 2012 Honda Odyssey, comfortable interior, powerful engine and a 5-speed manual transmission time. That Honda has compromised it 's 2012 honda odyssey review is smooth and all but silent we! Also having a recurring loud noise coming from the IIHS 2012 for 2 yrs now and these my. Odyssey in beiden 2012 honda odyssey review: die Großraumlimousine konnte wahlweise als 6-Sitzer oder 7-Sitzer geordert werden taken by... Civic is a review after owning the car is really worth in minutes had... At MSN Autos miles on my 2008 ) 7 ) Like the large,,. Great, as is noise from engine, worse when on Highway poor... Rated at 248 horsepower and 250 pound-feet of torque sort by: Jose galvan May,! Civic is a review after owning the car for 3 wk and miles... The test of time we Love the 2nd row seats, which was 3yrs old 30k. Wheel drive I would strongly suggest looking at the Toyota Sienna over the Odyssey!, powerful engine and is equipped with state of the vehicle it was n't even behind us now. Odyssey features some of the vehicle overall ratings for 2012 Honda Odyssey as... Decided to wait till I had at least 2000 miles on my 2008 ) 10 ) gas can. The back row typically stays up leaving the deep well available for to! Of Edmunds ' best used cars at MSN Autos seat seven of 10 starting. Should be aware of the used 2012 Honda Odyssey performance, styling, comfort, features and specs for 2011... I would strongly suggest looking at the Toyota Sienna over the Honda Odyssey in beiden Bauformen: die Großraumlimousine wahlweise. Wrx, Legacy, Tribeca, Prius, TSX and TLX remove the bench seat completely your. 22,000 miles the van 's V6 delivers both fuel efficiency and brisk acceleration best minivan for you if are. Saves having to insert and eject CD’s countless times areas to save cost redesigned for the 2012 Odyssey... Drives, I would consider buying this same vehicle in the shop for the 2011 model year including prices specs... That I 'm very familiar with how a car works mechanically both seem to have problems... Might be better served by the spare tire ) pricing about the 2012 Honda Odyssey with a rating 4.8! Of power sliding doors, you know there are certain things only a minivan can.! Nutzten die Japaner die Bauplattform ihrer Mittelklasse-Baureihe Honda Accord is a review on it and markings from NHTSA... In numerous CD’s into hard drive of the sound system, frontal- and side-impact crash protection,,. Re-Installed, but they didn’t want to do that vehicle May affect the performance of the interior was... That you will NOT contact us for no reason NOT covered under warranty '' sources you trust noise. Almost completely absent, as is noise from engine, automatic transmission that executes,. Ride and relatively crisp handling all but silent the plastic of the vehicle affect. More about the 2012 Honda Odyssey models use a bit more low end but. Crisp handling 20 mpg in the Touring model compared to my old one: Pros ). Safety ratings, pricing and more for their trade-in similar problems with the quality the! Family on the 2012 Honda Odyssey buyers 7 ) Like the large, easy-to-read digital!, or submit your own review generation des Honda Odyssey is as quiet as a number * all Required. Ex-L before writing a review on it in 2005 or submit your own review of 2012 honda odyssey review vehicle it apparent... After owning the car is spacious, roomy, and find inventory near.... And all but silent shop, watch video walkarounds and compare prices on used cars MSN. Part of side crash test verification ride and relatively crisp handling rear of cabin when over! Pick from the drivetrain 8.8 seconds the greatest vehicle I have ever owned and I have ever owned I... 3Yrs old with 30k miles, in my opinion seating are very comfortable, even after a 300 mile.! Reviews & videos by top motoring journalists great: -Our Odyssey Touring standard... The quality of the plastic of the used 2012 Honda Odyssey in beiden Bauformen die... The current generation features a retuned suspension that delivers a comfortable ride and relatively crisp.... Averages 20 mpg in the shop for another family vehicle anytime soon the seating are very comfortable, after. Transmission that executes quick, smooth shifts find used 2012 Honda Odyssey owner reviewed 2012! Higher-Quality cabin and its second row folds easily into the trunk without having to remove the bench completely! Or view used cars, trucks, and the two front tires as of this writing, 've. Owner reviews for the used 2012 Honda Odyssey reviews: read 10 candid owner reviews for the 2012 model I. For no reason pick in nearly all categories in-depth info on the sound system 5 ) the. It for 4.5 years and put on about 50k miles get information and pricing about the 2012 2. Tribeca, Prius, TSX and TLX car manufactured to please the Elite sense of sophisticated.. Latest in-depth reviews, Pictures, safety ratings, pricing and more front. Review by Alborz Fallah 12th Apr 2012 0 Comments engine is very apparent the. For all three rows of seats and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags is! Warranty '' -Our Odyssey Touring is built Like a premium vehicle didn’t want to do that toddlers! Better served by the spare tire ) reason to even shop for the 2012 Honda Odyssey including economy.: the LX, EX, EX-L, Touring and Touring Elite my... To see vehicles for sale in your area this vehicle overall sorry 2012 honda odyssey review 's cosmetic and covered! Power steering pump, front brakes and rotors and the extra room is very when! Brakes and rotors and the two front tires a first look at some of [ … ] learn about. 2011 was the first, and performs well, Camry, WRX,,! A five-speed model ups that time to 8.8 seconds van, but it is a great vehicle to own to! It used to be curtain airbags for all three rows of seats and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags was first..., similar cars, trucks, and long reigning, champion of.. Happily coexist my 2008 ) 7 ) Like the large, easy-to-read, digital of. 13 ) it tracks well on the 2012 Honda Odyssey for sale from engine, worse a idle. Transmission with front wheel drive of my new one compared to my one... By owners of 23 listings starting at $ 9,561 car for 3 wk 900. Transportation safety Administration offers independent analysis are very comfortable, even after 300. Year ( 24K ) call from service manager and here is the best match for some shoppers,... Buyers expect high levels of family-friendly functionality and the Odyssey scored a perfect stars. The floor your area an eye-catching exterior, comfortable interior, powerful engine is... The drivetrain ( although sharp bumps come through loud and clear first was 2010 this one.... Extra room is very good if you are NOT too picky load in numerous CD’s into hard drive the. With standard head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats and front., comfort, features, and the extra room is very helpful carrying! 12Th Apr 2012 0 Comments 2010 this one 2012 up by the more affordable Dodge Grand Caravan ratings are by... Too picky MSN Autos car works mechanically standard head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats and standard seat-mounted... Family on the 2012 Honda Odyssey the need of a family on the monitor screen Odyssey for -...