The length of the cable included in the box is 3 meters. The harp is self-adjusting; the headband rides on elastic with the same pressure as the weight as the headphones. Headphones that boost the deep bass like the Audio-Technica ATH-M50, Velodyne vPulse or Sony MDR-V6 will have more entertaining, but less accurate, bass. Used with iPhone/iPod/iPad which have near-zero source impedances, the K702 sounds less different from the DT 880, and is a few dB louder, too. I only tried the K702 on one headphone output with larger output source impedance - the Sony SCD-X777ES player, and it didn't sound good. If you want better sound, man-up and get better headphones like the Audeze LCD-3 instead. If AKG boosted the bass, the recordings you'd create with them would be too thin. That's the whole point of the K702: to lead you into producing great-sounding recordings For actual music enjoyment, I prefer more bass and a little less midrange — but I would certainly prefer to hear music mastered with these headphones than mastered on something else. There isn't much bass compared to other headphones which usually boost it, and that's the whole point of the K702: bass is natural and unboosted. The impedance of AKG K702 is 62 Ohm, while in the case with the other appliance it can be different, either 80 or 250 Ohm. Free shipping on many items. If you prefer jacked bass or tweaked treble, you won't be impressed by the K702. For instance, plugged into the Sony SCD-X777ES' headphone output, the K702s sound almost nasal while the 600 Ω DT 880s sound much better. As far as I’m concerned, the sound performance of the K702 is fantastic. They have enough sensitivity for pop music, but won't go loud enough for music recorded with dynamics left intact. The DT 880 feels more durable and better built with more metal; the K702 feels more floppy and delicate and are made of all-plastic. Everything has more bass when played louder because our ears' sensitivity to low frequencies is reduced at low levels, so, yes, played louder with a bigger amplifier you will hear more bass. The wired design is natural for the type as they are supposed to be used at home/in the studio. Free shipping. They don't emphasize anything. All in all, the K702 sounds composed, if a little cool. $239.98. The headband is leather, but everything else is solid plastic — even the metal-look doodads that hold the leather band to the elastic cords. The K702 has other advantages that make it better. At first glance, these headphones seem a little sinister in their appearance. MSRP: $499. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a552e3e1a3bcfb63f6554fa1dc19853a" );document.getElementById("ccd7192188").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Almost every headphone we test is checked by us: In addition to determining the frequency response, the heart of our measurements, we also evaluate the effects of noise that penetrates from the outside to the inside. The AKG K712 PRO deliver a great sound for critical listening. It costs you nothing, and is this site's, and thus my family's, biggest source of support. The midrange is handled well enough, with linear reproduction. These AKG headphones have a lot of moving parts, and this makes it prone to damage. have had to take, feel free to help me continue helping everyone. The biggest help is when you use any of these links when you get anything, regardless of the country in which you live. $219.99. Last one . New AKG K701 Open-back Ear-Cup Ultra Studio Reference Headphones Comfortable. Made in Austria Your choice between these two is simple since the sound and feel are similar: get the DT 880 for enjoying music, and possibly the K702 for creating it. I mean this in a positive sense, by the way. If you wish to make a printout for personal use, you are granted one-time permission only if you PayPal me $5.00 per printout or part thereof. When you get it to sound great in the K702, it will sound great everywhere. Last one. The K702 impresses from the off, with its packaging featuring an elegant folding design that presents the headphones beautifully. iPods won't have enough output for many tastes, but the K702 sound fine on them — just not loud. The matt black cable offers good grip performance, with a tangle-free design to ensure no hassle when listening on the go. Your email address will not be published. AKG K702: Design. Adorama pays top dollar for your used gear. The K702 have more midrange and less bass than the Audeze LCD-3. This is achieved by using revolutionary flat-wire voice coils and a patented Varimotion two-layer diaphragm. (I thought flat wire coils have been around for decades.). The AKG K702 are completely neutral open-back reference headphones designed for professional mixing and mastering. They combine an extremely accurate response with agility and spaciousness. In this K702, the headband is hard leather. You'd have to spend tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars on loudspeakers and acoustic room treatments and refitments to get sound as smooth, clean, natural and revealing as these headphones give you for a tiny fraction of the price. Adorama pays top dollar for your used gear. If you find this Music for testing your headphones: Our Spotify playlist. It's subtle, but I always prefer the DT 880 for music enjoyment, as opposed to music recording. All rights reserved. Due to its tonal properties, it’s difficult to decide which genres are best suited to playback on the K702. The K702 and the K701 headphones from AKG have an excellent build quality. High frequencies, even at the extreme end, are reproduced in stunning detail. The large ear-cups, coupled with the leather headband, give it somewhat of a retro vibe. The reviewed headphone has had quite a few hours on it already and was kindly sent in by the owner. If you've gotten your gear through one of my links or helped otherwise, you're family. The good news is that the K702 sound equally well with either. With proper Hi-Fi gear like a Benchmark DAC1 HDR, Adcom GTP-500 II, Woo WA7 or even a good home CD player, there is more than enough output and sensitivity to deafen yourself quickly. The K702's are reference, open, over-ear studio headphones for precision listening, mixing and mastering. But here’s the thing: Heavier does not necessarily mean better. Other than this overall balance, there isn't any localized coloration. A totally open design and a high-performance cable complete these reference headphones. Reference Studio Headphones with Crystal-Clear Sound. The K702 is ideal for mixing applications, making them an ideal consideration for those after something to use at home or in the studio. The K702's are reference, open, over-ear studio headphones for precision listening, mixing and mastering.