Weight: 26.5 oz. The FN 509 MRD is a 9mm chambered striker-fired handgun sporting a 4-inch barrel on a 7.4-inch length. “When customers pick up the FN 509 in comparison to other striker-fired 9mm’s, they instantly notice the ergonomics, premium finishes and price point that is competitive. FN America just released the new FN 509 Compact MRD featuring the FN Low-Profile Optics-Mounting System and fully ambidextrous controls. FN 509. And while the FN gun didn’t win the contract, the 509 certainly won the … The first change, and quite often the first upgrade of any FN 509 owner, is the addition of the Apex Action Enhancement Kit.. Our patent-pending design features a totally redesigned trigger bar which allows us to replace … FNH FN509 MIDSIZE 9MM 4 15RD - DA BLK NTS. Now, for the issue. The FN 509 Midsize MRD comes with a FN-branded soft case along with a litany of other gear including the Optics Mounting System and a pair of either 10- or 15-round clips. Fn 509 Midsize Trigger — To me, it all starts with the trigger of any gun I'm manipulating. Building on the launch of the company's full-size FN 509 and 509 Tactical options, the FN 509 Midsize offers a more-compact … The key point is that the 509 shares the same striker that is used in all FNS and 509 pistols. The FN 509 for sale at Omaha Outdoors is a striker-fired, 9mm double action pistol that holds 10 or 17 rounds within its frame. It comes with a soft sided case, a 12 round magazine with pinky extension, and a 14 round extended magazine. The post Ruger Security 9 vs. FN 509 Midsize in a Compact 9mm Pistol Battle appeared first on Personal Defense World. The 509 Compact will be available in black and FDE at an MSRP of … FN 509® Midsize - 9mm Mag 10RD - Black WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. The FN 509 is a polymer frame striker-fired semi-automatic pistol manufactured in Columbia, South Carolina, by FN America, a division of FN Herstal.It is chambered in 9×19mm Parabellum featuring double-action operation and a Picatinny rail located forward of the trigger guard.Tactical, midsize, and compact variants have also … My 509's striker broke. Barrel Length: 4.0" FN 509® Midsize … If you took the time to read Post #1 in the link above, I encountered the same occurrence. Several companies submitted models to compete for the contract, with a customized version of SIG Sauer’s P320 being selected and designated the M17. In a world where accuracy is directly related to proper trigger manipulation, the 509's trigger wall offers an excellent, solid stop after an initial .25-.50 inch or so of take up. Upgrade your EDC with the FN 509® Midsize. Ruger Security 9 vs. FN 509 Midsize in a Compact 9mm Pistol Battle. The Midsize is the current EDC for Andy, who works here in our shop, and he’s made a few changes to the pistol. FN America recently added a model to that category with the 509 Midsize. OUT OF STOCK (0) I posted this in the 509 forum, because my situation occurred with my newest FN (a 509). The holster will also with the optic length of the Trijicon SRO. FN 509® Midsize - 9mm Mag 17RD Sleeve - … With its cocking serrations fore and aft, the lighter spring makes the 509 Midsize easier to rack, but the pistol still performed flawlessly with a variety of ammo weights we tested. msrp: $1,049.00 Caliber: 9mm Operation: Double-action Mag Capacity: 10 or 12/24 Rd. The FN® 509 offers a new level of durability, reliability and ergonomic design. A modern, high performance pistol that will reliably enable the user to survive life-threatening situations FN Herstal has designed and developed a pre-loaded striker pistol for security forces based on user feedback. The FN 509 Compact Tactical is our cover gun for the 2020 Tactical Life Gun Annual! Made for civilian, law enforcement, and military use, the FNH 509 comes standard with fixed 3-dot luminescent sights and features front and rear cocking serrations, a cold hammer-forged stainless-steel … UPC: … FN 509 Compact Tactical LE. With the FN 509 Midsize and FN 509 Tactical in black, customers will now have four additional FN options in the 9mm striker-fired … All while maintaining a easy and smooth draw. The FN 509 Midsize is an ideal choice for those looking for an everyday carry pistol. Here are just 10 of my criteria and factors I use for evaluating any handgun, so I will use them for the FNS-9C.In addition to my criteria, there are other subjective features that may be … FN 509 in Blackpoint Tactical OWB Kydex & Leather- Leather Wing Holster Criteria and Considerations for this FN 509 Compact 9mm Review. Since the introduction of the 509, FN America have steadily expanded the line with midsize and optics ready options. In our latest battle of semi-auto pistols, we test the FN 509 Midsize against the Ruger Security 9 in a showdown between two popular 4-inch variants. FN 509® Compact Tactical FDE. FN, as a manufacturer, doesn’t show up as a real competitor on many of the topic-specific lists like these. FN® 509 Handgun. The FN 509 Midsize 9mm - Full Sized Pistol Performance That is Easily-Concealed. I’m looking at getting my first CCW and have narrowed it down to the compact Sig P320 or the mid-size FN 509. The FN 509 Midsize MRD carries over all of the same features you find on the 509 Midsize but adds the FN Low Profile Optics Mounting System from the 509 Tactical. Adjustable Retention allows you to set your holster exactly how you like it! OUT OF STOCK (2) FN HERSTAL FN 509 9MM DA 17RD Flat Dark Earth FS ... FN HERSTAL 66100464 509 Mid-Size 9mm Double Action 4 10+1 Black. FN 509 Review – Conclusion Overall, I’d say the FN 509 Midsize is an excellent option for those who want a good compromise between a single stack, sub-compact gun and a full-size gun. Buy FN 509 Magazines Factory replacement gun parts, accessories and gunsmithing service on most manufacturers including Browning, Winchester, FN America, Beretta, Benelli Franchi, Stoeger, Remington, Bushmaster, Marlin, Sig … This ideal combination of a four-inch slide and barrel with a midsize frame retains full-sized pistol performance in an easily-concealed package. And best of all...it's compatible with the Apex Action Enhancement Kit for the FN 509. The new FN 509 Midsize pistol is chambered in 9mm and features a four-inch slide and barrel, frame with shortened grip and 15- or 10-round magazine capacity, backward compatibility to higher capacity FN 509 magazines with use of a grip sleeve and fixed three-dot luminescent sights. Rather than being another duty-size service handgun, what was presented was a chopped-down version of the popular FN 509 handgun, dubbed the 509C, for Compact. Tags: FN America Guns Handguns Pistols Ruger ruger security-9. The ANR holster is vacuum formed, and CNC cut … Official FN America Gear - The ANR appendix holster for the FN 509 fits 509, 509 Tactical, 509C, and 509M.