Very disappointing in the bat. The 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 is a one-piece alloy construction, whereas the 2016 Louisville Slugger Prime 916 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBP9163 is a three-piece composite design. The bat rules for high school baseball are not changing, so the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 will still be legal. Pros: all around awesome bat if you cant handle a little sting you shouldnt be playing baseball anyway this thing is juiced! My son is 13 years old and he loves this bat. This is his first BBCOR and is moving from hitting an Easton Mako last season. Mix and match eligible items for extra savings! Louisville Slugger Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 (-3) BBCOR Baseball Bat $ 199.95 USD MSRP Product Information Proven performance at the highest level is what makes the Omaha 517 one of the most tried and true models in baseball for over a decade. Two of his sons, Adam and John Andrew "Bud" were born in the United States and would later join their father in his business. They will compare favorably to one another in terms of feel, performance and durability. The JustBats.com Batting Glove was designed with you, the player, in mind. Also, I have noticed some of the players on our high school team using a smaller bat than what they would normally use because they feel with a smaller/lighter bat they can achieve a faster swing, which in turn helps them a little bit since they are having to use these BBCOR bats. The 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 is a balanced bat, but would offer more stiffness than the MAKO due to it's one piece design. The 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 is BBCOR certified and thus can be used in both Babe Ruth 13-15 division and high school; high school requires BBCOR models. 8. What do you recommend? Does a 33"/30 oz sound like too much for a 4'11" 7th grader? Is the Omaha 517 better than the Solo 617? My son is 15 years old and is 5'7" & weighs 190 pounds. What bat size is good for him? The Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 has baseball bat lovers drooling at the mouth. Eight years before, the 1834 Book of Sports had made its debut as the nation's first publication covering baseball. Score. Pros: great pop and very loud ping sounds great. I would swing a 34 inch in the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR model. The one piece construction of the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 would benefit a power hitter, but if you're looking for something with a bit of an end load, I would take a look at the 2018 Louisville Slugger Select 718 BBCOR Baseball Bat: WTLBBS718B3 in a 33" size. For a player of your height and age, we would strongly recommend getting the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 in a 32 inch model. Utilizing a three-stage thermal treatment process, our new AZR alloy offers a more responsive microstructure for better feel, more […] also looks amazing, Cons: if you make bad contact it can hurt but otherwise its great. The end cap creates the expertly weighted bat to give you a balanced swing weight and ultimate bat speed. Is this bat a good choice for a power hitter who likes to feel some weight in the barrel? Pros: great bat, ball flies off of it. Through the process of this the bat slowly started to loose its pop. My son is 13 yrs old and weighs 102 lbs, height is 5'4". I have a 32 and a 34 inch bat but the 34 is too big. Is it legal for senior league, junior high ball and travel tournament baseball in 2018? The 916 will have more flex in the swing than the 517 because of the three-piece construction. and swing weight. Louisville Slugger Marvel Avengers USA (-12.5) WTLUBESM2T9 Tee Ball Bat, 25/12.5. Pros: overall youncant beatvthis bat for the price. I just hit a home run recently with this bat, it was my 3rd plate appearance. he has even borrowed the same bat from other boys and hits their bat similar to demo bat, can't figure this one out, we must have gotten a lemon. Also for Babe Ruth 13 to 15 year? What is your opinion? Pro Louisville Slugger Ash Black Baseball Bat Richmond Braves 31" $29.99 + shipping . Also has a very stiff feel, and gets stiffer and stiffer with more use. Yes, that does sound a bit large. 5. You could tell a difference between the pop and sound of the bat. Pros: Has amazing pop. USSSA, AABC, Babe Ruth, Dixie Youth, Pony, NEW ST 7U1+ Alloy 1-piece construction that delivers a huge sweet spot and stiffer feel on contact, NEW custom Lizard Skin premium performance grip. Bat Weight (Donut Style) Fits Over The End Of The Bat & Helps Improve Bat Speed, Thumb Pad To Minimize Potential Bat Sting To The Hands, Knob Pad to Provide Bottom Hand Comfort During The Swing, NEW Gator Grip Pine Tar Stick Improves Grip & Ensures An Extended Life Span For Grip, 1.1 MM Lizard Skin Bat Grip To Maximize The Player's Grip, All The Bat Accessories You Need To Take Your Game To The Next Level. the grip when you get the bat is very good, on the smaller side. My son is a small 7th grader trying out for middle school team and needs to move up to a BBCOR bat. This bat can be used in high school, correct? Pick up yours today with free shipping right here at JustBats.com. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. It is exactly what most players who are looking for balance need. Pros: Bought bat for my 14 year old son and he loves it. The Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 2 5/8" Senior League bat is built with a 7U1+ 1-piece Alloy construction, a large sweet spot and delivers stiffer feel upon contact. The 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat (BBO5173) will not be legal by USA Bat standards as it does not have the USA stamp on it. What size bat does he need? love the design and the look of the bat. A bat often chosen by top college players, the Omaha 517 is a tried and true line that resonates at all levels. Would this bat be the best fit for me out of the Louisville 2017 lineup? Based on your player's height and weight, we would recommend getting the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 in a 30 inch model. Browser Not Supported. There is a model for BBCOR, USSSA, and big barrel little league. To get an exact answer to your question though, I would recommend reaching out to a coach or league official to see if your league will be allowing BBCOR bats. Yes, this 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat (BBO5173) is made of aluminum material. Should he be hitting the 32" or 33" in the Omaha BBCOR? Pros: Amazing pop. 2020 Louisville Slugger Omaha Review: Value.Value. Since you are used to swinging a bat with a -10 length-to-weight ratio, the move to a -3 BBCOR bat will be a significant change and could slow down the swing speed initially. This is going to make it a little bit more durable than the 2016 model, and offer a little bit larger sweet spot. Cancel Unsubscribe. Ball players get the best of nearly 130-plus years of innovation all rolled into this one-piece alloy construction. The Omaha is made with a Balanced Swing Weight, giving you increased swing speed and improved bat control. In addition, enjoy the EAZYPull-Tab Zippers to get in and out of the bag quickly while also utilizing fence hooks to hang it. Free Shipping! Is this good for a 13 year old and for high school? Pros: Amazing bat. This size 29/26 fits him well. This year, the Omaha 517 features an improved ST 7U1+ Alloy blend to help strengthen the metal and deliver an even more durable one-piece bat. The composite end-cap on the Solo 617 gives the bat a very balanced feel (even a more balanced feel than this Omaha 517). My son is 14 and entering high school. 2017 Marucci CAT 7 BBCOR Baseball Bat: MCBC7 will be very similar bats. The 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 is an excellent bat to consider for someone that is a contact hitter. The biggest difference between the two is that the VELO features a composite end cap, giving it a slightly lower M.O.I. The 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 is a BBCOR certified bat featuring a 2 5/8" barrel diameter, so it would not say that it is approved for Little League on the bat. You can barley feel the sting. 8.7. Orig bought the Easton beast X Speed. Pros: Great pop. The 1-piece construction that delivers a huge sweet spot and stiffer feel on contact. He's getting ready to turn 15 and starting his freshman year of baseball. Powerful, comfortable, and wildly consistent. But we cannot make any guarantees. Is this bat aluminum? So what would be a good bat for me? 9.1. We're here from click to hit! Order the official bat grip of Major League Baseball today! But the new one we got just doesn't have the same pop. i would recomenf this bat to anybody who is looking for a nice balenced bat. Both the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 and the Marucci CAT 7 are one-piece alloy bats with balanced swing weights. Designed with a thermally treated AZR alloy for a more responsive and forgiving feel, the balanced one-piece CAT9 features a massive sweet spot that is ready to do damage right out of the wrapper. Crafted excellence. Sometimes the end cap glue from the inside of the bat can become loose and cause a rattling noise in the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173. one piece alloy. Pros: This bat has great feel and amazing pop. Which bat has a bigger sweet spot, the 2017 VELO or the Louisville Slugger 517? If the same size and product is out of stock on the competitor's website, we are unable to match their price. I personally received the bat for my birthday.The bat I got is a 33 -5 despite me having the same bat just an inch shorter.I've only been using the bat for 4 months now and I really like the fit of the bat and how it feels. Cons: it is too pretty. The swing weight feel on the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 should be very similar to that of the Old Hickory Trout model. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR (-3) Baseball Bat, 31"/28 oz at Amazon.com. Cons: people complaning about mis hitting balls amd it stinging if you want to go pro and hit one off a wood bat now thats stinging bone rattling sting suck it up this bats great, Pros: super light for small and not so strong players. This bat contains the BBCOR stamp that is required for high school and college play. It is a one piece alloy design but when I made solid compact it felt and sounded like a composite bat. and is 4 foot 9. We do have the 2016 Louisville Slugger Omaha 516 End Loaded BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5163H in a 34" size if that interests you. The handle diameter and weight distribution will be similar though. Does this bat feature an end-loaded swing or balanced? High School/College 2018 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 (-3) 28 oz 31" Bat. Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173. Based on your sons height and weight I would recommend a 31"/28 ounce 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat (BBO5173) for him. Amazon.com: 517 omaha slugger - 2 Stars & Up. good quality plenty of pop. Which bat would be better for a home run type of guy? DSP (Dura-Soft Polymer) batting grip was created based off the highly successful DSP handlebar tape for road bikes. I am 6 foot and 133 pounds and am 13 years old. i dont want to throw it on the ground after i hit the ball. They told me to ship it back and pick another bat and credited my account back in full. Both bats will feature one-piece all alloy construction and both bats will have exceptional durability. Based on your height and weight, I would suggest a 32.5" 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173. Pros: Surprised by how much pop the bat has. I am 5'8" and weigh 110 lbs. (2) Overall, the barrel material and barrel length between the two bats is pretty similar and I think the corresponding sweet spots should be similar too. Louisville Slugger 517. - Ben L. The Cat 9 was everything I’ve come to expect from Marucci. How would this bat compare to last years 516 model? This bat will be especially attractive for older power hitters who want a stiff feel when making contact with a baseball. Can't figure out why, other than did we just get a poor bat. good durability as well, lasted about a year with nearly constant use. The Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 Youth bat is built with a 7U1+ 1-piece Alloy construction, a large sweet spot and delivers stiffer feel upon contact. 2017 Louisville Slugger 517 Omaha We recently spent considerable time in the cage with the new 2017 Louisville Slugger 517 Omaha. © 2000-2020 Pro Athlete, Inc. 10800 North Pomona Ave, Kansas City, MO 64153. My son is 5'8" and 180 lbs and 14 yrs old. Have a question about the Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173? Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 32"/29oz/2-5/8dia Baseball Bat. Although the sweet spots are not the same on these two bats there is not going to be a significant difference between the two and, as such, both would be great options to consider. 1,037 Related listings in Bats. I'm used to swinging a -10, but I'm going into high school. Also haven't noticed any scratches or dents, even with many mishits. This bag features 3 compartments: (1) A main section (2) A vented shoe section and (3) A hidden zippered section. I am considering this bat, but am interested in how it compares to the LS 916 bat? He wants a 30 inch Louisville Slugger. After the young wood shop apprentice lathed a quality stick from white ash, according to the story, Browning got three hits with it in the next game. My son is 5'4" and approx 110 lbs. My son is 12 and weighs about 120. 32in 27oz It was evenly distributed weight wise. Loading Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat 32 Inch 29 Oz at the best online prices at eBay! Pros: It was very light and I felt like I had more control in the box. Mesh Backing on Knuckles - Improves Flexibility and Durability, Vented to Allow Moisture and Heat to Escape. Call Us at 1-866-321-2287 for Assistance. It has a pretty balanced swing feel and one-piece, all-alloy design that has been very popular. Shipped with USPS First Class Package. A bat often chosen by top college players, the Omaha 517 is a tried and true line that resonates at all levels. I tend to be more of a gap hitter than a power hitter. Stepping up to the plate with a Louisville Slugger Omaha bat means facing the pitcher with complete confidence. If you searched for a specific term, please broaden your search. However, at contact with a ball, both bats will feature the same stiff feel and great performance. But it is a one pice design and typically power hitters prefer one piece designs. Cons: Coming off of using composite bats, doesn't have the same kind of pop as eastons or demarinis, but more than the solo 916 or prime 917. Also very affordable for a high end bat. As well, for this 2017 Omaha 517, Slugger will cease using the Flexband technology that helped keep older models of the bat within the requirements set forth by BBCOR certification. Great looking. Youth Baseball Bat 2-5/8" $49.99. Is this going to a be a stiff flex or a regular flex bat? However, the Exogrid differs as it has composite inserts in the handle to bring the swing weight down a little. What bat size do you recommend for him? However, the 2018 Slugger bats have been released. Cons: the pop doesnt last long and the sweet spot is very small. Louisville Slugger 2019 Omaha 519 (-3) 2 5/8" BBCOR Baseball Bat, 29"/26 oz . I love it. If you have a slower swing speed I would look at dropping down to a 33 inch 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR model. The Solo 617 has a different balanced swing weight feel compared to the Omaha 517 and might be a better fit for some. The Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 has baseball bat lovers drooling at the mouth. Great price. We're here for you from Click to Hit! Louisville Slugger Omaha 519 Details. I'm 5'8" and weigh 115 and play for our school modified team and intermediate (50-70) and want to know which one of these bats would be the best for me. The 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 and 617 are very similar. Wow is all I had to say, in practice I was hitting absolute bombs and was so excited I had to buy my own. The new 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat (BBO5173) and the 2016 Louisville Slugger Omaha 516 Senior League Baseball Bat (SLO5160) are going to be extremely similar with only minor differences. We’ll let you know when this high-demand product is available for purchase. In 1880 Bud Hillerich, who was an amateur baseball player, became an apprentice in his father's shop. stiff feel for the bat. Based on his height and weight, I would suggest a 33" model of the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173. The Velo or 5150? Louisville Slugger 2016 Omaha big barrel baseball bat is one of the strongest and sturdiest options for the adult players who need power in the play and allow them to play with their full potential. Literally sounded like a wood bat. The Omaha is always a high performing and durable model featuring a one-piece, alloy design with a balanced swing weight. Some of the USA leagues are allowing BBCOR bats as the performance off the barrel will be very similar. As a bonus, slick new graphics and a custom Lizard Skin premium performance bat grip add comfort and style while decreasing vibration and sting. This or the 917? As useful for bats as this Glove Care Kit is for gloves! Manufacturing tolerances, performance considerations, and grip weight may cause variations from the listed weight/Mass Index. Which size bat do you think I should have, a 32" or 33"? I need to have a -3 bat for my senior league but I need a 32 inch 22 or 23 oz and I can't find one that low of a weight in a -3. They are extremely comfortable and durable. He is 5 ft tall. Pros: my sons swing has really improved tremendously!!!! The Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 Youth bat is built with a 7U1+ 1-piece Alloy construction, a large sweet spot and delivers stiffer feel upon contact. How much pop does it have? This 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat (BBO5173) will be different from the Omaha 516 because of the new ST 7U1+ alloy material that allows for a big sweet spot and a stiffer feel at contact. It does not have the USSSA stamp. As one of the very first to swing the original 515 and 516 Omaha from Louisville Slugger, we have hit regularly with each of those bats over the course of the last two years. Based on your players height and weight, we suggest a 33" model of the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173. However, with time, I think your bat speed will catch up. Good Price Point Is it good if I use a 33 inch of this bat? This is a good age range for a baseball bat nowadays. Having trouble deciding between the 517 and 617? I agree to the Terms of Sale for customized products. Air Diffusion Helps Create A Lighter Body With Greater Emphasis, Cushion Fit Technology Eliminates Abrasion, Rings, & Scratches On The Bat, Distributes Weight Towards The End Of The Barrel, Fits 2 5/8 To 2 3/4 Inch Barrel Baseball Bats, Official Bat Weight Of The USA Baseball National Teams, True Fit Core Ensures A Precise Fit To All Types Of Bats. Based on your specifications, I would recommend that your son swings a 30" 27oz. I am 5'10" and 130 lbs (10th grade). Hillerich, Job Turning" was in operation and filled orders for businesses by custom-turning everything from balusters to bedposts. This also results in reliable power, championship performance, and consistency throughout the season. My son is 13 and plays on a youth team but they have that requirement for bats. Amazon.com: 517 omaha slugger - Louisville Slugger. Fortunately, this one-piece alloy 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 is available in that size. I am 5'2'' 120 lbs and 13 as a freshman in high school. I would look at a 31" length BBCOR model for someone of that height. $81.25. Browning was a star on Louisville's professional American Association team - the Eclipse. $49.95 + shipping . Pros: really nice bat for mid - above average hitters. Check Price Now ! Which option(s) do you want to be notified about? The 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 and the The 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat (BBO5173) is a great option for a 13 year old and a high school player. Louisville Slugger Omaha USA Baseball Bat -10 2 5/8" Barrel WWTLUBO518B10 31/21. lasted be about a season and a half with constant use. The 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 features a balanced swing weight. And you can’t forget the loud acoustic PING on contact! Bat was okay LS customer service horrible. The Omaha is a one piece aluminum bat while the Mako Beast is a two piece composite bat. The USSSA version swings balanced compared to the rest of those in its class. He is 5' and 90 lbs. Pros: I have never been a fan of Louisville bats until I used my buddies. Comfort won't be sacrificed either as there are padded back-straps and a back-plate for when it is fully loaded. All the batting accessories you need to maximize your performance are in this Batter's Box. - Tyler A. Ball players get the best of nearly 130-plus years of innovation all rolled into this one-piece alloy construction. Would this bat be for a contact hitter or a power hitter? Son loves it. Do you recommend a 33-30 or 32.5-29.5? Based on his size right now, we would suggest the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 in the 29" 26oz size if he needs the BBCOR certification. Pros: feels amazing off sweet spot. Shipping: + $15.99 Shipping . This 2017 Omaha is made with all-new ST 7U1+ Aluminum Alloy that delivers a huge sweet spot and a stiffer feel on contact. It has the BBCOR certification that is required for high school and college play. What bat is recommended for a 13 year old? Value. The 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 is a one-piece all alloy construction, so the swing would be more stiff than a two-piece design. 517 Omaha. Very little vibration, even when jammed, considering it's a one piece bat. That direct analysis, combined with well over a thousand hours of writing, reviewing and researching performance single piece aluminum bats, goes into our 2017 Louisville Slugger 517 Omaha Review. We have the final decision for matching an online price. This bat features a one-piece alloy design with a balanced swing weight. But when he arrived in Baltimore, J. Frederick Hillerich would never have dreamed of the future impact his family would have on America's favorite pastime. My son is a high school senior. He's 6'2" and 145 lbs. As far as the size of the bat, we suggest using the largest bat that you can control. Cons: It can give you a couple stingers on mishits, but that is it. The one piece design would offer stiffness that would benefit a power hitter, and the well balanced design would benefit a contact hitter. Lighter feel than most BBCOR bats. Which bat would be best, 32 or 33"? The 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 is a great bat, one of our most popular and highest rated BBCOR bats. Youth big barrel bats/Senior League Bats will offer the lighter drop weights of -12, -10, -8, and -5 (these are the common ones) with -11 and -9 offered by some companies as well. Do you know if this bat is okay for 14U Sandy Koufax League? My son is 11, weighs 88 lbs. He creates great speed through the zone. Some middle school leagues require BBCOR, and some only require USSSA stamps. I can't say enough good things about this bbcor bat. Unfortunately, the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 does not come with the 30 day trial period like the 2016 model does. Is this bat's weight balanced or end loaded? Based on your son's height and weight I would advise going with the 30" size for the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173. $61. I'm 6"1 210 lbs and typically hit for power. Having a comfortable, perfect fit for you is something we at JustBats.com want you to have with your batting gloves. The 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 features a one-piece alloy barrel and will have good pop. 4. Both the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 and the 2016 Rawlings VELO are well-balanced alloy bats. I am not sure I would suggest going up to a 33" model just yet. It feels like you have total control through the zone. I would prefer a bat with just a little sting. Really? Pros: This bat has amazing pop,everything about this bat is great. This year, the Omaha 517 features an improved ST 7U1+ Alloy blend to help strengthen the metal and deliver an even more durable one-piece bat. What size should I swing and am I going to feel my swing speed drop by the weight difference? I was wondering if this would be a good bat or is there something better? Free shipping for many products! Since the player is only 13, we would recommend looking into a -8 model (Senior League Baseball Bat) unless his league requires the use of BBCOR bats. Utilizing their knowledge and experience in developing grips, Lizard Skins designed and created this new innovative batting tape for baseball and softball players. It is one of our most popular and highest rated BBCOR bats. Excellent feel. There isn't much difference between the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 and the 2016 Louisville Slugger Omaha 516 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5163. Is there other options? Would you recommend the 32.5" or 33"? The main difference is that the Louisville Slugger comes with a custom Lizard Skin grip while the DeMarini Voodoo One will come with a more standard DeMarini grip. The bat is created from the ST 7U1+ Alloy. Very little sting, nothing to worry about. My son is 13, 5'6" and weighs 154 pounds. Do you think that a size 32 drop 3 would work well knowing that he is hitting his growth spurt? The 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 would be a great option with what you are looking for. Both bats have been highly rated throughout the years and you really cannot go wrong either way. He is about 5'5" and 105 pounds. Is the 30 in, -3 the right size for this change? The 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat (BBO5173) would be a great option for both contact and power hitters. バットLouisville バット Slugger Senior League Omaha 517 517 2 5/8 29/19 (-10) Baseball Bat, 29/19 oz :pd-00955925:プラネットドリーム 商品情報 海外限定品を迅速輸入! According to company legend, the first bat was turned by Bud for Pete "The Old Gladiator" Browning in 1884. How does the Omaha 517 BBCOR bat compare to the 2017 Marucci CAT 7 BBCOR Baseball Bat: MCBC7? Pros: Good all around bat. $25.60 + shipping . This bag will stick with you every step of your softball or baseball journey. $4.25 2 bids + $14.00 shipping . My son is 6'2" and weighs 205. Pros: not too expensive. It does not need any break in. Skip to main content. comes with lizrd skin. Both the 2017 Louisville Slugger Omaha 517 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBO5173 and the LS Solo 617 are good bats to consider for a power hitter. The Omaha is more end-loaded than the Prime 917 and Solo 617 models, making hit perfect for power hitters and elite ballplayers at the travel and college level. Looks great Thanks! He is 5'7" tall and weighs 160 lbs. Is the 29/26 Omaha 517 BBCOR a good bat for him for middle school? Does this bat say on it that it is approved for Little League?