Makita vs. Milwaukee Brushless Drill and Impact Driver Review 1. Show us what you got. But the biggest difference between them is runtime. this impact driver from Makita is engineered for superior handling and performance. The average user gluing down sub floor completes laying 12 sub floors per year.The M12™ Caulk and Adhesive Gun takes 0.6 seconds per foot of adhesive laid, while manual hand tools take over 1 second per foot of adhesive laid. This is primarily for DIY stuff, I am trying to upgrade from a heavy/big Ryobi that I got in a kit several years ago. Also I found the narrow bodies of the Makita tools to me much more useful to get in tight spots than the conventional battery placement getting in the way. Both are great choices. It's literally just a preference. I ordered the m12 set last week with a free cordless ratchet but debating whether to go with one of the 2 Makita sets instead(sub compact or xt281s compact). Trying to decide between the m12 fuel and the Makita sub compact or compact(xfd13) brushless still/driver options. ... 9 PC BIG HAWG™ with Carbide Teeth Hole Saw Kit w/ PACKOUT™ Compact Organizer 49-56-9295. Testing the new M12 Sub-Compact Band saw on run-time and performance. However, all things considered, the Milwaukee M12 Fuel Gen 2 model performs indistinguishably from the Makita 18V sub compact brushless drill which is likewise appraised for 350 in-lbs. Makita is known for the innovative designs within their cordless tool selection. I owned both the m12 drill and impact driver (newest gen brushless) and the Makita subcompact impact driver and drill. The Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12™ Sub-Compact Band Saw is the most compact and lightest weight cordless band saw on the market. Trying to decide between the m12 fuel and the Makita sub compact or compact(xfd13) brushless still/driver options. Dime… IMO the Milwaukee blows the makita out of the water. The Gen2 Milkwaukee seems like a great set up but for the same price for combos I can’t get Makitas 18v Subcompact. Has anybody had experience with these and can provide some insight. Sub-Compact tools use the same 18V batteries and chargers that work with over 275* solutions in the LXT system. The drill weighs in at just 2.04 pounds bare and 2.88 pounds with the compact battery installed. We all use them. I might be under a bank of cubicles shooting work surfaces and have to retighten the chuck every 4-8 screws. I found a 2ah Makita 18v batteries lasted longer than the 4ah batteries of the m12s, and the 2ah ones just couldn't keep up with continuous use. This sub is for tool enthusiasts worldwide to talk about tools, professionals and hobbyists alike. I have both kind on mine. Milwaukee M12 Sub-Compact is a very popular and one of the most affordable options. If you’re concerned about height, Ridgid is the shortest at 6.0″ and Bosch is just 6.3″. 99 After this success, the company bega… I’m a DIYer but want quality features and long lasting performance. Milwaukee 2457-20 M12 Cordless 3/8" Sub-Compact 35 ft-Lbs 250 RPM Ratchet w/ Variable Speed Trigger (Battery Not Included, Power Tool Only) 4.7 out of 5 stars 3,092 $89.99 $ 89 . I went from Milwaukee M12 to Makita 18V sub-compact and I’ll tell you that the perceived size difference is negligible when working in tight spaces. The M12 Caulk and Adhesive Gun is the lightest, most compact cordless powered caulk gun on the market today. Milwaukee and Bosch seem to … Milwaukee M12 fuel vs M18. Our M12™ cordless system offers more than 80 unique sub-compact solutions, transforming inefficient manual tools. Starting with the smallest Bosch Daredevil spade bitin my 12-piece set, I drilled through untreated 2x pi… The M12 comes with a brushless motor so you can benefit from this impact driver for many years to come. Maybe I am just really lucky. Short story, I still own the Makita subcompacts, and sold the Milwaukee m12s. Just wanted to get some opinions on which way to go between the 12v brushless Fuel impact/hammer drill combo kit by Milwaukee and Makita's 18v brushless sub-compact drill/impact combo. Our current sub-compact and compact band saws are best in class, but in our research with users, we discovered a need for a band saw solution that is not only compact but delivers faster cuts and a greater capacity. ). Milwaukee has a sale at my Home Depot where the 12v Fuel is $169, while Makita's sub-compact kit comes with a free third battery for $229. Like Milwaukee, Makita also started out as a power tool repair business. Both power tools included in the set are well-designed, powerful, and compact enough to aid the user with smaller projects and tasks. 2453-20 M12 Typically, we favor brushless motors over their brushed counterparts. Shop heavy duty specialty power tools including M18 and M12 wireless jobsite speakers, radios, radio/chargers and more. Considerations. I have the m12 fuel impact and drill, and my father has the subcompact drill. The impact driver is even lighter at 1.82 pounds bare and 2.66 pounds. Testing the new M12 Sub-Compact Band saw on run-time and performance. It's in the top 3 bestselling band saws and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as DEWALT DCS371B or Makita XBP03Z.. Milwaukee M12 Sub-Compact is $355 less expensive than an average band saw ($599.99). I felt like I was stopping to swap batteries all the time with m12 and the charging times just about couldn't keep up. Makita CT322W 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact Cordless 3-Pc. I tried hard to find something I don’t like about them, but even with a … The large handles of the m12s and top heaviness are turn offs for me. Press J to jump to the feed. All the time. With as well as it performed, I decided to run a little head-to-head test against Milwaukee’s M12 Fuel 2503. I can get into virtually all the same spaces I could before with the same ease. DeWalt’s 12V brushless model is just 5.1″ long and takes the win with Milwaukee’s Surge and M12 Fuel impact driver just 0.1″ longer. However, unlike Milwaukee the company was founded some years earlier in Anjō, Japan. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. For reference I primarily do woodworking projects and work on cars. It created its first power tool in 1969 with a fully rechargeable hand drill. *275+ solutions in 2021 Coming at a very reasonable price, the Milwaukee 2494-22 M12 combo kit comes with a drill-driver, an impact driver, a contractor bag, an M12 battery charger, and two 12V batteries.