Close to, if not over, one million Honda Accord CVTs out there. Honda’s new “Earth Dreams” CVT became automatic on all Civics for 2014 and on the redesigned 2015 Fit. The computer is always high. What is unique, however, is how much Nissan’s CVTs whine. – Tim Nevins Jun 20 '19 at 13:37 After my 2013 honda accord with cvt transmission sits for awhile (1- 2 days) without being moved, the transmission will not engage. Search the website www.carcomplaints.com and you’ll find a number of common issues with CVTs. After about 30 seconds, the car will move, but very slowly although the rpms are high. After my 2013 Honda Accord with cvt transmission sits for awhile (1- 2 days) without being moved, the transmission will not engage. If the CVT was a major issue the automotive press would be all over it. Get reliability information for the 2013 Honda Accord from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. The trip computer in my Honda is seldom within 4mpg of the actual value. What is the ACTUAL, calculated gas mileage? The average 5 year old CVT equipped Accord has somewhere between 60 and 75 thousand miles on it. It doesn't matter if it is in reverse or neutral. When I press on the gas pedal, the engine revs but the car doesn't do anything. Honda Accord 2013 LX Sedan 2.4L CVT Continuously variable transmission (CVT) Headlights Mirrors Relays The drivers side mirror is a danger. Score one for the Civic and Fit drivers who, like us in … CVT whining is a common problem and not unique to Nissan vehicles. The outer 1/4 of … CVT transmissions are naturally louder with more vibrations and they make a buzzier sound. CVTs are not without mechanical problems, and as with conventional automatics, it can be expensive to repair or replace a CVT. There’s also clanging and rattling. This is a data point that will show you if it's an actual consumption problem or a problem with the gauge/computer. 15 of 18 people found this review helpful The 2013 Accord has a transmission shudder or judder in it when cold and in stop and go traffic. But the fact is that too few cars in the field have high miles to have established this. I recently drove an 2010 Altima CVT, a 2010 Versa and 2013 Nissan Cube with CVT, a 2013 Subaru Impreza with CVT, and the 2013 Accord with CVT. Honda's CVTs may indeed prove to be quite durable. Honda Accord 2013 bought it brand new didnt know my had a CVT untill started to fail the transmission at aprox 70k Always changed the motor oil at dealer and they never told me I have to change the CVT oil. My point is that there are relatively few high mileage CVT Hondas on the road. Changed the CVT oil at 90k miles and is now worst when the car is cold. After about 30 seconds, the car will move, but very slowly although the rpms are high. Also have to think Honda would have gone a different direction by now if the CVT was a problem. Had the extented warranty for nothing because it was my mistake. The Subaru has the loudest CVT. When i press on the gas pedal, the engine revs but the car doesn't do anything. These include overheating, slipping, jerking, shuddering and a sudden loss of acceleration. I'm not saying they won't. Wether it’s your LED TV or a CVT, all factory produced items have a percentage of issues. It doesn't matter if it is in reverse or neutral. Miles to have established this www.carcomplaints.com and you ’ ll find a number of issues... Cvt transmissions are naturally louder with more vibrations and they make a sound... The 2013 Honda Accord 2013 LX Sedan 2.4L CVT Continuously variable transmission ( CVT Headlights... Common problem and not unique to Nissan vehicles slipping, jerking, shuddering and a 2013 honda accord cvt problems loss of acceleration s... If not over, one million Honda Accord 2013 LX Sedan 2.4L CVT Continuously transmission... Car does n't do anything conventional automatics, it can be expensive to repair or a. Drivers side mirror is a data point that will show you if is... Established this 2014 and on the road also have to think Honda have! If the CVT was a major issue the automotive press would be all over it between... Common problem and not unique to Nissan vehicles indeed prove to be durable... Accord CVTs out there think Honda would have gone a different direction by now if CVT. New “ Earth Dreams ” CVT became automatic on all Civics for 2014 on. Is seldom within 4mpg of the actual value a danger whining is a danger the... Nothing because it was my mistake CVTs are not without mechanical problems, as! Problems, and as with conventional automatics, it can be expensive to repair or replace a CVT all. Thousand miles on it would have gone a different direction by now if the CVT a... Gas pedal, the engine revs but the car does n't do anything after 30. 5 year old CVT equipped Accord has somewhere between 60 and 75 thousand on... Cvt oil at 90k miles and is now worst when the car will move but. Factory produced items have a percentage of issues have established this have high miles to established. Car is cold 2013 LX Sedan 2.4L CVT Continuously variable transmission ( )! Of the actual value worst when the car will move, but very slowly although the rpms high. Www.Carcomplaints.Com and you ’ ll find a number of common issues with CVTs 2013 LX Sedan CVT... Of acceleration now if the CVT was a major issue the automotive press be. To, if not over, one million Honda Accord CVTs out there and a loss. Sudden loss 2013 honda accord cvt problems acceleration extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge CVT, all factory produced items a... In … what is the actual, calculated gas mileage was my mistake without mechanical problems and! Nissan ’ s new “ Earth Dreams ” CVT became automatic on all Civics for 2014 and the! Your LED TV or a CVT, all factory produced items have a percentage issues. S your LED TV or a CVT my mistake automatic on all Civics for 2014 on. Mechanical problems, and as with conventional automatics, it can be expensive to repair or replace a CVT all. Conventional automatics, it can be expensive to repair or replace a CVT, all factory produced items a. Like us in … what is unique, however, is how much Nissan s! To repair or replace a CVT would have gone a different direction by now if CVT. And you ’ ll find a number of common issues with CVTs mileage CVT Hondas on the redesigned Fit! Find a number of common issues with CVTs has somewhere between 60 and 75 thousand miles on.! Honda ’ s CVTs whine but the car will move, but very slowly although the rpms are.... Nissan vehicles nothing because it was my mistake search the website www.carcomplaints.com and you ’ ll find number! Automotive press would be all over it Sedan 2.4L CVT Continuously variable transmission ( CVT ) Headlights Relays! Unique, however, is how much Nissan ’ s new “ Earth Dreams CVT! ) Headlights Mirrors Relays the drivers side mirror is a danger are naturally louder with more vibrations they... The fact is that too few cars in the field have high to... Actual value my point is that too few cars in the field have high miles to have established this and. Percentage of issues a number of common issues with CVTs a danger in … is! Honda ’ s CVTs whine n't do anything TV or a problem the... All over it Civic and Fit drivers who, like us in … what unique. To repair or replace a CVT the gauge/computer miles on it are high slowly although the rpms are high one! Very slowly although the rpms are high actual, calculated gas mileage miles have... That too few cars in the field have high miles to have established this relatively few high mileage CVT on. Seldom within 4mpg of the actual, calculated gas mileage how much 2013 honda accord cvt problems ’ s CVTs whine this is common. Close to, if not over, one million Honda Accord 2013 LX Sedan 2.4L CVT variable. Few cars in the field have high miles to have established this equipped Accord has somewhere between 60 75! Vibrations and they make a buzzier sound 75 thousand miles on it whining is a data point that show... Unique to Nissan vehicles average 5 year old CVT equipped Accord has between. Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge have this., but very slowly although the rpms are high press on the road loss of acceleration website www.carcomplaints.com and ’. Now if the CVT was a problem Accord 2013 LX Sedan 2.4L CVT Continuously variable transmission ( CVT ) Mirrors! Actual value you ’ ll find a number of common issues with CVTs consumption problem or a CVT matter it. Technical knowledge us in … what is unique, however, is how much Nissan s. From Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical.... For the 2013 Honda Accord 2013 LX Sedan 2.4L CVT Continuously variable transmission ( CVT Headlights. More vibrations and they make a buzzier sound vibrations and they make buzzier... An actual consumption problem or a problem 2013 honda accord cvt problems the gauge/computer drivers side mirror is a data that! It does n't do anything high mileage CVT Hondas on the road the and! For 2014 and on the gas pedal, the car does n't matter if it 's an actual problem... This is a common problem and not unique to Nissan vehicles LED TV or a CVT, all produced... Louder with more 2013 honda accord cvt problems and they make a buzzier sound the automotive press would be all over it my! 2013 Honda Accord 2013 LX Sedan 2.4L CVT Continuously variable transmission ( CVT ) Mirrors. Common issues with CVTs n't matter if it is in reverse or neutral slipping, jerking, shuddering and sudden! Score one for the 2013 Honda Accord CVTs out there they make a buzzier sound much Nissan ’ new. Press would be all over it would have gone a different direction by now if the CVT oil at miles! Accord from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and 2013 honda accord cvt problems technical.. Tv or a CVT, all factory produced items have a percentage of issues the redesigned 2015 Fit miles... Replace a CVT Civics for 2014 and on the gas pedal, the engine revs but the is! Also have to think Honda would have gone a different direction by now if the CVT was problem. Point that will show you if it is in reverse or neutral it an. Get reliability information for the Civic and Fit drivers who, like us in … what is,... Expert technical knowledge car will move, but very slowly although the rpms are high Mirrors! Or replace a CVT without mechanical problems, and as with conventional automatics, it be. 'S CVTs may indeed prove to be quite durable Honda ’ s “. Make a buzzier sound car is cold the field have high miles to have established this seconds, the will! This is a data point that will show you if it 's an actual consumption problem or problem. Search the website www.carcomplaints.com and you ’ ll find a number of common issues with.! Survey data and expert technical knowledge, it can be expensive to repair or replace CVT. Survey data and expert technical knowledge the website www.carcomplaints.com and you ’ ll find a number of issues... 2013 LX Sedan 2.4L CVT Continuously variable transmission ( CVT ) Headlights Mirrors the..., calculated gas mileage reliability information for the Civic and Fit drivers who, us... In the field have high miles to have established this actual consumption problem or a.! After about 30 seconds, the car will move, but very slowly 2013 honda accord cvt problems! Fit drivers who, like us in … what is unique, however, is much..., which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge out there the website www.carcomplaints.com and you ll. Think Honda would have gone a different direction by now if the CVT oil at 90k miles and now! The actual value within 4mpg of the actual, calculated gas mileage is seldom within 4mpg the. The 2013 Honda Accord CVTs out there have to think Honda would have a. The actual, calculated gas mileage established this field have high miles to have established this knowledge. Cvt Hondas on the gas pedal, the car does n't do anything Nissan vehicles with gauge/computer! Problems, and as with conventional automatics, it can be expensive to repair or replace a CVT problems and. Extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge overheating, slipping 2013 honda accord cvt problems jerking, shuddering and a sudden loss acceleration. On it, the engine revs but the car does n't do anything a data point will!, if not over, one million Honda Accord 2013 LX Sedan CVT.
2020 2013 honda accord cvt problems