The AKG K702 share the same style and build as the AKG K701 and AKG K712 PRO. The overall bass reproduction of the headphone is clean and tight. This results in a headphone that's hard to carry around, and that will only fit in a backpack or large bag. You can see what products we currently have for sale. The AKG K702 are a tool for creating music; AKG has been a recording-studio standard for microphones and headphones for many decades. Not intended for office use. Dildacorn - AKG K712 Review. On the other hand, the mids are great. The K712 is more musical and fun, while the K702 is cold and analytical. While there are a few metal parts, most build is plastic, but solid, reassuring plastic. AKG K712 PRO Open-Back Dynamic Reference Headphones Master the sound Hear things that you've never heard before. Since it’s self-adjusting, there are a lot of moving parts. No cherry-picked units sent by brands. I found the AKG sound pretty true to life, with a restrained low end, at least in the case of the K702. The leather headband has orange stitching on it as well. The AKG K712 PRO come with a suede-like, fabric pouch that looks stylish and doesn't add much bulk to the headphones. They're comfortable and have an excellent sound quality that reproduces tracks with high fidelity. While there are a few metal parts, most build is plastic, but solid, reassuring plastic. The big ear cups ensure that you will have no problem using these, regardless of your ear size; in fact, for some people, the earcups can be a bit too big. I've compared them against the HE4XX, HD 660 S, HD 600, AFK Khans, and Porta Pro X on Massdrop. AKG is known for the build quality of their headphones; the construction of their headphones speaks for the premium craftsmanship that has been put into these headphones. The AKG K712 is an open over-ear headphone. The AKG K712 PRO Open-Back Headphones are a dream come true for studio-dwellers and audiophiles alike. 11 December 2008. By What Hi-Fi? AKG says that it has improved low-end performance by 3dB over their predecessors, the K702, which now sit between the two new models in the range. They're also less comfortable than the AKG and feel a lot more cheaply made. The headband is adjustable. Our Verdict. BUT as I said in the title they are absolutely worth $400 if bought at that price. The ear cups also do not lay flat to take less space and the retro headband design is quite large. AKG. They're super comfortable headphones with a few more accessories than the K701 or the K702. Other Products We Considered The BestReviews editorial team researches hundreds of products based on consumer reviews, brand quality, and value. AKG K712. A huge huge thanks to Massdrop Will+Danny for supporting our community. Wondering if you should buy the AKG K553 Pro that you've probably heard so many good things about? Everything is exactly as it is on your recording. AKG has created a mini masterpiece in my opinion. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The AKG K7XX are unequivocally AKG in their design. The AKG K702 are completely neutral open-back reference headphones designed for professional mixing and mastering. The headband design does not put too much pressure on your head. Be part of the most informed community and take advantage of our advanced tools to find the best product for your needs. The AKG K712 PRO headphones are not designed for everyday, casual use. The K712 also have better frequency consistency, especially in the bass range. Now I just wear it all the time with my iMac27 and V-mode Vamp. They're not tight enough and will only stay in place during casual listening sessions. At that time they were the company's top-of-the-range monitoring headphones, but not anymore! If that K7xx is as good as the K712, and they look … These are over ear headphones with open back cups that make the sound very broad. The AKG K702 are completely neutral open-back reference headphones designed for professional mixing and mastering. Link AKG Acoustics on Youtube. AKG K712 Pro are a very popular and one of the most expensive options. and you`re good to go. Other Products We Considered The BestReviews editorial team researches hundreds of products based on consumer reviews, brand quality, and value. It has a … Sound. The AKG have a very smooth, neutral sound, but lack quite a bit of bass, while the Beyerdynamic sound quite a bit more excited, with a lot more bass and a much brighter treble. The overall sound quality is great, and it provides great value for the money you’re spending on it. B&H Photo - Video - Pro Audio. This means a lot of potential weak points where the headphones could get damaged through wear and tear. Opening the box, you will find your new headphones, the AKG K712 Pro. We took a look at AKG's K712 Pro headphones a few issues back. AKG K712 PRO delivers a very spacious sound for its open cups. The K712 (which I no longer have) is a darn good deal at the latest prices around $350 USD, but Massdrop introduced (with AKG’s help apparently) a new model – the K7xx, for only $200 if I remember correctly. The headphones don’t have too much clamping force either, meaning that you won’t find the headphones putting too much pressure on your temple. However, the thump of the lows is a bit disappointing. The K712 PROs are reference, open, over-ear headphones for precise listening, mixing and mastering. AKG K701 review These AKGs are beautifully built and feel like they’d survive years of use with ease, but there are more entertaining headphones out there Tested at £250.00. The quarter-inch adapter is also included in the box. Shares. The lows of the K712 Pro are intense for an open-back headphone. The AKG K712 Pro offers a pleasant and honest sound experience, with a well-balanced frequency response allowing for mixing and mastering applications. put them under the same test bench, This tool will clearly show you the differences, Use our data and table to find the best headphones for your needs, Want to see us review a specific headphones? Very good review. It was made for moderate musicality and noticeable exaggeration on the bass end. Yes, the box actually says 7XX. Top that off with an unpicky nature when it comes to amplification and you’ve got yourself a real winner. Their rich sonic performance, wide spacious soundstage, and luxurious wearing comfort, a truly-special listening experience. The AKG K7XX are unequivocally AKG in their design. In fact, these are one of the most spacious sounding headphones out there. Everything is exactly as it is on your recording. The K712 has a boosted low end and a sweet treble response, it has roughly a +3dB boost which is significant for an AKG headphone. The lack of stability is the reason why the headphones seem to easily fall off during any kind of sport. Here you can vote for our next review, Compare frequency and distortion of headphones to make a clearer and more informed decision. Moreover, replacing the earpads is quite easy; you can find replacements online, and you won’t need any tool to replace these. They’re very flexible and, … K712 Pro features the top-tier design from AKG. The AKG K712 PRO and the AKG K702 are almost identical save for a few differences in design and frequency response. You are getting two cables with the K712 Pro, and both of them can be used with a quarter-inch adapter. Intro Specs Performance Usage Compared Recommendations More. Stock the K712 is a bit hot in the highs, but for from the worst offender in this department. The flagship K812 Pro (expected price is $1,600) looks like a near twin, but it shares very few parts with the K712 Pro. The Beyerdynamic are also a bit less bass-heavy, though the AKG are a bit brighter sounding. Besides the carrying case, you will find two cables. They can sound quite sharp and piercing, though, so the AKG are a better option if you're sensitive to sounds in the higher frequencies. K712 Pro is called reference headphones, meaning these headphones are primarily used in mixing, tuning, and other professional uses. The K712 PROs are reference, open, over-ear headphones for precise listening, mixing and mastering. AKG K712 Pro is an excellent headphone for professional use and casual listening alike. Let’s find out. We purchase our own headphones and Overall, despite the fact that it is mostly made out of plastic and metal, the AKG K712 Pro has an excellent build quality. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for AKG Pro Audio K712 PRO Over-Ear, Open-Back, Flat-Wire, Reference Studio Headphones at Amazon.com. It is an open-back style, over-ear headphone. AKG K812 review Pamper the K812s and you get a wonderfully faithful sound that’s as insightful as we’ve heard from headphones at this price Tested at £1100. I heard it briefly at a hi-fi show and loved the sound, but I didn’t have it at home to compare with the K712 Pro. The impedance shows 62 Ohm. Furthermore, the earcups also don’t fold flat. The AKG K712 Pro offers a pleasant and honest sound experience, with a well-balanced frequency response allowing for mixing and mastering applications. when it comes to the soundstage of the K712 Pro, the open-back design ensures that the headphones sound very spacious. Furthermore, without adjusting the sub-bass in the EQ, you won’t be able to feel the rumble to the desired extent. Earlier headphones almost sound cold and uninviting, while the touch of bass added to the K712 makes it much more approachable. Read honest and unbiased product reviews … Review. Gain early access to all tests results for new products, Prices will now be listed directly in reviews and tables, Have 5 votes per product category to choose which product we’ll review next, Gain unlimited access to detailed test results in tools and results (no blurred results), Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds And In-Ears, Best Noise Cancelling Headphones Under $100, Best Noise Cancelling Headphones Under $200, Best Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds For Running, Best Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Under $100, Best Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Under $50, Bose QuietComfort Earbuds Truly Wireless Review, Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 Wireless Review, Having trouble deciding between two headphones? Assuming I used lower tier music tracks only for my review isn’t reflected of the reality. so that you can compare the results easily. The weight of the K712 Pro makes it hard to carry around your neck all day, and the large design means that you’ll need a bag to carry it. The AKG K702 like the AKG K712 PRO are big and bulky headphones that are not portable. The carrying case comes in handy when you’re traveling with your headphone and for the overall protection of the headphones. They have two-tone navy blue and silver color scheme and an old-school retro design that will work for some. The open-back design ensures that the soundstage will be spacious; however, this also means that you will experience some sound leakage. If your priority in headphones is a spacious soundstage, I hope the review of AKG k702 vs k712 will help you to make the right choice. The K712 Pro isn't a that hard to drive, but afaik it seems to be picky when it comes to output impedance. Introduction top. The K702 is black / blue while the K712 is black / orange. They do not fold up into a more compact format, and the ear cups do not lay flat to take less space either. 12 September 2014. In general people characterize the AKG family sound as bass light and treble emphasized. Required fields are marked *. However, for casual listening, the headphones are excellent, and the design speaks for it. AKG headphones range greatly in price, so it’s easy to find a reliable budget pair or a professional-quality set of headphones that will last for years. Like the AKG 702, they are bulky, cumbersome and do not fold up into a more compact format. The highs are dynamic and filled with energy; it is not too sharp either. When I started to hear about the K712, that I'm reviewing here, I figured it wasn't necessary for me to try them. Apple Pay™ Users: By continuing to checkout you ... Link AKG on facebook. This choice of design allows you to adjust the headband to your head; in other words, the headband is self-adjusting. Frankly, this isn’t unreasonable for such a fine example of mid-range studio-grade headphones, although the fact that they’re plastic makes the fear of accidentally breaking them very real. It's so much comfortable than my V-mode M100. The K712 will sound less harsh to most people, but their soundstage isn't as impressive. The AKG K712 PRO Open-Back Headphones are a dream come true for studio-dwellers and audiophiles alike. I prefer the 701s, by far, for their bottom to top naturalness and tranaparency. The AKG K812 is not a sensitive headphone in the slightest and not at all known for incredible responsiveness to alteration. 12 September 2014. They have fairly similar profiles overall, though there are a few differences. To accomplish that, they furnish the audience with a reasonable and impartial sound over the recurrence range. They have products for both professional use and for the general consumer. The K712 Pro is also not designed for use during sports activities. Assuming I used lower tier music tracks only for my review isn’t reflected of the reality. Unboxing y review de los AKG K712PRO. Sound-wise, they perform better in the bass and treble range, while the Q701 have a more even mid-range. The K812 Pro is packaged beautifully. By contrast, the K712s are much smoother through this frequency region and, as … The flagship K812 Pro (expected price is $1,600) looks like a near twin, but it shares very few parts with the K712 Pro.
2020 akg k712 review