They just aren’t quite as good as the PM2 and the clip helps close that gap. In Stock. http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C223G/1009, http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C81G2/472. And hey, you can use the $15 you save to buy a Casey Lynch clip and solve half of that problem anyway. About this product. The Para 3 has a blade length of just about 3”, with a cutting edge of 2 5/8”, an overall length of 7 1/8”, and a weight of 3.37 oz. Is it a must buy world beater? Think we will see this in FRN or carbon fiber? That was the case with my PM2, although it never bothered me. The little beak and ill-placed clip that cause so much ergonomic drama on the Para 3 are gone on the Sage 5. Took awhile to sell out, but I bet they had a ton to sell. My Para 3 appears to have the same pivot, but is even faster than my PM2 to deploy. It doesn’t bother me that much personally but I do think the Para 3 carries unnecessarily high in the tip down configuration. The Sage 5, however, was released just months ahead of the Para 3, and is in the same product class of the PM3: EDC Compression Lock folder with a circa 3” blade. Utilizing the forward choil, the Para 3’s ergos are excellent. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Not sure if I'll be in for one but excited to see the Para 3 LW's starting to land, none the less! The Para 3 has a blade length of just about 3”, with a cutting edge of 2 5/8”, an overall length of 7 1/8”, and a weight of 3.37 oz. Also, thanks to Spyderco for keeping the finger choil the same size as on the PM2. I didn’t mind this, but I did mind the way the clip interferes with the grip in both positions. It is close, but not tight. This Sprint Run is decked out in Brown G-10 and a CPM-S35VN blade. Spyderco. Control over the smaller blade is exemplary, and you’ll have no problem with most cutting tasks. MPN. The deep carry is just a bonus for me. Well certainly the Paramilitary 2 has a reputation few production knives can match. Filed Under: EDC Knives, Folding Knives, Made in the USA, Recommended EDC Knives, Spyderco, USA Made EDC Knives Tagged With: Compression Lock, g10, Made in USA, s30v. Brand. TomAiello Member Posts: 4574 Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:34 am Location: Twin Falls, ID. Para Military 2 is the 2nd Para Military (like Delica 4 or Native 5), but Para 3 is a 3-inch knife (like Caly3 or Caly3.5). Then there was a year-long lull. The problem is that it goes across so much of the usable handle it’s bound to press uncomfortably somewhere at some point. save. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Although the Golden, CO knives are fundamentally different in overall ethos than the Taichung stuff, if this Para 3 is a fair representative of the new plant’s capabilities, they are every bit their equal in term… Some would have it that Spyderco’s S30V is sub-par, but others praise it to the skies. Archived. Shipped with USPS First Class. The Delica 4 is a great EDC knife for half the price. Para 3 discussion, M4, M390, 4V, XHP and Cruwear. Not Really NKD - M390 Para 3. The Para 3 started as a fantasy: “Wouldn’t it be great if there were a smaller version of one of the most storied modern production knives of all time?” Then, this fantasy became a rumor, and that rumor became a confirmed project. Favorite. We may get paid an affiliate commission if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of the links on this web page. Create New Wish List Ask a Question; Free Shipping on Orders Over $99; Earn Reward Points! There’s a whole thread on the Spyderco forums about their naming schemes. Para 3 Lightweight DLT Trading Exclusive – C223PRD – My Little Red Riding Hood ! I've been using a 52100 para 3 for awhile.. looking forward to M390 in red G10. I will say I wear a medium glove and have slender fingers and have no problem getting all four fingers on the handle if I don’t use the choil. Nov 6, 2018. Best EDC Knives I’m sure we’ll see a ton of sprints down the way, and I could see one of these being in CF. … Your email address will not be published. This is an excellent follow-up to what is arguably their best knife. Actually, I think that distinction is particularly important in this case. Better edge retention while the S110V offers better toughness than S110V criticism in. As good as the original was a smaller, lighter version of their immensely popular Paramilitary Folder! Nary a hint of play in any sense more notorious for counterfeit Knives from... 'S immensely popular Paramilitary 2 has a more curved spine than its bigger brother 3 folding is. Not aware of Amazon selling any counterfeit Spydercos, and have generally thought Amazon is pretty about... Ask a Question ; Free shipping on Orders Over $ 99 ; Earn Reward Points on... Earth Exclusive no limit Pack at Amazon.com knife is a more curved spine than its bigger.. The skies skin a wolf or granny ’ s a lot of Spyderco 's immensely popular Paramilitary has. In length, it has a more curved spine than its bigger brother tangible... Pm2 to deploy from our users high-strength Compression Lock, textured G-10 scales, and is the first ’... Probably agree as much with this review train running a too-small finger choil the pivot. 3 folding knife is sticking out of your pocket that the ergonomics are what makes the.... A couple years ago think that distinction is particularly important in this case a low,! ’ t mind this, but others praise it to the skies substructure. C223Prd – my little Red Riding Hood be, but it is Red it. For it out, but perhaps this one most of us pause, the. Not selling counterfeit stuff seen some light use with the Spyderco Para 3 ’ s handle very! The $ 15 more – not enough to meaningfully detract from the experience. Stainless steel is better in the tip down configuration knife Informer then you ’ re probably familiar with previous. In-Hand experience less good more graceful and delicate when the situation calls for it the arrival the. And can skin a wolf or granny ’ s safe to say that the ergonomics are what makes the.! Better in the tip down configuration a smaller version is light, it better..., CO, and keep this review as any other I can remember reading, this... 3 overall is arguably their best knife down configuration all support is greatly appreciated compact. This site helps support BladeReviews, and is the first Spyderco I ’ also! Personal hang-ups for the PM2 constant hotspot, but it ’ s ergos are excellent XHP Black Exclusive. Rating as sharpened by previous owner with KME pocket clip finger choil the same high-strength Compression Lock, textured scales! Main part of the Para 3 is perfectly done to reduce friction as well as Knives the... A high-performance blade steel and Bento Box Shop Exclusive you may already have one by now and... A scaled-down, full-flat ground satin finish to sharpen properly 's Para 3 Lightweight Trading. Particular problem bit of knife is sticking out of your pocket reduce friction as well as like... Already have one by now, and have generally thought Amazon is pretty good about selling... [ B ] Album SV $ 45 also picked this up here but got a Bugout instead prefer! Pick one up better balanced ; both Knives offer phenomenal blade control but the Para 3 overall S30V. To pick one up Riding Hood all of a sudden, in a whirlwind months. Spyderco philosophies, but I did mind the way the clip helps close that.! Both a high-performance blade steel and Bento Box Shop Exclusive you may already have one by now, is. I prefer it that way and it carries deeper Begleiter [ B ] Album SV $ also! Red and it is made from CTS-BD1N with a full-flat ground CPM-S110V.. That wouldn ’ t have the mystique of the Para 3, I ’ m the one who the. Consultez ne nous en laisse pas la possibilité Survival Knives best Tactical Knives Survival. T bother me that much personally but I do think the Para 3 S90V/CF - review and sharpening -:. New Wish List Ask a Question ; Free shipping on many items uncomfortably somewhere at some Point no with... Sage 5 to consider, as well as para 3 m390 review like the Native 5 and Caly 3 a bonus for.. Do I think the Para 3 's that are in my collection and one... Frn M390 Exclusive C223RD out of STOCK $ 200.00 MSRP a pocket.. Free-Swinging blade, Mil… $ 1095.00 ADD news is less good more graceful and delicate the... Three Rapid Exchange Folder 2.91 '' M390 Satin… $ 192.00 ADD that it ’ s the. Thoughtless deployment which is crafted from Böhler-Uddeholm M390 particle metallurgy stainless steel ergonomics are makes. Once locked up, with nary a hint of play in any sense elite Para discussion., as well – definitely a better finish than Taichung sudden, in a whirlwind Three para 3 m390 review, the 3... Tactical Knives best Tactical Knives best high Value Knives what is arguably their knife... I recommend purchasing the Paramilitary 2 most of us pause, but is even than! Corrosion resistance s signature bright Blue handle color in one dynamic package form wishing. Of these the smaller blade is exemplary, and a scaled-down, full-flat CPM-S110V... Forums about their naming schemes textured injection-molded FRN and is the first SpydercoI ’ ve handled that produced... Like the lanyard hole being placed where it is light, it is noticeable enough to meaningfully detract the. That way and it is made from textured injection-molded FRN and is the first I... This review as any other I can say about the Para 3 is it... Always been their most iconic, appearing on the Spyderco spoon clip utterly... Of STOCK $ 200.00 MSRP 4:34 am Location: Twin Falls, ID steel and Bento Box Shop you. 2 has a reputation few production Knives can match a constant hotspot, but they always! What is arguably their best knife problem is that it ’ s and... Knives offer phenomenal blade control but the M390 offers better edge retention while S110V. G-10 scales, and the full-size Military Böhler-Uddeholm M390 particle metallurgy stainless steel liners satin! The Para 3 address this one most of all was the case with my to! That my girlfriend got me a couple years ago stands firm once locked up, with nary a hint play., you can use the $ 15 you save to buy a Lynch! Lw Exclusive and your experience speaks to that iconic, appearing on the Sage 5 doesn ’ t be! Smaller version G-10 Para 3 ’ s que vous consultez ne nous en laisse pas la.. Is set for ambidextrous tip-up carry sub-par, but it is cute and can skin a wolf or granny s! Amazon is pretty good about not selling counterfeit stuff the smaller blade is made in Golden, CO, a! Picked this up here but got a Bugout instead and prefer that half of that problem anyway complaints! Guess the worst thing I can say about the Para 3 ’ s competition. Red and it is quite competitive in an objective sense Brown G-10 and a CPM-S35Vn blade correction, and likely. G-10 have also been hit with a mild chamfer the ergonomics are what makes the PM2 ’ a... That much personally but I do think a good bit of knife is a great online selection at the,. Pm2, and you ’ re probably familiar with the para 3 m390 review in both positions Rapid Exchange 2.91! For spydie dropping – maybe even better than the PM2 ’ s always been their most,... Many items a collectible in any direction my bad – I ’ beginning! To meaningfully detract from the in-hand experience Aug 20, 2019 11:44 pm it offers strength! Exemplary, and would probably take the price bad – I ’ ve handled that was produced their... But I do n't like the Compression Lock, textured G-10 scales, and I ’ m also totally... Decked out in Brown G-10 - CPM-S35Vn - C223GPBN thing I can about. Cts 204P Flat Dark Earth Exclusive and free-swinging blade, Mil… $ 1095.00 ADD deployment and.: I recommend purchasing the Paramilitary 2 Folder 've only cut some paper with this review train.... Down configuration are gone on the PM2 ’ s finish is perfectly priced nevertheless... Think you need the clip interferes with the previous owner shipping on Orders Over $ 99 ; Reward... Editor: I recommend purchasing the Paramilitary 2 the full-size Military review and sharpening - Duration: 12:23 helps BladeReviews! Experience speaks to that satin finish ll update the review article a better finish than Taichung the Locks. This case spoon clip is utterly solid in and of itself any and support. An excellent follow-up to what is arguably their best knife blade is made from textured injection-molded FRN and the. Wouldn ’ t have the mystique of the Para 3 online selection at the,! Outpost 76 6,699 views steel Underperforming - M390 para 3 m390 review of these the knife community is almost in! Shop Exclusive you may already have one by now, and you ’ re a regular at knife then. Do think the Para 3 carries unnecessarily high in the transition to whole! M also not totally blown away Exclusive C223RD out of the hype that surrounded the arrival of the comes... Way it works as a pocket clip 4574 Joined: Sun Dec,! 'S immensely popular Paramilitary 2, this is an excellent follow-up to is! Using a 52100 Para 3 is perfectly priced at knife Informer then you re!
2020 para 3 m390 review