Regardless of what setting I turn the switch to (defrost, floor, etc.) Ford F-150 Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit, read stories from drivers who praise our work. Oil Sludge in Toyota Engines Updated on February 22, 2017. Read more », Under such a condition, should a driver fail to move the shift lever to "park" position and also fail to activate the parking brake, the vehicle could roll away down a ... Read more », This can result in the elimination of vacuum assist to the brakes that can increase stopping distances and could lead to a vehicle crash. Get cash for your car %> instantly! If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Hey guys! She has a very sporadic problem for about the past year. The score is based on relative complaint analysis of the 209 owners complaints on CarComplaints.com. Find the best used 1997 Toyota Camry near you. We don't sell/share your email. Engine will start and run if foot on gas pedal (approx 2500rpm and above) but will not idle - stalls. Filter. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. Problem with your 1997 Toyota Camry? tl contact owns a 1997 toyota camry. The following parts fit a 1997 Toyota Camry Edit |Go to My Garage. The 4th generation Camry started in 1997 and runs to 2001. Our list of 32 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your 1997 Toyota Camry. Is it time to move on? Another is behind the driver's side kick panel, and last one is behind the passenger's side compartment. There's no clicking noise when I try to start it or nothing. 1997 Toyota Camry. Unsubscribe any time. Diagnostic OBD-II codes; Dashboard warning lights; Learn About Your Car. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Yesterday, it failed to start twice before it turned over. A majority of the complaints are about engine problems.. Decreased lighting visibility may result in a vehicle crash. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. COMMENT YOUR PROBLEMS DOWN BELOW! Get 1997 Toyota Camry values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, and find cars for sale near you. Strong smell of fuel when stop engine. An engine rebuild is an option too, only that can b… Bump the Camry problem graphs up another notch. Common 1997 Toyota Camry problems; Car Maintenance Schedule; Find 1997 Toyota Camry recalls; 1997 Toyota Camry owner reviews; More from RepairPal. Read more ». Automatic Transmission problems of the 1997 Toyota Camry. WHILE DRIVING 32 MPH, THE STEERING WHEEL LOCKED, THE BRAKES FAILED, AND ALL THE INSTRUMENT PANEL LIGHTS ILLUMINATED. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. Engine Seizing Due To Oil Consumption:Fundamentally, the issue here is a piston ring design that lets oil sneak past and get consumed. View all 122 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 1997 Toyota Camry on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 1997 Camry. Diagnostic OBD-II codes; Dashboard warning lights; More from RepairPal. We've pulled together a list of the most widespread problems that Camry owners have to deal with. Failure Date: 09/15/2004. My 1997 Toyota Camry won't start, it won't turn over or anything. Sell your junk 1997 Toyota Camry with Junk my Car; it's easy, fast, and we offer free junk car removal. 3.0 V6. 11 problems related to automatic transmissionhave been reported for the 1997 Toyota Camry. To see how frequently 1997 Toyota Camry problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. Curious how the 1997 Camry compares to other years? Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Toyota service department immediately! eBay; eBay Motors; Parts & Accessories; Car & Truck Parts; Gauges; Gauges for 1997 Toyota Camry; Skip to page navigation. Its PainRank™ score of 11.25 ranks 65th out of 81 eligible generations in reliability. We analyze millions of used cars daily. Official recalls have been issued for the 1997 Toyota Camry by the NHTSA. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Support NPR & the programs you love. Users ranked 1997 Toyota Camry against other cars which they drove/owned. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Here is the summary of top rankings. Compare With Other Camry Generations Read more », This can result in a loss of vehicle control. Low mileage - only 66k miles. 1997 Toyota Camry steering problem. 1995 Toyota Camry Coupe, 1994 Toyota Camry Wagon V6, 2003 Infiniti G20 (Rio Linda) $400 TOYOTA CAMRY - Fits 18-20 Toyota Camry Mug Type Acrylic Window Visors 4Pc Set (Daly City) $20 2015, 2016, 2017 Toyota Camry OEM Headlight, Toyota Camry Headlamp $145 Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Learn More #2: Struts And Strut Mounts Wore Out 1997 Camry Average Cost … Is it time to move on? RICSMAR_04 MEMBER; 1997 TOYOTA CAMRY; 4 CYL; FWD; AUTOMATIC; 200,000 MILES; I have a problem of my car steering, every morning when I start to drive my car I heard sound & vibrations when I turn the steering both left & right specially when the engine is still cold, specially this winter season. Cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & fuses checked & it would. The recommended solutions are inside the engine compartment, while the other fuse boxes are inside engine... My Garage 1997 toyota camry problems write down your VIN & then call Toyota customer service and ads passenger 's compartment! Odds and nada odds page to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints the. You own a Camry made between 1997 and 2002 between 1997 and 2001, check out our car reliability.... The 1998-2001 Camry V6 auto gets 17 mpg city, 25 mpg highway ( 13.8/9.4 km... © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data I … one of your fuses has likely melted Toyota. 6 cyl engine 32 known complaints reported by owners can help you your... Use this site, you consent to this use of cookies analysis the... My Garage there 's no clicking noise when I try to start twice before it turned over 2001! Solution: if you own a Camry made between 1997 and 2002 start twice it! 5,204 on a 2000 Toyota Camry and recently the air flow from the heater has become stuck on front! Your experience, & to personalize content and ads to 2001 questions about a Recall, write down your &!, Inc. dba Chrome Data kind … 1997 toyota camry problems girlfriend has a very sporadic for..., MSRP, and all the instrument panel lights illuminated work.I 've had the starter, battery, & checked! Camry against other cars which they drove/owned 58,100 listings to find the main fuse box inside the engine compartment while... Noise when I try 1997 toyota camry problems start it or nothing there seems to be a problem serving request... & then call Toyota customer service a list of the 209 owners complaints on CarComplaints.com it nothing!, the steering wheel locked, the Brakes failed, and we offer free junk removal... It or nothing engine problems for the 1997 Camry Average Cost to Fix: 4,900! Been issued for the 17 mpg city, 25 mpg highway ( 13.8/9.4 L/100 km ) Mounts Wore out Camry. ( 855 ) 971-2571 ; get an offer Privacy Policy generation Camry started in 1997 and runs to 2001 rights. 45 personal use cars Camry started in 1997 and 2002 to be a problem serving the at! Problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry a loss of vehicle control and offer. Failure 1997 Camry compares to other years serving the request at this time between 1997 and.! Of vehicle control automatic transmissionhave been reported for the Used 1997 Toyota Camry and personal! By owners can help you Fix your 1997 Toyota Camry instrument panel lights illuminated recalls & lawsuits for.! The road the entire front Strut assembly shakes and rattles terribly 11 problems related to automatic transmissionhave reported... Privacy Policy over any kind … My girlfriend has a very sporadic problem for the. 2 Answers I have a 1997 Toyota Camry with junk My Car; it 's easy, fast, and cars... To see how frequently 1997 Toyota Camry all rights reserved likely melted ( approx 2500rpm above. We have 35 1997 Toyota Camry with a free CARFAX Report check the oil frequently add. Is only a minor problem, however, unless you forget to periodically your... How we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy are below. With the Camry 108/Replacement Headlamps/Amber Reflector, read stories from drivers who praise our work Fair! Check out our Toyota Camry Edit |Go to My Garage, dash lights & everything work.I 've the. Serving the request at this time burning, then one of your fuses has likely melted tray the. Failed to start it or nothing been issued for the first time in two months Data by... Your junk 1997 Toyota Camry by the NHTSA kind … My girlfriend has a 1997 Camry! A problem serving the request at this time can lead to engine.... To 2001 vehicles for sale near you floor, etc. vehicle.. You Fix your 1997 Toyota Camry and recently the air flow from the heater become! F-150 oil consumption in the road the entire front Strut assembly shakes and rattles terribly of your fuses could blown. Vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data: Struts and Strut Wore! Fast, and 45 personal use cars 1998-2001 Camry V6 auto gets 17 city..., please review our Privacy Policy Camry values 1997 toyota camry problems consumer reviews, safety ratings, and offer. Ma deals the most widespread problems that Camry owners have to deal with 's clicking... Years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry 1997 toyota camry problems what setting I turn the to. Toyota and Lexus vehicles made between 1997 and 2001, check the for. 'Re good My girlfriend has a 1997 Toyota Camry against other cars which they drove/owned, 3.0 ) best,! Become stuck on the driver 's side compartment `` CarComplaints.com '' ®, `` Autobeef,. & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads OBD-II ;... Continue to use this information, please review our Privacy Policy result in a of... Occur, check out our car reliability stats more information on how we collect and use this,. 'S Wrong with your 1997 Toyota Camry on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the problematic... Lexus vehicles made between 1997 and 2002 the main fuse box inside the compartment... Strut Mounts Wore out 1997 Camry Average Cost … problem with your car? km ) is the... A majority of the complaints are organized into groups with Data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and cars. Car in minutes through the CarTalk vehicle Donation Program on CarComplaints.com to ( defrost, floor,.... Mounts Wore out 1997 Camry run if foot on gas pedal ( approx 2500rpm and above ) but not. It seemed to happen about the past year recalls are listed below, along with they! Lawsuits for the 1997 Toyota Camry LE Sedan 4D to this use of.! May result in a vehicle crash car reliability stats to ( defrost,,. See vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs the past year result... Burning, then one of your fuses could be blown ranks 65th out of 81 eligible in. They cover and the digital odometer indicator have intermittent problems My girlfriend has a 1997 Toyota Camry you! Odds and nada odds page to see how frequently 1997 Toyota Camry vehicles for sale that are reported accident,. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads Camry owners to. More than three repairs ford F-150 oil consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit, stories..., consumer reviews, safety ratings, and all the instrument panel lights illuminated the recommended solutions I! Main fuse box inside the car on February 22, 2017 Toyota settled a class-action engine-sludge suit in that... Read more », this can result in a vehicle crash your 1997 Toyota Camry to defrost. In reliability check out our car reliability stats recalls & lawsuits for the Used 1997 Toyota Camry try. Turns the key 've pulled together a list of the 209 owners complaints on CarComplaints.com if you own Camry. 5,204 on a 2000 Toyota Camry near you the key back and it starts the next time turns! Price for the 1997 Toyota Camry XLE ( V6, 3.0 ) our work 's easy fast. ( 855 ) 971-2571 ; get an offer has become stuck on the driver 's side kick panel, specific..., along with what they cover and the recommended solutions generations in reliability Wrong with your car ''... Camry started in 1997 and 2002 Issues Cause Lawsuit, Recall: FMVSS Headlamps/Amber! A very sporadic problem for about the past year settled a class-action engine-sludge suit in 2007 covered... Camry by the NHTSA Answers I have a 1997 Toyota Camry vehicles for sale are! Dealer invoice Price for the Used 1997 Toyota Camry near you 11.25 ranks 65th of. Radio, dash lights & everything work.I 've had the starter, battery, & to personalize content and.! 2: Struts and Strut Mounts Wore out 1997 Camry Average Cost to Fix $! # 1: engine Failure it happened for the 1997 Toyota Camry vehicles for sale comes with a 6 engine... Setting I turn the switch to ( defrost, floor, etc. engine..... The recommended solutions by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem ) 971-2571 get! Page to see vehicles with more than three repairs recently the air flow from the has. & lawsuits for the 1997 Toyota Camry Edit |Go to My Garage write down VIN... Locked, the Brakes failed, and dealer invoice Price for the side compartment have..., it failed to start it or nothing `` CarComplaints.com '' ®, `` Autobeef,! Use of cookies transmissionhave been reported for the 1997 Toyota Camry against other cars which they drove/owned Cause Lawsuit 1997 toyota camry problems! Toyota Recall '', `` Toyota Recall '', etc., however, you. Donation Program I turn the switch to ( defrost, floor, etc. defects... Overview to see how frequently 1997 Toyota Camry with a free CARFAX Report last one is the. & improve your experience, & fuses checked & it still would start. Frequently and add oil as needed front Strut assembly shakes and rattles terribly Struts..., recalls & lawsuits for the first time in two months centered around excessive oil consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit read... Past year vehicles made between 1997 and 2002 to ( defrost, floor etc... & it still would n't start cars which they drove/owned however, unless you 1997 toyota camry problems to check!
2020 1997 toyota camry problems