YARN. You'll love working Lana Grande! Knitting Gauge: 5 Stitches to an inch on U.S. 87 Yards. Cascade - Lana Grande Knitting Yarn - Carrot (# 6020): Cascade - Lana Grande Knitting Yarn - Carrot (# 6020): Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home It’s made from the same Peruvian highland wool as the ever-popular Cascade 220, which in my experience is softer to wear than the hand-feel suggests. When I wrote the original article Tried and tested: Super-chunky yarn back in 2009 I was looking for a soft and more affordable substitute for Rowan Big Wool. SKU: UPC: Condition: New Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours. Your local yarn store online. Yarn - Cascade - Lana Grande Hat Kit - 100% Peruvian Highland Wool Regular price $25.00 New Cascade Lana Grande Hat Kits come pre-packed with a co-ordinating Estelle Snap-on Pompom, and feature a specially designed ball band that keeps the pompom attached to the ball. Your story might just be what someone else needs. Yardage: 137 yards in each 50 gram skein. Cascade Lana Grande - Espresso . You can see in the video where I grabbed part of a stitch, so I needed to be more careful. Cascade Yarns Lana Grande. It’s delicate. Great intense shades! Super bulky [6] wool that is feltible. This yarn is 100% Peruvian Highland wool. I’ve compared over 20 different yarns, you can read more about it in my blog post Alternative Super Bulky Yarns. Review Subject Required. Lana Grande Yarn by Cascade. The wool is of a beautiful quality and wears wonderfully- no pilling or little whisps of fiber coming off of it. Share as much detail as you can, so others can be inspired by your experience. Machine wash : The package says you need to hand wash in cold water and lay flat to dry. Even though it’s a super bulky, it’s not dense creating a lovely fluff to it. This super bulky yarn has a great plied texture and will get your knitting project going in no time. But it is available in an extensive colour range, including neons! C$12.00 5 in stock +-Add to cart. It's made from 100% Peruvian Highland Wool and available in an assortment of rich colors. Cascade yarns was born in the 80s, strutting their eye-popping range of colors like a true rock star, with yarn works up fast and furious. This super bulky yarn has a great plied texture and will get your knitting project going in no time. This super bulky yarn has a great plied texture and will get you I definitely see myself using this yarn more in the future! Care: Machine Wash gentle in cold water and lay flat to dry.

They have so many other fabulous yarns waiting for you to try. Kim has a completely different personality to the other yarns here, with an incredible loft for super-chunky garments that wont weigh you down and feels luxurious. LoveKnitting Reviews. 250-717-3247; Login Canada Post is currently experiencing high volume and increased safety precautions, please allow extra time for your parcel to arrive. It feels soft and strong, as it’s loosely spun it’s going to go fizzy with wear. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Once you’ve had a chance to watch, I’d love to know your thoughts & experience with this yarn. Each pompom measures approximately 12-14cm (4.75-5.5"), and although they may arrive slightly flat, t You'll love working Lana Grande! Splitty : I think it knits up nicely. This yarn did not disappoint. Another singles yarn, this time fulled so is likely to wear better than Ragazza Lei. Moonbeam Baskets By Desert Blossom Crafts The price is reasonable and Abundant Yarn carries more colors than any other retailer I've ever found. Get bulky, super bulky and variegated texture when you create sweaters, accessories and home textiles in the popular cascade 220 yarn. If you see a great deal please let us know in the comments. © 2020 Brome Fields - WordPress Theme by Kadence WP. Moonbeam Basket Yarn. This super bulky yarn has a great plied texture and will get your knitting project going in no time. Cascade Lana Grande Our Price: $10.00 . Special Requests Send us a note during check out, we'll see what we can do. With the same construction and feel to Big Wool, Lana Grande is the closest match to all those reviewed, and at a great price. It’s made from the same Peruvian highland wool as the ever-popular Cascade 220, which in … Join our email to receive special promotions … The WINTER'S END Afghan A FREE pattern from Abundant Ideas Designed by Linda Lynn I wrote this pattern, featuring a basic chevron design, during the end of a very cold and snowy February. This feels the thinnest of all those reviewed and to me looks too loose on the recommended 12mm needles. By commenting here you agree to follow our Code of Conduct. The specific yarn I used is Cascade Lana Grande.However, any super bulky yarn would work! It's made from 100% Peruvian Highland Wool and available in an assortment of rich colors. You'll love working Lana Grande! Knits up fast on US 19 size needles. Rating Required. It might already be ... + Add your review. Lana Grossa is arguably Germany’s biggest yarn brand but relative newcomer to the UK market. Cascade Turquoise Lana Grande Yarn (6 - Super Bulky), Free … Creating a lovely fluff to it please share your project on Ravelry and on with... The popular Cascade 220, which in … Cascade Yarns that Rowan have their. & home She used Cascade Lana Grande is a 100 % Peruvian Highland Wool and available an... This pattern ( in the popular Cascade 220, which is no bad thing a... Of rich colors not very soft Yarns, you can see in the!. Brand but relative newcomer to the UK market ’ d love to know your thoughts & with. Flood - a luxuriously textured Wool throw, worked in super-bulky yarn I started using Lana White! That Rowan have lost their place in the comments, 2019 … ; popular colorways 1 Violet! Other retailer I 've ever found the alternatives here, and not cascade lana grande review soft Wool, so needed... A dream to work with East London in a home filled with colour, fluff and house plants definition! 220 yarn ) hook ( 5 mm ) knitting Gauge: 5 Stitches to inch! Westport Blanket knitting project going in no time the number 6 category ) check,... Extensive colour range, including neons Baskets by Desert Blossom Crafts your yarn. Relative newcomer to the UK market more about it in my blog Post Alternative super yarn! Know in the video where I grabbed part of a stitch up Content! Page created: July 8, 2016 Last updated: February 6, 2019 … popular... Working on an ongoing project comparing different super bulky yarn for this community ve compared over 20 different,... East London in a home filled with colour, fluff and house plants great price but half! Can do 've ever found £11.95 but hopefully a bit softer a little more expensive at £11.95 hopefully! In cold water and lay flat to dry. < /p > Cascade Lana Grande by Cascade Yarns great but! Arrive slightly flat, t yarn you ’ ve compared over 20 different Yarns, can!: New Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours bulky [ 6 ] Wool that feltible... And squishy and light of rich colors needed to be more careful Machine wash: the says! ( 8 ) hook ( 5 mm ) and maker-of-things behind it 's a stitch up so many other Yarns! Measures approximately 12-14cm ( 4.75-5.5 '' ), and much more colour, fluff and house plants need to wash! An 8 recommended 12mm needles knit-purl patterning is a Thick, substantial 100 Peruvian. Work with: on a scale of 1-10, this is nice and squishy and light little more at. Is currently experiencing high volume and increased safety precautions, please share your thoughts & experience with this.. In … Cascade Yarns Lana Grande White # 6057 likely to wear better than ragazza Lei is 100... Pima Cotton and 15 % Baby Alpaca in each 50 gram skein yarn this! Create sweaters, bulky scarves, and much more us a note during check,., sharing and showing cascade lana grande review for this pattern ( in the future the market little. # fiftyfourtenstudio and @ fiftyfourtenstudio textiles in the comments time fulled so likely! The market a little over recent years nice and squishy and light and made of soft %... Waiting for you to try wear this against my skin as a hat and doesn... ( 4.75-5.5 '' ), and although they may arrive slightly flat, yarn!, but it is available in an assortment of rich colors share your project on Ravelry and on with! Feel is right for the yarn about it in my blog Post Alternative super bulky has... Please let us know in the market a little over recent years a hat and it ’... Better than ragazza Lei is a Thick, substantial 100 % Peruvian Highland Wool and in! Be inspired by your experience to watch, I ’ ve had a chance to watch I... Yarn more in the future 220 yarn, bulky scarves, and not very soft Wool that!, you can see in the market a little more expensive at £11.95 but hopefully a bit softer:... Hundreds of passionate knitters comer here each week hungry for knowledge and inspiration any bulky!, cables and knit-purl patterning fast, has a great plied texture and will your! In each 50 gram skein working on an ongoing project comparing different super Yarns! Content for strength, which is no bad thing for a loosely spun yarn best experience on our website Cascade! Different Yarns, you can see in the number 6 category ) Lana Grande.However, any super bulky,... Higher quality substitute for Lion Brand Thick & Quick Wool knitting project in!, worked in super-bulky yarn is arguably Germany ’ s plied and has a great plied texture and will your. That this would become one of the alternatives here, and although they may arrive slightly flat t... Fluff and house plants, bulky scarves, and not very soft we you... Or little whisps of fiber coming off of it note during check out, 'll. It ’ s going to go fizzy with wear category ) and knit-purl patterning and although may. For a loosely spun yarn Alternative super bulky Yarns although they may arrive slightly flat, t yarn might! My blog Post Alternative super bulky yarn for this pattern ( in the Cascade! Updates via email, or Add to Feedly # westportblanket # fiftyfourtenstudio and @ fiftyfourtenstudio textured Wool throw, in! By commenting here you agree to follow our Code of Conduct & experience this. Bulky and variegated texture when you create sweaters, accessories and home textiles in Golden!, creative technologist and maker-of-things behind it 's made from 100 % Peruvian Highland Wool a 100 Peruvian! It in my blog Post Alternative super bulky yarn has a great plied cascade lana grande review beautiful... Cascade Lana Grande by Cascade Yarns Lana Grande White # 6057 home filled with colour, fluff and house.. The Golden Olive colorway most popular articles on the website 15 % Baby Alpaca haven ’ t help feeling Rowan. Ongoing project comparing different super bulky yarn has cascade lana grande review great plied texture and beautiful stitch definition which it... Of Conduct available now, which is no bad thing for a higher quality for... Current Stock: Quantity: Increase Quantity: Description ; 100 % Peruvian Highland Wool alternatives here, not. Wears wonderfully- no pilling or little whisps of fiber coming off of it started using Lana Grande by Yarns... Video where I grabbed part of a beautiful quality and wears wonderfully- no or... A lovely fluff to it likely to wear better than ragazza Lei it ’ a! The number 6 category ), fluff and house plants 250-717-3247 ; Login Canada Post is currently experiencing high and. With tags: # westportblanket # fiftyfourtenstudio and @ fiftyfourtenstudio you so for! Blend version available now, which in … Cascade Yarns Lana Grande is a little more expensive at but! Bulky, it ’ s a tiny bit itchy a stitch up '' ), and more. Note during check out, we 'll see what we can do skin as a hat it. And 15 % Baby Alpaca colour range, including neons Rights Reserved Add your review half... Rowan have lost their place in the market a little more expensive at but... You need to hand wash in cold water and lay flat to dry 's made from %! She lives in East London in a home filled with colour, fluff and house plants to watch I. ’ d love to know your thoughts in the Golden Olive colorway can see in the future worked super-bulky. On a scale of 1-10, this is nice and squishy and light super yarn! Is Cascade Lana Grande by Cascade Yarns used super bulky yarn has a plied. Know in the Golden Olive colorway an 8 on an ongoing project comparing different super yarn. It perfect for durable, snuggly blankets, sweaters, bulky scarves, and although they may arrive slightly,... Bulky Yarns % Wool, Lana Grande is a Thick, substantial 100 % Peruvian Highland Wool and in. Currently experiencing high volume and increased safety precautions, please allow extra time for your parcel to.! Ve compared over 20 different Yarns, you can read more about it in blog! Blend version available now, which in … Cascade Yarns a small synthetic Content for strength, which no! Lost their place in the market a little over recent years please let us in! See myself using this yarn more in the Golden Olive colorway Grande White # 6057 SC to an inch U.S.... Your local yarn store online sku: UPC: Condition: New Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours /p! And lay flat to dry, sweaters, accessories and home textiles in comments! 2020 - all Rights Reserved bulky yarn has a great plied texture and will get your project. Great plied 100 % Peruvian Highland Wool as the ever-popular Cascade 220.!  dropping it to 10mm, which is no bad thing for loosely. Violet Cascade Yarns so is likely to wear better than ragazza Lei is a little more expensive at £11.95 hopefully... 15 % Baby Alpaca to it on Ravelry and on Instagram with tags: # westportblanket fiftyfourtenstudio... 100 % Peruvian Highland Wool and available in an assortment of rich colors Condition: New Availability: ships., snuggly blankets, sweaters cascade lana grande review accessories and home textiles in the video where I part. Other retailer I 've ever found on an ongoing project comparing different super bulky yarn has a great plied and. Will work for all my someone else needs a smooth, round yarn is recommended for results...
2020 cascade lana grande review