if you in fact have an early '98-'99 v6 ej207, it is open deck and came wasted spark coil pack over manifold. The cylinder block had an open-deck design to enhance cooling efficiency and dry-type, cast iron cylinder liners. V5/6 STI is EJ207 open deck and those early forged as they're called pistons. This feature was a slight improvement over the EJ20 case, which was a completely open deck with no support. Archived. Exhaust. 1 x EJ207 Semi Closed Deck Short Block Motor Fitment Subaru Impreza WRX STi UK 2000 To 2005 Spec EJ207 Semi Closed Deck block EJ207 'Bolted' Con Rods EJ207 92mm Forged Pistons OEM Engine Bearings OEM Steel Crankshaft Rear Crankshaft Seal New Style pressed steel oil separator plate Engine Bung Set ; Link ECU design & manufacture engine control units that are available worldwide. Would make sense to me anyway. It just says ej20 where it is stamped, i wasnt sure if i needed to look at other numbers or not. v8+ EJ207/257's have hypereutectic cast pistons and forged rods. 0. The compression ratio is 8.4 (2004-2006 STI engine has 8.2:1 compression ratio). JDM EJ207 (v7/8/9). Such motors show 125 HP at 5,600 rpm. _____ Open M-F 8am-6pm My account. The billet material that reinforces the combustion area has been further optimized with our V3 closed deck block in the known problem areas making it a far superior product to any sleeved block. The Version 7 EJ207 is the motor that is typically found in a 2001-2002 JDM/ AUDM/UKDM STi commonly called a “bugeye” There were multiple trim levels of the car starting with the Standard Version 7 STi Version 7 Sti The version 7 STi came standard with an EJ207 fitted with a VF30 turbocharger, 565cc injectors and a larger TMIC. There are only two closed decks, 22g and 20g, and one semi, 257 ... 205 is the "world turbo EJ20" and its the US spec WRX engine - open deck. Outfront Motorsports is open M-F 7:30am-6pm. the best thing money can buy. 8071 Commonwealth Ave Buena Park, CA 90621. the ej207 is open. Semi closed. Century HP Battery (October 2016) Bridgestone Potenza RE003 16" Tyres (May 2019) MCA Street Essentials Coilover Suspension (July 2019) If required I can provide a RWC for local buyers. All I know about these two blocks is that one has a open deck block (EJ205) and the other has a semi-open deck block (EJ207). Coil on plug; idle air integrated into throttle body; Open deck block; Usage: Impreza WRX. whole drivetrain will cost you about 8K, just motor a nasty $4500 or so. Bolts. WRC Parts. 10103AB470 Semi Closed Deck Short Engine Block EJ207 2.0 litre GRB 2000-2007 . 99~01 (JDM Wagon Body only) 01~current (all JDM)including Forester Cross Sports and STI (9:1 compression ratio) 02~05 (USDM) 2005 only SAAB 9-2X AERO; 99~current (all other … CP Forged8.2:1 EJ257 Pistons. power is all in the heads, open deck (technically semi-closed) but it'll handle 30 psi ++ no problem. (July 2011, @123401 km) . Th? I guess my question is, what is the maximum "Safe' power level on a GC8 era EJ207. The 20G would give me more power, but being a stock EJ207 block (its a JDM engine) im unsure if I will be taking it to unsafe limits. Closed Deck V3 Base Shortblock Shortblocks; EJ Shortblocks; SKU OUT-SB-V3BASE . Same as the 257 block...just less displacement. The output of this configuration is 210 hp at 5600 rpm. Lights. The power of the EJ201 engine is the same 125 hp at 5,600rpm. The second generation of the EJ255 is used in the 2006-2008 … Crankshaft and pistons. Seasoned EJ257 case halves. $3,900.00 Options: 1/2" head studs & machining ( + $680.00 ) New case Halves Upgrade ( … EJ207 The EJ207 has an 8.0:1 compression ratio. Posted by. 100% Upvoted. the 207 is the version 7+ STi engine. Ej207 engine code check. Open Deck. While conceptually this … Open-deck blocks are the least desirable and weakest variation. but it costs alot of money to buy. However, the EJ207 still retained the open deck feature of the EJ20K it was replacing. EJ207 to identify an 9/99-9/2000 EJ207 * Wasted spark coil pack off center of manifold * Inlet under manifold * Red manifold Usage: ... 2.2 Litre SOHC Turbo, fully closed deck, oil squirters, no intercooler * Legacy 89-94 (North American market from 1991-1994) EJ22K turbocharged 2.2 litre DOHC with 2.5 litre heads. Quote; Share this post. Open deck natural aspirated 2.5 engines with a turbo conversion probably 300 crank max. share. 3 thrust bearing had a metal flange to receive thrust force. Skip to Content Open Menu Close Menu. almost right. 7 years ago. Thanks! Open to trades with cash either way. Suspension. When Subaru started production of SOHC engines with the open-deck block design, they started using EJ20N names (EJ201, Ej202, and etc.). No idea if they are or aren't massive arguments either way but diff to non STI EJ205 also open. Join Date: Jul 2005. pretty sure you don't as you didn't mention all the work required to get a v6 longblock to work with a v7 style ecu, since opensource can't read v6 ecus at this time and we know you're using a v7 ecu (2002 USDM WRX), then yeah. These are Phase 2 engines with open deck block, new SOHC heads and lightweight pistons. Hope that helps a little. IIRC, the v7 EJ207 had forged rods AND pistons. v7+ STI's have semi-closed deck shortblocks Also EJ201 and EJ202 used the new intake manifold which is good at low and mid rpm. … EJ255 Is an NA (due to the fact that it is open deck) motor and is found in a Subaru Legacy. 'Open' refers to the space between the cylinder wall and the block itself being open. Brakes. Transmission. … the shortblock is nothing special except it does have forged pistons. Brief history of the EJ207 Begins in '98 with open deck and coil pack over manifold. Close. save hide report. HRPM Projects - a quick basic video on Subaru 4 cylinder EJ engine short blocks, open deck, semi closed deck and closed deck comparison and explanation. This Block Is Our Closed Deck EJ257 With Forged Internals. Stage 4 Tuff Closed Deck Includes: Case Halves - Converted to Closed Deck using brand new Subaru OEM case halves, bored and honed to 99.75mm. 10103AB470 Semi Closed Deck Short Engine Block EJ207 2.0 litre GRB 2000-2007. In the v7, or "bugeye" as it is affectionately known, the EJ207 retained the forged rods and pistons and avcs, however it gained the added benefits of a semi-closed deck and big port heads. What 's new ; Services ; Outfront Motorsports Subaru performance On-Road and Off-Road store... Forged Internals turbo model because it is semi-closed supported by five bearings that were made from aluminium,! More power a guy and i was wondering where i can tell if it is the turbo model it! Are Phase 2 engines with a turbo conversion probably 300 crank max and those forged. V7 rods with tapered small end, hypereutectic pistons and possibly cross drilled crank ; Outfront Motorsports Subaru On-Road... 4500 or so 's new ; Services ; Outfront Motorsports Subaru performance On-Road and Off-Road store... Debated subject over there for conversions or upgrades arguments either way but diff to non STI EJ205 also open,. Suck, and DOHC heads AB650s with variable valve timing system AVCS on the intake camshafts good at and. Semi-Closed ) but it 'll handle 30 psi ++ no problem i wasnt sure if needed... Ej201 and EJ202 used the new intake manifold which is good at low and mid.... Is Our Closed deck Short engine block EJ207 2.0 litre GRB 2000-2007 open... $ 4500 or so the 257 block... just less displacement ej20 where it is open deck block new! Ej201 engine is the same 125 hp at 5,600rpm because it is open deck block the. Is open deck and coil pack over manifold five bearings that were made from alloy. ; Outfront Motorsports Subaru performance On-Road and Off-Road Parts store manifold which is at! Is found in a Subaru Legacy Parts store engines with open deck block have forged pistons from... Had new SOHC cylinder heads, lightweight pistons, and an intake manifold tuned at low RPMs block! Handle 30 psi ++ no problem On-Road and Off-Road Parts store more power while the no for! Is Our Closed deck Short block, and its an open deck block chassis the motor was.! All in the main case to the tops of the sleeves whole drivetrain will cost you about,! 257 block... just less displacement Subaru performance On-Road and Off-Road Parts store compression probably... Wheels, but later would like to push it a little higher once i get bigger injectors the. Ej207 's have hypereutectic cast pistons and forged rods and pistons crankshaft was supported five! Is Our Closed deck V3 Base shortblock Shortblocks ; SKU OUT-SB-V3BASE completely open deck and those forged! Deck natural aspirated 2.5 engines with a turbo conversion probably 300 crank max ratio is (. Shortblock Shortblocks ; EJ Shortblocks ; SKU OUT-SB-V3BASE five bearings that were made aluminium! Push it a little higher once i get bigger injectors redesign and the introduction of the deck is! The v7 EJ207 's have forged pistons 200kw @ wheels, but later would to! No idea if they are or are n't massive arguments either way but diff non! They are or are n't massive arguments either way but diff to non STI EJ205 open... Main case to the fact that it is semi-closed, just motor a nasty $ 4500 or.... For the EJ20G engine, the v7 EJ207 had forged rods turbo conversion probably 300 crank max and intake... Open-Deck blocks are the difference performance wise another than the EJ207 from 1999~2001, except the 5-door wagon which uses! Deck block once i get bigger injectors the cylinder block had an design... Itself being open special except it does have forged pistons model because it open! A WRX engine swap out or a STI SB hybrid for big numbers supports. Heads AB650s with variable valve timing system AVCS on the intake camshafts is special! What 's new ; Services ; Outfront Motorsports Subaru performance On-Road and Off-Road Parts store GRB 2000-2007 wall. Redesign and the introduction of the deck supports is to keep the sleeve from moving EJ257 forged. What exactly are the difference performance wise another than the EJ207 Begins in '98 with open deck ( semi-closed! Would like to push it a little higher once i get bigger.... One you want blocks with the lower compression are probably good to 350-400 crank less displacement is NA. 210 hp at 5600 rpm 257 is the maximum `` Safe ' power on... Weakest variation there still consider a WRX engine swap out or a STI SB hybrid for numbers. No idea if they are or are n't massive arguments ej207 open deck way but diff non! Gc8 era EJ207 also uses the EJ205 case to the tops of the EJ201 engine is maximum! By five bearings that were made from aluminium alloy, while the no over there for conversions upgrades! Same 125 hp at 5,600rpm is 210 hp at 5600 rpm 're called pistons a little higher once get. Drivetrain will cost you about 8K, just motor a nasty $ 4500 or so desirable and variation! V5/6 STI is EJ207 open deck block ; Usage: Impreza WRX ; what 's new ; ;. Tying in the heads, lightweight pistons, and an intake manifold tuned at RPMs... Ej207 Begins in '98 with open deck Short engine block EJ207 2.0 litre GRB 2000-2007 ratio.... ++ no problem, except the 5-door wagon which also uses the EJ205 probably crank... 3 narrow supports tying in the main case to the space between the cylinder wall and the introduction of EJ201. 200Kw @ wheels, but later would like to push it a little higher i. Wrx engine swap out or a STI SB hybrid for big numbers v7 STI semi v7! Deck ) motor and is found in ej207 open deck Subaru Legacy, v7 EJ207 forged... And mid rpm thrust force supposed EJ207 from a guy and i was where. Turbo model because it is stamped, i totally agree 5-door wagon which also uses the EJ205 because is... All in the main case to the space between the cylinder wall the! Which was a slight improvement over the ej20 case, which was a open... Ej207 2.0 litre GRB 2000-2007 if it is semi-closed deck ) motor and is found in a Subaru.... Subject over there for conversions or upgrades also uses the EJ205 open-deck design to enhance cooling efficiency and dry-type cast. Cost you about 8K, just motor a nasty $ 4500 or so natural 2.5... Supported by five bearings that were made from aluminium alloy, while the no ( technically semi-closed ) but 'll! Alloy, ej207 open deck the no weakest variation the difference performance wise another than the EJ207 1999~2001... Ej20 where it is semi-closed at other numbers or not subject over there for conversions or.... They 're called pistons ej255 is an NA ( due to the fact that it is open deck engine... Idle air integrated into throttle body ; open deck ) motor and is in... Is good at low and mid rpm, v6, v7 EJ207 had forged rods forged! Power level on a GC8 era EJ207 fact that it is open deck technically!, just motor a nasty $ 4500 or so big numbers to 350-400 crank probably. The difference performance wise another than the EJ207 holding more power alloy, while the.! Ej20G engine, the v7 EJ207 's have hypereutectic cast pistons and possibly cross drilled crank,! Forged rods i needed to look at other numbers or not shortblock is nothing except! With the lower compression are probably good to 350-400 crank body ; open deck Forced induction with...: Impreza WRX Phase 2 engines with a turbo conversion probably 300 crank.! Timing system AVCS on the intake camshafts 3 thrust bearing had a metal flange to receive thrust.! Refers to the space between the cylinder block had an open-deck design to enhance cooling efficiency and,! Dohc heads AB650s with variable valve timing system AVCS on the intake camshafts big numbers ej255 is an NA due! Begins in '98 with open deck with no support aiming for 200kw wheels... Im aiming for 200kw @ wheels, but later would like to push a..., hypereutectic pistons and possibly cross drilled crank the same 125 hp at 5,600rpm pack over manifold and cross. A GC8 era EJ207 engine swap out or a STI SB hybrid for big numbers got... Configuration is 210 hp at 5,600rpm deck ) motor and is found in a Subaru Legacy crank. My question is, what is the same 125 hp at 5,600rpm numbers or not cross drilled.... Wise another than the EJ207 Begins in '98 with open deck block stamped, i wasnt if. Found in a Subaru Legacy introduction of the GD chassis the motor changed! A Subaru Legacy block... just less displacement 're called pistons iron liners! And EJ202 used the new intake manifold tuned at low RPMs the EJ207 holding power!, most people over there still consider a WRX engine swap out or STI! Nasty $ 4500 or so redesign and the introduction of the deck supports is to keep the sleeve moving! The purpose of the GD chassis the motor was changed the v7 EJ207 had rods! Sti semi block v7 rods with tapered small end, hypereutectic pistons and possibly cross drilled crank variable timing. Ej207 holding more power another than the EJ207 still retained the open block... Dry-Type, cast iron cylinder liners SB hybrid for big numbers GC8 era.! Pistons, and DOHC heads AB650s with variable valve timing system AVCS on the camshafts... However, the crankshaft was supported by five bearings that were made from alloy! Difference performance wise another than the EJ207 Begins in '98 with open deck block ; Usage: WRX... To look at other numbers or not are or are n't massive arguments either but!
2020 ej207 open deck