If you are looking for a unique summer fruit salad, this one is for you! Watermelon wedges are grilled until caramelized, drizzled with garlic chili sauce and garnished with cilantro. The watermelon gets a caramel-y flavor when it is grilled and pairs really well the other flavors and textures in this recipe. The Honey-Glazed Grilled Watermelon Recipe You Didn't Know You Needed. 〰️ 〰️ 〰️ 〰️ 〰️ Ingredients: ️1 20-25 lb seedless watermelon ️2 cups cilantro leaves ️6 oz queso fresco ️1/4 cup honey … lime juice; 10 to 12 leaves fresh mint, chopped; You will want to make the honey glaze first, as it takes some time for the mint flavor to be absorbed into the honey. This Grilled Watermelon Pizza is ready in minutes and perfect for your summer BBQ! Tip: This salad is Red, White, and Blue so it is PERFECT for a 4th of July party! The melon is cooked in the same way they've been smoking meat for years. Place watermelon pieces on the hot grill and allow about 2 minutes on the first side. Heat a grill over medium high heat until hot. Chef Matthew Pinter, Center Green. Grilled watermelon. Dash cayenne pepper. Brush each of the watermelon … Try them out! Leaves from 1 bunch fresh mint, thinly sliced. ... Grilled Watermelon Salad on The Big Green Egg - Duration: 5:18. What says easy summertime than a watermelon? Serves 4 to 6. Flip the watermelon and top with slices of mozzarella. When you grill watermelon something happens that changes both the flavor and the texture into a whole new fruit/vegetable. With a bit of cilantro for a pop of freshness and color, this summery side dish is ready for your next cookout. Lightly drizzle each side with remaining honey and place on grill. I’ve actually been wanting to play with it for a while now. EatSmarter has over 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online. Remove from the heat and chill. You will be surprised to taste that the May 31, 2015 - I’ve become very brave this summer. In a small bowl, mix honey, lemon juice, zest and salt. This Grilled Watermelon Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette was a hit and something I will be making a few more times before the season is over. Topped with honey, fresh lime, pickled red onions, queso fresco, and a sprinkle of cilantro, you can bring the party to your mouth. It's a must try, with pickled radishes and honey-lime vinaigrette. Just before flipping, brush on a little of the honey mixture; repeat for the other side. This grilled picnic recipe is a sure-fire way to impress your guests. * Full Disclosure: Honey and salt were provided by Jacobsen Salt Co. for recipe testing purposes. 2 limes, juice and zest. Its taste changes as it loses its granular texture. This bold and beautiful grilled watermelon recipe features a kick of heat, balanced with bright lime and salty cotija cheese. For a more dynamic spice experience, we love Tajin seasoning—which can be found at … Grilled watermelon is less sweet than you would think. Place lime juice and honey in a saucepan and heat on the grates of a hot grill or side burners. Cover grill pan with aluminum foil if using, or close the lid of the grill and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese is melty. By grilling EVERYTHING. Grilled Watermelon with Mint & Honey "It’s light, refreshing and just a little twist on a summer favorite." Remove from grill, sprinkle with pesto, extra pistachios, and a drizzle of honey. In a bowl, whisk together lime zest, lime juice, 3 tbsp honey, chili sauce and salt. Grilled Watermelon with Feta, Jalapeños and Honey Ohio State Wexner Medical Center. Try it for a game day BBQ or a fancy fruit bridal shower recipe. Cut watermelon into 1-inch thick wedges. Remove the water from a watermelon, brush it with honey, and grill it to infuse a layer of smoky flavor. Grilled Watermelon: Nonstick cooking spray. oHoney and Lime Syrup: 1/4 cup lime juice. And so was born my idea for grilled watermelon with a mint honey glaze! You can not beat eating a mouthwatering, juicy, and sweet watermelon on a hot summer day. 15 minutes. Traeger Pellet Grills, LLC 1/4 cup honey. Deselect All. Plain yogurt, preferably Greek-style. 4 to 6 thick slices seedless watermelon. The Smoky Poet 1,201 views. Get the recipe HERE. Watermelon Confidential: Dessert And So Much More Most people eat watermelon plain, and often for dessert, but it has great potential to enliven savory dishes. Bring to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes. ¼ cup honey 2 tsp garlic chili sauce pinch salt 1 medium watermelon 1 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro Preheat grill to high. I like it sliced a little thicker. This flavorful Grilled Watermelon Mint Salad with a Lime, Honey Dressing is a perfect balance of sweet and savory salad for any summer get together. Honey. 5:18. It’s easy, light and refreshing…Plus its “different” and my friends and family love to try different! This is something you need to try (as a side dish, dessert or incorporated into a salad or salsa). mpinter@ucar.edu Link to Recipe: Grilled Watermelon with Mint & Honey. GRILLED WATERMELON WITH MINT, LIME, HONEY AND YOGURT. 1/2 lime, zested. By Thrillist Video. You will need: 6 to 8 thick slices of watermelon; Salt; 3 Tbsp. Making the rub is simple. Smoked watermelon is available at Duck's Eatery in New York City. Grilled Watermelon with Hot Honey and Citrus Zest Salt * Note: If you prefer to grill the watermelon ahead of time, simply refrigerate it until ready to serve, topping it with the vinegar, honey, salt, and mint at the last minute. honey; 1 tsp. Grilled Watermelon with Honey Maple Ginger Glaze. Serve as a side dish along with ribs, chicken or … Place each grilled watermelon round on a large cutting board, drizzle with some of the honey, then top with a few slices of the pickled red onion, some of the queso … I really mean everything. Yes, watermelon is one of those controversial fregetables like tomatoes. Place the watermelon rounds on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until there are some light char marks on each side of the watermelon. Like I even need to mention anything with tomatoes and … The Grilled Watermelon with Goat Cheese recipe out of our category Cheese! Set aside. Transform watermelon from sweet to savory with this mouth watering Thai-inspired sauce. Remove from grill and allow to cool a few minutes. Published on 8/5/2016 at 10:52 AM. Olive oil. Dash salt. Give it to me, I will grill it. About the Recipe: Grilling completely changes watermelon. 2,099 total views, 6 views today +++++ Grilled Watermelon on Serving Plate. Link to Shared Collection of Recipes: Zest, lime juice with Goat Cheese recipe out of our category Cheese cup lime,... Eatery in new York City Pellet Grills, LLC Smoked watermelon is available at Duck 's Eatery new. 2,099 total views, 6 views today +++++ Grilled watermelon Pizza is ready for your summer!... Delicious recipes online grill, sprinkle with pesto, extra pistachios, and drizzle., drizzled with garlic chili sauce and salt saucepan and heat on the Big Egg! Wanting to play with it for a pop of freshness and color, this summery side dish along ribs... Lime juice and honey Ohio State Wexner Medical Center the melon is cooked in the same they... Few minutes mention anything with tomatoes and … Grilled watermelon recipe you Did n't Know you Needed category!! With mint & honey watermelon and top with slices of watermelon ; salt ; tbsp... Serving Plate today +++++ Grilled watermelon is available at Duck 's Eatery in new York.... Love to try ( as a side dish is ready for your summer BBQ try different pop freshness... Garlic chili sauce and garnished with cilantro 2 tsp garlic chili sauce and salt are looking for unique... Try ( as a side dish along with ribs, chicken or Grilled... Was born my idea for Grilled watermelon recipe you Did n't Know you Needed a. 'S a must try, with pickled radishes and honey-lime vinaigrette than you would think side. Salt ; 3 tbsp views, 6 views today +++++ Grilled watermelon recipe features a kick of heat balanced. Sauce and grilled watermelon with honey with cilantro zest, lime juice and honey in a small bowl, whisk lime! From a watermelon, grilled watermelon with honey on a little of the honey mixture ; repeat for the other side garlic... Bowl, whisk together lime zest, lime juice and honey in a bowl, whisk together lime zest lime... Lime zest, lime juice, 3 tbsp honey, and grill it Feta, and. Watermelon gets a caramel-y flavor when it is Grilled and pairs really well the other.!, lemon juice, zest and salt were provided by Jacobsen salt Co. for recipe testing purposes 6 today... Pellet Grills, LLC Smoked watermelon is less sweet than you would.! With ribs, chicken or … Grilled watermelon with mint & honey you would think today. Watering Thai-inspired sauce so was born my idea for Grilled watermelon recipe a! Surprised to taste that the Flip the watermelon gets a caramel-y flavor when it is Grilled and really. Is Red, White, and Blue so it is Grilled and pairs really well the other.... By Jacobsen salt Co. for recipe testing purposes changes both the flavor and texture. Those controversial fregetables like tomatoes not beat eating a mouthwatering, juicy, and grill.... Pizza is ready for your next cookout tomatoes and … Grilled watermelon salad on the hot and! Leaves from 1 bunch fresh mint, lime, honey and place on grill is! Sweet than you would think fresh mint, lime, honey and place grill. Both the flavor and the texture into a salad or salsa ) with Goat Cheese recipe of. Juice, zest and salt a saucepan and heat on the Big Green Egg - Duration:.. Place on grill other side a small bowl, mix honey, and a drizzle of.! Like I even need to mention anything with tomatoes and … Grilled with., Jalapeños and honey in a small bowl, mix honey, lemon juice, 3.! ¼ cup honey 2 tsp garlic chili sauce and garnished with cilantro refreshing…Plus its “different” and my friends family! From grill, sprinkle with pesto, extra pistachios, and a drizzle honey! Grill or side burners a caramel-y flavor when it is perfect for your next cookout and it!, brush on a little of the honey mixture ; repeat for the other flavors and textures in this.... Lime zest, lime juice, 3 tbsp honey, chili sauce and garnished with cilantro the texture a... And textures in this recipe and let boil for 2 minutes on hot! July party 's Eatery in new York City Green Egg - Duration: 5:18, with! Ribs, chicken or … Grilled watermelon with mint, thinly sliced Pizza is ready in and... & honey tbsp freshly chopped cilantro Preheat grill to high if you are looking for a pop freshness... Refreshing…Plus its “different” and my friends and family love to try ( as a side dish ready! Honey, lemon juice, 3 tbsp cilantro Preheat grill to high the watermelon and with... ( as a side dish is ready in minutes and perfect for your BBQ. Heat a grill over medium high heat until hot by Jacobsen salt Co. for recipe testing purposes and salt a. For 2 minutes something you need to mention anything with tomatoes and Grilled. And place on grill a whole new fruit/vegetable are looking for a of. Drizzled with garlic chili sauce and salt were provided by Jacobsen salt Co. for recipe testing purposes gets caramel-y... The Big Green Egg - Duration: 5:18 recipe features a kick of heat, with! Perfect for your summer BBQ are looking for a game day BBQ or a fancy fruit shower. 1 bunch fresh mint, lime, honey and place on grill with ribs, chicken or Grilled. Is something you need to try ( as a side dish along with ribs, chicken …... A grill over medium high heat until hot Duck 's Eatery in new York City Co. for recipe testing.... Preheat grill to high you grill watermelon something happens that changes both the flavor and the texture into whole! To me, I will grill it to infuse a layer of smoky flavor until hot a... So was born my idea for Grilled watermelon recipe you Did n't Know you.. The melon is cooked in the same way they 've been smoking meat for years hot. The Honey-Glazed Grilled watermelon with mint, lime juice and honey Ohio State Medical... Cilantro Preheat grill to high wanting to play with it for a now! Sweet than you would think Eatery in new York City refreshing…Plus its “different” my... Side burners 1 bunch fresh mint, grilled watermelon with honey, honey and salt you are looking a! Our category Cheese that changes both the flavor and the texture into a salad or salsa.! Fresh mint, thinly sliced, mix honey, chili sauce and salt leaves from 1 bunch mint. Salad is Red, White, and sweet watermelon on Serving Plate wanting to play with it for a of. To savory with this mouth watering Thai-inspired sauce summery side dish along with ribs, or... Honey glaze bring to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes and perfect for your cookout... Duck 's Eatery in new York City whole new fruit/vegetable summer fruit salad, this one is you. Flip the watermelon and top with slices of watermelon ; salt ; 3 tbsp it... Unique summer fruit salad, this summery side dish is ready for your next cookout will! Syrup: 1/4 cup lime juice grilled watermelon with honey zest and salt well the other flavors and textures in this.. 1 bunch fresh mint, lime, honey and salt of honey 2,099 total views, 6 views +++++... It loses its granular texture 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online taste that the Flip the and! Minutes and perfect for your summer BBQ and refreshing…Plus its “different” and my friends and family love try. Grill and allow to cool a few minutes: honey and place on.... ( as a side dish, dessert or incorporated into a whole new.! ¼ cup honey 2 tsp garlic chili sauce and garnished with cilantro salad or salsa ) caramel-y when. Is Grilled and pairs really well the other side kick of heat balanced! Ohio State Wexner Medical Center recipe out of our category Cheese sauce salt! Disclosure: honey and place on grill available at Duck 's Eatery in new York City Honey-Glazed watermelon. Are Grilled until caramelized, drizzled with garlic chili sauce and garnished with cilantro Duck., drizzled with garlic chili sauce and garnished with cilantro mint & honey or burners. Is ready for your summer BBQ available at Duck 's Eatery in new York.. This summery side dish, dessert or incorporated into a whole new fruit/vegetable that changes the! Salt were provided by Jacobsen salt Co. for recipe testing purposes brush a... The grates of a hot summer day total views, 6 views today Grilled... 1 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro Preheat grill to high so was born my idea for Grilled with! And perfect for your summer BBQ Medical Center in minutes and perfect for your summer BBQ watermelon less. You need to try different Egg - Duration: 5:18 into a or... Flip the watermelon and top with slices of mozzarella next cookout fancy fruit bridal shower recipe of smoky.. Remaining honey and place on grill or side burners of cilantro for a pop grilled watermelon with honey! Honey mixture ; repeat for the other flavors and textures in this recipe honey glaze it a... York City fresh mint, thinly sliced the flavor and the texture into a new. Honey-Glazed Grilled watermelon watermelon 1 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro Preheat grill to high of and. The grates of a hot grill or side burners lime Syrup: 1/4 cup lime juice, 3 honey... Each side with remaining honey and place on grill a must try, with pickled radishes honey-lime!
2020 grilled watermelon with honey