The information collected might relate to you, your preferences or your device, and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to and to provide a more personalized web experience. When compared to cold cereal, oatmeal has been shown to increase feelings of fullness and satisfaction, so if cereal is your morning jam, oatmeal is a good choice. But for a healthy eater, restaurant meals can be tricky. Tuna Salad Sandwich on Honey Wheat (Half)Cal: 260 Fat: 8g Sat Fat: 2g Sodium: 550mg Sugars: 6g, Roasted Turkey & Avocado BLT on Sourdough (Half)Cal: 270 Fat: 12g Sat Fat: 2g Sodium: 470mg Sugars: 1g, Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich on Tomato Basil (Half) Cal: 280 Fat: 6g Sat Fat: 1.5g Sodium: 700mg Sugars: 10g, Roasted Turkey & Caramelized Kale (Half)Cal: 290 Fat: 11g Sat Fat: 3g Sodium: 640mg Sugars: 2g, Smart Sides:Half Seasonal Greens Salad (No Vinaigrette)Cal: 90 Fat: 6g Sat Fat: 1g Sodium: 75mg Sugars: 7g, Fat Free Poppyseed Dressing (Half-Portion)Cal: 15 Fat: 0g Sat Fat: 0g Sodium: 45mg Sugars: 2g, 1 Apple Cal: 80 Fat: 0g Sat Fat: 0g Sodium: 21mg Sugars: 15g, Panera Baked Crisps (1 Bag)Cal: 130 Fat: 2.5g Sat Fat: 0.5g Sodium: 150mg Sugars: 1g, Credit: Steel Cut Oatmeal with Almonds, Quinoa and Honey. It doesn’t. This Avocado, Egg White & Spinach Sandwich is one of the healthiest Panera keto options, just make sure to order without the bun. i need the healthiest, lowest calorie, lowest fat, and lowest sodium meal. Cooking Light may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Both will help your body flush out the extra sodium. Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken. The information collected might relate to you, your preferences or your device, and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to and to provide a more personalized web experience. Doing so brings the sodium down 250 mg — still high at 980 mg, but an improvement. Pick up a sandwich platter for your next event from Panera Bread Catering! … That will keep the sodium in a healthy range. In fact, the sandwich is so healthy compared to the competition that it's one of these diet expert-approved orders from Burger King. Sign up for our new weekly newsletter, ThePrep, for inspiration and support for all your meal plan struggles. Panera Steel Cut Oatmeal with Strawberries, Pecans, and … Plus, it contains sprouted grains, which are easier to digest than regular whole grain breads. Why it’s good: This oatmeal is high in fiber (9g) from whole grains, … It was good. This sandwich would make a filling and nutritious start to your day. To keep fat in check, choose sandwiches made with lean proteins such as roasted turkey and tuna, or go meatless and pile on the veggies. The Turkey Breast sandwich is part of the Fresh Fit menu. When you visit our website, we store cookies on your browser to collect information. Though I’ve customized them specifically based on Panera’s options, you’ll get ideas for how to upgrade your meals elsewhere, too. Our 31-day calendar of meals and tips shows you how to cook more and love it with fun, family-friendly meals that come together quickly and deliciously. Doing so boosts your healthy fat intake, which is a nutritious move. Surprisingly, Panera Bread’s steak and arugula sandwich has less sodium than their Mediterranean veggie sandwich. A whopping 490 calories, 13g sat fat, 30g total fat, and 1,020mg sodium. To lighten the sodium load, choose off the “You Pick Two” menu. “With only 340 calories, this salad is one of the lightest and most nutritious options on the Panera menu,” says Clark. Sprouted grains also make the nutrients in grains more bioavailable. With thinly-sliced seared steak, ripe tomatoes, pickled onions, and an herbed cream cheese spread, this is a light lunch option. Load it up with all the vegetables you want, just stay away from the cheese and creamy dressings. Performance Cookies. That's 40 fewer calories than the flatbread or the Monterey Cheddar!. By Cynthia Sass, MPH, RD Who ever said that chicken wings, doughnuts, and pizza couldn't be healthy? Per bowl (1 ½ cups): 390 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat, 0.5 g trans fat), … White, wheat, whole grain — they're all vastly different, nutritionally speaking. Mac and cheese is a personal fav. ... making it the healthiest fast food pick at Panera. Bring it down another 250 mg by choosing avocado instead of feta. Healthiest Sandwich Picks at Panera. NBC News BETTER is obsessed with finding easier, healthier and smarter ways to live. Dinner Tonight: Quick and Healthy Menus in 45 Minutes (or Less). Case in point: Panera’s Cranberry Orange Muffin, which has 480 calories and 71 grams of carbs, 40 of which are sugar, and only 2 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein. Panera Kids Deli Sandwich – Smoked Turkey 300 cal, 5g sat fat, 10g total fat, 1,160mg sodium, 35g carbs, 4g sugars, 3g fiber, 21g protein. Cooking Light is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Panera Bread Company — Panera, for short — is a fast-casual chain with over 2,000 locations across the United States and Canada.. Credit: Panera Bread. Since many gluten-free breads are made from corn or rice starch, they tend to be low in fiber and protein. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Whole foods provide a nutritional boost over processed ones, and in this case, pecans stand out with more than 19 vitamins and minerals, including key nutrients like vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. Although it may look dark and intimidating, this heartily seasoned black bean soup is one of the lightest and healthiest options on Panera's menu. With everything from paninis to flatbread sandwiches, Panera’s menu plenty of tasty choices. With 280 calories and 18 grams of protein, this is a great choice if you're looking for a healthy lunch. I live in Hampton and was in this area and wanted something relatively healthy, or at least less bad for us. The Caesar Salad is a classic choice, although not without its landmines. 1 / 11. Tuna Salad Sandwich on Honey Wheat (Half) Cal: 260 Fat: 8g Sat Fat: 2g Sodium: 550mg Sugars: 6g. "This 400-calorie meal is a great way to kick off your day. The healthiest bread you can buy is a 100% whole grain loaf. The information collected might relate to you, your preferences or your device, and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to and to provide a more personalized web experience. Choosing pecans over the croutons also lightens the carb load. Panera Kids Grilled Cheese Sandwich 300 cal, 9g sat fat, 12g total fat, 890mg sodium, 35g carbs, 4g sugars, 3g fiber, 15g protein. The Egg White, Avocado & Spinach, the Turkey Sausage, Egg White & Spinach, and the Mediterranean Egg White beat the other breakfast sandwiches. Jun 23, 2016 - Eating healthy doesn't have to mean sacrificing dining out. To cut back even more, you can skip both toppings and opt for pecans, instead. Here’s the catch—because of high-fat and high-sodium ingredients, a whole-sized sandwich is far too often a poor choice. The Healthiest Soup Choices at Panera Bread Eating healthy doesn't have to mean sacrificing going out. The only thing missing from this meal is produce, so I’d pair it with the Summer Fruit Cup to balance out breakfast. And make sure you drink plenty of water and meet your fruit and veggie quota throughout the day. Panera is a bread company, so it feels wrong not to include your best bread options. Avocado, Egg White & Spinach. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad With Chicken. Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich. Panera Bread, Credit: © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. but i really do NOT want any salad or any type of salad. Lastly, the more basic the bread, the better—whole grain, sourdough, and the sprouted grain bagel “flat” are all nutritionally solid options. If you downsize to a half sandwich, nutrition will stay in check, and with healthy additions such as an apple, baked potato crisps, or half salad, you can have a balanced meal. It's a tie between the 9-Grain Wheat Bread and the Italian White Bread.A 6 inch serving of either of these breads contains 180 calories. And who eats out just once a week? I’m a fan of the flat bagel, which cuts about 20 g of carbs when compared to Panera’s whole grain bagel. Cup Turkey Chili + Sprouted Grain Roll. Confirm My Choices. The 6-inch Turkey Breast sandwich with nine-grain wheat bread contains 250 calories and 3 grams (g) of fat, including 0.5 g of saturated fat. Skipping the bacon would shave 200 mg of sodium (and 100 calories) from this meal — worthwhile nutritional savings if you ask me. my choices are panera bread, qdoba, and yang kee noodle asian cafe. Half Greek Salad with Black Bean Soup. Panera Kids Grilled Cheese Sandwich Baked Potato Soup. The kids were happy with their bagels. “Panera now offers freshly cooked breakfast sandwiches using 100 percent real eggs,” says Lauren Harris-Pincus, MS, RDN. Even a good ol' ham and cheese sandwich packs a power punch of sodium at Panera. If you're craving a sandwich, the Roasted Turkey Cranberry Flatbread is a great option. My soup and sandwich was very good. I can’t even quibble with the drizzle of honey since it’s only providing about a teaspoon of added sugar. Like most restaurant meals, the sodium is high, but 300 mg of salt is coming from the Greek dressing. The items listed fall generally under 400 calories or so and under 15 grams of fat, so if you are going to be stuck eating at such restaurants, this is a fairly good guideline. The whole sandwich only has 730 calories, but once again, sodium sends the … With oversized bagels and sweet treats galore, both the bakery and cafe … At Panera Bread Virginia Beach - First Colonial Road, that's good eating and that's why we're serving clean food without artificial preservatives, sweeteners, flavors or colors from artificial sources. It should have 4 grams of fiber or more per serving and less than 5 grams of added sugar. Image source: Bloomberg / Getty. This sandwich would make a filling and nutritious start to your day. These Are The 10 Healthiest Foods at Panera. Vendor Search. You would think that Panera would offer 100% whole grain because it is so popular with the healthy crowd. One of Panera Bread’s selling points is the “You Pick Two” … When you visit our website, we store cookies on your browser to collect information. I'd never been to a Panera Bread, so what better way to experience the chain than by ordering every sandwich to figure out the best one? The 4 Healthiest Menu Items at Panera Bread (Plus 3 Things to Avoid) The 4 Healthiest Menu Items at Panera Bread (Plus 3 Things to Avoid) Here's what a nutritionist would order. What is the healthiest thing to eat at Panera? Panera Bread’s “Power Sandwiches” are good choices. Ranking The Healthiest Breads, From Best To Worst. And we're always finding new ways to make every soup, salad, sandwich and sweet bakery treat you eat at Panera the best (and cleanest) it can be. It can be tricky to eat well when dining out, but seeking out healthy fare is worth the effort: According to recent research, each meal eaten out is associated with a slight increase in body mass index (or BMI). Instead of the tomato-basil bread it’s served on, get it on the sourdough. A bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich that uses a freshly cracked egg is still a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on a big brioche bun. This sandwich is layered with lots of veggies, meet your fruit and veggie quota throughout the day, Healthy Trader Joe's products nutritionists swear by, 11 delicious avocado recipes that don't involve avocado toast, Seriously filling salads you'll want to eat all summer, Grain-containing dishes are made with whole grains, Fruits and/or veggies are included in the meal (and preferably in abundance), Calorie levels are appropriate for most adults (under 550 calories, though those looking to lose weight may want to aim for less), Dishes contain healthy fats from foods like avocados, olives and nuts, Added sugars are kept to a reasonable limit. Below you’ll find our top sandwich and side choices, but we encourage you to read Panera’s full nutrition information (available online) before your next visit. The pick 2 menu is a great choice. 1 to 10 of 135 for Panera Bread Sandwiches. This bean-based soup is a satisfying, plant-based choice that provides almost 70 percent of your daily fiber needs. Ask your server to go easy on the herb cream cheese spread. An analysis showed that meals from fast-casual restaurants, including Panera, can have significantly more calories than a fast food meal. courtesy of panera bread This one's a no-brainer. Panera Kids Deli Sandwich – Smoked Ham 300 cal, 6g sat fat, 9g total fat, 1,210mg sodium, 34g carbs, 3g sugars, 3g fiber, 21g protein. Posted by rodgccr on April 28, 2017. If unwanted pounds aren’t bad enough, restaurant meals are also typically high in sodium, yet low in fiber and whole grains, and many don’t contain adequate produce. Sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Credit: Read full article. So what is the healthiest bread at Subway? When you visit our website, we store cookies on your browser to collect information. In general, meals that meet the following guidelines are good choices when you’re dining out. Since the black pepper croutons don’t add anything by way of nutrition, try skipping them and getting your crunch from the optional pecans instead. Panera has several sections of their menu that covers Breakfast, Baked Goods, Sandwiches, and Soups. The Healthiest Sandwich Choices at Panera Bread. Half Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich + Half Seasonal Greens Salad 1/2 sandwich + 1/2 salad: 320 calories, 12g total fat (2.5g sat fat), 665mg sodium, 45g carbs, 5g fiber, 11g sugars, 11g protein SmartPoints® value 11* Here's a lunch pairing for the vegetarian … Below are other eat-well commandments to be on the lookout for: Want more tips like these? The thing is, aside from the bread bowls, everything at Panera seems at least kind of healthy. I tried every sandwich available at my nearest Panera and ranked them from worst to best. Strawberry Poppyseed Salad with Chicken. Eating Healthier at Fast Food Restaurants : Panera Bread I have created this list of selected items for you to use when you must eat out. This sandwich would make a filling and nutritious start to your day. Most breakfast options at Panera Bread are high in calories, including the muffins, scones, cakes, rolls and bagels. Panera Kids Mac & Cheese. Our sandwich tray assortments are a perfect option for your lunch catering needs. As with other salads, my advice is to get the dressing on the side and use just enough to coat your greens. The whole-grain flatbreads provide fewer calories and carbohydrates than many of the other sandwich-bread options at Panera. Healthiest Items to Order at Panera ... opt for something more nutritious at Panera, in lieu of your usual sandwich or pastry. This meal meets all of my nutritional requirements: Not too much added sugar, lots of produce, hearty levels of protein and fiber (to keep your belly full), and sodium levels (just 280 mg) that are hard to match in restaurant meals. As you’ve seen above, however, it’s often hard to meet these requirements at a restaurant. "On a sprouted grain flat, this sandwich has 7 grams of fiber and 21 grams of protein. Subway’s healthiest sandwich is the six-inch turkey breast sandwich, which contains just 280 calories and 4.3 grams of fat (with one gram of saturated fat, 20 milligrams of cholesterol, and 760 milligrams of sodium) when served on nine-grain wheat bread. The 12 Healthy Meals You Should Order at Panera — and Yes, There Are Low-Carb Options The healthiest things to eat at Panera Bread. Note, however, that it’s really high in sodium — above 1,000 mg out of the 2,300 mg limit recommended for healthy adults. The swap brings avocado’s vitamins and minerals to your meal and ups the fiber another 4 grams. Avocado, Egg White & Spinach. The moral of this story is that sometimes making healthy choices takes more than common sense. It's vegan, low-calorie, and low-fat, and the black beans provide an excellent serving of fiber, which aids in digestion and allows your body to absorb vital nutrients. The Healthiest Soup Choices at Panera Bread Eating healthy doesn't have to mean sacrificing going out. If you crave the creaminess of cheese or mayo, try substituting avocado, which is high in healthy fats but much lower in sodium. Cheap and fast but a big step above fast food. 1 cup chili + 1 roll: 330 calories, 9g total fat (1.5g sat fat), … The next time you're at Subway and want to eat clean, order any of these healthy sandwiches for a flavorful, filling meal. If we're in the area again I'll stop by this panera it was a pleasant experience. The serving size is 2 oz, and if you don’t know how much bread that is (I don’t), it’s going to be a small slice, approximately the size of an index card. Taken with another analysis showing that meals from fast-casual restaurants, including Panera, can have significantly more calories than a fast food meal, a several-times-per-week dining out habit (be it breakfast, lunch or dinner), can lead to a lot of unwanted pounds. Panera Kids™ – Worst Choice. A half-sandwich on sourdough has just 240 calories and 16 grams of protein (thanks to a nice helping of grass-fed seared steak). For those craving a turkey sandwich, this one gets my vote, but I’d suggest eating it open-faced since most adults could do without the extra carbs, calories and sodium from refined breads. Pair it with the Seasonal Greens Salad and remember to go easy on the side serving of dressing. Panera Bread is a popular fast-casual chain that’s known for its sandwiches. Still, dining out is a convenience we all rely on so to help you avoid the unhealthiness and keep things light, I drilled down into the nutrition information of the Panera menu for the best offerings and looked for ways to make them even better. Find out what our best sandwich picks are for the next time you're dining at Panera Bread. None of the breakfast sandwiches at Panera are a great option if you’re looking to be healthy (the best one still has 5 grams of saturated fat and 630 grams of sodium…um, no thank you). The veggie-packed bowl is the only option with less than 750 milligrams of sodium, plus it has just 110 calories and 3.5 grams of fat. The extra protein boost in this sandwich makes it a great option for … Good news: Your choices go way beyond the typical breakfast sandwich.Many fast-food chains have upped their a.m. game. All Rights Reserved. (Chicken Tortellini Alfredo and Frontega Chicken Panini, I’ve got my eyes on you!) To enjoy this popular favorite the low-carb way, skip the bun. The steel cut oatmeal base makes this another winning breakfast. The combo of steel cut oats and quinoa gets the thumbs up in my book. This egg, Vermont white cheddar, and smoked lean ham sandwich serves up as much protein as a 3 1/2-ounce fish fillet, Dr. Gerbstadt says. The Sprouted Grain Bagel Flat sandwich is 100 percent whole wheat, which provides long-lasting energy to help fuel your workouts. Ask for a Strawberry Granola Parfait instead for a lower calorie option containing 310 calories, 11 grams of fat, 45 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of fiber and 9 grams of protein. Turkey Sandwich. Tips like eating an open-faced sandwich, skipping the bacon, ordering dressing on the side, and adding flavor- and nutrition-boosters, like avocados and nuts, are strategies that can be applied no matter where you’re dining. Hundreds of delicious recipes, paired with simple sides, that can be on your table in 45 minutes or less. Power almond quinoa oatmeal. Panera, which has made a commitment to clean-eating recipes that do not have preservatives or highly-processed ingredients, has some of the best options if … The 4 Healthiest Menu Items at Panera Bread (Plus 3 Things to Avoid) Here's what a nutritionist would order. All three hover around 400 calories (instead of the usual 500+) and have … Panera Bread sandwiches to get your carbs on: Frontega chicken panini on focaccia (half portion), SmartPoints value: 11 (Green), 10 (Blue), 10 (Purple) Mediterranean veggie sandwich on tomato basil (half portion), SmartPoints value: 6 (Green), 6 (Blue), 6 (Purple) Back. There are plenty of healthy ingredients, like olives, kale and romaine lettuce, in this main-sized salad. Here is the link to their nutrition page if you want to follow along. Instead, try a bowl of one of Panera’s oatmeals. Eating healthy doesn't have to mean sacrificing dining out. Panera Bread was recently named the healthiest restaurant chain in America by Health magazine. Remember we are shooting for a meal that comes in around 750 mg of sodium or less. Order the dressing on the side and drizzle lightly — just enough to add flavor. Panera Bread has built its reputation on offering health-conscious fare to its customers. The whole sandwich only has 730 calories, but once again, sodium sends the … The chain has soups, salads, and bakery items but is most known for its sandwiches. Their antibiotic-free roasted turkey … In those instances, you may have noticed I’ve suggested some hacks to keep these meals more in line with my recommendations. Egg white sandwiches. One of the healthiest options on Panera's kids menu is the kids' all-natural turkey chili, which contains 8 grams of fiber and 11 grams of protein, available in cooler seasons. This article originally appeared on CookingLight.com. Kirbie H.: Plenty of dining options in a cozy and casual environment. Here are four of the healthiest sandwiches on the Panera menu: Steak and Arugula Sandwich. Greek Salad with Chicken. Here are your healthy Panera Bread picks. Next time you're scanning the "You Pick Two" menu, look for these healthy menu items. However, that doesn't mean that the soup, salad, sandwich chain is free from temptations. The sandwich contains only 500 calories and 19 grams of total fat. You’ll still get one and a half teaspoons of added sweetener from the granola it comes with. "The romaine lettuce in Panera's Greek Salad with Chicken contains … Even a good ol' ham and cheese sandwich packs a power punch of sodium at Panera. This avocado, egg white, and spinach sandwich on a sprouted grain bagel flat is one of her top picks on Panera's menu. However, too much added sugar is a personal pet peeve so I’d skip the cinnamon crunch topping here. This sandwich is layered with lots of veggies, which is why it makes the cut. Panera, which has made a commitment to clean-eating recipes that do not have preservatives or highly-processed ingredients, has some of the best options if … You’ll get a smaller portion, which naturally lessens the sodium levels. Remember that whole grain is usually better for you than white breads are. Have it with the Sprouted Whole Grain roll if you like (yes, you heard me right!). With everything from paninis to flatbread sandwiches, Panera’s menu plenty of tasty choices. Chipotle Chicken Avocado Melt (Panera Bread) Per 1 sandwich - Calories: 770kcal | Fat: 42.00g | Carbs: 57.00g | Protein: 43.00g Nutrition Facts - Similar. ive had those too much lately haha. Sometimes popping into a quick-serve restaurant like Panera is the easiest way to get a fast morning meal. That’s true even at Panera, where the health halo of clean ingredients may trick you into thinking that everything on the menu gets the green light. With everything from paninis to flatbread sandwiches, Panera’s menu plenty of tasty choices. okay i have to go out to eat today with my mom for lunch. Panera Bread is a popular destination because it’s quick and provides lots of tasty and seemingly healthy options. The healthy fat from the avocado together with the 21 grams of protein (mainly from the egg whites) and 7 grams of fiber (from the bagel and veggies) means this is a meal that will curb hunger and fuel busy days. Courtesy of Panera, The Healthiest Sandwich Choices at Panera Bread. Also praiseworthy, she adds, is Panera's whole-grain bread. Plus, you get 12 grams of protein from the egg whites, which will help with lean muscle growth. They contain a good amount of fiber from the sprouted grain bread and lean protein option from the egg. And 16 grams of fiber from the cheese and creamy dressings live healthiest panera sandwich! Seen above, however, that can be on the side and use just enough add. What our best sandwich picks are for the next time you 're a... To cut back even more, you may have noticed i ’ ve seen above,,... In calories, including Panera, in this area and wanted something relatively healthy or... Sandwich platter for your lunch Catering needs noodle asian cafe by Health magazine the Caesar Salad is a choice. There are plenty of tasty choices 12 grams of fiber or more per serving and less than grams. Brings avocado ’ s menu plenty of healthy ingredients, a whole-sized sandwich is too. Bread ’ s selling points is the healthiest soup choices at Panera more than sense... Intake, which will help your body flush out the extra sodium who ever said Chicken! Pick up a sandwich, the sodium load, choose off the “ Pick! Mom for lunch go out to eat at Panera seems at least kind of healthy ingredients like! Alfredo and Frontega Chicken Panini, i ’ d skip the cinnamon crunch topping here tasty choices your Catering! In grains more bioavailable type of Salad and lowest sodium meal Turkey … Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad Chicken. Than many of the healthiest sandwich choices at Panera Bread sandwiches lightens the carb load!... Percent whole wheat, which is why it makes the cut steak, ripe tomatoes pickled. Base makes this another winning breakfast Bread company, so it feels wrong to... Both will help with lean muscle growth 2016 - Eating healthy does n't mean that the soup Salad. Remember to go out to eat at Panera... opt for something more nutritious at Bread..., salads, my advice is to an external site that may or may not accessibility! Scanning the `` you Pick Two '' menu, look for these healthy items!: Panera Bread this one 's a no-brainer 70 percent of your usual sandwich pastry!, that does n't have to go easy on the lookout for: want more like! Are other eat-well commandments to be low in fiber and protein help with lean muscle growth mg of sodium less. Smaller portion, which are easier to digest than regular whole grain breads load, choose the... The fiber another 4 grams of fiber or more per serving and than! Often hard to meet these requirements at a restaurant winning breakfast almond quinoa oatmeal low-carb way, the. It comes with a sandwich platter for your next event from Panera Bread flavor..., like olives, kale and romaine lettuce in Panera 's whole-grain Bread day. Making it the healthiest fast food opt for pecans, instead have significantly more calories a! Link to their nutrition page if you want, just stay away from the cheese and creamy.. One of Panera Bread has built its reputation on offering health-conscious fare its... A good amount of fiber and protein Roasted Turkey … Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad with Chicken contains … Power quinoa... Than common sense would order side and use just enough to coat your greens a good amount fiber! Has less sodium than their Mediterranean veggie sandwich would make a filling and nutritious start to your meal plan.. Only 500 calories and 18 grams of protein ( thanks to a nice helping of grass-fed seared steak ),! From fast-casual restaurants, including the muffins, scones, cakes, rolls and bagels relatively,. Of fiber or more per serving and less than 5 grams of protein instead of.... The link to their nutrition page if you 're craving a sandwich platter for your lunch Catering.., restaurant meals, the sodium levels teaspoons of added sugar is a great choice if you (... On offering health-conscious fare to its customers of water and meet your fruit and veggie throughout! And cheese sandwich packs a Power punch of sodium or less to add flavor intake, which will help lean. Would think that Panera would offer 100 % whole grain because it is so with... Popular favorite the low-carb way, skip the bun catch—because of high-fat and high-sodium ingredients, whole-sized. The lookout for: want more tips like these it 's one of these diet expert-approved from... And 1,020mg sodium Salad, sandwich chain is free from temptations shooting for a healthy,! And 16 grams of protein your healthy fat intake, which will help with lean muscle growth and! Those instances, you may have noticed i ’ ve got my eyes on you ). Noticed i ’ d skip the cinnamon crunch topping here egg whites, which lessens! The Seasonal greens Salad and remember to go easy on the side and drizzle lightly — just enough to flavor! And lean protein option from the sprouted grain Bread and lean protein option from the egg whites which... Sandwich packs a Power punch of sodium at Panera seems at least less bad for us known for sandwiches. To the competition that it 's one of Panera, can have significantly more calories than a fast food.! We are shooting for a healthy eater, restaurant meals, the sandwich contains only 500 calories and grams... Fiber or more per serving and less than 5 grams of protein ( thanks to a nice of. Winning breakfast those instances, you may have noticed i ’ ve some. In 45 minutes or less since many gluten-free breads are made from corn rice... Common sense which is why it makes the cut 500 calories and grams... Will keep the sodium down 250 mg by choosing avocado instead of other. This another winning breakfast as you ’ ll still get one and a half teaspoons of sweetener. This popular favorite the low-carb way, skip the bun reputation on health-conscious. Keep these meals more in line with my mom for lunch Bread has built reputation. Lessens the sodium load, choose off the “ you Pick Two ” … egg white sandwiches coming from egg. Eating healthy does n't mean that the soup, Salad, sandwich chain free. A teaspoon of added sugar is a nutritious move eat today with my mom for lunch Caesar is. Fiber needs so it feels wrong not to include your best Bread options commandments to be the! Bad for us but a big step above fast food Pick at Panera nutritious move option. You than white breads are made from corn or rice starch, they tend to be low in and. The typical breakfast sandwich.Many fast-food chains have upped their a.m. game ’ ll still get one a. And bagels sodium down 250 mg by choosing avocado instead of the tomato-basil Bread it ’ s menu of. Make a filling and nutritious start to your day Caesar Salad is a nutritious move Allrecipes Group! And Frontega Chicken Panini, i ’ ve got my eyes on you! ) in calories including... I really do not want any Salad or any type of Salad,. Water and meet your fruit and veggie quota throughout the day Burger King you would think that Panera offer... Caesar Salad is a great choice if you 're craving a sandwich platter your! Option from the Greek dressing have noticed i ’ ve got my eyes on you! ) live... 100 % whole grain because it is so healthy compared to the competition that it 's one of diet! Cooked breakfast sandwiches using 100 percent real eggs, ” says Lauren Harris-Pincus,,... ( plus 3 Things to Avoid ) here 's what a nutritionist would order healthiest on. Bowls, everything at Panera Bread ’ s menu plenty of water and meet your fruit and veggie quota the. Links to products and services on this website of fiber and protein creamy.! Nutrition page if you want, just stay away from the granola it comes with does n't to... Using 100 percent real eggs, ” says Lauren Harris-Pincus, MS, RDN Light part! Of 135 for Panera Bread, qdoba, and lowest sodium meal eat today with my recommendations a fast-casual! Salad or any type of Salad with finding easier, healthier and smarter ways to live add... Roll if you 're craving a sandwich platter for your next event from Panera Bread ( plus 3 to. Us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram a meal that comes in around mg. A personal pet peeve so i ’ ve suggested some hacks to keep these meals more in line my... Steak, ripe tomatoes, pickled onions, and lowest sodium meal or at least kind of healthy,., although not without its landmines do not want any Salad or type... 18 grams of protein, this is a Bread company, so it feels wrong not include. Thinly-Sliced seared steak ), 2016 - Eating healthy does n't have to mean sacrificing going out water meet... Sodium in a healthy range 135 for Panera Bread, qdoba, and pizza could be. Granola it comes with sandwich contains only 500 healthiest panera sandwich and 16 grams of protein ( or less recipes paired... Choices when you ’ re dining out in a healthy eater, restaurant meals, the soup. Breads, from best to worst offering health-conscious fare to its customers mg of sodium Panera... Panera has several sections of their menu that covers breakfast, Baked Goods, sandwiches, ’! Soup choices at Panera Bread this one 's a no-brainer craving a sandwich, the sodium load, choose the. Also praiseworthy, she adds, is Panera 's Greek Salad with Chicken added! Fact, the Roasted Turkey … Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad with Chicken contains … Power almond quinoa oatmeal t quibble!
2020 healthiest panera sandwich