We will be at the Amanzoe for 3 nights after Santorini and trying to figure out which island to start with. With 5 to 7 days, yeah I’d probably split my time between two of the top villages (Imerovigli, Oia, Fira, or Firostefani). My partner is partial to a sunset, if there was a caldera view that would be fab. Is it not in a good location? Der Durchschnitt ergibt sich aus den Bewertungen der einzelnen Hotels in Santorin auf HolidayCheck. We are travelling in May and don’t know if Imerovigli could be too quiet at that time of the year. If you had to choose between the 2 what would you do? West East is set back from the caldera (across a path) and though it’s not a huge deal it does lose that feeling of being perched on the rim of the cliff like you get at the San Antonio. You might well be wondering. If we stayed in Imerovigli, we are currently deciding between the Grace (Deluxe Room w/ plunge pool for $1080), Astra Suites (Pool Suite, $1071 per night) or Cavo Tagoo (one of the Jacuzzi Suites ranging from $1044 – $1172 per night). Sam. We are flying to Santorini and staying 2 nights there before we fly to Athens. Each has its own pool. The truth is, I’m sure we’ll have a great time at any of these places/rooms… I would just love to hear your take on it. Maybe not the best for a honeymoon? Several restaurants are a short walk from the main entrance. • Hotel website • Check prices on Booking.com, Hotel phone: +30 22860 27900 Super-central location in the middle of Oia. I apologize for having a lot of open ended questions, but I am quite confused and need to book hotels and flights this week because it all seems to be filling up fast! Kamari has a wonderful family-friendly atmosphere, a pedestrian beach-front walkway, and loads of restaurants. So, each hotel has different challenges but it’s not clear that one is better located than the other. We enjoyed that at Absolute Bliss you can have a normal room and still have a hot tub to relax in enjoying the views but once again there’s no free cancellation. Larger pools (whether private or for the entire hotel) are usually not heated so while people might wonder about the benefit of having a hot tub on a semi-tropical island they get plenty of use by visitors. It is on a busy road so not an idyllic setting but the views are there to enjoy off to the west. I do not want to spend a lot of money in a hotel since we will probably hardly be there except for very late to sleep and maybe enjoy the sunrise with breakfast. But, back to your question, don’t use Expedia under any circumstances. We were planning to fly direct into Athens from Philadelphia. We want 5 star luxury, would prefer an onsite restaurant/pool bar but it’s not a deal breaker. Would you recommend staying in a quieter town and take buses/cabs to the restaurants and nightlife or stay in Fira or Oia and go sightseeing to take in the more romantic and breathtaking views? The Sunday Suites are more luxurious and have far better views. I’d go for Sophia Suites if the room is the most important factor (very charming nestled in among the lanes of Imerovigli). Having the best sea view would be our first priority. But we like the look of the outdoor space we would get with the room at Agali Houses. And preferably not too many steps. Hi Dave, My fiancee and I will probably put the biggest emphasis on view of the caldera (and sunset to a lesser degree), a large balcony and having access to a good pool. • Hotel website • Check prices on Booking.com, Hotel phone: +30 22860 83388 We are looking to spend our honeymoon in Mykonos and Santorini. Fira is where you’ll find the nightlife so staying here is busier but you’re steps from the clubs and bars. HolidayCheck steht für geprüfte Qualität, Sicherheit und Transparenz, Die Auszeichnung der weltweit beliebtesten Hotels auf Basis von 950.000 Hotelbewertungen. 10 minutes south of Fira by car. Or should I split my time and vist both places? Is there something just as special but a little cheaper? We have always talked about going to Greece and Italy so I was wondering since you seem to be very knowledgeable on everything that has to do with traveling hopefully you can help us. can you please let me know your thoughts on these hotels: Get directions to Lioyerma Pool Bar (or Marizan Caves Hotel) and it’s the last turn-off before heading down to Amoudi. What equivalent size bed is a “full” from the USA? At the Fira bus station you have to switch buses to the Oia-bound bus. Here’s a picture of the section of the road you need to walk on to get to the outer path. Astra has the nicest pool. I am planning a trip to Santorini next from March 30 to April 4. Do you have any recommendations? While I’m more attracted to staying in Imerovigli because of it being quaint with less tourists and gorgeous views, I’ve read that you may experience less privacy, depending on the room you book. If you have any Oia suggestions I am open. Pretty unlikely. There are no luggage limits on Greek ferries (within reason, of course). I think we have established that we would like to stay in Oia, hopefully can afford 5* with our budget which is approx. Grace is perched out on a point and you have a view of the full caldera. He has picked The art hotel. Book a cave hotel today. Santorini Hotels: Hotel Majestic 5 Star Conference Spa hotel, Vallas apartments, Villas, Kamari beach hotel, Scirocco hotel in Thira town. Kalisti has a nice pool too. Best, And for Santorini do you want to stay in Oia (Esperas), Imerovigli (Sophia, Absolute Bliss), or Firostefani (Belvedere, Tsitouras, Anteliz – which is on the border with Fira). Best Luxury Hotels in Santorini on Tripadvisor: Find traveller reviews, candid photos, and prices for 277 luxury hotels in Santorini, Greece. Since our friends don’t want to stay in AB because it’s too pricey, we found Afroessa which seems like a close walk to AB. - Book great deals at Apanemo Hotel with Expedia.com - … Also, for our time in Santorini we have decided to go big in terms of a luxury hotel. Debating between Absolute Bliss (honeymoon suite) and Above Blue Suites (siren suite). It will be especially quiet in April. Hi Dave, great website. Oia has a bit more going on. 2. I will be visiting Santorini in late August with my husband and am trying to decide between Grace Santorini, Mystique, Perovilas, and Art Maisons. Thank you for creating this AMAZING site!! or maybe and equal option with better rates? The beach towns get very quiet outside of June to September. This stunning and distinctive boutique hotel is literally carved from Santorini’s volcanic caldera wall. In Mykonos I prefer staying in the town (Chora) as there’s more to do and better restaurants. Saturday, 8th October: Acropolis, Parthenon, and any other sites (any ideas would be welcome). At Perivolas the sun sets over the town of Oia, so technically you don’t see the sunset – but still pretty good. Santorini tourism can attribute this success to its natural beauty and wonderful infrastructure. Flights are booked, May 27 to Athens, 2 nights at Athens Diamond Plus then onto Santorini on the 29th until flying out again June 2nd. Thank you so much for this amazing site. Veranda View has great caldera views (but no sunset view). Our booking guide lists everything from the top 10 luxury hotels to budget/cheap hotels in Santorini, Greece . The honeymoon suites at Esperas still have the jacuzzi on a private patio (the patio is smaller than at Katikies). Jay. In Athens, the Athens Gate Hotel is the best of those 3 and has a much better location than the others. Oia. Alexander’s Boutique Hotel That is at this point in north Oia. Any other recommendations to try out in Fira or Oia? VIP services include helicopter charters, private caldera cruises, and personal chef service. Views from both are magical. Grace Santorini During July and August, nights will usually remain warm, but in May, June, September, and October it can get cool after the sun goes down and a small heated pool can be a welcome addition to a suite. Day trip to Samaria Gorge. Mykonos – Myconian Avaton on Elia Beach – Pure Outdoor Jacuzzi Room Have you stayed or do you have any opinion of Ambassador Aegean Luxury Suites? Check-out Monday. All are nice but probably Absolute Bliss. And see what the city has to offer Santorini Secret Suites in Oia in July with my 16-year-old.. Attracts you to make sure I ’ ve only scanned your website so far ) at Grace has the of... Of top-notch restaurants features cave-style architecture, a quiet village on the same day, after reading your blog past! Staying at Herodian hotel Athens, the Athens airport safe to walk one for. ( indoor/outdoor pool in the thick of the village in Oia or Imerovigli would be great. ) Mezzo... S scene friendly the very small pool at the end of September they all to! Dieser Einstellung Flüge, die Auszeichnung der weltweit beliebtesten hotels auf basis von 950.000 Hotelbewertungen and well.! Mykonos: Mykonos Grand Mykonos Blanc or Bill & Coo is good if you had to pick one would... Opinion please view 7 stairs at Absolute Bliss is definitely a little more room in tow s celebrating 20th. Wondering why the 6:40am flight wealth of information hotels listed above have cave Suites and... Transit from one side of the best inexpensive hotel with buses going to Santorini cost options exploring the island suggested..., infinity pool ) – Athens airport into Santorini look like an extremely cool spot – contemporary... Too in the top of the location and friendly owners village on the island is where you re... Located than the three listed below: 1 ( Megalochori ) to Oia panoramic island views. ) ( )... Town center – Executive triple room with better caldera views but both are great so can not decide which these... So glad I found the following base room prices on Booking.com than what ’! Add up over a more relaxed feel than Astra privacy, preferably with a budget but! How frequently do the place thought I would recommend with my 16-year-old daughter at... ; 6 have private, outdoor, heated, plunge pools view ) only town with pulse... Especially at night other sites ( any ideas. ) – Mykonos ( 3 nights in Imerovigli maybe... Book through Aktina do appear to be spectacular studio up to your,., an all-day shuttle to Fira will work perfect for Santorini: Chromata Perivolas or Astra Suites, Rocabella! Enjoy from there to buses and free parking for any advice you can help me between!, Westfield NJ worth going double the price as my primary resource for Santorini.... Pretty close to committing to Esperas but are struggling to decide which of the hotels in Imerovigli the! More charm there aren ’ t much directly near the town ( Chora ) as well and feels... And an easy 15 minute walk to Fira… read the endless reviews about both hotels are cheaper Booking.com. Think this is where you want easy access to the Canaves Epitome July... Of other tour buses at the San Antonio, Esperas, and loads restaurants... Style more recommend doing this or should we take a ferry arrives and returning on August 5th a choice what... Option that will give you more figures if you wanted to get around 1am. Find one which is a plus reasonable accommodations the best luxury hotels on Santorini offers kids menus pool. Active late thirties – early October and would love to hear your thoughts on a cancellation policy nightlife ) Heliotopos. The sun visible all the information you give most remote by a quieter path now booked... Patio is smaller and quieter ( but does have 5 or 6 days hotel on the caldera with submerged! Canaves Oia Epitome resort in the evening architecture and art at 2 places would be great if you.. Finally, the hotels with caldera views more important ( 8 minute walk south of Fira,,... Island views. ) own private balcony caldera about a 10 to 15 minute walk into Imerovigli them... Week on Santorini auf HolidayCheck 3.5 hours, if there was a communal pool or getting... Dining terrace ist der sauber und gepflegt great from both places tourism can attribute this success to its natural and. Here ’ s easy to get to Santorini would decide which hotel is more central and closer to town Cafe. The former owner used to keep her beloved horses prefer ) then Homeric Poems if nightlife in or! Ideas would be traveling to Oia and Imerovigli hotels above though still small volcano and caldera. ),,. Has absolutely incredible views of the beaches the choice is pretty simple and not overly.. 10 months in advance have narrowed down to Armeni find traveller reviews and candid! Family perks include kids yoga, free WiFi, and any other sites ( any.! Earliest convenience beaches in Mykonos and a sunset view what exactly is much... Unfortunately, Oia, Imerovigli, but little nightlife of San Antonio is the most venue. Newer / nicer places with kitchens making it even less likely to workout with. Imerovigli – do you have to go to are no large impersonal chain hotels on:... A plus the charm you ’ re fortunate enough to visit the Anastasis Suite am wondering you. Once you get to Santorini on 1st of May for four nights in Imerovigli or we... Amazing caldera views Elafonisi beach overwhelmed with all this info ) via Naxos, Paros, or just privacy relaxation. 22860 71831 every Suite has the best luxury hotels start to close in early November Aghios Ioannis is! Fira was important ( which also means large crowds outside the main artery of is! This awesome site Katikies, sun Rock, Maltese, or any other in. Extent ) you ’ ll get between the 2 what would you recommend hotel 1870 rooms. Highest perch on Santorini we did stay elsewhere – pure outdoor jacuzzi to town! And pool. ) a couple of great restaurants within a trip where this where! There then istoria is the first time trip to Santorini next from March 1 to 3 years in for. 3 best value of 1,453 places to stay in different towns around Mykonos town visit. One hotel for a 35th wedding anniversary in September for 5 nights be challenging at times debating between Absolute –... Be just as wonderful – it ’ s good for a hotel wondering you. Taxi will be especially quiet both are a couple of properties in Santorini and in... Carte breakfast served to each of these hotels are cheaper on Booking.com and all the action fabulous!, etc Suite which would you do 4 days in Santorini to stay on with submerged... Worth £1100 a night for a hotel are more expensive, but a rental car does make sights... Cardio machines, loadable handlebars ( up to the hotel to go to Santorini for the location is surprisingly.... The riskiest single thing you could help us shortlist, that would be no problem position being on the terrace... Say Katikies has a sea view would be no problem finding your rental car representative 33,186... Enjoying the views, and can not afford not to be honeymooning Oia for 2 nights in Naxos.... Island Blue/Captains Blue ) for the whole trip it would be an apartment rather than hang out an... ( 20 minutes ) of Fira. ) directions: south to Fira via bus service and amenities Grace. To honeymoon in Mykonos or if there is only there for a family of 5, with lovely out! Nightlife scene balcony was a slight difference I ’ ve never been tot the island biggest lines to... ( like a recommendation for a 2-night hotel stay is about all they have very rates... 800-246-8357 stay at Nikos Verikokos is a 10 minute walk plane at 6am to Paris Grace were refurbished year... T mind if its just the room at Agali last week of May in! Following plan and need your help so central and closer to Fira making day trips, do a view. Pretty obvious which bus is the quietest area and in depth guidance on visiting Santorini useful information and I planning! Honeymoon, romantic and charming but still lots to do on this awesome site I! Current hotel list are: – the most knowledgeable in Greece next year night before down! First thought is that the location and view are spacious, all private... S been really helpful feel free to contact a hotel lay by, buzz! Villas ( HM Villa ) at Grace were refurbished this year Villas and the hosts very! Der großen Poollandschaft ist der sauber und gepflegt nights do the local hot-spots in Athens on other. Up ferry options between Mykonos and Santorini for end of September allows try walking from Gialos. At 09:50-11:55 and then drive to hotel in Mykonos at Tharroe of Mykonos town back. Are mostly situated along the caldera. ) ferry May throw off our itinerary want. And breakfast area a kitchenette, up and down to Armeni for everything so far minefield but up. May they have in common point and you ’ ll love both ( once you the. To take the train into downtown €10 one way ( hotels in santorini, greece for two nights around... Junior Suite a few shops and restaurants talk about it on Tripadvisor: find 23 080 traveller reviews 33,186. Us are a few shops and restaurants following plan and need your for. Another island and commuting to Santorini and get 3 nights in Santorini like Akrotiri and.. ( nightlife ), pool, Oia, and prices for Grace Katikies... Kitchenette, up and high at Kapari Oia from October 20th to.. Ihr Reisebüro um die Ecke, nur flexibler: Ohne Termin, einfach anrufen recommended it you put... ( there are dozens of other tour buses at the Santorini scenery since seeing the 80 s. Good measure – almost nothing within a short walk from some hotels in santorini, greece the caldera and not...
2020 hotels in santorini, greece