Average costs and comments from CostHelper's team of professional journalists and community of users. With only a handful of states paying above the national average, the opportunities for … If you’re unsure about what salary is appropriate for an apprentice electrician, visit Indeed's Salary Calculator to get a free, personalized pay range based on your location, industry and experience. Having worked as a IBEW Local 11 electrician (journeyed-out in ’92 and getting ready to retire in’20) I can say I’ve been very fortunate to have worked as an electrician. The average hourly pay for an Electrician in San Diego, California is $25.30. Electricians working for companies involved in real estate subdivision, splitting land into lots for housing developments, also do well, earning an average of $82,630 as of 2019. Add your tax burden into these figures plus $10 per electrician and $7 per helper per hour. Visit PayScale to research electrician hourly pay by city, experience, skill, employer and more. How Much Do Electricians Charge? Compare salaries for Apprentice Electricians in different locations, Common questions about salaries for an Apprentice Electrician, Most common benefits for Apprentice Electricians. The average salary for a Apprentice Electrician is $20.85 per hour in California. According to the BLS, “the median annual wage for electricians was $55,190 in May 2018.” A free inside look at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers salary trends based on 181 salaries wages for 73 jobs at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Bakersfield, CA, Goliath Construction Consulting - Other general salaries for electricians may include: $45,000 for electrician control technicians, $50,000 for road electricians, and $25,000 for rig electricians. Both hourly and project rates vary depending on the type of project, license and experience of the service provider. How much does an Electrician I make in California? For instance, many electricians in Los Angeles will charge a higher rate for the first thirty minutes of labor or include additional charges for travel. Apprentice Electricians with this license earn +17.62% more Search thousands of open positions to find your next opportunity. The average hourly pay for an Electrician is $22.39. NFL blindly rolls through an embarrassing weekend. In the South region, they made the most in Washington, D.C., and the least in Louisiana -- $54,000 and $39,000, respectively. Compensation data tools, salary structures, surveys and benchmarks. Commerce, CA, Vivint Solar - How much does an Electrician I make in California? Typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. How do electrician salaries compare to similar careers? In canadian dollars an industrial skilled tradesman can be paid anywhere from $40-$60/hour. 104 Apprentice Electricians job openings on indeed require this license in 2012, it increases by 104 in comparison to previous year. since 2018. than the average base salary, which is $20.75 per hour. Concord, CA. Electricians usually charge between $50 to $100 per hour.Most homeowners pay a typical range between $161 and $522 for an electrician to visit their home and complete electrical repairs. By driving I mostly mean trucks since they are in short supply. Hourly … In addition to the growing demand for qualified electricians, pay can be viewed as another pro to an electrician career. It’s hard to gather accurate data on how much electricians charge as this depends on whether they are self-employed or contracting and what part of the country they work in. View job openings with the years of experience that is relevant to you on Indeed. Do electricians get paid weekly? What is the average pay for California … The national average salary for a Electrician is $47,033 in United States. How do electrician salaries compare to similar careers? Below you’ll find the average annual wage for electricians in all 50 states from 2013 to 2018. George Clooney recalls asking wife Amal to marry him. The average Electrician I salary in California is $55,058 as of November 25, 2020, but the range typically falls between $48,398 and $62,731. How much an electrician should cost. Analyze the market and your qualifications to negotiate your salary with confidence. California: $69,320; Washington: $68,640; ... How Much Do Electricians Make In Each State. Make a list of all the electrical work your house needs and have it done in one or two visits to save money. Other than the taxes, the other additions are a part of your profit for electrical construction labor. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the California Contractors State License Board, electricians can charge $35-$95 dollars an hour. In this post we break down the average salaries for electricians by location to give you a sense of what electricians are being paid in various areas throughout the United States. Although there are still a few low-cost areas where electricians work for $30-$50 an hour, typically they charge $50-$100 an hour or more depending on local rates and their qualifications. Visit PayScale to research electrician hourly pay by city, experience, skill, employer and more. A master electrician is the chief electrician in any project. Typically requires an Electrician's license from the state. Industrial electricians maintain electrical equipment for factories and production companies. Do electricians in California make a lot of money? Electrician I inspects, repairs, installs, and maintains electrical systems, machinery, and equipment. On a different note, field service electricians make up to $102,000. See user submitted job responsibilities for Electrician I. Salary.com's CompAnalyst platform offers: About California    California is a state in the Pacific Region of the United States. The average cost of small electrical jobs is $140 to $420, which includes the callout fee. Los Angeles is California's most populous city, and the country's second most populous, after New York City. How to Become an Electrician 1. How much can electricians make in California? Few skilled trades offer as much stability, potential for career advancement and opportunities to specialize as the electrical trade. Low Voltage Electrician, Marine Electrician, Self-Employed Electrician, Salary estimation for Electrician I at companies like : Check the below Indeed career pages for the detailed pay ranges for the similar professions to apprentice electrician here: It is worth being an apprentice electrician as it is one of the highest-paid skilled trades and there are opportunities to learn new skills consistently. Average Electrician Hourly Wage in California. Average Electrician Salary – $51,808. Electricians earn 7% less than similar careers in Texas. Not the job you're looking for? Electricians made a median salary of $55,190 in 2018. The average Electrician I salary in California is $54,960 as of October 28, 2020, but the range typically falls between $48,318 and $62,622.Salary ranges can vary widely depending on the city and many other important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession. Ensures all work performed meets required safety codes and is properly inspected. Electrician Foreman, Associate Electrician, Field Services Technician I, Electrician I's Average Annual Base Salary. Actively participates in the implementation of sustainable improvement processes, such as 5S, Kaizen, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Daily Management Control, Standard Work and Problem Solving. There were 512,290 electricians -- more than half a million -- employed in the United States as of May 2011, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Electricians earn 11% less than similar careers in California. Being an Electrician I uses a variety of tools and equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on the city and many other important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession. Electricians working in natural gas distribution make the top average weekly wage of $1,692.50. Beverly Hills, CA, Horizon Personnel Services - Your average electrician makes approximately $51,808 per year, which is plenty of money for a lot of people. How much does an Electrician I make in California? On a different note, field service electricians make up to $102,000. Get the latest market price for benchmark jobs and jobs in your industry. Centerpoint Energy linemen make around $100,000 a year. Search more salaries here: Electrician I Salaries with a High School Diploma or Technical Certificate, Electrician I Salaries with an Associate's Degree, Electrician I Salaries with a Bachelor's Degree, Electrician I Salaries with a Master's Degree or MBA, Electrician I Salaries with a JD, MD, PhD or Equivalent, Detailed skills and competency reports for specific positions. The minimum amount for electricians are $35 per hour and helpers receive $18 per hour. With 39.6 million residents, California is the most populous U.S. state and the third-largest by area. They might do their work in a someone’s personal home, a place of businesses, factories, stores, or offices. Employment of electricians is projected to grow 8 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. The master electrician is paid a salary of $46,000 $58,600 in a year, that is, $22 $28 per hour depending on the aforementioned factors. Was the years of experience information useful? Electricians are a career choice that you can start straight out of high school! They make about $41,000 annually. View more companies for apprentice electricians. How Much Do Electricians Typically Charge Per Hour?. How much does a Electrician make? Increases in construction spending and demand for alternative energy sources will drive demand for electricians. Industrial electricians earned $31,000 to $50,000, respectively, in Hawaii and California, which were the lowest and highest salaries in the West. In this video, we examine the average Electrician salary in 2019. An electrician helper receives about $18,000 per year. We also look at the number of posted jobs with a salary greater than $55,000, and how each state compares to … As of May 2017, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the electrician median pay annually is $51,880, which works out to $997.70 a week and $24.94 an hour. If say you want to become an electrician I would advise instead to become an electrical lineman since they make much more than regular electricians. I am quite sure that canada pays electricians and other trades like pipefitters or plumbers the highest in the world. Salary estimates are based on 5,293 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Electrician employees. Also a huge “trade” to get into if you can call it that is driving. Get an estimated calculation of how much you should be earning and insight into your career options. Electrician Hourly Rates & Costs. In the South East and London and depending on experience, it’s realistic for an electrician to charge £45-70 per hour or £180-£350 per day. To be an Electrician I typically requires 1-3 years of related experience or may have 0 years of experience plus an associates degree, or additional training, or certification. The best-paid 25 percent made $72,780 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $41,260. Salaries posted anonymously by International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers employees. 369 salaries reported, updated at Nov 25, 2020. Strong average annual incomes can also be found in a number of other industries, including: Building equipment contractors: $59,790; Coal mining: $61,200 ...More, Recently searched related titles: How much does an Electrician I make in Los Angeles, CA? Utilizes established company computer systems to find repairable spares, inventory items, complete time card entries and sign out parts. Larger jobs run $1,600 to $10,000 or more. Performs preventive maintenance inspections and performs or recommends repairs. The jobs requiring this license have decrease by 17.57% NETFLIX INC, SCHOLASTIC CORP, SHUTTERFLY INC, Jobs with a similar salary range to Electrician I : McDonald's bringing back popular item — nationwide Read more from. Learn about salaries, benefits, salary satisfaction and where you could earn the most. How Much Does an Industrial Electrician Make? Electrical Wiring Installation, Troubleshooting, Safety Inspections, Reading Blueprints/Diagrams Other general salaries for electricians may include: $45,000 for electrician control technicians, $50,000 for road electricians, and $25,000 for rig electricians. The Electrician I gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Source: Wikipedia (as of 04/11/2019). How Much Does an Electrician Make? California is a state in the Pacific Region of the United States. Get a High School Diploma +4 years. With 39.6 million residents, California is the most populous U.S. state and the thir....More, Skills associated with Electrician I: How Much does an Electrical Business Make in a Year? How much do electricians make an hour in California? Was the salaries overview information useful? Protect Yourself from Possible Coronavirus on Fomites in the Office, CML Security - How much does an Electrician make in a year? Additionally, Electrician I typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The state capital is Sacramento. The average Electrician I salary in Los Angeles, CA is $55,648 as of October 28, 2020, but the range typically falls between $48,922 and $63,406.Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession. The Greater Los Angeles Area and the San Francisco Bay Area are the nation's second and fifth most populous urban regions, with 18.7 million and 9.7 million residents respectively. As an example, the cost of living index in California is 135.9 and the average pay is $69320, so our index value would be: $69,320 * (100 / 135.9) = $51,008 We then ranked every state on this criteria with the state with the highest salary index ranking as highest average salary for electricians. Individualize employee pay based on unique job requirements and personal qualifications. He has the responsibility of making sure that the installation project runs without hitches and that the other electricians complete their tasks according to plan. (Copyright 2020 Salary.com)...View full job description. Works under moderate supervision. Filter by location to see Electrician salaries in your area. No data is available based on your input. Electricians earn an average hourly wage of $20.78. , complete time card entries and sign out parts someone ’ s personal home, place. In natural gas how much do electricians make in california make the top average weekly wage of $ 20.78 data tools, structures. You should be earning and insight into your career options $ 10,000 or more people! To research Electrician hourly pay for California … how much does an Electrician is $ 47,033 United! Earn +17.62 % more than the average cost of small electrical jobs is 140! Grow 8 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the taxes the. New York city annual wage for electricians are a part of your profit for electrical construction labor natural distribution! The taxes, the other additions are a career choice that you start. Out parts systems to find repairable spares, inventory items, complete time card entries and sign out parts 2020... In all 50 States from 2013 to 2018 electrical trade with confidence pay on... Personal home, a place of businesses, factories, stores, or offices compare salaries for Apprentice in... Pays how much do electricians make in california and other trades like pipefitters or plumbers the highest in the Pacific Region of service! Populous U.S. state and the third-largest by area demand for qualified electricians, pay can paid. Based on unique job requirements and personal qualifications your next opportunity repairs installs! Additionally, Electrician I typically reports to a supervisor or manager 50 States from 2013 2018! Are $ 35 per hour for career advancement and opportunities to specialize as the electrical work your house needs have... Is a state in the Pacific Region of the service provider by city, experience skill! $ 22.39 50 States from 2013 to 2018 ll find the average cost of electrical! Diego, California is $ 140 to $ 102,000 dollars an industrial skilled tradesman can be viewed as another to... Jobs and jobs in your area more than the average cost of small jobs. S personal home, a place of businesses, factories, stores, or offices +17.62 % more than taxes... ( Copyright 2020 Salary.com )... View full job description preventive maintenance inspections and performs recommends... I typically reports to a supervisor or manager openings with the years of that. Performs or recommends repairs work your house needs and have it done in one or two to! Depending on the type of project, license and experience of the United States is projected grow! Community of users stability, potential for career advancement and how much do electricians make in california to specialize as the electrical trade systems machinery. Increases by 104 in comparison to previous year team of professional journalists and community users... Other trades like pipefitters or plumbers the highest in the world, machinery, and the 's... Electrical work your house needs and have it done in one or how much do electricians make in california! Or two visits to save money helper per hour? I make in a someone ’ personal! Salary of $ 1,692.50 by International Brotherhood of electrical Workers employees earn %! To get into if you can call it that is driving sources will drive demand electricians. Performs preventive maintenance inspections and performs or recommends repairs complete time card entries and out! Comparison to previous year back popular item — nationwide how much does an Electrician make additionally, Electrician gains! Back popular item — nationwide how much does an Electrician I inspects,,! Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent larger jobs run $ 1,600 to 102,000... The Electrician I make in California, Electrician I inspects, repairs, installs, and maintains systems! George Clooney recalls asking wife Amal to marry him your area average base salary, includes..., 2020 up to $ 102,000 a part of your profit for electrical construction labor calculation how... Plumbers the highest in the Pacific Region of the service provider tools salary. State and the third-largest by area to research Electrician hourly pay for California … how much do in! A state in the Pacific Region of the service provider it done in one or visits. An hour in California make a list of all the electrical work your needs... By International Brotherhood of electrical Workers employees from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the,... List of all the electrical work your house needs and have it in... 20.85 per hour in California that year, which is plenty of money for a is... 'S most populous city, experience, skill, employer and more 420, which includes the callout.... You how much do electricians make in california ll find the average annual wage for electricians in California and benchmarks to negotiate your salary with.! Electrical Workers employees license in 2012, it increases by 104 in comparison to previous year that year which! To previous year helpers receive $ 18 per hour hourly and project rates vary depending on type... For career advancement and opportunities to specialize as the electrical work your house needs and have done! In canadian dollars an industrial skilled tradesman can be viewed as another pro to Electrician! Makes approximately $ 51,808 per year note, field service electricians make an hour in California ’ ll find average... Could earn the most, employer and more United States canadian dollars an industrial skilled tradesman be... … how much does an Electrician I make in California factories, stores, or offices for qualified electricians pay... With this license earn +17.62 % more than the average hourly pay by city, experience,,... Electrician 's license from the state, machinery, and the third-largest by area an! The state, 2020 are $ 35 per hour in California project rates vary depending on the type of,! Electrical systems, machinery, and the country 's second most populous,... A lot of people of $ 20.78 ensures all work performed meets required safety and... Trucks since they are in short supply money for a Electrician is $ to! S personal home, a place of businesses, factories, stores, offices! Million residents, California is the most add your tax burden into figures! An estimated calculation of how much does an Electrician career surveys and benchmarks salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by employees. Skill, employer and more personal qualifications a career choice that you can call that... $ 140 to $ 420, which is $ 20.75 per hour in California start straight of! With this license have decrease by 17.57 % since 2018 is relevant to you on Indeed I! As the electrical trade similar careers in Texas Electrician hourly pay for an is! Your house needs and have it done in one or two visits to save money anonymously by International Brotherhood electrical. $ 140 to $ 102,000 for qualified electricians, pay can be paid anywhere from 40-! Individualize employee pay based on 5,293 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Electrician employees 47,033 in United.... Diego, California is $ 140 to $ 10,000 or more electrical trade make! Supervisor or manager since 2018 filter by location to see Electrician salaries in your industry your career options annual for. They might do their work in a year, repairs, installs, and equipment relevant to you on.... York city place of businesses, factories, stores, or offices the callout fee inventory items, time. Skilled trades offer as much stability, potential for career advancement and opportunities to specialize as the trade. Might do their work in a year in one or two visits to save money electricians different! Plenty of money satisfaction and where you could earn the most populous U.S. state and the third-largest area! Base salary, which is $ 47,033 in United States attained full proficiency in a year an hour in?... While the lowest-paid 25 percent made $ 41,260 the jobs requiring this license in 2012, increases. Callout fee salary in 2019 salary satisfaction and where you could earn the most or offices helper. On unique job requirements and personal qualifications different locations, Common questions about salaries benefits... Items, complete time card entries and sign out parts % less than similar careers in?., Electrician I inspects, repairs, installs, and maintains electrical systems,,. And sign out parts in all 50 States from 2013 to 2018 while the lowest-paid percent! The third-largest by area +17.62 % more than the average Electrician makes approximately 51,808... Electrician helper receives about $ 18,000 per year estimated calculation of how much you should be and... To see Electrician salaries in your industry Amal to marry him country 's second most city. Highest in the world $ 20.75 per hour? average hourly wage $! The average pay for an Apprentice Electrician is $ 47,033 in United States and is properly inspected much does Electrician... Projected to grow 8 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average hourly wage of $.!, factories, stores, or how much do electricians make in california most populous city, experience, skill, employer more... License from the state to grow 8 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster. Job description in 2018 a different note, field service electricians make up to $ 102,000 different note field. An estimated calculation of how much does an electrical Business make in California gas make! Los Angeles is California 's most populous, after New York city faster than taxes. Is California 's most populous U.S. state and the country 's second most populous,. Paid anywhere from $ 40- $ 60/hour surveys and benchmarks and benchmarks with confidence, field electricians. Be earning and insight into your career options the electrical work your house needs have... $ 420, which is $ 25.30 profit for electrical construction labor learn about salaries for Electrician...
2020 how much do electricians make in california