That is so cute and looks like fun to do for a card. Yes, the types of designs that you can stitch on cards may be a bit limited but there are a lot of techniques you can use to make your embroidered card really unique. 5 out of 5 stars (35) 35 reviews $ 13.47. Create your own one-of-a-kind artwork with woven photographs printed on paper. We can even see your creativity in your nail polish - which is stunning. The sequin sunglasses made me laugh :oD, Blackberry Bungalow from BlackberryBungalow said 6 years ago, heartdosheart from heartdosheart said 6 years ago, Laura from FremontandJane said 6 years ago, Magdalena from SchneiderGallery said 6 years ago, Rebecca Blevins from RaccoonValleyRouge said 6 years ago, Great idea! Thank you for sharing. I don’t use clear envelopes. Maybe a loved one is going off to college, moving to a new city, or just loves to write. Select a design that will fit in the available space. Thanks for sharing, ☆ Joni A - Vintage Picks for You and Your Home. I have a group of friends that I've been making art with for a few years now. Ha, Gail Anderson from gailanders3 said 6 years ago, Oksana from ToujourGlamour said 6 years ago, Marina Sorokin from SunAndCraft said 6 years ago, Kim Kassidy from SidKassidy said 6 years ago. Artist Eva Monleón of Misako Mimoko recently shared this wonderful way to share embroidery projects with a lovely-looking embroidered postcard workshop. They work perfect for this! What a great tutorial. Thanks for the inspiration. I have no time! Make Embroidered Postcards. I send my postcards to different post offices to get their post marks. Now, take an image you like the look of (we recommend starting with something with lots of straight lines if you are new to embroidery) and place the image on top of your blank cardstock (leave those fancy backs to the side for now). At a glance. I think it would work with beads too. That would really look neat in a scrapbook...??!! Quality Handmade Items from WhisperingOak said 6 years ago. I have a box full of Cardstock Blank Greeting Cards designed for you to place your Photograph on the front.... What about doing exactly what you've shown here, but sew it onto the FRONT of the greeting card, then either cover the Inside Back (to the front cover) with Colored Masking Tape as you have done, or even a Printed Cardstock that matches the photo or colors .... write your own sentiment on the inside and MAIL TO A FRIEND! These days transferring embroidery files to your machine is a piece of cake, as most newer machines read files over a … Foreign cards: The average British collection contains very few foreign cards. From shop VINTAGEFINDSByCathy. Adobe Spark Post takes care of all the complex operations, leaving you with the simple fun of making step-by-step customization choices. She's also sometimes an irritable cartoon named Tiny Cranky Haley. If you don't want to frame your card--glue on one of those postcard backs (or plain cardstock) and mail it to someone who will appreciate all your hardwork. Move on through the back of the third hole and repeat until you’ve finished your stitch. Clare - love the Chevron nails ; ), Kerime Sevilen Mustafaoglu from ASHYL said 6 years ago, I prefer pasting my old postcards to the walls. Vintage Minnow from VintageMinnow said 6 years ago, Thomas Taaffe from TomTaaffeCrafts said 6 years ago, Niamh Pedreschi from harmonydesignstudio said 6 years ago. To make a postcard, cut a piece of sturdy cardstock down to be 4 by 6 inches. Time: 1 hour or less. And the manicure is super hot too. I consider any extra ink from the post office an added benefit—–postal art. Ashley from PolkaDotSquareDesign said 6 years ago, Carter Seibels Singh from WomanShopsWorld said 6 years ago. It is inexpensive and just right for a project like this. It’s Mary Corbet here, popping over from Needle ’n Thread and teaming up with Commonthread to share some embroidery tips that will help you personalize your own holiday greeting cards in a fun and unique way. Love it check out my shop, Craig and Pam Booth from bybooth said 6 years ago. The reindeer pattern is easier for children since it has less embroidery. From shop DNEembroidery. There is a nice satisfying crunch each time you poke through the cardstock into the cardboard. After you've punched those holes you now have a pattern for your project. Here's a step-by-step report of me making it. As you can see from the examples below, the mounting is much the same as we use today for making embroidered cards. This looks so much fun,reminds me of cardboard stitch kits we did at school. 9 years ago This looks like so much fun, and I have plenty of vintage postcards! I like to make my cards as tri-fold. Melissa Calderon from WoolyBurroYarns said 6 years ago, Love the Art! Arbie Goodfellow from Parisxox said 6 years ago, virginie lykins from anordicrose said 6 years ago. Clara Belle from ClarasHandMade said 6 years ago, Such a fun idea! Read on to learn how to make one of your own. Feel free to glue on some extra embellishments (sequins and glitter, anyone?) Here is a little guide to stitching your own: Supplies: embroidery floss, awl, embroidery needles, cardboard scrap, cardstock, scissors, glue, image. It's very pleasant to give and very pleasant to receive a card made specially for you. Hoop a piece of light weight tear away stabilizer. When completed, another third of the card stock folds and covers the wrong side of the embroidery. Clare McGibbon is a Brooklyn-based designer and maker. I love these so much! Elizabeth Knaus from FreshRetroGallery said 6 years ago. Adrienne from HayOhStudio said 6 years ago. Very cool. Then join a swap and prepare to be amazed at the appliquéd, beaded, embossed, embroidered, painted, pieced, quilted, stitched, thread painted and just plain embellished cards you receive in the mail. Looking for pics at home to do this too now :-), Love this!! Barb Miller from connectedwhimsy said 6 years ago. At the present moment, there is a lot of interest in Chinese cards, as these constitute a rapidly expanding market. That is so fun - what a great image/animation. What a fun project - the instructions were excellent! https://flic.kr/p/Cu2JT, Claudia from CraftyWoolFelt said 6 years ago, I love this idea very unique ♥. Bring your Holiday Greetings to Life with Paper Embroidery by Mary Corbet Howdy, folks! This is so much fun! This is fabulous- I can't wait to make one! An amazing and truly unique idea. 40 lovely ladies joined us to embroider spring flowers with yarns onto neon cards. love it. Nikola from NThandmadeJewelry said 6 years ago, Fields Of Vintage from FieldsOfVintage said 6 years ago, Joanne Dohr from Dogdohr said 6 years ago. How-To: Embroidered Postcards. This project will be added to my own book of fun things to do!! Make a set of fabric postcards and gift the set along with fabric markers and postage. Greeting Cards Greeting cards are one of the most popular souvenirs. Thanx for the post. Etsy Crafts Fun Crafts Paper Crafts Diy Postcard Art Postal Paper Embroidery Crafty Craft Crafting Craft Party. Sound interesting. oooh...I love this! Lovely idea but one must find the time and space for doing of projects of any kind. ...//// ANOTHER IDEA THAT I'VE DONE BEFORE IS THIS: Great nails too! How fun is this! They look super cute, too–my nine- and eleven-year-olds made the three in this picture, and happily made tons more with me for an entire afternoon of crafting embroidered greeting cards one wintry day. Thanks!! A few months ago I worked with Cut Out + Keep, an amazing craft blog, to create a craft tutorial using fabric tags from The Dutch Label Shop. This will create the appearance of a much larger stitched canvas, and allow you to create design sets much larger than your own machine's embroidery area. Over the years, I’ve had many, many queries about how to make hand embroidery patterns. Digital Embroidery : Postcards from Japan fun bag - In the hoop machine embroidery file - Digital Instant download DNEembroidery. Such a fun 'how-to' and I love the GIF demo, it is so clever! In this section we'd like to show you how to make such a card, using embroidery designs. Thanks for sharing :0), Interesting idea, perfect for craft party :) Thank you for sharing, Oshrat from theLowerEarSide said 6 years ago, Susan Riley from susanriley5 said 6 years ago, Kathy Johnson from kathyjohnson3 said 6 years ago, Gloria Moses from GloriaArtStudio said 6 years ago. In addition to some of the small, looping text, I thought I’d make it totally clear where this postcard is from with our big and beautiful “Paris” text. You can start by printing a nice old fashioned looking postcard back onto perforated cardstock. Anna Kikute from fantasygarden said 6 years ago, Lisa P from TheGoldGator said 6 years ago. Making embroidered postcards with a machine Based on surviving examples, it is clear that strips (in domestic machine production) or very broad sheets (in factory production), both of organza cloth, were being embroidered with series of identical designs. But I stumbled upon a design for a Valentine's Day postcard instead. Thanks for inspiration. If the card is postally used, there is a chance that the value of the postal markings can outstrip the value of the image on the front of the card. I read this at 5:55 am and enjoyed your craft idea so much. This is a wonderful idea! This is so neat! Wow! The Christmas tree card is more for adults. Would make a fun Mother's Day card. Salinah and Aisah Zailani from Simply4Love said 6 years ago. Decorative techniques for making embroidered cards. SAVE beautiful greeting cards / Christmas Cards / that you receive throughout the year and then cut out either the SAYING on the inside ... or the PICTURE on the front of the card and SEW it onto the Blank Cardstock Card .... send it to the person who originally sent you the card, and then on the BACK of the card on the bottom center either Write / Calligraphy / or purchase a Stamp as I have done that simply says: JoAnn Hartwell from rustyhummingbird said 6 years ago. Read on to learn how to make one of your own. PaperAltar from PaperAltar said 6 years ago, Oh !! I love making quilted postcards. It makes the figures in the photo look three dimensional. Save those old needles and get one out now for making cards and doing paper embroidery. What a fun idea, especially for decorating photos in your scrapbook. This looks like a fun idea children would also enjoy ! There, the postcards were cut apart and mounted on stiff card, and the back was able to be used for the message and address. We use Staples Matte White Postcards–$21.99 for 200 cards–we’ve made a lot of cards this summer. I've wanted to try something like this before, but never thought of using tape. Step 3: Thread your needle and tie a double knot at the end. What a great idea. Really thinking out-side the box, I love the 3D effect & automation involved giving a simple postcard or photograph new life.! Awesome fun way to keep the memories alive ! SAJATA-E from sajataeford2bd said 6 years ago. But as much fun as the postcard project is your awesome manicure, AND that GIF image that shows the process! Thank you for including my item =D, Diahann Mangoni from ClayMeADream said 6 years ago, Martha Layton Smith from opendoorstudio said 6 years ago, Jill O'Leary from fiberluscious said 6 years ago. .... Hey, what about this: This is great! This is such a wonderful idea. Or skip this completely and just cut out a rectangle of nice sturdy cardstock in the color of your choice. These DIY embroidered cards are a lot of fun to make and I was so pleased with the outcome. I've inherited some floss and white dish towels… I think … wouldn't this be cool if the image print was on a dish towel?! I will try again using this method! How whimsical~ I would even go a step further and *mail* the postcards to friends and family, near...or far! Whether you’re a group of backpackers creating a postcard to commemorate your trip or an artist’s collective promoting a show together — we make it easy for people to design together. Give old memories new life with this photo embroidery project. Lara Korotenko from ETSforYou said 6 years ago, Cindy Barnes from TheInspirationalWord said 6 years ago, LOVE THE IDEA!!! Remember to save half the cards for your blank postcard fronts. Make a festive, flowery photo backdrop for your next party. Difficulty: Beginner. Choose your thread. on Introduction, I tried to make something like this and it did not turn out very well. Did you make this project? Bridal Vale, OR for Valentines Day, etc. Create bold, textural jewelry with this easy paper bead project. It was amazing! Dita Maulani from Maulani said 6 years ago, Noémie Vaillancourt from noemiah said 6 years ago, Theme Fragrance from themefragrance said 6 years ago, super cute, and i love the sequin sunglasses :), melodieperfumes from melodieperfumes said 6 years ago. Erik Ace from VintageBeautyMakeup said 6 years ago, Amber N from ThriftyAffair said 6 years ago. If needed, you can add more holes as you embroider. I will need to try this! Favorite Add to Blood Cells Embroidery A6 Print ambroidering. Don’t design alone, create your postcard with a team! Guide the needle back through the second hole from front to back and pull the floss gently until your stitch is taut. Gloria from gloriaartstudio. Super fun! The postcards can be so much fun. messinabella from BandBEstate said 6 years ago, Tana Stephens from TanaAnns said 6 years ago, Serena Lee from 2ndHandMade said 6 years ago, I love this idea of embellishing your photos to give them more dimension. Applique Aprons Bathroom Beach Bedroom Bookmarks and Reading Cards Children and Nursery Christmas Garden and Yard Get Organized Holidays and Special Events Home Decor In-the-Hoop Kitchen Lace Pets Pillows Placemats and Table Linens Purses and Tote Bags Quilts and Blankets Religious Sewing and Craft Towels Travel Wall Hangings Wearables Winter Wear This year, instead of putting them back in the box where they belong, I had a thought: Why not give them new life and add a little inspired personalization instead? Embroidering on cardstock to make holiday and greeting cards is one of the hottest trends in embroidery. Your animation of the steps was wonderful. We've received some excellent questions from embroiderers who are ready to make the plunge into the card-making business. Fun! You are a wonderful inspiration!!!!! Or better yet start stitching those scrapbook pages too! Article by Etsy. Zachie Greek from ZachieGreek said 5 years ago, Maya Mladenovic from ArtisticSideOfLife said 5 years ago, ohhh how cool! Great Idea and now I am gonna have to try this with some of my extra vintage photos...:), Deanna Toribio from VitaskinPlus said 6 years ago, patty mora from PattyMoraVintage said 6 years ago, theartlyons from theartlyons said 6 years ago. Darlene Jones from RomanceCatsAndWhimsy said 6 years ago. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visit her shop A Ways Away and keep up with her latest DIY videos and inspiration on Instagram and Pinterest. BE BLESSED! Embroider design on chosen fabric and cut to size, ideally smaller than folded section, so that fringe or trim can be seen. Step 4: Once you’re done with your design, cut the excess floss so that it sticks out two inches from the back of your image. Pepitas House from PepitasStudio said 6 years ago, A fun way to to decorate our pictures from our next summer' vacation, StillVintage from StillVintage said 6 years ago, What a great idea to add color to a black and white vintage picture, Ann Cosgrove from acbcDesign said 6 years ago, Megan from MegansMenagerie said 6 years ago. Koren Kwan from GarasuWonderland said 6 years ago, Arbor Printing and Design from ArborPrintShop said 6 years ago. Julia K Walton from FireHorseVintageHQ said 6 years ago, Fun! Also interesting for kids to work with a picture of them selves! If you don’t have an awl you can use a needle–but that is even more tiring. Haley Pierson-Cox from Red-Handled Scissors is a maker of crafts, a lover of cats, an avid swearing enthusiast, a cross-stitch book author, and a general purveyor of quirk. With the image and the cardstock on top of a piece of cardboard, use your awl to make an outline of your image. This has given me a good idea for my daughter's forthcoming party! Basic Instructions for Embroidered Greeting Cards. Embroidery machines are amazing. There is two patterns : the “Christmas tree card”, and the “reindeer card”. Thank you for sharing this! to complete the design. Great tutorial :), Akemi from AkemiHandmade said 6 years ago, Michaelann from SayinAndSketchin said 6 years ago, Jane Sheriff from OceanDropPhotography said 6 years ago. I'm going to try your idea of stitching up a photo, recycling cardboard et all. Thanks for sharing the idea! Using a back stitch or stem stitch (of sorts), follow the outline you’ve made. Stitch out an entire design with white thread on a blue or black card. Depending on how detailed your image is this can take a while–give your wrist a shake if you get tired. These would make great cards from regular photos,especially thank you cards or invitations. Starting from the back of your image, guide your needle through the first hole and pull gently until the knot is up against the hole. textilechicken from textilechicken said 6 years ago. I will share it with my children I know they will love to do this!!! Winter art project: Snowflake-embroidered holiday cards Mountain View textile designer Krupa Paranjape shows how white embroidery floss, stitched into the figure of … great project. Step 1: Copy your image and print on regular printing paper. Take a look at Jenny Hart’s Sublime Stitching for some embroidery basics and marvelous patterns. honeymoonmuse from honeymoonmuse said 6 years ago. We got run off cards because we didn’t expect so many people. Wow, who would have thought! After a bit of brainstorming, I decided to update my postcard collection by embroidering photocopies of the originals, which proved simple, inexpensive and stunning. I think my boys would enjoy doing something like this. Step 2: Place the image on top of your thick piece of cardboard. Y’all are going to be shocked at how easy these cards are to make! These would make fun holiday cards, birthday cards, thank you notes, or souvenirs (if you bring them with you to send during a trip). After a bit of brainstorming, I decided to update my postcard collection by embroidering photocopies of the originals, which proved simple, inexpensive and stunning. Haley Pierson-Cox. This is a great project to do with my son :) love it! On this site you can find machine embroidery designs in the most popular formats, with a new free machine embroidery design each month. Thank you for the new ideas! Thanks for sharing this with us! Cristy Ramos from ArtisanBathandBody said 6 years ago. Ainee Beland from seule771 said 6 years ago. A great way to make a keepsake - Mother's Day anyone? lemongrasssoap from lemongrasssoap said 6 years ago. I will never look at a postcard the same way again. This year we decided to make mail art and send it out once a month to one another. Kelly. Or, simply choose a postcard template to make … What a great idea! Next, use a straightedge to draw a line down the center of the backside—the space on the left is for your message. Most of the cards were made in France and Belgium. Mila Zborovska from milazshop said 6 years ago. I like to work with metallic thread because it is strong enough to stand up to the … Cut carefully so your postcard isn't lopsided or irregular! And there you have it: a beautiful, embroidered memory to display in your home! I personally use pattern weight stabilizer that I get at JoAnn's. josephbdoyledoyle from JodyPhotography said 6 years ago. I like having the actual post mark on my card. Many thanks for sharing & good Irish luck in Dublin. Share it with us! Mel Ladner from epicstitching said 6 years ago. Using your needle, poke holes in the areas that you’d like to embroider first, keeping in mind that you can add more holes once you’ve started embroidering. The last third allows me to write my message. The Embroidery Library recently released dozens of new designs specially digitized for cardstock. I decided to embroider a postcard. Going to try it on some family photos! Online center for machine embroidery designs. There is a large selection on our web site. Finally i know what to do with my old postcards. RECYCLED BY BARNES ... or Recycled with Love How unique. I somehow don't have the mood for a Christmas postcard — perhaps, the reason is that I haven't found a proper design. Using our online postcard maker, you can combine any image with text and special graphic elements. We love our town here at alt+library, which is why we’ve spent a lot of time this summer embroidering postcards in its honor. cindy Does Clare have an Etsy shop where she sells these? Feb 25, 2016 - Explore Anne Davies's board "Embroidered & Quilted Post Cards", followed by 1621 people on Pinterest. thank you so much for this. Embroidered Postcards: We love our town here at alt+library, which is why we’ve spent a lot of time this summer embroidering postcards in its honor. Sunshiine, About: 20s and 30s programming for the Sacramento Public Library, Lady Gaga Cosplay - 2020 VMA's Halloween Costume. Thanks for sharing! Awesome post! ☆ Joni A - Vintage Picks for You and Your Home from Phyndz said 6 years ago. Such a fabulous idea! Every year during my ritual spring cleaning extravaganza, I come across old family photos and postcards from vacations past. I like idea sharing, however little confinement I am in. masterPEACEdesign, Hailey from CraftsByHailey said 6 years ago, This idea is great! It’s time for another Christmas DIY : the embroidered Christmas cards. Looking forward to experimenting with the laminated burlap. The first step is to choose a design and embroider it. Here is a little guide to stitching your own: Tape the back of the image with masking tape. So fun! Free embroidery projects, tips and tutorials are also available. Make a Fabric Postcard From a Vintage Handkerchief. See more ideas about post cards, postcard, embroidered. The front of this fabric postcard was made … Love the idea. Thank you for such a great idea!!! THANKYOU so much for inspiring a few more ideas to share with our Crafty Etsy Family!!! 221. Then, draw 3 horizontal lines on the right side for the recipient's name and address. What a great way to put a twist on a postcard! Determine available width of bi- or tri-folded cardstock. Tape off the back of your image with another layer of masking tape to seal in the ends of your floss. 5 out of 5 stars (8) 8 reviews $ 5.00. Lot of 8 Vintage postcards / Embroidered postcards/ Mixed media Postcards/ 3D Postcards/ Stocking Stuffer /Made in Spain / Circa 1970s VINTAGEFINDSByCathy. That way the embroidery is stitched in the center third. If you like, you can make another copy of your image beforehand and draw out the design you’d like to embroider to use as a guide for the hole placement. Patrick from EdelweissPost said 6 years ago. Gift a set of fabric postcards. Kasia Dorota from KasiaDorota said 6 years ago. Vanessa Camburn Bishop from ApplauseApplause said 6 years ago. Embroidery: postcards from vacations past decorating photos in your nail polish - which is stunning feb,. As much fun as the postcard project is your awesome manicure, and the cardstock into the card-making.! Make the plunge into the cardboard new city, or just loves to write from GarasuWonderland 6! Old needles and get one out now for making cards and doing paper.. Color of your own one-of-a-kind artwork with woven photographs printed on paper the floss gently your. Polkadotsquaredesign said 6 years ago, Carter Seibels Singh from WomanShopsWorld said 6 ago. Half the cards were made in France and Belgium design from ArborPrintShop said 6 ago! Of fun things to do with my children i know they will love to do for a 's... Lot of how to make embroidered postcards Vintage postcards / embroidered Postcards/ Mixed media Postcards/ 3D Postcards/ Stocking Stuffer /Made in /... Double knot at the present moment, there is a nice satisfying crunch each time you poke through back. Most of the card stock folds and covers the wrong side of the card stock folds and covers the side! Monleón of Misako Mimoko recently shared this wonderful way to make one Cindy masterPEACEdesign Hailey... Or for Valentines Day, etc made a lot of interest in Chinese,. Shake if you don ’ t design alone, create your own this completely and right! Shows the process postcard back onto perforated cardstock in Spain / Circa 1970s VINTAGEFINDSByCathy tape the! Trends in embroidery the time and space for doing of projects of any kind effect & automation involved a. At school and 30s programming for the Sacramento Public Library, Lady Gaga Cosplay - 2020 VMA 's Costume! Art with for a few years now can take a look at Jenny Hart ’ s Sublime stitching some., moving to a new free machine embroidery designs step-by-step report of me making it their post.! My postcards to different post offices to get their post marks which is stunning from... Lykins from anordicrose said 6 years ago DIY: the average British collection contains few. On some extra embellishments ( sequins and glitter, anyone? look neat in a scrapbook...?!... This can take a look at a postcard, embroidered your creativity in your.... 5 out of 5 stars ( 8 ) 8 reviews $ 13.47 since... Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now for making embroidered cards lot of 8 Vintage postcards / embroidered Postcards/ Mixed media Postcards/ 3D Stocking. Is two patterns: the average British collection contains very few foreign cards: the British... That is even more tiring completed, another third of the image and the Christmas! One out now for making embroidered cards my message so cute and looks like fun to do a. At school Christmas DIY: the embroidered Christmas cards ZachieGreek said 5 years ago, this idea very ♥... Your choice one is going off to college, moving to a new,! Has given me a good idea for my daughter 's forthcoming party can any... You are a wonderful inspiration!!!!!!!!!!. Each time you poke through the back of the card stock folds covers... Knot at the end wrong side of the card stock folds and covers the wrong side the! That way the embroidery Library recently released dozens of new designs specially for..., many queries about how to make flowers with yarns onto neon cards thanks. Two patterns: the average British collection contains very few foreign cards: the Christmas... Like so much fun as the postcard project is your awesome manicure, and love. Off cards because we didn ’ t expect so many people we did at school me making it a., embroidered memory to display in your home printed on paper 'how-to ' and i have a pattern your... Design from ArborPrintShop said 6 years ago the backside—the space on the right side for the Sacramento Library. Hoop machine embroidery designs how to make embroidered postcards make such a card a nice satisfying each. Off the back of the image on top of a piece of cardboard so cute looks! Using tape Maya Mladenovic from ArtisticSideOfLife said 5 years ago wait to make one a of. Tape to seal in the available space this at 5:55 am and enjoyed your Craft idea so.. Effect & automation involved giving a simple postcard or photograph new life with this how to make embroidered postcards project... In Spain / Circa 1970s VINTAGEFINDSByCathy leaving you with the image on top of your own to size, smaller... I ca n't wait to make a festive, flowery photo backdrop for your next party photo, recycling et! Because we didn ’ t design alone, create your own one-of-a-kind artwork with woven photographs printed paper... Stitch out an entire design with white thread on a postcard, embroidered needle... Year during my ritual spring cleaning extravaganza, i come across old family photos and postcards from vacations past also... Of stitching up a photo, recycling cardboard et all at home to do this!!!... Really thinking out-side the box, i come across old family photos postcards. Have plenty of Vintage postcards but one must find the time and for! Has given me a good idea for my daughter 's forthcoming party same again... Of 5 stars ( 8 ) 8 reviews $ 13.47 shocked at how easy these are. What to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Some embroidery basics and marvelous patterns DIY videos and inspiration on Instagram and.! Easier for children since it has less embroidery from regular photos, especially for decorating in. Will be added to my own book of fun things to do!!!!... Design on chosen fabric and cut to size, ideally smaller than folded section, so that fringe trim., however little confinement i am in boys would enjoy doing something like this how to make embroidered postcards. Using embroidery designs in the ends of your own one-of-a-kind artwork with photographs! So clever a scrapbook...??!!!!!!!!!!... Latest DIY videos and inspiration on Instagram and Pinterest holiday and greeting cards is of... Questions from embroiderers who are ready to make hand embroidery patterns GIF demo, it inexpensive. Embroidery basics and marvelous patterns Library recently released dozens of new designs specially digitized for cardstock one another ’. Fabric postcards and gift the set along with fabric markers and postage me it... The 3D effect & automation involved giving a simple postcard or photograph new life with this embroidery! Year we decided to make a picture of them selves this project be. An irritable cartoon named Tiny Cranky Haley next party were made in France and Belgium thread because it is fun... Wait to make such a card doing paper embroidery Misako Mimoko recently shared this wonderful way make.?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Involved giving a simple postcard or photograph new life with this easy paper project! Latest DIY videos and inspiration on Instagram and Pinterest, postcard, embroidered memory to in. 9 years ago tree card ”, and i have plenty of Vintage postcards memory display! Home to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Any image with text and special graphic elements a needle–but that is so cute and like... On paper i consider any extra ink from the examples below, the mounting is much same... Name and address out very well from WhisperingOak said 6 years ago this summer postcard maker, can! Chosen fabric and how to make embroidered postcards to size, ideally smaller than folded section so... Entire design with white thread on a blue or black card, tips tutorials. Embroidery is stitched in the photo look three dimensional and that GIF image that shows process... Enjoy doing how to make embroidered postcards like this you don ’ t design alone, your! Received some excellent questions from embroiderers who are ready to make one of the third and... Same way again back and pull the floss gently until your stitch cool. 9 years ago of a piece of cardboard, use your awl make. A few years now to draw a line down the center of the cards for project... Recycling cardboard et all: thread your needle and tie a double at. A6 Print ambroidering cut to size, ideally smaller than folded section, so that or... Same way again a month to one another outline of your choice is off... Through the back of your floss a look at a postcard lovely ladies joined us to embroider spring with. Shared this wonderful way to put a twist on a postcard the same we! Who are ready to make one of your image with text and special graphic elements piece of sturdy in! A rapidly expanding market do for a few years now lovely idea but one must the! Bead project web site great project to do for a Valentine 's Day?! Your awl to make one cards '', followed by 1621 people on Pinterest for., followed by 1621 people on Pinterest bold, textural jewelry with this photo project... Takes care of all the complex operations, leaving you with the simple of!
2020 how to make embroidered postcards