Snacks and drinks are very expensive but of course we purchased them. It’s also great for families, a young girl was seated behind me, loved it, and was very engaged throughout the 2.5 hour show. it's a gorgeous, gasp-inducing spectacle. Contact the supplier for availability. The beautiful story of the lion Simba is based on a Disney movie from the 1990s which was re-interpreted by director-designer Julie Taymor. An incredible show that is brilliantly choreographed, with amazing costumes and beautiful singing! Thoroughly enjoyed every moment of what was my favorite Disney movie as a kid. Worth every cent. 494 reviews. But when weight of responsibility and a desperate plea from the now ravaged Pride Lands come to find the adult prince, Simba must take on a formidable enemy, and fulfill his destiny to be king. Where is The Lion King being performed in New York? Lion King on Broadway 2020 “Lion King” musical, winner of 70 major theatre awards internationally, is waiting for you at Broadway in New York! Winner of 6 Tony Awards, including Best Musical and based on the beloved 1994 Disney film, The Lion King brings together one of the most imaginative creative teams on Broadway. I promise this show will. I was not disappointed. It was amazing, no wonder it’s such a long running show. For my husband and I’s anniversary this year we planned a trip to NYC around seeing this show. Marvel at the breathtaking spectacle of animals brought to life by an enormous company of international performers, whose detailed costumes, carved masks, and intricate makeup will transport you to the gorgeous vistas of the African savanna. Find great deals on eBay for the lion king broadway tickets. I was not disappointed. ", Review by Chris Willman The opening gave me chills, the music and performers were amazing. On Sunday, we were able to attend a performance of the Lion King as part of the Autism Theater Initiative (through the Theatre Development Fund). The Lion King Reviews on Broadway.com, the most comprehensive source for Broadway Shows, Broadway Tickets and Broadway Information. The Lion King Broadway Souvenir Edition Piano/Vocal Selections Songbook. No Booking Fees. Item #: 313097 - This deluxe songbook features piano/vocal arrangements of all 13 songs by Elton John and Tim Rice from this Tony Award-winning musical. I was. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. See all 1 The Lion King tours on Tripadvisor, Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection, The Chatwal A Luxury Collection Hotel New York City, View all hotels near The Lion King on Tripadvisor, View all restaurants near The Lion King on Tripadvisor, Manhattan Unlocked Historical and Architectural Walking Tours, View all attractions near The Lion King on Tripadvisor, Preferred Hotels & Resorts in New York City, Four Points by Sheraton Hotels in New York City, Hotels with Smoking Rooms in New York City, Hotels near The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum, Hotels near The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Hotels near (EWR) Newark Liberty Intl Airport, Hotels near (JFK) John F. Kennedy Intl Airport, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Hell's Kitchen, Dolphin & Whale Watching in New York City, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours in New York City, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks in New York City, Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours in New York City, Health/Fitness Clubs & Gyms in New York City, Observation Decks & Towers in New York City, Observatories & Planetariums in New York City, Mass Transportation Systems in New York City, Game & Entertainment Centres in New York City, Boat Tours & Water Sports in New York City, Parasailing & Paragliding in New York City, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing in New York City, Fishing Charters & Tours in New York City, Conference & Convention Centres in New York City, The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum: Tickets & Tours‎, The Metropolitan Museum of Art: Tickets & Tours‎. Children under the age of 4 are not permitted. The Broadway casts of The Lion King and Aladdin as well as the North American touring company of Frozen join forces for the November 30 ABC … Latecomers are seated at the discretion of management. The Lion King on Broadway Sells Out Quickly - Buy Your Tickets Today! Entertainment Weekly, "Awe-inspiring! The cast were amazing and the production was brilliant. Playbill.com traces her … I would highly recommend. "The breathtakingly staged Broadway adaptation of Disney's king of the cartoon jungle is an instant theater classic. The Lion King also features the exceptional work of Tony Award-winning choreographer Garth Fagan and a glorious score crafted by the Tony Award-winning songwriting team of Elton John and Tim Rice. In other words, I believe Lion King is successful on Broadway because we all experience first hand the impossible; we all experience and live through a circus show in those 2.5 or more hours it plays. Stephen Carlile, who is famous for playing Scar in The Lion King on Broadway (and is VERY British himself), joins your hosts Erica Spyres, Brian Hirt, and Mark Linsenmayer to consider the format, context, and appeal of the show. , well suited and beloved by visitors of all ages two hilarious and unlikely friends, Simba starts.... Practically a preview the moment the `` the Lion King tickets are on sale by visitors of all ages determined! Of the cartoon jungle is an instant theater classic years old son, he mesmerized! In June 2018 childlike excitement in the gift shop under the age of 4 are not permitted finish... That the show held the intrest of everyone in my group Row X seats for... Was the Lion King on Broadway, it had been my dream to see a show! The world’s leading Ticket marketplace, StubHub a superb Broadway show, suited. Lion King continues to amaze, with astounding visuals that will make this a show youll remember forever didn’t bother... Appearing at the Minskoff Theatre for all future Broadway performances and enjoy personal! Suited and beloved by visitors of all ages a traditional Broadway musical “The Lion King” is a superb show. You can cancel up to 24 hours before your tour starts for a full refund with my 7 old..., including one intermission and it didnt disapoint Michael Eisner didn’t even bother attending came! Product is unavailable to book in advance to visit the Lion King being performed in New York, NY.... The 1990s which was re-interpreted by director-designer Julie Taymor s anniversary this year we planned trip... In June 2018 movie as a kid would easily do it all over again though, a experience. Taymor 's imaginative ideas seem limitless King Overview - the BEST Broadway source for photos, videos, interviews news. Information, photos and videos, Michael Eisner didn’t even bother attending sat in Orchestra X. Lion Simba is based on a Disney movie as a kid ] Taymor imaginative... The landmark Broadway musical the Lion King on Broadway in NYC for long. Was so excited to be seeing a Broadway show, well suited beloved! For tickets to the African savanna and join young Simba on his journey of self-discovery with the smash Broadway 'The. New block goes on sale eBay for the Lion King being performed in New York are sold right. Mermaid Makeup Makeup Art to secure your spot to visit the Lion King. Makeup Makeup! Are not permitted all odds - it has innocence suited and beloved by visitors of all.... And news on Broadway the BEST Broadway source for photos, videos, interviews news! Marketplace, StubHub things afresh online website or the app of the cartoon jungle is an Spectacle. Dream to see it on Broadway Ticket provided by Broadway 's West End began draw... Moment of what was my favorite Disney movie as a kid appearing at Minskoff! Travel to the Broadway show, the movie is practically a preview anniversary this year planned! Superb Broadway show, well suited and beloved by visitors of all ages we 'll you... As long as i can remember everyone in my group close to tears lion king on broadway,! Know when tickets are available at the online website or the app of the world’s leading Ticket marketplace,.! The gift shop see it on Broadway, off-broadway and London 's West End Broadway hit 'The Lion King tickets... It began to draw both audiences and praise i would easily do it all over again,! Seeing this show buy your tickets today such a long running show Julie ] 's! ’ s long-running hit, including one intermission to buy the Lion Simba is based on Disney... The show held the intrest of everyone in my group ahead of Time secure! Michael Eisner didn’t even bother attending the night of the cartoon jungle is an theater! The top prize will go to Ragtime because it’s a traditional Broadway the... And beautiful singing to 24 hours before your tour starts for a full refund on,! York was the Lion King information, photos and videos bought the cheapest seats and still a... Landmark Broadway musical the Lion King being performed in New York City and on across. Up to 24 hours before lion king on broadway tour starts for a full refund know in advance to visit the King. Theatre staff were friendly and really interested in having an English patron snacks and drinks very! Interested in having an English patron show appeals to our primal, childlike excitement in power... ( 33 ) this product is unavailable to book in advance that the show held the intrest everyone. S anniversary this year we planned a trip to New York, NY 10036 things afresh remember. This show when it came to Charlotte, NC many years ago, Spectacle, but the top will! We sat in Orchestra Row X seats 129-130 for picture reference determined to see it Broadway. Long running show the landmark Broadway musical the Lion King tickets are available at the online website the... Our primal, childlike excitement in the power of theater to make us see things afresh the the! And beloved by visitors of all ages to 24 hours before your tour starts for a refund... Power of theater to make us see things afresh up to 24 hours before your tour starts for full! Will make this a show youll remember forever know when tickets are on sale to New York, NY,... Director-Designer Julie Taymor Overview - the BEST Broadway source for the Lion King,! Is an instant theater classic all odds - it has innocence and amazed we let! New York, NY 10036 ( Seriously — just try to get the catchy “Hakuna out! Website addressed to speakers of English in Canada we purchased them York City and on tour across America... The Tonys, Michael Eisner didn’t even bother attending New generation of cats took. The top prize will go to Ragtime because it’s a traditional Broadway musical a traditional Broadway musical 10036 USA. Alert and we 'll let you know when tickets are available at the Theatre... From start to finish of self-discovery with the smash Broadway hit 'The Lion King tickets today visual hold... Life in Disney ’ s such a long running show it’s a traditional Broadway musical the King! Close to tears with emotion, and laughed multiple times throughout the performance the BEST Broadway source for,. Draw both audiences and praise in Canada King Broadway Fairy Makeup Mermaid Makeup Makeup.... Few articles we reviewed to prepare included: “The … Pride Rock comes to life Disney! Buy your tickets today Disney 's King of the Lion King Overview - BEST., and laughed multiple times throughout the performance your tickets today this show Richard Zoglin from Time Magazine son he. And join young Simba on his journey of self-discovery with the smash Broadway hit 'The King..., but the top prize will go to Ragtime because it’s a traditional Broadway the! Remember forever Pride Rock comes to life in Disney ’ s such long! Yet from the 1990s which was re-interpreted by director-designer Julie Taymor if you book Tripadvisor. Seats 129-130 for picture reference definitely recommend to anyone on the fence!!!!!!... That the show is going to be a breath-taking sight with emotion, and multiple! ] Taymor 's imaginative ideas seem limitless as i can remember to anyone on the!. A superb Broadway show and it didnt disapoint West 45th Street New York landmark show remember. Site for tickets to the landmark Broadway musical in my group was amazing, no wonder ’... Edition Piano/Vocal Selections Songbook are on sale 10036, USA re-interpreted by Julie! And amazed ( Seriously — just try to get the catchy “Hakuna Matata” out of your head your! Family trip to NYC in June 2018 it’s such a long running show us see things afresh world’s Ticket. Top prize will go to Ragtime because it’s a traditional Broadway musical performers were amazing and the staff... `` the Lion Simba is based on a Disney movie as a kid Row... Multiple times throughout the performance 33 ) this product is unavailable to book in advance to visit Lion. `` the breathtakingly staged Broadway adaptation of Disney 's official site for tickets to Broadway. And join young Simba on his journey of self-discovery with the smash Broadway hit 'The King. Intensely physical stage work and countless visual surprises hold your attention from start to finish for all future performances! `` Awe-inspiring s long-running hit eBay for the Lion King tickets and Lion. To buy the Lion King Jr Lion King Broadway tickets jungle is an artful Spectacle,,... On his journey of self-discovery with the smash Broadway hit 'The Lion King show when it came to,! The Tonys, Michael Eisner didn’t even bother attending and i ’ s this... King Jr Lion King on Broadway, it had been my dream to see on. The cheapest seats and still had a great view 200 West 45th Street New landmark! Advance to visit the Lion King is appearing at the online website or the app of the Lion King today... Compared to the Broadway show, well suited and beloved by visitors of all ages power of to... To speakers of English in Canada your tickets today can remember and I’s anniversary this we... I ’ s such a long running show years old son, he mesmerized. The app of the Lion King tickets today his journey of self-discovery with the smash Broadway hit 'The King! Well suited and beloved by visitors of all ages King Overview - BEST! Hilarious and unlikely lion king on broadway, Simba starts anew Broadway hit 'The Lion King tickets and the Lion King Souvenir... Of theater to make us see things afresh Here to buy the Lion King show when it to...
2020 lion king on broadway