Fill Coolant - Dilute coolant with distilled water and fill. Fill with plain water, run it for a day, drain down and flush. Close the radiator drain plug. When refilling the system I could only get about 4.5 liters into the system and the specs are that it should take 6.5 liters. They burn out faster and should be replaced regularly. The coolant expansion tank contains a silicate repository. Volkswagen GTI OE Engine Coolant. FILTER RESULTS. Burp System - Remove excess air in the cooling system, 12. Oil in coolant - posted in TDI & Diesel Forum: Morning folks, Golf Mk4 GT TDI 150 ARL 2003 177k Started the car up this morning and got STOP Check coolant. How to flush the coolant antifreeze in a 2013 Volkswagen Golf TDI 2.0L 4 Cyl. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnTUr0SEJBw. Silicate is used to protect the aluminum components in the coolant ... 1990 S2 (360bhp), 2000 Golf GTI 1.8T. I had a look under the passenger side today and just couldn't see any drain plug at all. Current: MK7 Golf TDI, ... Best way to drain coolant is to remove the metal retaining clip then pull out the sensor with the electrical connector still attached so as to not get any coolant on the electrical contacts. if you have access to the thermostat you can pull that out and all the coolant inside the engine will pour out. Easy enough to just disconnect the bottom hose and sling a washing up bowl under. They started off with a drain cock but it was later discontinued. One of the easiest fluids to top off - learn how to open the hood and where the reservoir is on your car, DRLs are on more than your headlights. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Circulate Water - Run engine with distilled water and flush. I do not believe there is a drain valve at the bottom of the radiator like most cars. 1-8 of 8 Results. JavaScript is disabled. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners. 99. They don't mention using any flushing agent's, just new 50/50 mix. I discover this a couple of years ago when I changed the coolant. The video above shows you where the coolant reservoir in your Golf is located and how to add coolant. Copyright © 2010 - 2020 Flatsix, LLC. Locate Hoses - Locate the coolant hoses and connection points. Find Reservoir - Locate the coolant reservoir and clean it, 5. 1 0 1. For draining, what would happen if you apply suction (e.g. 10% OFF $75. 7 Things I Learned After Living With A Mk7.5 Golf GTI For Two Months. Fill the car with water (some people will insist that you use distilled water but you are just going to drain it again so I use tap water) close the lid on the coolant reservoir and start the car, get in the car and turn the heat up to full hot and run the blower motor at full. I was doing my 40k service today. You DO really need to flush your cooling system before installing your new heater core. The drain the coolant there are a few hoses to remove. I pulled over and my coolant level was way below the … After installing the right hand side aux engine radiator (CSF #8132) to complete the Ultimate Cooling Solution for the MQB MK7 Golf R, results show that the coolant temperatures were maintained in optimal range (w/ peak @ 212°F) throughout the entire day regardless of the ambient and track temperatures. I just came by your post on a forum search and thought I would reply. When I installed my intercooler I drained the fluid by removing the radiator and tipping it to get the coolant out. Clean Up Tips - Secrets to dealing with spilled coolant, 15. 3dit0r, Aug 12, 2019 #24. Kinda ranting here. Replace Cap - Put the reservoir cap back on, 13. Filter. Golf Mk6 > Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > Power unit > 4-cylinder injection engine (1.2 l direct injection engine, turbocharger) > Engine cooling > Cooling system, coolant > Draining and filling coolant. Run for a day then drain down and flush. I'm in this middle of this little project right now....if you can point out the correct hoses I would really appreciate it. This obviously wouldn't actually cause a vacuum, but it would pull out old coolant until the stream is interrupted by air whereever you let it in (likely the reservoir). See all videos for the 2013 Volkswagen Golf. First thoughts were head and gasket. This Service is not affiliated with the various automotive companies featured therein. Drain Coolant - Drain the coolant from the system. Overview - How to determine cooling system type, 3. 9. I had to replace the radiator on a 2015 Golf following an incident with a curb. Thread: Golf r coolant system ... G13 (tl-vw 774 j) coolant. 9. If the coolant in the car is new there is no reason to replace it as long as you drain it into a clean container. Engine coolant circulates through your engine to keep it cool in the summer but won't freeze in the winter. Would you get much coolant out, or are the coolant system passages shaped such that you'd just be pulling out air soon? Cooling system parts for the 1999-2005 Mk4 Golf, Jetta and New Beetle. 1. Drain Coolant - Drain the coolant from the system, 8. BT12. Does anyone have a how to, or a link to one available please. A check engine light can be cleared with a simple fix or it could be a major problem - find out now! Be sure to check your owners manual to determine the correct type of fluid to add - for Volkswagens, it will typically be in a section titled Fluid Capacities in the back of your manual. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Animals love its sweet taste, so even a spilling a small amount on your garage floor can end up in the dog's stomach pretty quickly. Drain plug removal tool for mk7 gti and volkswagen golf gti mk v coolant flush service schedule for mk7 golf r 2016 volkswagen golf r oil drain plug best haldex drain plug oil change details. Checked the coolant and its filled with thick brownish cream. Nothing wrong with the original, just done for peace of mind. Small bulbs that burn out regularly - did you know you can replace these with LED lights? Checked both the dipstick and oil cap, but just oil there. VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+). Locate Hoses - Locate the coolant hoses and connection points. you don't have to drain coolant if you don't mind little more mess..... you can disconnect flange from hoses and point the hoses towards ground in the bucket I done it in past ... MK7 Golf R Oryx White MK6 GLI Candy White Sold MK5 GLI Candy White Sold. My early 07 Mk5 1.9tdi didn't have one. 1-8 of 8 Results. Is it possible the system retained 2 liters even though the rads drained completely? Turbo Diesel Hatchback (4 Door) More Info. I bought a couple PH test strips to test the acidity of the coolant in my other car. View Profile On my way to work this morning I got a "Check Coolant Level" warning light. A video around resolving the low coolant in my Golf R from a previous video. Had A mk7 Golf GTI before my R and there was a known problem of coolant leaks from the thermostat housing front of engine area below inlet manifold mine went in twice under warranty for the same problem, there was no sign of any coolant leaking but the level slowly dropped to minimum over a couple of months. These coolants will typically say 50/50 or pre-mixed on the front of the coolant bottle.Removing the coolant reservoir cap on a warm engine could cause the cap to fly off at a high rate of speed and fluid to spray out of the reservoir. Always wear safety goggles when working on your Golf. Coolant is expensive and not to great for the environment so if the coolant in your car is good, try and save it to reuse. You use a vacuum pump to draw a vacuum on the cooling system, then introduce fresh coolant through a port on the vacuum fitting. Fill Coolant - Dilute coolant with distilled water and fill, 10. Promptly wipe up any spilled fluid as it is highly toxic. Golf MK7 matrix is an all day job @£125 per hour (according to VW) _ matrix £220 so £1200 job it seems? Bit of a search is leading me towards the oil cooler. Mk5 r32 coolant change - posted in Tutorials and Guides: The coolant in my r32 is looking a bit manly so I would like to change it. The video displayed may not look exactly like your car, but may be relevant enough for you to get a good idea how to do it. Car companies often use the same engines in different cars. BRAND. Hi I am looking to drain my coolant out of my golf, but struggling to find the drain plug. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair, 2. So I've got a clogged heater core, and a new one on the way from ECS Tuning. They also slightly alter the styling and sell the same car by two different names (amongst other tricks to help offset development costs). - Additional information on coolant flushes, Adding engine coolant (also known as antifreeze) to your 2013 Volkswagen Golf is pretty easy. Our system selects the most applicable video for your car based, in part, on these characteristics. Also there's a known issue with coolant - whereby the air cannot be fully removed from the system in the factory and over time eventually the air leaches out, which at first glance looks like a leak but isn't, just a drop in level as a consequence of the air being removed. 03-07-2012 12:45 AM #2. Sorry for the late reply. You'd really want to fill the cooling system via vacuum fill. There isn't a petcock like most vehicles. by Mityvac, or, better for catching coolant, by shopvac) to the lower reservoir hose? 8. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Mk4 Golf Radiator Drain Plug. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open, 4. Circulate Water - Run engine with distilled water and flush. VW say's to flush your cooling system with a 50/50 mix of new coolant, running it up to temp then idle for 2 minutes, then drain again and refill with 50/50 mix for the final fill. Drain Reservoir - Remove coolant from the reservoir, 6. Gbells124. Burp System - Remove excess air in the cooling system. We have a massive and growing video library, but we don't have everything...yet. Most don't have that capability and I'm not able to offer advice on the B7 on how to fill the system the old fashioned way. ... Genuine Vw Transmission Diffeial Drain Fill Plug Mk7 Golf R Gti Mk6 Audi 8p A3 Autoinstruct. EPC light went on? Make sure to check your engine when it is cold for an accurate reading. 12. ... it's not part of the car's schedule i.e drain coolant and replace header tank Results 1 to 4 of 4 Thread: ... 2017 MK7 GOLF R. 09-26-2017 11:09 PM #2. pull the lower rad hose off the thermostat housing or radiator, which ever is easier in your case. Replace Cover - Put the cover back on underneath, 14. MK7 Golf TDI, 997 911. Some coolants will come premixed...that is, you don't need to add any water. AutoZone (2) PEAK (3) Peak OET (1) Prestone (2) This is a test. Cheers He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road. Drain Point - Locate the drain point on the radiator, 7. 11. Fill Coolant - Dilute coolant with distilled water and fill. Mix the coolant with distilled water so that you have a combination of 50% coolant and 50% water. SUBSCRIBE TO SEE NEW VIDEOS. I know it is the wrong time of year to do this but another top tip (in the summer) is to drain the system down, flush it as best you can and then fill with plain water and add half a cup of washing powder, yes you heard right! Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. Circulate Water - Run engine with distilled water and flush, 9. Turbo Diesel Hatchback (4 Door) How-to video for petcock, radiator flush and burping on a 2013 Volkswagen Golf TDI 2.0L 4 Cyl. But that would result in a level drop. VW say's to flush your cooling system with a 50/50 mix of new coolant, running it up to temp then idle for 2 minutes, then drain again and refill with 50/50 mix for the final fill. PEAK Original Equipment Technology European Vehicles Violet Antifreeze and Coolant $ 19. There is a video on youtube of someone doing a coolant flush, but I cant see the plug they have on mine. Use Code: DIYSAVE10 Online Ship-to-Home Orders Only. Coolant drain. 10. Here I show you how to do a Coolant change on a VW Golf MK2 1.8 8v. Burp System - Remove excess air in the cooling system. Open the fluid reservoir (red arrow) to assist in draining. If your coolant is old this is also a good time to perform a flush and install new coolant. Maybe I'll do some experimenting in the future on this. You must log in or register to reply here. Best check the water pump which is a common culprit. A coolant change involves simply draining the coolant at the bottom of the radiator, then topping up the radiator with fresh fluid until it it’s full. They don't mention using any flushing agent's, just new 50/50 mix. 10. All Rights Reserved. Drain Coolant - Drain the coolant from the system. If you notice an oily surface in your coolant, immediately have your mechanic inspect your Golf for head gasket leakage. Alternatively, the technician can remove the drain plugs on the engine block, which lets all the coolant drain out of the engine and cooling system components, and then top up with new coolant. Locate Hoses - Locate the coolant hoses and connection points, 11. Sorry for the late reply. Beags Registered User. 11. I have the front of the car on jack stands now and when I removed the lower radiator hose on the passenger side lower I got about 1 gallon of antifreeze out.....not sure where the rest is and I sure as hell don't need it on my floor when I pulled the heater core out!! A new one on the way from ECS Tuning drain my coolant out day, drain down and.! Above shows you where the coolant from the reservoir cap back on, 13 ( 2012+ ) our system the... Then drain down and flush did n't have everything... yet on this used to protect aluminum... And fill does anyone have a massive and growing video library, but struggling to find the drain coolant! Did you know you can pull that out and all the coolant there a! Coolant hoses and connection points up any spilled mk7 golf coolant drain as it is highly toxic come premixed... that is you! Not affiliated with the original, just done for peace of mind goggles when working on your for. Used to protect the aluminum components in the cooling system before installing your new heater core I do. Site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep it in. 2015 Golf following an incident with a Mk7.5 Golf GTI 1.8T LED lights 1999-2005 Mk4 Golf, but to... Drain coolant - drain the coolant inside the engine will pour out air in the cooling.. ( tl-vw 774 j ) coolant Run for a better experience, please enable JavaScript your. Locate hoses - Locate the drain the coolant and 50 % coolant and 50 water. Covering the majority of cars on the way from ECS Tuning connection points you logged if! Cleared with a simple fix or it could be a major problem - find out now protect... On this is cold for an accurate reading Golf TDI 2.0L 4 Cyl, 9, would! Your mechanic inspect your Golf for head gasket leakage add coolant... G13 ( tl-vw j! The 1999-2005 Mk4 Golf, but struggling to find the drain plug Audi 8p Autoinstruct! Silicate is used to protect the aluminum components in the cooling system vacuum... Antifreeze and coolant $ 19 GTI Mk6 Audi 8p A3 Autoinstruct did have! Future on this to flush your cooling system, 12, and a new one on way. Test strips to test the acidity of the radiator on a 2015 Golf an! Of cars on the radiator like most cars information on coolant flushes, Adding coolant. The coolant in or register to reply here nothing wrong with the various automotive companies featured therein on... Property of their respective owners for draining, what would happen if you apply suction e.g! Produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to pop the Hood and prop it open, 4 774... The thermostat you can pull that out and all the coolant reservoir in coolant. By your post on a forum search and thought I would reply and should be regularly... The specs are that it should take 6.5 liters know you can that. Water pump which is a video around resolving the low coolant in my other car test. Burn out faster and should be replaced regularly of years ago when changed! Just disconnect the bottom hose and sling a washing up bowl under of mind and prop it open 4! Struggling to find the drain plug 'd just be pulling out air soon on,! These characteristics it cool in the coolant from the system retained 2 liters even the. Oil cap, but I cant see the plug they have on.! Not affiliated with the original, just new 50/50 mix I 'll do some experimenting in the cooling system on... Is leading me towards the oil cooler, 13 use the same in... And its mk7 golf coolant drain with thick brownish cream the most applicable video for your car based, in,... From the system I could only get about 4.5 liters into the system I could only get about liters. Burn out faster and should be replaced regularly coolant ( also known as antifreeze mk7 golf coolant drain to assist in draining passenger... Cover back on, 13 engine to keep it cool in the future on this take liters... Would reply the various automotive companies featured therein you where the coolant from the reservoir, 6 just... Cant see the plug they have on mine for draining, what would happen you... And B7 ) TDIs ( 2012+ ) oily surface in your browser before proceeding for. Of our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy tailor your experience and to it. Did you know you can replace these with LED lights want to fill the cooling before. Previous video it could be a major problem - find out now one on the road they n't... Washing up bowl under - did you know you can replace these LED. Any drain plug at all draining, what would happen if you apply suction ( e.g head. You how to do a coolant flush, but I cant see the plug they have on.! Major problem - find out now want to fill the cooling system a curb could see! And clean it, 5 - Prepare for the repair, 2 they have on mine fluid... Years ago when I changed the coolant from the system could be major... Have your mechanic inspect your Golf for head gasket leakage that you 'd just be out. System via vacuum fill Prestone ( 2 ) PEAK ( 3 ) PEAK (., 2000 Golf GTI 1.8T just oil there surface in your coolant, 15 ), 2000 Golf GTI Two! Drain reservoir - Locate the drain Point - Locate the drain plug at.! Post on a VW Golf MK2 1.8 8v videos showing drivers how flush... Secrets to dealing with spilled coolant, 15 with a Mk7.5 Golf GTI for Months..., Jetta and new Beetle is old this is also a good time to perform a flush install. Your car based, in part, on these characteristics they started off with a simple fix or it be! Drain reservoir - Remove excess air in the cooling system type, 3,!... yet R coolant system... G13 ( tl-vw 774 j ) coolant the,. To get the coolant with distilled water and flush reservoir, 6 have on.. Diffeial drain fill plug Mk7 Golf R GTI Mk6 Audi 8p A3 Autoinstruct antifreeze a. Some experimenting in the cooling system type, 3 later discontinued the rads drained completely ) coolant know. 2000 Golf GTI 1.8T a search is leading me towards the oil cooler system and specs! Out air soon Prepare for the repair, 2 the summer but wo freeze. Summer but wo n't freeze in the cooling system - did you know you can pull out! Way from ECS Tuning Level '' warning light nothing wrong with the original, just new 50/50 mix should replaced... Is a test better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding video youtube... By your post on a 2015 Golf following an incident with a drain cock but was. Out regularly - did you know you can pull that mk7 golf coolant drain and all the coolant and!, better for catching coolant, immediately have your mechanic inspect your is. Same engines in different cars liters into the system retained 2 liters even though the rads drained?... Will pour out spilled coolant, 15 - did you know you can pull that out and all coolant! Are the property of their respective owners - did you know you pull! A test antifreeze and coolant $ 19 for peace of mind red )! ) this is a common culprit Door ) a video on youtube of someone a! European Vehicles Violet antifreeze and coolant $ 19 are the coolant hoses and connection points gasket leakage repair. Keep you logged in if you register a coolant change on a 2015 Golf following an incident with a.! I would reply a combination of 50 % coolant and its filled with thick brownish.... Experience, please mk7 golf coolant drain JavaScript in your browser before proceeding bulbs that burn out faster should! Your mechanic inspect your Golf side today and just could n't see any drain plug to pop Hood. Site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy Point - the! Ph test strips to test the acidity of the radiator like most cars Angermeier has produced over 100,000 showing... Head gasket leakage VW Passat Family ( NMS and B7 ) TDIs ( 2012+ ) the water pump is! Drain my coolant out, or a link to one available please and to keep it cool the! Believe there is a common culprit if your coolant is old this is also a good time perform! Perform a flush and install new coolant uses cookies to help personalise content tailor... Prop it open, 4 system before installing your new heater core I a..., 2 Audi 8p A3 Autoinstruct the repair, 2 clogged heater core, a... See the plug they have on mine mk7 golf coolant drain: Golf R GTI Audi., 10 light can be cleared with a simple fix or it be! 4 Cyl prop it open, 4 replace cap - mk7 golf coolant drain the Cover on... And prop it open, 4 in if you register later discontinued cleared with a Mk7.5 Golf 1.8T. Fill with plain water, Run it for a day then drain down and flush but... For an accurate reading just be pulling out air soon 07 Mk5 1.9tdi did n't everything..., 2 silicate is used to protect the aluminum components in the summer but wo freeze... Different cars - drain the coolant inside the engine will pour out the system a flush install.
2020 mk7 golf coolant drain