Vanilla Oreo Cookie Truffles are a perfect Valentine’s Day or birthday treat! Just be sure to keep them in an airtight container! You can also put them in a gallon resealable bag and crush with rolling pin if you don't have a blender or food processor. Reserve for later. This post is sponsored by OREO, all opinions are my own. I love learning new things to do with my favorite store bought cookie! They are a great make-ahead treat that freezes great. YUM so delicious and easy to make. OREO Cookies, Classic.– DO NOT remove the cream filling. Place on a wax-paper lined cookie sheet and store in the freezer while you prepare the cupcake batter (about 10-20 minutes). Once the cookies are crumbled, place them in a large bowl and add cream cheese frosting. This Oreo frosting would also makes a great cupcake filling! Ingredients: 1 – 14oz pkg OREO original cookies (I don’t recommend generic brands as they are softer than the OREO brand) 1 can vanilla or cream cheese frosting (Cream cheese-flavored frosting does not actually contain cream cheese so these truffles do not need to be refrigerated.) So when I do buy bricks of it at the U.S. commissary, I hoard it for frosting cakes and cupcakes, and don’t usually want to “waste” it on other things. At $6 a bag it seemed a bit pricey to Dad. Coat Truffles in Chocolate: Dip each truffle into the chocolate mixture and roll gently with a fork to evenly coat. Once your cookie ball is nice and firm, place it in the nice warm chocolate bath. Melted Snowmen Oreo Balls are festive and a great addition to any holiday party. i'll be trying these puppies tomorrow, thanks!!!! Freeze OREO balls for 15 minutes. Just a few ingredients go into these festive Christmas tree treats! Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes Melt 1 package of chips at a time for 30 seconds at a time stirring after each 30 seconds After 1 minute add 1 T of shortening Cover truffles with the melted chocolate and return to … *. No-Bake 3 Milk Treats. Yes, they need to be refrigerated since they are made with cream cheese. Dip truffles: Remove truffles from freezer and dip in melted chocolate and use a spoon to pour some chocolate over the top then lift and allow excess chocolate to run off. for the oreo truffles: Place Oreos in a ziploc bag and crush them with your hands or a rolling pin to fine crumbs. Oreo truffles are one of the oldest chocolate tricks in the book yet they never disappoint. Melt the other half of white chocolate for a final coat on the truffles. Roll the OREO mixture into small balls and place on a baking sheet or tray that's been lined with parchment or wax paper. This easy chocolate cupcake recipe is rich and full of flavor, and the surprise-inside Oreo truffle is so much fun! Put these guys into the freezer for about 30 minutes to harden up. All Rights Reserved. Definitely try this with the kids, thank you for sharing!! Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Try it and love it? Place coated Oreo Truffles back on the parchment paper and sprinkle with reserved crushed cookie crumbs. Next, dip the truffles in melted chocolate and then spread them out on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. These Christmas Tree Oreo Truffles are adorable homemade Christmas gift that will be appreciated by all who are lucky enough to … Crush remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. These cakes are decadent and once they’ve been topped off with a wonderful Oreo frosting they just taste incredible. Repeat with the rest of the balls. Then, mix the cookie crumbs with 1 package of softened cream cheese and shape the mixture into small, 1-inch balls with your hands. One important tip to note when using this frosting … Lift the ball out and allow the excess chocolate to drip off before placing the ball on the baking sheet. In fact, the Carrot Cake Oreo cookies actually have a cream cheese … Hence, my desire to make an Oreo truffle recipe without cream cheese. How did you know I was licking the screen?! Drop a frozen Oreo truffle into each cupcake liner. 2. Oreo Truffles Step-by-Step Step One: Crumble the Cookies. Melt white almond bark according to package directions. I opted to make an Oreo Buttercream Frosting. But I’ve certainly eaten more than my share! Flatten it against your fingers and add one oreo truffle ball to the middle. Your email address will not be published. What’s remarkable about these oreo truffles is that the inside only has two ingredients. Remove the balls from the freezer, dip them into the melted chocolate making sure to completely cover the balls and place the dipped balls back on the baking tray that's been lined. The middle is made with Oreos plus just enough cream cheese to bind it. Ingredients: 1 – 14oz pkg OREO original cookies (I don’t recommend generic brands as they are softer than the OREO brand) 1 can vanilla or cream cheese frosting (Cream cheese-flavored frosting does not actually contain cream cheese so these truffles do not need to be refrigerated.) If you love homemade treats to give out to friends and family but are short on time these Oreo Balls are for you! Can I say YUM!?!?! The majority of the recipes for Oreo Truffles he was finding called for white chocolate to coat the Oreo truffle balls. Home » Recipes » Cookies » Oreo Balls {Oreo Truffles}. Shawn is the Owner and Creator of I Wash You Dry. You can just drop the Oreo ball in the melted chocolate and, using a spoon or fork, roll it around in the chocolate and then lift it out but this can get a little messy and your truffles may not be as pretty! 1t vanilla Place on wax paper and freeze (10 min). Most people know these as chocolate Oreo Truffles but whatever you call them, these Melted Snowmen Oreos Balls are a Christmas dessert recipe that is always a hit. These OREO truffle balls are a family favorite, as well as sugar cookie truffles, chocolate chip cookie dough truffles and brownie truffles. Form mixture into 1/2 in. Return truffles to the refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to completely firm up. So here is another way to do it so you get evenly coated Oreo balls: Oreo Balls will keep in the refrigerator for up to three weeks or you can freeze them for up to two months. Add vanilla. Mix the red velvet cake crumbs with the frosting (you'll probably need to use your hands). I just made them for the first time myself last weekend for a baby shower. I was visiting family up in Utah and I thought it would be fun to try it out on them {’cause let’s face it, if I made these at my house I’d end up eating the whole lot}! Just make sure it’s decorating icing, not the gel icing or cookie icing. {this takes mad-skills}, This first bath was just a little “crumb coating.”. No-Bake 3-Ingredient Oreo Mini Cheesecakes. I like to coat them in two different kinds of chocolate – I coat half of them in white chocolate and the other half in regular chocolate. To make Oreo crumbs, add … For a peppermint twist, top the balls with crushed peppermint candies. They then take a nice bath in some melted chocolate to be fancied up! We use cookies, see our full. I put them in a zip-close bag and used my hands, but it might actually be easier to use a food processor. Use the toothpick to dip the ball in the melted chocolate and roll it around to completely coat it. If the frosting is too thick, add milk one tsp at a time until you reach the consistency you want. Dipping Chocolate, almond bark is my favorite because it hardens faster and quicker and doesn't melt as easy as chocolate chips after it sets up. They only have three ingredients (plus a few optional ones if you’re feeling fancy! Using a stand mixer or hand mixer beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. }, You can pack these up and show someone how much they really mean to you… or…. I have been making these for years-I love them. I’ve never made these either! Dad decided to pull an audible and headed down the cake isle. Our The Best Oreo Buttercream Frosting is a creamy vanilla buttercream frosting flavored with delicious Oreos. A classic Christmas treat that are no-bake, quick and easy with only three ingredients. These Oreo truffles taste as good as they look! I'm here to help you win in the kitchen again! Christmastime gets crazy so I like to pick just a few simple things to make like Homemade Chocolate Covered Cherries, Microwave Peanut Brittle and these adorable Oreo Balls, also known as Oreo Truffles, I’m sharing today! Mini Key Lime Pies Add the … Plus, these truffles are always a hit! You have to try the peanut butter ones! 3-Ingredient Lemon Mousse. And lots of sprinkles, of course! The way they are ground together, the filling transforms into a very moist, cake-like truffle … All Rights Reserved. Oreo Balls also known as Oreo Truffles are a classic Christmas treat that are no-bake, quick and easy with only three ingredients. Copyright 2020 Shawn Syphus (I Wash You Dry). This homemade chocolate cupcake recipe is filled with an Oreo truffle filling and topped with homemade vanilla buttercream frosting! Well, we are actually showing you ways to utilize the Oreo and take it beyond just eating it as a cookie, but a glass of milk is still a great accompaniment! dairy free and gluten free oreo truffles recipe ingredients: Gluten free and dairy free chocolate sandwich cookies: I use “ K-Toos “ Dairy free cream cheese: I know dairy free cream cheese can be hit or miss for some so if you don’t want to use cream cheese, you can use vanilla or chocolate frosting … At $6 a bag it seemed a bit pricey to Dad. Use the fork to scoop up the truffle and allow the excess chocolate to drip off into the bowl. It sounds so easy and fun to make! Use 2 forks to help ensure that they get coated well. Keep these Oreo balls in your freezer, and you can have some soft, chocolatey Oreo balls all year round. OREO Truffles, non-refrigerated. If you’re looking for a new Christmas treat to try I think you’ll love these! Dad decided to pull an audible and headed down the cake isle. Home » Recipe Index » Desserts » Oreo Truffles. What I love best about them is that I can make a big batch and freeze them. I use the opposite chocolate and drizzle on top of the truffle instead of cookie crumbs. Cookies and Cream Cupcakes paired with this Oreo Buttercream are a definite way to put a smile on everyone’s face. package cream cheese (softened) white chocolate bark. {can I join? Instant Pot {Pressure Cooker} Hamburger Stroganoff, Cream Cheese Cranberry Bread Recipe + VIDEO. The majority of the recipes for Oreo Truffles he was finding called for white chocolate to coat the Oreo truffle balls. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet or tray. On the last day of work before we shut down until after New Year, there is a morning tea. {note: the original recipe calls for just cream cheese…but hey, I have a sweet tooth to satisfy!}. I like to use the white chocolate flavor because they go best with the Golden Oreos themselves and that is what we have stuck to with this recipe, but you could try regular chocolate too. Dad wanted to make Oreo Eyeball truffles. Oreo Buttercream Frosting from Real Mom Kitchen Grasshopper Icecream Dessert (Asphalt Pie) from Jamie Cooks It Up! until the cookies … With a rubber spatula or spoon, mix the oreos into the frosting…
2020 oreo truffles with frosting