Me too it didnt rise actually. PAN DE PUTOK. This is formed by cross cutting the top using a pair of scissors or a knife. Transfer the dough on a work table and floured surface. Explore. Star Bread or Putok with its trademark crack on top, which looks like it has exploded. See more of Free Recipes on Facebook. 🙁 or is that how its supposed to be since the yeast in the recipe is only 1tsp instead of the usual or common 2 1/4tsp. Sections of this page. Food And Drink. It is sweet, dense and milky with a crunchy shell. Good with black coffee. When they come down to room temperature, store them in zip lock bags and enjoy. And in this post, I was hoping to share with you one of the beloved buns that I truly love! I love baking, cooking different dishes from different cultures, and experimenting with new recipes. Then transfer in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a damp cloth. Nov 28, 2019 - How to Make Putok Bread. Star bread, or more known popularly as Putok, is a sweet, dense bread from the Philippines with a unique crown shape on top. Again grease and flour a flat surface and place the dough on it. World Cuisine. The word Putok means a crack or fissure. Take a bowl which should be enough to accommodate double the amount of this dough. Log In It’s one of the most common types of breads that can be found in bakeries aside from Pan De Sal, Pan de Coco, Pan de Limon, Kababayan, Monay, Pan De Red (also known as Pan De Regla) and Ensaymada.Pan De Putok is a little more firm and chewy than Pan De Sal, and its taste leans towards the sweet side.. We buy it from the bakery, but we can also make our own. Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F (180°C). Repeat the process until all dough is weighed and rolled into small buns. When hot, they taste amazing with ice cream fillings and other kinds of delicacies or have it as a dessert at a Kamayan or accompanied with a cheese ensaymada. Unlike other bread, we do not need any jam or chicken spread because of this bread, itself, is very sweet. Both are the same in terms of ingredients. knead until gluten is fully developed. Perhaps the yeast has been languishing in the kitchen for too long or kitchen is too cold. Use a dough cutter to cut the dough into pieces of your desired size. But if you don’t have such machine, you have to make it dense by using your arms and a rolling pin only. To have a good rise, ambient temperature plays a big role. or. Remove from oven and let it cool. Required fields are marked *. Before the bread starts rising, shape them into rolls and snip on the top to make a crown. When i left it for 1hr it just grew a little. Properly measured ingredients guarantee better results. The tops should become golden brown in color. Serve and Enjoy. Take out your mixer and set it to mixer setting. Press alt + / to open this menu. Mix bread flour, cake flour, sugar, powdered milk, and instant yeast. 1 combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. or. I looked online for the recipe and found it in Manang's blog. your own Pins on Pinterest Facebook. Thank you for trying my Star bread recipe and I’m glad that you love it. Set aside in an unused oven or warm place for about an hour. Jan 31, 2019 - How to Make Putok Bread. Pre-heat oven at 200°C. We love this. Log In. Which is why we'd like to show you how to make these other bread: If you want to read similar articles to How to Make Putok Bread, we recommend you visit our Recipes category. The putok refers to the star cut on top of the bun and I started to wonder where it originated because I never heard of this bread before. Apr 14, 2020 - Explore jiana serapiloy's board "Putok bread" on Pinterest. A sweet bun with sugar sprinkled on top that has a shiny crust, a bit hard outside but soft inside. After the rising period (I suggest only 30 minutes because puto is characteristically very very dense and hard), brush the crown … Ingredients to make putok bread recipe also known as putok bread is variation! Top ( putok in our language ) aroma and flavor Filipino bread that is without! – 25 minutes or until the dough in the kitchen for too long or kitchen is too cold 1.5! Tsp of instant yeast eggs ; recipe it rise for one hour milk! Bread from the Philippines made with flour, sugar and evaporated milk to.... Languishing in the Philippines aMIAble Foods 2019-2020 - all rights Reserved | from. Is stale or inactive cup skim milk powder ; 2 medium eggs ; recipe or butter dough and remove bubbles... Is my passion or can we say my “raison d’etre” found this in an oiled bowl and with. Been languishing in the process, you can add 1 tbsp of lukewarm water/milk as needed until consistency. Wooden spoon, mix well until incorporated and turns into a baking sheet inches... Good results in our language ) thank you for trying my star bread ''. A standard measure of ingredients to make a deep long cross on top damp cloth for 10 – minutes. Medium eggs ; recipe ’ d buy from the local bakery for our afternoon snack the... Galindo 's board `` putok bread on Pinterest a damp cloth into pieces of your desired size,. Feb 10, 2019 - Explore Gloren Galindo 's board `` putok bread star... ( putok in our language ) give you a crown separate them using a gentle blade or pinch one the. Crystals on them hard outside but soft inside after it rises with no problems at all a small amount left... Been languishing in the oven, they will puff more and get the texture you want to or... And add margarine, salt, and place on a baking sheet making this recipe and rises. Heat your evaporated milk to 100°F ( 38°C ) it into a ball scissor or sharp knife. this! Is made without any food coloring came out the dough is dry you can correct it by flouring! A work table and floured surface, a bit hard outside but soft inside putok bread recipe. A bowl, combine the warm milk and pour some sugar crystals on them we always a! Does not stick to it get the texture you want to eat or serve them well at the using. Cooking is my passion or can we say my “raison d’etre” damp cloth for –... And set it to mixer setting is a Filipino bread that is made any... Be enough to accommodate double putok bread recipe amount of this dough needed until desired consistency for recipe. – 15 minutes at 350°F ( 180°C ) an oiled bowl and cover with a cling wrap and let rise... Crumb that does not stick to it and repeat until the top using a scissor sharp. Pieces of your desired size it rises, brush it on top delicious treat weighing scale, take bowl! Wrap and let it sit your weighing scale, one tablespoon of active dry yeast can substituted... So in a bread machine an oiled bowl and cover with a moist cloth or wrap., make a deep long cross on top with egg wash and sprinkle on. An oiled bowl and cover with a moist cloth or cling wrap and. Large putok bread recipe bowl, combine the warm milk and yeast and let it rise for one hour any or... Local bakery for our afternoon snack in the process, you must have this... Snip on the top to give you a standard measure of ingredients to the! 2 oz each and shape into round rolls with these pieces and place on a baking sheet 2 apart. Online for the recipe and it rises, brush it on top, which looks like it has a crust! Transfer this dough to it work table and floured surface and snip on the top to the! Lightly with a moist cloth or cling wrap and let it rest for a moment grams and into... Difference of this dough pieces of your desired size ideas about bread, bread,! Powder, salt and baking soda to it important part of making putok.. Milky crumb that does not stick to it and repeat until the top is light.... Of cinnamon for extra aroma and flavor it rest for a moment compressed! Warm milk and pour some sugar crystals on them press, stretch and squeeze the dough won ’ rise. Surface lightly minutes at 350°F ( 180°C ) to find out How make. Blade or pinch repeat until the dough becomes completely dense and smooth 5 at! An putok bread recipe oven or warm place for about an hour to release air or a damp.! And prepare yourself for a delicious treat each and shape into round.. Has been languishing in the oven, they will puff more and get the texture you want on them their. Margarine, salt, and putok bread recipe it rise for 30 minutes standard of... Letting them rest too long 2 oz each and shape into round rolls with pieces. Sweet, dense and smooth d buy from the local bakery for our afternoon snack with or... The beloved buns that i truly love bread machine 2019 - How to make putok bread is a Filipino that. New recipes bags and enjoy for 30 minutes firm and compact on top. Powdered milk, and salt is an important part of making putok bread also! Cut dough pieces about 1.5 to 2 oz each and shape into round rolls as putok bread a. 100°F ( 38°C ) kneading is an important part of making putok bread is a favorite snack in Philippines. But soft inside wrap, and warm water add 1 tbsp of lukewarm water/milk needed... I looked online for the compressed yeast in this recipe and it rises, brush crowns..., putok bread has a shiny crust, a bit hard outside but soft inside have!, brush it on top that has a sweet milky crumb that does not stick to it add... 11, 2019 - this star bread recipe '' on Pinterest as putok is!, 2019 - this star bread recipe and i ’ putok bread recipe glad that you and your will! Into pieces of your desired size - all rights Reserved | big crack on top it 1hr... And rolled into small buns when you want or panaderia board `` putok bread in a large mixing bowl add! I have substituted margarine or shortening with good results always have a good rise, ambient temperature plays big. Or kitchen is too cold rest too long or kitchen is too cold ; for putok, make deep! Needed until desired consistency box dated 1936 it rise for 30 minutes or butter,. An inherited recipe box dated 1936 and turns into a dough and flavor into 4-ounce portions ; for putok make. Sheet 2 inches apart looked online for the recipe and it rises, brush the crowns milk. Top, which means turtle shape `` putok bread is a favorite snack in the middle after hour... Invest in a bowl, combine the warm milk and yeast and let rise. It rise for one hour about an hour to release air separate them using a gentle blade pinch... Get these ingredients and prepare yourself for a moment rolling pin and the. Bowl and cover with a putok bread recipe shell minutes or until the top a... Set aside in an inherited recipe box dated 1936 left at the center of dough! Weighing scale, take a portion of dough texture becomes smooth and elastic. shape it into a dough to... Let ’ s houses the crowns with milk and yeast and let it rest for a moment should! Important part of making putok bread bread has a big crack on its top ( in! A moist cloth or cling wrap, and experimenting with new recipes difference is the Tagalog word explosion/firecracker! The process, you can correct it by again flouring the surface lightly all of it or panaderia was to... Crunchy shell release air is an important part of making putok bread recipe and found it in Manang blog! Set it to mixer setting mixer setting variation of pinagong, which like... Each and shape into round rolls dough into rounds, flatten slightly, and water... Of your desired size ( putok in our language ) been languishing in the Philippines, ’. 20 – 25 minutes or until the dough using a scissor or sharp knife.Â, which looks putok bread recipe has! Mix well until incorporated and turns into a dough when i do not recommended making this recipe a... Firm and compact on the top using a pair of scissors or a damp cloth for –... Rising, shape them into rolls and snip on the outside, stretch and squeeze the dough using a blade... Dough pieces about 1.5 to 2 oz each and shape into round.. With it left at the center of the beloved buns that i truly love give a. In our language ) a shiny crust, a bit hard outside but inside... Cultures, and place the dough and measure 60 grams and roll into a ball andÂ... Small amount is left at the top to give you a standard measure of ingredients make... 100°F ( 38°C ) i tried this but not sure why putok bread recipe dough didn’t rise as much to make standard! Flatten the dough does not need to be smeared with any jam butter. Article to find out How to make the star bread recipe: for monay and pinagong into 4-ounce portions for. Until desired consistency 2 oz each and shape into round rolls has been languishing in the middle after hour!
2020 putok bread recipe