Whatbird Community

Looks like some Hornsby Bend birds! 
So, my take: 

1. Two Purple Martins (the cheeks and throat and breast have too much color and the head shape is too peaked) and the Cave

2. Barn swallow (the forehead seems too pale, the collar doesn't work for a cave, and the wings are too long and swept back)

3. yes

4. Yes

5. This might be the Northern Rough-Wing

#5 is a Tree Swallow, with that nice, clean face pattern. On #4, I see three Cave, three Barn, and the brown one facing away from us -- not sure about him, maybe Bank?

Yes Hornsby Bend! I'm a west coaster and this was my first time in Texas so needless to say I was pretty excited about this spot. More IDs to come. Thanks for the input as always. 

Well, welcome, pinelaker! It's a great spot for sure, though there are more productive times of year there. I'm sure you have a list, but another great spot is Commons Ford Ranch Park on the west of town, if you haven't gotten there yet. Enjoy!

And psweet, thank you for the correction. It appears I'm rather "suggestable" when looking at photos. 

5 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Queries with bad puns in the title should be ignored.  :classic_rolleyes:

Not usually my style but for some reason I couldn't help myself with this one..

• Haha 1

Any other shots of 5? Overall structure points to Bank for me, and I think I can see the start of a pretty strong breast band. I’m not saying it isn’t a Tree, but would like to see more shots.