Whatbird Community
Sign in to follow this  
Birding Boy

Empidonax…

Any thoughts on these flycatchers? South East Michigan today. All photos of different birds. Thanks!

Least?

RSCN5896.thumb.JPG.9929b0671be47c4453548ed9d6e12a75.JPG

Least?

RSCN5899.thumb.JPG.15c57e25378ea5649beaf5ebff83b41b.JPG

Alder?

RSCN5884.thumb.JPG.8f9b1da1dd91da22648761e8a9be04d2.JPG

Not sure. Seemed kinda big, willow perhaps?

RSCN5893.thumb.JPG.1e24d549eebe86ff5a3bfdf5f4ce564f.JPG

Awesome! Yellow-Bellied is a lifer for me, thanks for the correction. I'll be sure to get ya later when my likes regenerate lol.

Edited by Birding Boy

Awesome! Yellow-Bellied is a lifer for me, thanks for the correction. I'll be sure to get ya later when my likes regenerate lol.

Better wait till the rest chime in as I'm not as experienced with Yellow-bellied.

I agree with @akandula. The second bird is tricky, but I lean Least because the eyering seems bold and the bill short. As far as the last two, they definitely lean to either side of the spectrum, but whether you call them further than Traill's is your choice.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm just happy to get the id's corrected haha I don't care if I missed one bird.  Yeah, I can't see those as Yellow-Bellied now, forgot to look at the throats.

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

I agree with @akandula. The second bird is tricky, but I lean Least because the eyering seems bold and the bill short. As far as the last two, they definitely lean to either side of the spectrum, but whether you call them further than Traill's is your choice.

I heard both in the area,  but only got a visual on these two. I'll probably put them down to Sp.

• Like 1

The third picture looks pretty good for an Alder but I’m not 100% sure. The last bird appears to be a straightforward Willow with that long bill, almost imperceptible eyering, and conspicuous peaked crown.