Whatbird Community

Central Nevada, 6/10

I'm thinking Orange-crowned, but I am not familiar with western warblers and the bill doesn't seem small or sharp enough...

DSCN3533.jpg

Two really, really bad ones. What are the other candidates? Tennessee shouldn't live here... What field marks should I be looking for if I can find him again?

DSCN3531.jpg

DSCN3532.jpg

Ok, that makes sense, but what would it be? The first photo seems to show a pretty clear partial eyering, but that matches very few vireos. A bright Bell's would show that, but would be a first county record, so I'm very hesitant to call it that. What else could it be? I guess it just goes as passerine sp. for now.

I feel like this looks good for a Plumbeous/Cassin’s Vireo, most likely Plumbeous based on location and time of year. 

On 6/12/2020 at 7:55 PM, Sneat said:

I feel like this looks good for a Plumbeous/Cassin’s Vireo, most likely Plumbeous based on location and time of year. 

The auriculars are nowhere near extensively dark enough. If it's a vireo, Bell's/Warbling are the options for this beastie in Nevada.