Whatbird Community

Hey!

This bird flew into my window yesterday and sat for a while on the couch before (thankfully) flying away.

I thought at first that it was a brown thrasher. But it was smaller. And its breast was completely monotone - beige/white.

And it's back was also monotone, in the color pictured. No wing-bars, no speckles, nothing.

It did have white spots at the very tips of its tail feathers. It's eyes appeared to have a reddish glint to them.

Thanks for help figuring it out! IMG_1108.thumb.jpg.89d0e03d71a3edb3afbb7ace9862ebd9.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

Omg! Yes, that's it! It was a juvenile and I don't think its tail feathers were all the way grown in. That is so cool. I have never seen one here (Maine. I should have said.) And I have been birding this patch for like 7 years now.

Cool! Thanks!

I just want to see what a bionic chicken looks like 🤔 I'm sure that would be a lifer for most of us :classic_laugh:

8 hours ago, SirVive said:

I'm sure that would be a lifer for most of us :classic_laugh:

The Bionic Chicken or the Black-billed Cuckoo?

16 hours ago, Kevin said:

The Bionic Chicken or the Black-billed Cuckoo?

Well where I live one is nearly as rare as the other :classic_cool:

On 7/5/2020 at 6:31 PM, BionicChicken said:

Omg! Yes, that's it! It was a juvenile and I don't think its tail feathers were all the way grown in. That is so cool. I have never seen one here (Maine. I should have said.) And I have been birding this patch for like 7 years now.

Cool! Thanks!

It's not a juvenile, as juvenile plumage sports pale fringes to all upperparts feathers.