Whatbird Community

Hi All,

The first one was very grey in color and I am thinking Grey Cheeked Thrush maybe. As for the warbler is it a young Blackburnian warbler?

Thanks

Darren

500_6854 (Small).jpg

500_6857 (Small).jpg

Posted (edited)

It's Gray-cheeked/Bicknell's/Swainson' Thrush, but I'm not sure a conclusive ID is possible, although I certainly lean Bicknell's/Gray-cheeked. Where are you located?

Edited by Benjamin
  • Like 1

The thrush is not a Swainson's given the blackness of the chest spotting and lateral throat stripes. Given that we know not where or when the photo was taken, differentiating between Bicknell's and Gray-cheeked is very difficult, if not impossible. However, the bird does have the long, rangy look of Gray-cheeked, rather than the squat appearance of Bicknell's, though I'm not at all sure how much of that one can take to the bank. The Blackburnian is probably a one-year-old female.

Please always include date and location in your posts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Benjamin said:

It's Gray-cheeked/Bicknell's/Swainson' Thrush, but I'm not sure a conclusive ID is possible, although I certainly lean Bicknell's/Gray-cheeked. Where are you located?

Killarney Provincial Park Ontario Canada last week

4 hours ago, Tony Leukering said:

The thrush is not a Swainson's given the blackness of the chest spotting and lateral throat stripes. Given that we know not where or when the photo was taken, differentiating between Bicknell's and Gray-cheeked is very difficult, if not impossible. However, the bird does have the long, rangy look of Gray-cheeked, rather than the squat appearance of Bicknell's, though I'm not at all sure how much of that one can take to the bank. The Blackburnian is probably a one-year-old female.

Please always include date and location in your posts.

Killarney Provincial Park Ontario Canada last week  

So looking at the Bicknell range I am thinking it is the Gray-cheeked.

Thanks for the help guys