Whatbird Community

2 More bird Calls

Gone through all of my recordings and these are the only two left I’m still questionable about. Seen in Shuswap BC. So far nothing new, but these are my last chances! 

Im assuming the 2nd is a Western Tanager, and the first I’m not really sure on at all. The first  vid is very short, but that’s the only time I heard it in the video (ignore the Siskins and the Towhee) 

Thanks again 

Edited by Aaron
Videos posted in order opposite of what I said in text

It’s the sound that occurs before and during the Raven call. Sounds sorta like lasers(?) maybe. 

Cassins would be good, I was hoping it would be as I thought I heard one a few days prior and reported it, but wasn’t 100% sure. Thought that it was a bit too bubbly. I’ve learned to recognize the calls of Warbling and Red-eyes Vireos, but Cassins has been giving me trouble. 
Thanks!

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

It’s the sound that occurs before and during the Raven call. Sounds sorta like lasers(?) maybe. 

Cassins would be good, I was hoping it would be as I thought I heard one a few days prior and reported it, but wasn’t 100% sure. Thought that it was a bit too bubbly. I’ve learned to recognize the calls of Warbling and Red-eyes Vireos, but Cassins has been giving me trouble. 
Thanks!

Oh, those are Siskins. 

• Like 2