Whatbird Community

45 minutes ago, Jerry Friedman said:

OK, Hawaii seemed to be in bounds or in doubt in the first post, and I didn't read farther than that.  So the area for this thread is the continental U.S. and Canada including their territorial waters, and of course St. Pierre et Miquelon?

Yeah. That’s all good. If people really want it we could do Hawaii, but most of us don’t associate it with the ABA area. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

282. Blackburnian Warbler 283. Canada Warbler 284. Cerulean Warbler 285. Chestnut-sided Warbler 286. Connecticut Warbler  

427. Gyrfalcon 428. Black-tailed Godwit 429. Northern Wheatear 430. Sedge Wren 431. Fork-tailed Flycatcher  

265. Bohemian Waxwing  

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, stitch58 said:

Currently using a Canon 90D with a Sigma 100-600mm Contemporary.

That's a much more modestly priced setup than I imagined- you're an excellent photographer!

I've sunk a similar amount of money into my gear, but the main issue is that I'm a videographer so it was mostly in getting two Sony Alpha series cameras... Now I'm stuck because it doesn't make sense to buy a bunch of canon glass, but I really don't want to get Sony glass because it's ridiculously expensive and the Alpha cameras are notorious battery drainers, not something I want to deal with in the field. So, I'm stuck shooting with the first dslr I ever got, a crappy rebel with a kit 300mm lens from 2014 😂

20 hours ago, Benjamin said:

That's a much more modestly priced setup than I imagined- you're an excellent photographer!

I've sunk a similar amount of money into my gear, but the main issue is that I'm a videographer so it was mostly in getting two Sony Alpha series cameras... Now I'm stuck because it doesn't make sense to buy a bunch of canon glass, but I really don't want to get Sony glass because it's ridiculously expensive and the Alpha cameras are notorious battery drainers, not something I want to deal with in the field. So, I'm stuck shooting with the first dslr I ever got, a crappy rebel with a kit 300mm lens from 2014 😂

Thanks so much, I appreciate it!! I think the lens has a lot to do with it though. It really changed things up for me when I got it. Obviously its not as good as one of Canon's big L series lenses but the value for the money is really great! They have actually reduced the price on the lens recently making it an even better value. I don't know if you're aware of it but Sigma also offers a mount conversion service. I believe they only make the lens in Sigma, Canon & Nikon mounts but I believe it can be converted to a Sony mount ( https://www.sigmaphoto.com/150-600mm-f5-63-dg-os-hsm-c ). I have no idea how much it would cost but it might be worthwhile checking into for your situation. I know what you mean about the Sony Zeiss lenses, they are pretty steep in price. One of my first DSLR's was a a Sony a100 & I ended switching to Canon because of it. Thanks again!!

• 2 weeks later...