Whatbird Community

Birds of North America #2

@Connor Cochraneor whomever else may have the answer-I have a few birds that I did not see on the new list and also checked an old list for them and did not find them (may have missed them). Were the birds listed below ever on the list and if no can they be added as they are countable in limited areas?

Chestnut-fronted Macaw

Blue and Yellow Macaw

Orange-winged Parrot

House Crow

Blue-crowned Parakeet

Helmeted Guineafowl

I have photos for a couple of these not all.

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo...I have only a crap photo of an Aplomado Falcon, and therefore am hesitant to post it for this beautiful bird.  Here's a link to the checklist... https://ebird.org/checklist/S97559201

Can someone take a peak at this and tell me that they can do better than that so I can avoid posting it please?  @Connor CochraneI believe you mentioned you had a bad photo of this bird, but is it worse than this one or better?  Please advise any/all and thanks!

FYI, I have my eye on a few more rarities down in south Texas that I intend to try for sometime this month, so hopefully more to come! (Ferruginous Pygmy Owl, Hook-billed Kite - dark morph, Social Flycatcher, etc.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Caley Thomas 2.0 said:

Sooo...I have only a crap photo of an Aplomado Falcon, and therefore am hesitant to post it for this beautiful bird.  Here's a link to the checklist... https://ebird.org/checklist/S97559201

Can someone take a peak at this and tell me that they can do better than that so I can avoid posting it please?  @Connor CochraneI believe you mentioned you had a bad photo of this bird, but is it worse than this one or better?  Please advise any/all and thanks!

FYI, I have my eye on a few more rarities down in south Texas that I intend to try for sometime this month, so hopefully more to come! (Ferruginous Pygmy Owl, Hook-billed Kite - dark morph, Social Flycatcher, etc.)

Oh, come on, that is not a bad photo, sure it is not going to win any prizes but it is far from bad. Not until you have to circle the bird in red, does a photo count as really bad. Or maybe if it looks something like this: 2400

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Caley Thomas 2.0 said:

Yes, Liam, as sure as the most recent list would suggest on both (see page 21 I believe, and go in there and delete them both out if you can after posting).  Thanks!

Wonderful! I don't know how I missed that. Thanks!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...