Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Birds of North America #2


Message added by Kevin,

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, IKLland said:

Let me clarify:

@Connor Cochrane’s Eastern Meadowlark photo got replaced by @lonestranger’s Eastern Meadowlark Photo. @Connor Cochrane, don’t we have to add Chihuahuan Meadowlark to the thread? 

 

No. I initially posted a phot of Chihuahuan Meadowlark before the split when it was Eastern. After the split, we didn't have a photo of a pure eastern, so @lonestranger added a photo of a true Eastern.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

No. I initially posted a phot of Chihuahuan Meadowlark before the split when it was Eastern. After the split, we didn't have a photo of a pure eastern, so @lonestranger added a photo of a true Eastern.

 

I think what @IKLland is asking is, is there a Chihuahuan AND Eastern Meadowlark counted on the list or is there just one Meadowlark counted. I don't think I added a number to my Meadowlark so that may have messed up the count that is in questioned.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, lonestranger said:

I think what @IKLland is asking is, is there a Chihuahuan AND Eastern Meadowlark counted on the list or is there just one Meadowlark counted. I don't think I added a number to my Meadowlark so that may have messed up the count that is in questioned.

Correct. Your Eastern Meadowlark photo simply replaced @Connor Cochrane’s for Eastern Meadowlark. But, Chihuahuan Meadowlark hasn’t technically been added with a number yet. In other words, @lonestranger, you simply never added the number for Eastern Meadowlark. 

All we need to do is have @Connor Cochranerepost his Chihuahuan Meadowlark photo, and add a number for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

Neither Eastern or Chihuahuan Meadowlark are on the needs list, so both must have been posted already.

A while ago, @Connor Cochraneadded a photo for Eastern. That photo ended up being a Chihuahuan Meadowlark(he posted it before the split)

Chihuahuan Meadowlark was never on the needs list because it was created before the split, but we can still add Chihuahuan Meadowlark because it’s a species. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at this thread for the first time in a while. Unfortunately I’ve seen some things we need (pelagics, Little Egret, Shiny Cowbird, WW Parakeet) but do not have the photos readily accessible. I will have to try to dig them up. 

Edited by blackburnian
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Do we want to include Hawaiian birds in this thread? I noticed that the audio recording thread includes them in the needs list. It's technically ABA now but it was and maybe still is a contentious decision.

If so, endemic/native only or all of the invasives as well? I noticed a few invasives listed in the audio thread that I think are only in Hawaii.

Edited by neilpa
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, neilpa said:

Do we want to include Hawaiian birds in this thread? I noticed that the audio recording thread includes them in the needs list. It's technically ABA now but it was and maybe still is a contentious decision.

If so, endemic/native only or all of the invasives as well? I noticed a few invasives listed in the audio thread that I think are only in Hawaii.

@Connor Cochrane

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 3:20 PM, IKLland said:

Correct. Your Eastern Meadowlark photo simply replaced @Connor Cochrane’s for Eastern Meadowlark. But, Chihuahuan Meadowlark hasn’t technically been added with a number yet. In other words, @lonestranger, you simply never added the number for Eastern Meadowlark. 

All we need to do is have @Connor Cochranerepost his Chihuahuan Meadowlark photo, and add a number for it.

So…. @Connor Cochrane

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 1/25/2023 at 3:21 PM, IKLland said:

A while ago, @Connor Cochraneadded a photo for Eastern. That photo ended up being a Chihuahuan Meadowlark(he posted it before the split)

Chihuahuan Meadowlark was never on the needs list because it was created before the split, but we can still add Chihuahuan Meadowlark because it’s a species. 

 

On 1/25/2023 at 3:20 PM, IKLland said:

Correct. Your Eastern Meadowlark photo simply replaced @Connor Cochrane’s for Eastern Meadowlark. But, Chihuahuan Meadowlark hasn’t technically been added with a number yet. In other words, @lonestranger, you simply never added the number for Eastern Meadowlark. 

All we need to do is have @Connor Cochranerepost his Chihuahuan Meadowlark photo, and add a number for it.

@Connor Cochrane?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...