Whatbird Community

Birds of North America #2

Message added by Kevin,

11 hours ago, IKLland said:

Okay, we may have screwed up the numbers here. Can somebody go to the start of page 26, read through everything and make sure everything is all good up until this point?

Specifically the meadowlark stuff

16 hours ago, IKLland said:

Okay, we may have screwed up the numbers here. Can somebody go to the start of page 26, read through everything and make sure everything is all good up until this point?

There is one extra count, the next bird should be 732

• Like 2

On 6/11/2023 at 12:55 AM, dragon49 said:

My husband and I went and saw this bird yesterday. My photos not nearly as good as yours, as it remained distant the short time we were there. Did you have any trouble finding the right location? Did you encounter problems with being there on the wrong day or did you hike in from a considerable distance? We had trouble finding the right spot. While we were there on the wrong day (Thursdays is the only day allowed for vehicle traffic in the specific area) we were told the rangers were allowing vehicle traffic to an intersection just 1/2 mile away. Of course, by the time we found the right spot it was getting hot. The one mile round trip about did me in (my back is in really bad shape and 1/2 mile is about my limit these days) but I wasn't leaving without seeing this bird.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clip said:

My husband and I went and saw this bird yesterday. My photos not nearly as good as yours, as it remained distant the short time we were there. Did you have any trouble finding the right location? Did you encounter problems with being there on the wrong day or did you hike in from a considerable distance? We had trouble finding the right spot. While we were there on the wrong day (Thursdays is the only day allowed for vehicle traffic in the specific area) we were told the rangers were allowing vehicle traffic to an intersection just 1/2 mile away. Of course, by the time we found the right spot it was getting hot. The one mile round trip about did me in (my back is in really bad shape and 1/2 mile is about my limit these days) but I wasn't leaving without seeing this bird.

Congratulations on your mega-rare lifer!

I'm sending you a PM regarding other specifics.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dragon49 said:

Congratulations on your mega-rare lifer!

I'm sending you a PM regarding other specifics.

Congrats to you too! Awesome bird. Looks we went to different locations. Super cool their are two them in the State.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BigOly said:

This is my first attempt.  Please delete if I made a mistake. Red-legged KittywakeKittywakeRed-legged.thumb.jpg.1a4bf527eb18f76bf41dea3045d54807.jpg

14 hours ago, BigOly said:

Buff Collard Nightjar

NightjarBuffCollard.Colima2018.jpg.acfc248f3801d964ddfc50b8f526fb95.jpg

Remember to number your photos. You did numbers 732 and 733. @Kevincan edit then for you.