Whatbird Community

The "Other" things you see when Birding

Red-headed Agama seen on our recent trip to the Florida Keys. This is an invasive species from Africa and people are encouraged to report them. Of course, we did not know this at the time and the article that I read does not say where to report them. Cool looking lizard any way. Wondering if I should start a lizard life list. I have definitely seen a bunch of different ones over the years. This trip alone we probably saw at least 6 different species of Lizards and there are apparently many more to see.

405.JPG

• Like 5

On 2/23/2021 at 3:46 AM, Clip said:

Nature is just full of surprises😲 Case in point how about a 6 inch wasp known as "Mega"hyssa Macrurus. Found this gal at Cherry Creek State Park in Colorado June 2014. Two inches of body and 4 inches of ovipositor. The ovipositor isn't used to sting it is used to lay eggs inside dead wood. This is the only one of these wasps I have ever seen.

014.JPG

026.JPG

I fulfilled one of my life ambitions by seeing one of those last summer, but missed another one by not getting a picture.

• Like 2